Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Did Nao make things worse (yet again) for the HiME? [Episode 18]

3 posters

Go down

Did Nao make things worse (yet again) for the HiME? [Episode 18] Empty Did Nao make things worse (yet again) for the HiME? [Episode 18]

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:58 pm

Did Nao make things worse (yet again) for the HiME? [Episode 18] Vlcsna61
Did Nao make things worse (yet again) for the HiME? [Episode 18] Vlcsna62
Did Nao make things worse (yet again) for the HiME? [Episode 18] Vlcsna63
Did Nao make things worse (yet again) for the HiME? [Episode 18] Vlcsna64

I'd say so. If you read the screen shots carefully, you'll notice a few things. Nao makes it clear that she's fighting back against the HiME (Shiho) that attacked Mai the night before. This also says to me that any HiME is fair game if something were to go wrong. Then she gives everyone the wrong idea about Mai defeating Alyssa. Yukino thought Alyssa was one of them, so it made sense for her to be frightened of Mai and the possibilities of Haruka's demise. Third, Nao is quick to point out that Mai possesses the most powerful of all the CHILDs and flat out says Mai is capable of destroying everyone. That part is true, lets be honest with ourselves here. There's a slight problem that follows:

Did Nao make things worse (yet again) for the HiME? [Episode 18] Vlcsna65
Did Nao make things worse (yet again) for the HiME? [Episode 18] Vlcsna66

False. Mai would never stab anyone in the back unless pushed to that breaking point (as we've seen with Mikoto later on). But by saying all of this, Yukino flees in terror believing everything Nao says. Setting up for a series of paranoid events by Yukino (Ishigami added more fuel). It's a good thing Midori informs Mai what I've been thinking the entire time Nao spit her theorizing venom:

Did Nao make things worse (yet again) for the HiME? [Episode 18] Vlcsna67
Did Nao make things worse (yet again) for the HiME? [Episode 18] Vlcsna68
Did Nao make things worse (yet again) for the HiME? [Episode 18] Vlcsna69

Wise as usual, Midori-sensei. Sadly it's not enough, Nao's questionable talk got everyone nervous and sent Yukino into a state of paranoia. It's no surprise that the HiME blame her for Yukariko's "injuries". You could say Nao was being her Master Troll-self during the HiME meeting, but it backfired. Hard. And this was following her cooperation against SEARRS.

Armitage : YOU'VE BUTTERED YOUR BREAD, NOW SLEEP IN IT!!!

...exactly. xD Thanks Armitage.

Armitage : YOU'RE WELCOME!!!
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Did Nao make things worse (yet again) for the HiME? [Episode 18] Empty Re: Did Nao make things worse (yet again) for the HiME? [Episode 18]

Post by CaptainVonCookie Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:39 am

To me it just seemed like stating the obvious. Also a declaration that no matter how powerful someone is, she isn't submitting.
CaptainVonCookie
CaptainVonCookie
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 535
Armitage GUTS!!! : 161

Back to top Go down

Did Nao make things worse (yet again) for the HiME? [Episode 18] Empty Re: Did Nao make things worse (yet again) for the HiME? [Episode 18]

Post by Ice Silver Crystal Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:15 am

-nod-she made things worse by stating the obvious.
i think that was luu's point, nao-san did not have to cause panic, dissension among the ranks.
a lot of problem did start with her yes. she made things worse for herself and the Hime.
I'm on the fence for this ._. i still admire Nao-san's guts to call out all the Hime. >.<
Ice Silver Crystal
Ice Silver Crystal
Kruger Wolf Pack Puppy
Kruger Wolf Pack Puppy

Bubuzuke points : 1340
Armitage GUTS!!! : 485

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptainVonCookie Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:24 pm

Hmmm, I see. Basically by pointing to the giant pink elephant everyone was pretending not to see she cracked the frail trust there was between them.

But if stating the obvious would be the catalyst to such a giant mess doesn't that mean they were all a pin drop away from turning on their supposed friends as well? For a team like that to survive you'd need a lot of trust and faith in everybody, it could as well served to improve the mechanics of the group! As the "leader" and adult Midori should have dealt with that issue immediately. An onsen team retreat would have been such a nice episode...
CaptainVonCookie
CaptainVonCookie
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 535
Armitage GUTS!!! : 161

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:57 pm

CaptainVonCookie wrote:Hmmm, I see. Basically by pointing to the giant pink elephant everyone was pretending not to see she cracked the frail trust there was between them.

But if stating the obvious would be the catalyst to such a giant mess doesn't that mean they were all a pin drop away from turning on their supposed friends as well? For a team like that to survive you'd need a lot of trust and faith in everybody, it could as well served to improve the mechanics of the group! As the "leader" and adult Midori should have dealt with that issue immediately. An onsen team retreat would have been such a nice episode...
True and Nao didn't have much faith or trust to spare. The girl was already getting worked up about what Nagi laid out on the table, so this was inevitable. Frail is the right word when describing Yukino and even the others after being told the nitty gritty on the Carnival.

@ Ice: More or less. My point mainly centers on Nao doing more wrong than right. A lot wrong. But hey, I'm not going to say "no" to an onsen retreat with all the trimmings~ Shizuru Fujino
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down