Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kona's not so snazzily titled fanfiction posts

2 posters

Go down

Kona's not so snazzily titled fanfiction posts Empty Kona's not so snazzily titled fanfiction posts

Post by Konaxookami Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:35 pm

I could just plug my FF.net-but I really hate doing the link xD Besides that-mur, I just don't want to right now.

I write too much I think-and chances are you've probably read something of mine if you've been over to the Mai HiME section of FF.net-but I'd like to share some of my favorites, and the ones I liked the most.

The Passions Of Youth?
Possibly the most fun I've had with Mai's character-the very first one shot in my 'Our Shining Days' project on FF x3 Enjoy?
------
Mai gave her friend a strange look as she laid on the grass beside her. There was this very strange, rather unusual look on her face, almost confusedly happy. Mai had known Natsuki for a least a year and a half now, and that look was one she rarely, if ever saw. Mai rose an eyebrow and decided to ask, “Uhh…Natsuki?” she probed, a bit nervous.

Said girl opened her eyes and looked to her friend, “Un?”

“Uhh…why the face?” she asked innocently, not expecting the fierce blush she got in response to the question.

Natsuki blushed again and it took a moment to answer, “The passions of youth got me,” she muttered, glancing away.

It took Mai a moment before the force of the words sunk in and she almost bowled backwards, “Whaaaat?!” She cried, feeling herself dust with pink as she watched her friend sink her face into her curled up knees. “Wait…you…did that…With who?! Takeda?!” she stuttered, blurting out the first name that came to mind.

Natsuki’s head shot up and her blush only worsened, “Of course not you idiot! Never!” she snapped loudly, fiercely defending herself. She ducked her head again at the look Mai gave her.

“The passions of youth?” Mai repeated.

“The passions of youth…” Natsuki confirmed, her voice muffled by her knees.

They remained silent for a while as Mai tried to piece together the situation. It was a few minutes before the answer came to her and she gave Natsuki a sly look, “Why do I get the distinct feeling a certain former Kaichou has something to do with this?” she mused, getting a visible flinch from the girl. It took Mai no more than a moment to burst out laughing at her flustered friend.

Natsuki stood with indigent pride, “Shut your trap!” she barked angrily. She growled at her friend, but Mai couldn’t keep hold of her control when she saw the girl blushing and trying to act seriously. “I said shut it!”

“You…You finally gave into kaichou-san’s begging didn’t you?” Mai managed to get out between her quieting laughter. She however had to grin and snicker again at Natsuki’s blush rising up again. She held her stomach to try to calm the laughter, “I can’t believe…that you…of all people…This is rich, too rich…” she rambled, giggling in between her broken sentence.

Natsuki sent her death glare to her friend, but grumbled as Mai only sent a raised eyebrow back at her. “Just shut up will you?” She snarled, smoothing out her uniform skirt as she moved to sit down again, “If you even breath a word of this to anyone I will personally end your existence,” she threatened. It was silent for a while and Natsuki inwardly swelled at the the thought that she had won.

“So how was it?” Mai questioned casually.

Natsuki choked on the breath she was taking in and almost instantaneously her face had gone from normal to tomato with the question. She sputtered about for around a minute before the words finally were able to completely form in her mouth, “H-how was what?”

Mai sent a sly grin and rose an eyebrow, “The sex naturally. I’m gonna take a stab and say it wasn’t a normal awkward first time around the block,” she answered, “So Natsuki? Was Fujino-san good or what?” she teased, elbowing her still stuttering friend in the side.

Natsuki retreated her face into her knees again and nodded silently. As soon as Mai started to laugh again she jerked her hood up above her head and pulled it down as far as it would go down her face. Summer be damned, she wasn’t letting Mai see her face.

“Soooo...?” Mai pressed, “How the hell did this happen? Were you drunk? Or did she bribe you or something? I’ll bet mayonnaise had something to do with it,” Mai asked, rattling off a few probable causes.

“It umm…just sorta happened…” Natsuki answered quietly, “I dunno how…but one minute we were talking, the next we were kissing, and then…” She groaned and trailed off. Her face felt like it was on fire at that moment and the summer heat wasn’t helping it in any way, nor was Mai’s teasing.

