Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My-Hime Live Action Movie: Cast and Actors?

+10
SulliMike23
BMeph
GoldenSun13
depression76
MissSoccerNinja
hildebrant
Amaya
Midori Sugiura99
SpiderNeKoHiME
Luu Sky Sapphire
14 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

My-Hime Live Action Movie: Cast and Actors? Empty My-Hime Live Action Movie: Cast and Actors?

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:20 pm

SpiderNeKoHiME wrote:shizuru with mai? absolutely not! >> lay off the straight chicks, fujino-san...

Leave all the straight chicks to me. ^_^

SpiderNeKoHiME wrote:i think i have some magazines to scan too, my prince! i'll bring them over your house![/color]

:shock: OMG! Please! I could use some donations!

Here's my next Mai-HiME scan and article:

My-Hime Live Action Movie: Cast and Actors? Animeinsider2006

My-HiME casting Call

My-HiME

As if school wasn't hard enough, the students of Fuka Academy are charged with fending off grotesque monsters known as Orphans. Then again, considering that they have HiME superpowers (like the ability to control fire), they probably have more trouble with calculus. Our cast nominations for a live-action version of Bandai's My-HiME prove again that it takes a band of attractive teenagers to save the world.

Amanda Bynes as Mai Tokiha:

Mai's independent attitude is a perfect fit for Bynes. As Olivia, the gender-bending protagonist of She's the Man, Bynes donned men's clothes to woo the soccer star of an elite boarding school--both characters have way too much initiative.

Mackenzie Rosman as Mikoto Minagi:

Short. Energetic. Possibly insane. Mikoto is definitely the wild one of the HiME students, like Rosman's Ruthie Camden, the feisty daughter on 7th Heaven. A few snips of her hair later--well, okay, a lot of snips--and Rosman could be the spitting image of Fuka's freakiest freshman.

Kristin Kreuk as Natsuki Kuga:

With bozos like Mikoto up there bouncing off the walls, somebody's got to be the mature one. Enter Natsuki. She's bitchy, hardcore and a crack shot. We can totally see Kreuk in Natsuki's shoes after her role as Fiona, who sets Eurotrip in motion by ruthlessly dumping her boyfriend.

Cameron Bright as Takumi Tokiha:

Mai's little brother has a failing heart that causes trouble for everyone--especially when there are Orphans involved. No stranger to being rescued by beautiful women, Bright starred as Six, the little boy whose butt had to be saved constantly by Ultraviolet's vixen lead.

Haley Joel Osment as Yuichi Tate:

Yuichi's thet bumbling guy with a big crush on Mai--and a serious lack of smooth moves. Osmen's "I see dead people" in The Sixth Sense has become one of the most spoofed lines of all time, which means he's got just the kind of sincerity that a gal like Mai could walk all over.

Rolling Eyes Anime Insider always made random choices for their anime/manga casting call section. I wouldn't mind Kristin Kreuk so much after seeing Chun Li, but the others...no.

Last edited by Luu Sky Sapphire on Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

My-Hime Live Action Movie: Cast and Actors? Empty Re: My-Hime Live Action Movie: Cast and Actors?

Post by SpiderNeKoHiME Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:27 am

amanda bynes as mai tokiha? really anime insider? really? :/
this is why i stopped buying magazines after newtype go bye bye
>> ok i collected shoujo beat too....
SpiderNeKoHiME
SpiderNeKoHiME
Spider Queen
Spider Queen

Bubuzuke points : 1353
Armitage GUTS!!! : 278

Back to top Go down

My-Hime Live Action Movie: Cast and Actors? Empty Re: My-Hime Live Action Movie: Cast and Actors?

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:00 pm

SpiderNeKoHiME wrote:[color=red]amanda bynes as mai tokiha? really anime insider? really? :/

^^; I don't see how and why, even with their reasoning. Besides, that She's the Man movie sucked Nagi balls.

BTW! I have made a new topic (as you can see...) using this magazine article. I figured we can discuss who would do our lovelies justice if they decided to make a live action movie anywhere.