Mai blinked, “So was it like, date rape or something?” She hazarded. She was shocked by Natsuki whipping her face up to deny it.

“No! I mean-I wasn’t expecting it and all but-!...” she trailed off and looked down, “She was really gentle and stuff…and I can’t believe I’m telling you this!!” She cried the last part, collapsing on the grass with a conflicted look on her face, “Augh…” she groaned, placing a hand over her face to hide herself.

Mai looked at her flustered friend for a moment and then lightly patted the girl on the head, “there there Natsuki, it could have been much worse. I mean, it’s not like you guys did it in the Student council room or anything,” Mai drawled, trying to cheer up her friend. When there was a long draw of silence Mai narrowed her eyes slightly and a light pink blush dusted her cheeks again, “…You didn’t did you?”

“…No,” Natsuki finally answered, “I was just thinking how many times it was quite possible for that to have happened though…” she muttered, rolling over onto her stomach, flicking her hair back, “Given the way Shizuru is…if we were couple during the school year…she might’ve…” she trailed off holding her head with a tired sigh and a small whimper.

“Hang on a second there…If you were a couple then?” Mai repeated, noticing the twitch in her friend’s hand at the phrase. “So wait…if you’re phrasing it like that…”

Natsuki remained silent for a moment, and then growled, “Fishsticks.”

“You two are a couple?” Mai asked with a small amount of surprise. She blinked when Natsuki nodded mutely, “Wow…that’s something I thought I’d never live to hear. How’d that happen?”

Natsuki lifted her head from the grass slightly and drew her arms underneath her chin. “It’s a long story…and You’ve heard most of it,” she shrugged and the blush returned, but with a much quieter tone, “Besides, she’s my most precious person. It was only a matter of time before I realize I liked her more than as a best friend…” she murmured, putting it as bluntly as she could.

Mai looked down at her friend for a moment and then rose a eyebrow slightly in amusement, “So in other words she finally wore you down with all her teasing didn’t she?” She guessed, waiting for the growl of a response.

“Shut up.”

Said former Kaichou sneezed as she sat in her new apartment reading. She blinked and rubbed her nose slightly, “Ara…is someone gossiping about me?” she mused confusedly.
------

Sailor...HiME?
This one was written after I had a interesting conversation about Sailor Moon with my friend. After thinking about it I decided I might as well go for it-though I could have gone on for a LONG time on the subject, I decided to cut it short to keep it simple for people who didn't remember Sailor Moon or weren't familiar with it.
------
Natsuki silently cured her luck. It was always just her luck to have to have the hardest teacher for summer school. It was also just her luck to be stuck in the same room as a giggling Shizuru. Well…stuck was a rather extreme way of putting it, seeing as she could always just get up and leave. But she was certain that after she finished this damned arithmetic that Shizuru would be open to snuggle with and listen to her complain about her school work. If only Shizuru would stop with the freaking…

Giggle

Natsuki’s pencil stopped and she felt her face turn downward into a scowl. This was just about the tenth time she’d lost her place in her problem due to Shizuru giggling at whatever it was she happened to be doing. Augh! Damnit Shizuru! I need to finish this! It’s due tomorrow! Just three more problems…come on! She urged herself, setting back to the problems again.

It was another fifteen minutes before the sound came again and Natsuki’s pencil skidded to a stop once more. She flicked her hair back and glared at her paper. She was so close! She just needed ten more minutes without Shizuru’s laughter distracting her. She blushed at the thought. It wasn’t Shizuru’s fault that Natsuki couldn’t concentrate, but Natsuki would admit to herself that Shizuru’s giggling was a contributing factor to why she wasn’t able to focus on her math. It was just too…She shook her head again, forcing herself to push her friend’s laugh out of her mind and focus on the last problem.