So far I don't like their choices aside from Kristin as Natsuki. Haley Joel Osment with Tate sideburns would give me nightmares.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Midori Sugiura99 Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:19 pm

I love Amanda Bynes to death, but her as Mai?? Absolutely just... no. No no no on all counts really. Just no.
Midori Sugiura99
Midori Sugiura99
Asami Hikaru aka Komu
Asami Hikaru aka Komu

Bubuzuke points : 4714
Armitage GUTS!!! : 913

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:56 pm

Midori Sugiura99 wrote:I love Amanda Bynes to death, but her as Mai?? Absolutely just... no. No no no on all counts really. Just no.

Didn't she quit from acting recently? ^^; And yes, I don't see her as Mai. A lot of actress may have the skills to play characters from Mai HiME, but not the looks. Look at PGSM, I'd rather have Japanese actresses to play Japanese roles! *takes Keiko Kitagawa and Sawai Miyuu to my royal chamber* Razz
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

My-Hime Live Action Movie: Cast and Actors? Empty Make-Believe: Mai HiME Live Action - The Cast

Post by Amaya Mon May 23, 2011 5:42 am

I found something on the internet last week and I couldn't find any topic like this around here and so I figured I should just open a new thread. If a this already exist just ignore it. Anyhow, on with the topic.

There was a thread saying: If Mai HiME would be turned into a Live
Action what Actressess would you like to see as Natsuki and Shizuru and
they said:

Ayame Misaki as Natsuki Kuga
My-Hime Live Action Movie: Cast and Actors? 5d0233d6b67270_full

Erika Oda as Shizuru Fujino
My-Hime Live Action Movie: Cast and Actors? E8a04d892dd5f0_full

So I am curious now...If it were to be turned into a live action or a movie which Japanese and which Non-Japanese actors and actresses would you cast for the characters? Not only Natsuki and Shizuru of course but the whole cast of the Mai Series. I am very curious.
Amaya
Amaya
Head of the Anti-NatNao-Phobic-Unit

Bubuzuke points : 1200
Armitage GUTS!!! : 445

http://crawlinggirl.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon May 23, 2011 11:49 am

Topics merged.

We have discussed this subject briefly although it mostly centered on the magazine article I provided. Now, a make believe live action cast for Mai-HiME? Hmm, well I always thought Anna Tsuchiya of Shimotsuma Monogatari/Sakuran fame would make a wonderful Chie Harada. Ayame Misaki and Erika Oda are good casting picks for ShizNat btw...

Chie Harada:
My-Hime Live Action Movie: Cast and Actors? ChieHarada

Anna Tsuchiya:
My-Hime Live Action Movie: Cast and Actors? Tsuchi10

Anna has that natural suave sexuality that is perfect for someone like the gossip queen of Fuka. :)
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaya Mon May 23, 2011 12:03 pm

I would love her as Chie =) Plus, I think Christina Ricci would be perfect non-japanese actress for Chie
Amaya
Amaya

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon May 23, 2011 12:11 pm

Fans of Anna do compare her with Christina all the time. Shizuru Fujino Great actresses that look alike are love. Christina should be in more films, she's incredible. Since 1996's Casper, I don't think there was one film she disappointed me in.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by hildebrant Mon May 23, 2011 11:48 pm

I remember on a forum awhile back that someone cast Saeko Chiba of Kill Bill and Battle Royale fame as Natsuki, think of that as you will, I'm sure it will cause quite a reaction. They also cast Sean William Scott or Steve Stifler from the american Pie films as Yuuichi, but I thought I'd add in my two cents and say have Eric Christian Olsen as him. Given how goofy he was in Fired Up, I think he could pull it off. For those of you who don't know what he looks like, here you go: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0647638/
hildebrant
hildebrant
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 888
Armitage GUTS!!! : 233

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue May 24, 2011 12:17 pm

Looking closely at Eric Olsen, he could pass for Tate with his hair set up the right way. The color is right and everything.