Giggle

Natsuki could feel her eye twitch at this and she looked up to her friend to happened to be sitting on the couch at the moment. Natsuki inwardly mused that if any of Shizuru’s fan girls were here they’d probably be shocked at what the normally elegant and poised woman was wearing. Natsuki proudly thought she must’ve been rubbing off on the otherwise well dressed girl. A dark violet shirt with quarter length sleeves and a pair of skinny jeans adorn the normally kimono clad woman. As of the moment the shirt was riding up her stomach due to the position she was in on the couch and her lower legs hung off the other side, waving slightly from time to tie as a habit of Shizuru’s. Natsuki let herself amusedly smirk at how the former kaichou read. There was a mass of pillows behind her head, making it so she couldn’t possibly fit her whole self onto the couch. Due to this she was in a strange scoop position that Natsuki found incredibly awkward to look at, but Shizuru seemed to be quite relaxed in it.

Shizuru rose her burgundy eyes to glance casually at the staring girl with poorly concealed amusement. “Ara, Natsuki should be paying attention to her homework, should she not?” she reminded, her voice lilting as she lightly teased the now flushed girl before her. She allowed her eyes to linger as Natsuki stood and harrumphed.

“I’m done,” Natsuki announced with slight annoyance, “Don’t you have any university papers to be working on?” she grumbled, organizing some of her papers on the low table before wandering around the table towards the couch, listening with slight envy at Shizuru’s words.

“Luckily for myself my admission papers were rather easy to finish, and I, unlike Natsuki, did not wait until the last minute to complete them. Therefore I do not have anything Natsuki,” she reported cheerfully, turning back to her book with an amused smile.

Natsuki snorted and leaned against the arm of the couch, peering into the book her friend was currently reading. When she figured out what it was she had to give off a snicker, “Now who would’ve thought that the great Fujino Shizuru read Sailor Moon?” Natsuki snickered again, “Never took ya for one of those kind of girls Shizuru,”

Shizuru pouted and looked up at Natsuki with a mock insulted look on her face. “Natsuki Ikezu. Weren’t you the one who gave me the books in the first place?” she whined, reminding the girl of her deed.

Natsuki perched her elbows on the soft cushion of the arm and knelt, “That was a year or so ago. Plus it was a joke, I didn’t think you’d actually ever read the sap,” she casually shot back, “Besides, since when are you a manga enthusiast? Your fans would be appalled that their ‘Shizuru-onee-sama’ had such a lowly hobby,” she taunted, accompanying it with a light snicker. She blinked in surprise as Shizuru twisted her hand to tap Natsuki’s nose reprovingly.

“Maah, that’s where Natsuki would be wrong. I originally did not think I would become a fan of this particular work, but it’s simply too charmingly cute to resist. Much like yourself Na-tsu-ki,” she lilted the younger girl’s name and giggled in approval as Natsuki flushed, “Besides, as Natsuki so crudely put it, this ‘sap’ is rather endearing and slightly addictive. It’s rather fun to read,” she admitted, turning a page in the manga, her eyes returning to scan the next page.

Natsuki pouted slightly at her loss of teasing material before focusing slightly on the manga for a moment. She groaned and shook her head, “Of course you’d like this manga Shizuru…Two of the characters are romantically involved,” she muttered, shaking her head again.

“Ara? Do you mean Tuxedo Mask and Sailor Moon?” Shizuru asked innocently, a smile playing at her lips and a spark in her eyes.

Natsuki gave her a reproachful glare, “No, I mean Uranus and Neptune; those two,” Natsuki almost growled.

Shizuru cocked an eyebrow, “Ara? I thought Natsuki didn’t read this ‘sap’?” she asked, feigning light shock.

“Oh, don’t pull that ‘ara’ with me Shizuru, anyone and everyone who reads manga or watches anime knows about those two. They’re probably two of the most famous ‘out’ characters in the business,” Natsuki shot back with a light shove to Shizuru’s shoulder.

“Maah…then I must’ve been sorely behind the times when I found out. I must admit it was quite a surprise at first…A pleasant one though,” Shizuru demurred, sighing slightly, “If only Natsuki were so open like that…” she mused wishfully.

“O-oi! What does that mean?!” Natsuki stuttered, a flush coming to her face. If Shizuru was going to bring that subject up again she’d die. She was still getting used to the fact she knew what she felt for Shizuru, and other people knowing wouldn’t make it any easier.

Shizuru turned, flipping herself onto her stomach so to face Natsuki properly and tucked her chin into some of the pillows closest to the bluenette. She smirked and tapped Natsuki’s forehead with the now closed manga volume, “So, who does Natsuki think she would be if she were a Sailor Senshi, mm?” she asked cheerfully.

Natsuki blinked and gave a small sigh of forfeit. There was no winning with this woman… “I don’t know…I never really thought about it. I barely watched the series when I was a kid,” she answered flatly. She noticed the glint in Shizuru’s eyes and she gave a resigned look, “You already have an idea don’t you?” she hazarded.

“Ara! So observant of you Natsuki!” Shizuru praised, lightly kissing Natsuki’s nose. “You would be right however. Personally I think you would be someone akin to Mars…with your accurate shooting abilities,” she answered.

“Mars is a miko…and she uses fire…She’s too much like Mai or Shiho…” Natsuki protested with a groan.

“Well…I had a feeling Natsuki would say that,” Shizuru admitted, causing Natsuki to think, Then why even suggest it? “However, given my person choice, I would wish that Natsuki were like Uranus,”

Natsuki rolled her eyes, “And let me guess…If I were Uranus you would be Neptune?” she answered with a snort, “Shizuru hate to break it to you, but I think you’re more suited for Uranus,” when Shizuru was opening her mouth to ask Natsuki finished, “You tease and flirt waaayy more than a normal person should and you are most definitely the ‘guy’ in the relationship,” Natsuki finished. “Despite the fact that you may be just as graceful and talk the same way Neptune does…you’re too much like the other to have it work out,” Natsuki took a few locks of Shizuru’s hair in her fingers and grinned, “Besides, your hair is similar too.”

Shizuru gave Natsuki a genuinely surprised and amused expression, though she was still smiling. “So you’re going to base your characterizing on the fact our hair colors happen to be similar?” Shizuru asked, obviously quite amused by the idea.

“I’m not going to say it’s a HUGE factor, but yeah, it contributes. Besides, you both use sword like things as well,” Natsuki added with a grin and a shrug.

“Hrm…you as Neptune…you do realize that would mean you would wear skirts all the time, and play the violin, and be proper,” Shizuru reminded.

“Bah, it’s not like I’m becoming the lady baka…” Natsuki shook her head, “given their style choice I’d choose Uranus any day, but personality wise…I’d say you’re pretty close,”

Shizuru shook her head, “I’m afraid I can’t agree with Natsuki on that,” she disagreed, “Haruka-san was much like Natsuki yourself not too long ago. Before Haruka-san met Michiru-san she was a loner and didn’t want anything really to do with the important things. After however, she and Michiru-san were able to enjoy life, even while dealing with their duty. They were willing to sacrifice everything, and in the end, Haruka-san took her own life for the greater good…much like yourself.”

Natsuki sat stunned for a moment and gave Shizuru a tired smile, “You do realize that we’re comparing each other to imaginary people, right?” she teased softly.

Shizuru laughed quietly and nodded, “Hmm, but there’s a certain romanticism in it isn’t there? The sacrifice in their relationship, and then dying with each, touching each other…it has a certain charm to it, doesn’t it?” she mused with a laugh.

Natsuki rose a amused eyebrow, “Are you trying to reference our own relationship in any way?” she asked, intertwining one of her hands with Shizuru’s free one.

“Maybe.” Shizuru admitted, leaning her forehead against Natsuki, “You must admit it though…things always seemed to work out well in the manga and anime world, don’t they?” she whispered as she neared closer to Natsuki’s lips.

“True…but come on, this is the real world…Shizuru,” she whispered, before her lips gently met with Shizuru’s.
-------
Parent Day
Last one for now I promise!! This one was a cute and silly thing popped into my head while looking through my grade school workbooks. It involves my OC Kaito-who (Don't ask how) is the son of Shizuru and Natsuki (I'll leave his conception up to your imagination since I'm still trying to decide the the definite method.)
------
Natsuki frowned as she sat. There were many reasons as to why she happened to be scowling at the moment-but there were a few that really stuck out. One, there was the fact she was sitting in a chair ten sizes too small for her. Two, she just so happened to be stuck in a room with a group of extremely loud young children, which also meant there was quite a bit of projectiles flying across the room. Three, and probably the biggest reason, she that it was Parent Day at Kaito’s kindergarten, and she somehow got roped into coming along with Shizuru.