My-Hime Live Action Movie: Cast and Actors? 2974210

Just needs to get his sideburns a lot more diesel and we're ready to rock n roll. Mai Tokiha
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaya Wed May 25, 2011 4:31 am

Okay, I guess my dream cast for the most important characters would be:

Megan Fox as Natsuki
My-Hime Live Action Movie: Cast and Actors? Megan-fox-motorcycle-leather-suit-up-for-grabs-11251_1

Lena Headey as Shizuru

My-Hime Live Action Movie: Cast and Actors? Lena-headey

I would love Milla Jovovich as Nao because of her eyes =)

My-Hime Live Action Movie: Cast and Actors? Milla_jovovich

Oh I think I would Akira make Michelle Rodriguez just because she could play as a boy well^^

Emma Watson would be my cast for Haruka

My-Hime Live Action Movie: Cast and Actors? Normal-emma-watson
Amaya
Amaya

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed May 25, 2011 12:40 pm

The new Sarah Connor as Shizuru? *thinks* Could work...

I'll make up for lack of Michelle photo:

My-Hime Live Action Movie: Cast and Actors? Rodrig10

Michelle Rodriguez has played everything but a ninja. I think. ^^;
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaya Wed May 25, 2011 2:00 pm

What?Why Sarah Connor? Lena Headey is absolutely gorgeous. I would love her for the role of Shizuru
Amaya
Amaya

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed May 25, 2011 8:35 pm

Lena is gorgeous no doubt about that, I just never seen her play that kind of role before. If she were cast as Shizuru, she'd have to surprise me. She has the talent for it.

ShizNat casting for would go as follows:

My-Hime Live Action Movie: Cast and Actors? Demi-l10 Demi Lovato as Shizuru. Laugh all you want, it's not just the killer bangs that she can sell as Fujino Shizuru. Demi is a versatile actress from everything I've seen her in, and she's VERY good at intimidating people/characters the way Anne Hathaway does. Playing a diverse lesbian would enhance her career. *sigh* Now I really wish this movie idea became a reality.

My-Hime Live Action Movie: Cast and Actors? Barnfi10 Kacey Barnfield as Natsuki Kuga. Though 5 years Demi's senior, Resident Evil Afterlife's British sweetheart Kacey Barnfield would play a great Natsuki. She has the look and natural sexiness to play the vengeful Natsuki Kuga.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaya Thu May 26, 2011 2:41 am

Also a nice choice. I think I would have to get used to Shizuru at first but it would probably work out well. Now, that I think about it. I mustn't forget Sarah Butler.

My-Hime Live Action Movie: Cast and Actors? Sarah-Butler-I-Spit-on-Your-Grave

She could also be a good Natsuki.
Amaya
Amaya

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu May 26, 2011 12:30 pm

Love that expression on Sarah Butler's face, so Natsuki~

For Nao Yuuki, I always thought Smallville's Allison Mack could pull it off:

My-Hime Live Action Movie: Cast and Actors? Smal_c10

Her acting improved over time (I didn't like her at first), enough to play the sexy, badass, yet tragic character of Miss Yuuki.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaya Thu May 26, 2011 5:56 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:Love that expression on Sarah Butler's face, so Natsuki~

For Nao Yuuki, I always thought Smallville's Allison Mack could pull it off:

My-Hime Live Action Movie: Cast and Actors? Smal_c10

Her acting improved over time (I didn't like her at first), enough to play the sexy, badass, yet tragic character of Miss Yuuki.

You think so? She looks so nice on the picture
Amaya
Amaya

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu May 26, 2011 7:51 pm

LOL It was the only photo I could obtain on such short notice. Consider that her friendly side as she lures perverts to her web. :3 There's a point in Smallville where her character becomes evil, I wish I had those caps. >_<

I'll be plugging more Asian actresses now. At the time of Shurayukihime (or Princess Blade)'s release (not that a fantasy casting cares for age lol), Yumiko Shaku would of made a great Nao or Natsuki (with longer hair):

My-Hime Live Action Movie: Cast and Actors? Site_210
My-Hime Live Action Movie: Cast and Actors? Yumiko10

I was rewatching that film yesterday and every time she went off, it reminded me a lot of when Nao got her eye injury. Yumiko is good at selling injuries in films so well, that would of been a great scene.

From the Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon world, Keiko Kitagawa:

My-Hime Live Action Movie: Cast and Actors? 12341410

Stealing the show as Rei Hino in PGSM and she would do it again as Natsuki Kuga, imo. ;3
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

My-Hime Live Action Movie: Cast and Actors? Empty My-Hime Live Action Movie: Actors?

Post by MissSoccerNinja Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:59 pm

What real life actors should play the characters of My-Hime in a live action movie?

To start of with some possibilities, I was considering Annie Clark (Fiona Coyne from Degrassi) as either Natsuki or Shizuru, and Charlotte Arnold (Holly J Sinclair from Degrassi) as either Shizuru or Mai.

Annie Clark

(Ignore the article behind the picture of Annie Clark...the article is complete bullshit...and the title of the website even says that everything's made up.)

Charlotte Arnold

What do you guys think? Any new suggestions for other (or the same) characters?

MissSoccerNinja
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 469
Armitage GUTS!!! : 188

Back to top Go down

Post by depression76 Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:03 pm

Well I figure if it's live action, they should be japanese actresses just like what they did to Sailor Moon xD

and one for being unoriginal, Natsuki should be played by Kitagawa Keiko lol

Hmm Shizuru....well this is hard. someone has to be able to speak kyoto ben fluently, since Naomi Shindo herself is a true kyoto-born @_@
depression76
depression76
White Devil Worshiper
White Devil Worshiper

Bubuzuke points : 7627
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1396

http://daydreamwiththedragon.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MissSoccerNinja Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:06 pm

depression76 wrote:Well I figure if it's live action, they should be japanese actresses just like what they did to Sailor Moon xD

and one for being unoriginal, Natsuki should be played by Kitagawa Keiko lol

Hmm Shizuru....well this is hard. someone has to be able to speak kyoto ben fluently, since Naomi Shindo herself is a true kyoto-born @_@

That's true! I never thought of that. That would be awesome. =]

MissSoccerNinja
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:43 am

MissSoccerNinja wrote:What real life actors should play the characters of My-Hime in a live action movie?

To start of with some possibilities, I was considering Annie Clark (Fiona Coyne from Degrassi) as either Natsuki or Shizuru, and Charlotte Arnold (Holly J Sinclair from Degrassi) as either Shizuru or Mai.

Annie Clark

(Ignore the article behind the picture of Annie Clark...the article is complete bullshit...and the title of the website even says that everything's made up.)

Charlotte Arnold

What do you guys think? Any new suggestions for other (or the same) characters?

:) Looked like yet another rotten article, rather not read it. But these girls definitely have potential to play your suggested Mai-Series girls. Degrassi...not the Next Generation, right? Last time I watched that show, a lot of the girls were too young to play certain Mai-characters. It's been a while. @_@ At that show had balls to have homosexual characters and homosexual issues during their episodes unlike Disney programs.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by MissSoccerNinja Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:42 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote::) At that show had balls to have homosexual characters and homosexual issues during their episodes unlike Disney programs.

Yeah, it's awesome how they do that! =]
The first episode I ever saw was two summers ago (I was watching tv with my younger cousins, so I expected the show to be a mainstream, cheesy teen drama in which everybody seems like they've just come out of a stereotype cookie cutter), and that's when Adam (a FTM character in the show) was first starting to make his appearance (but it hadn't yet been revealed that he's biologically a girl), and I thought to myself (but didn't dare say aloud in previously mentioned company) "That guy is too cute to be a guy..." XD

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote::) Looked like yet another rotten article, rather not read it. But these girls definitely have potential to play your suggested Mai-Series girls. Degrassi...not the Next Generation, right? Last time I watched that show, a lot of the girls were too young to play certain Mai-characters. It's been a while. @_@

I think it is (Degrassi High the) Next Generation. Everybody I know of in the show is in high school. In the show, Fiona (Annie Clark) and Holly J (Charlotte Arnold) were graduating seniors (which would make them about 18).

Thread:

A possiblity for Yuuichi might be Colton Haynes: Jackson from Teen Wolf.

Colton Haynes

I'm still debating over whether Crystal Reed (Allison from Teen Wolf) should be a candidate for Natsuki or Shizuru.... the character she plays on Teen Wolf has a personality that's a mix of Shiznat (leaning a little towards Shizuru, I think).

Crystal Reed

MissSoccerNinja
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:45 pm

Sorry for lack of reply to what you said, Ninja-chan. XD Just had to inform everyone really quickly that this thread was just merged with other My-HiME Live Action threads. Now you can look back and see what other members picked out to fulfill live action roles. :)
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next