It wasn’t that she hated the fact she was spending time with her family, no, she quite enjoyed that. It was the fact that she could feel almost every set of eyes in the room on her and Shizuru. It was part of the reason why she hated parties of not so close friends, or business occasions. Stares poked at her pride, and she hated it. It wasn’t Fuuka Gakuen’s fault that they had to have a Parent day that she and Shizuru could both come too, but she was justly upset and concerned.

Her concern stemmed from the fact that people treated her young one differently the moment they found out he was raised in a homosexual household. Granted that she figured her boy was perfectly straight, people didn’t see that fact and pulled their children away from him. She didn’t like that-she didn’t want him to have an isolated childhood like her. But she really couldn’t do much about it but confine herself to her home and regular area when being with her whole family.

She glanced over to Shizuru, who still held a pleasant smile on her face and rose an eyebrow, “How much longer do we have to watch them play before we can actually get this over with?” she grumbled quietly, leaning over towards Shizuru slightly so the man beside her wouldn’t get on her case about being rude.

Shizuru discreetly found Natsuki’s hand and gave it a small squeeze, “Ara, not too long now Natsuki, “she promised. She glanced out to the group of children and looked back at Natsuki, “But would it be so hard for Natsuki to pretend like she’s enjoying herself? You know how much Kaito has been looking forward to this night,” she reminded lightly. Natsuki sighed. It was true. Kaito had been bouncing when he came running home with the announcement and had pleaded with those bright and innocent eyes and she just couldn’t say no.

Natsuki shifted slightly, and then nodded in defeat, “Alright…” she mumbled, “I still don’t see why we had to come to something like this anyways…Schools never had days like when we were in school,” she muttered, watching as her light haired son came running out.

“Natsuki-mama! We’re gonna start soon!” he announced happily bouncing, “Just wait ‘till you see my book-it’s gonna be awesome!” he promised, burgundy eyes gleaming. He didn’t wait for Natsuki to reply when he turned to his other mother, “You be ready too Shizuru-okaa-chan!” he instructed, before running back to his friends again.

Natsuki looked over to her wife with an amused look, “Exactly where does he get that energy from?” she asked she jokingly. She managed to smile as Shizuru laughed, watching as her wife pointed to the front of the room, where the students were starting to get ready to present their ‘books’ as Kaito had said it.

Ten minutes into said presentations Natsuki found herself dreading when Kaito would go. Apparently all the kids had followed a basic pattern of how to write the books. A page explaining who was in their family, something they did with their father, something with their mother, and so on. Which amounted up to a book that was entirely about family. Natsuki, in a whole, had always been a private person. To some extent Shizuru was too. They both stayed within their own unique shells and disclosed very little about their personal life and their other goings on. She didn’t want Kaito, however innocent and honest his answers may be, announcing their family’s business to people she didn’t know and sure as hell didn’t trust.

However, she still sat up straighter in her chair and gave him a smile, however weak it may have been, when he got up to the front. Kaito grinned as he bounced to the front of the classroom and proudly displayed his front cover- which held a childish drawing of him playing with their family dog, Duran.

“Un, this is my book about my family. This is me playing with my dog Duran!” he explained, pointing to the drawing, “Natsuki-mama brought him home one day from a shelter and he’s one of my best friends,” he added, turning the page. “My family is me, Duran, Natsuki-mama, and Shizuru-okaa-chan,” he recited from his book.

Natsuki felt herself inwardly wince as eyes turned towards her and as some started to whisper things already. Kaito seemed oblivious however, “I don’t have a father, but it’s okay because Natsuki-mama and Shizuru-okaa-chan love me a ton!” he exclaimed happily, a bright smile on her face. He turned the page in his book with a smile, “Natsuki-mama helps to coach my soccer team, ‘cuz Shizuru-okaa-chan said that she couldn’t keep freaking out on the sidelines,” he said with a giggle, causing Natsuki to groan softly as Shizuru giggled beside her.

Kaito turned the page again and continued, “And sometimes Shizuru-okaa-chan brings me to work with her! A lot of people know her really well because she’s Fujino-oji-san’s daughter,” he pointed to the pictures, “Sometimes I have to go to meetings with her and Natsuki-mama, but they’re really boring, so most of the times I just fall asleep,” he admitted sheepishly and it was Natsuki’s turn to snicker at Shizuru’s misfortune.

“I really enjoy going out on trips with my parents, because they take me to some really neat places and ‘cuz we’re always together!” he said, pointing to another page, where Natsuki could see Kaito had tried to draw the oh so familiar beach that they often trekked too, due to many facts. “When we go to the beach, we always bring flowers for obaa-chan. Sometimes Natsuki-mama will get sad, but Shizuru-okaa-chan always cheers her up-just like she does for me whenever I’m sad,” Kaito continued.

He turned to the last page of his book and Natsuki felt herself smile a bit more broadly, touched by the poor drawing of the three of them hugging. “I really love my mothers a lot. And I know that they love me back too. So this year I want to make them really proud and have more happy times together!” he ended, grinning toward his parents proudly.

Natsuki could only clap by reflex as Kaito proudly admitted having two females for parents. She remembered not long ago having sat him down with Shizuru to tell him that it was okay if he didn’t say that he had two mothers. He had given her a strange look, and asked quite innocently, ‘what it isn’t normal for a kid to have two moms?’ Natsuki almost cried at his innocence. She knew he had paid for having two mothers by losing some of his friends but here he was admitting it to the whole class. Damn…her kid had more guts than her.

She barely even noticed when he came back over to sit with them, beaming all the while. She blinked and realized he was right there when Shizuru kissed him lightly on the cheek and his face soured, rubbing it off with a bright blush. He turned his eyes up to her and Natsuki felt her face split into a grin as she grabbed her son and pulled him into a bear hug. AS he laughed, trying to squirm away she thought offhandedly, Maybe Parent Day ain’t half bad after all.
------
Critique? Like? Suggestions? Anything you'd like to read?
want MORE? (who would?!) xD I'm open to anything really. (except sex because...I just don't write it very well)
Konaxookami
Konaxookami
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Bubuzuke points : 2209
Armitage GUTS!!! : 803
Location : Somewhere between the Furthest Ring and the Hall of Justice

Back to top Go down

Kona's not so snazzily titled fanfiction posts Empty Re: Kona's not so snazzily titled fanfiction posts

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:52 pm

Finally, I have time to read Kona's work! I'll take my time and review one story each. I'll start with some thoughts on The Passions Of Youth?

First I wanna say that Mai, Natsuki and Shizuru were totally in-character. The basics are covered. <3 In regards to the conversation between Natsuki and Mai, I have to say it again:

"Natsuki screwed Natsuki"

This is my favorite saying. Because it's true. The proof is in your fanfic. By chiming in the "The passions of youth got me,” line, Mai latched herself onto Natsuki and won't let go. If you didn't want to go into saucy details, then why bring it up? *pokes Natsuki* Silly Kuga. You always fail so hard, but we love you for it. ^___^ I do relate to her on something. It seems all my past relationships (even my current one with Midori Sugiura99) started with just talk, then kissing and then....um, yeah. Razz
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Kona's not so snazzily titled fanfiction posts Empty Re: Kona's not so snazzily titled fanfiction posts

Post by Konaxookami Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:58 pm

Thanks! ^^
"Natsuki screwed Natsuki"

Now that is a concept that is universal. xD Glad you caught that in Natsuki's actions and speech in this one. Poor Poor Natsuki-you doom yourself sometimes. x3
Konaxookami
Konaxookami
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:05 pm

Kona wrote:Now that is a concept that is universal. xD Glad you caught that in Natsuki's actions and speech in this one. Poor Poor Natsuki-you doom yourself sometimes. x3

I did, it's so freakin' obvious. Haha. The girl's actions always backfire, which makes her a 100% uke. No matter how tough her exterior can be. ^_^ I'll review the Sailor HiME chapter soon, I'm kinda in a bad mood at the moment.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:00 am

Sailor...HiME? Review:

For someone who doesn't think much of the Sailor Moon series (specifically, the epic manga by Naoko Takeuchi), Natsuki sure knows a lot about it. Shizuru always catching her in a lie. ^_^ I really enjoyed this fanfic, it shows these two as friends more so than lovers. That's the element which made it a fun read. ShizNat fics usually go for the romp, yours went for a simple character interaction with no cliche yuri gimmicks to support it.

While you can draw parallels between Haruka Tenoh and Shizuru Fujino, I don't think they're alike at all. XD If ShizNat took the Sailor Stars anime into account, they'd clearly see how much of a flirt and seme Michiru really is. That's Shizuru right there. ^_^ As for Haruka and Natsuki, both are cynical to certain degrees and share an interest in motorbikes. The biggest is their toughness, blanketed by the semeness of their more graceful partner. Wink

Review for Parent Day is coming soon. \^_^/
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Konaxookami Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:40 am

While you can draw parallels between Haruka Tenoh and Shizuru Fujino, I don't think they're alike at all. XD If ShizNat took the Sailor Stars anime into account, they'd clearly see how much of a flirt and seme Michiru really is. That's Shizuru right there. ^_^ As for Haruka and Natsuki, both are cynical to certain degrees and share an interest in motorbikes. The biggest is their toughness, blanketed by the semeness of their more graceful partner.

I know. But unfortunately For most people, Stars never made it to America and I didn't want to loose people who would be like- 'wait-but they...' because of things that happened in SuperS and because if I went too far into it I'd loose people. But I agree with you oh so very much. Besides all that Natsuki is similar that you said-She has trouble dealing with men, or at least confessions. (Least with Takeda. But that might be his own fault)
Konaxookami
Konaxookami
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:04 am

Kona wrote:I know. But unfortunately For most people, Stars never made it to America and I didn't want to loose people who would be like- 'wait-but they...' because of things that happened in SuperS and because if I went too far into it I'd loose people. But I agree with you oh so very much. Besides all that Natsuki is similar that you said-She has trouble dealing with men, or at least confessions. (Least with Takeda. But that might be his own fault)

Fair enough, you're so right about that. Moonies I've ran into in person (not counting conventions) grew up on the DiC and Cloverway dubs, so most of them didn't even know Stars existed. A very long time ago, I brought a VHS with the first four Stars episodes on it. When I showed it to my friends, the reactions were exactly what I expected:

AMARA AND MICHELLE ARE BACK!

DIDN'T NEHELENIA SEAL HERSELF IN THAT MIRROR? WHO THE HELL LET HER OUT!?

SAILOR MOON HAS WINGS!!!

Yup. lol In regards to Natsuki and Takeda, you're right. Natsuki is awkward around men. On that subject, I don't think her (or Shizuru) are man-haters. Both stuck up for Takeda when he was accused of being the panty thief. ^_^

Luu Sky Sapphire reviews Parent Day

You know, this story reminded me of something. It was Junior Year, 2003, and all the parents were being called in to talk about their students with the Guidance Counselor. Since I wasn't a Senior, I had to tag along for the ride. Sitting down in the cafeteria, surrounded by my friends who obviously didn't want to be there, I spotted a girl with two women. At first I thought it was her mom with one of the substitute teachers. Hey, it happens.

After a painful hour of finger pointing and lectures by my parents for being a trouble maker, we were on our way home. Before getting into the car, I spotted the two women again with the girl. The two women kissed each other (not the friendly peck way either...) and help their daughter into the car (since she had a broken leg cast) together. I was wondering why the others were staring at them so much during the cafeteria boredom. Is it so strange that two women can raise a child? I didn't think much of it, but that's what I saw.

I wish I were a sappier person, because I did get a bit emotional reading this fanfic. It's the best one by far, mainly because it displays ShizNat not only as human beings, but also as parents. You executed it so perfectly, I was totally convinced by their love and appreciation for their son Kaito. The scene where Kaito is sharing everything about his two mommies is so touching and sweet, and in the end, Natsuki learned something from it all. It was an all around feel-good story with a positive message. Those who have any dislike of gays and lesbians would have to have a heart made of stone to not be touched by this. I was touched and I'm a tough as nails person. Just goes to show, everyone is human. *claps* Kona, you are quickly becoming one of my favorite authors for Mai-HiME. Thank you for this.

Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down