Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Things you never noticed before! [Mai-HiME]

+5
ookamidesu
Antiope
Kuga Natsuki
GAP
Luu Sky Sapphire
9 posters

Go down

Things you never noticed before! [Mai-HiME] Empty Things you never noticed before! [Mai-HiME]

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:30 am

HiME Things you never noticed before! [Mai-HiME] HiME
Things you never noticed before! [Mai-HiME] Vlcs1910
---

They say you always notice something new when you have repeated viewings of your favorite anime series! This thread will house anything in Mai-HiME we've never noticed before until recently. Maybe something out of the ordinary!

My recent discovery led to the creation of this discussion thread. I see that in episode 4, "Mischief of the Wind", Mai actually wears a hair clip. It can be seen in certain shots:

Things you never noticed before! [Mai-HiME] 10856610
Things you never noticed before! [Mai-HiME] 10887610

If you see any kind of fascinating never-before-noticed discoveries or Easter Eggs throughout My-HiME, this is the place to share them! HiME
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Things you never noticed before! [Mai-HiME] Empty Re: Things you never noticed before! [Mai-HiME]

Post by GAP Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:32 am

I never noticed that either.
GAP
GAP
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 429
Armitage GUTS!!! : 126

Back to top Go down

Things you never noticed before! [Mai-HiME] Empty Re: Things you never noticed before! [Mai-HiME]

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:17 pm

GAP wrote:I never noticed that either.

You'd think nothing would be holding her hair back. ^^; It's short, Mai! Or are you just wearing that for decoration?

Women. Akira Okuzaki
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuga Natsuki Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:34 am

One thing I never noticed was Mai's face here XD

Things you never noticed before! [Mai-HiME] Vlcs4142
Kuga Natsuki
Kuga Natsuki
Space Samurai Marshall Banana
Space Samurai Marshall Banana

Bubuzuke points : 9709
Armitage GUTS!!! : 593

http://stargazerium.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:54 pm

Kuga Natsuki wrote:One thing I never noticed was Mai's face here XD

Things you never noticed before! [Mai-HiME] Vlcs4142

It's the appropriate Tokiha reaction (Yuuichi is, understandably, smitten with a sweaty Natsuki), even in an illusion of lies created by Vlas and Sister Yukariko. x3

Things you never noticed before! [Mai-HiME] Vlcsna17

^ blush
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Antiope Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:19 pm

I didn't noticed Mai's hair clip either...

I'm currently watching one episode of Mai HiME per week and commenting it on a french forum. It allowed me to notice a lot of small scenes I never paid attention to before. I should read again each topic to find if there is any interesting detail to share, but for now I have two things in mind.

- The first is in episode 23, around 16'23, we can see Miyu (who was awakened earlier in this episode) standing near a lake, under the rain. It lasts only 5 seconds so I didn't notice it before, and the last time we saw this place it was snowy but I'm pretty sure that this is the place were Alyssa was deadly injured by Joseph Glear.

Things you never noticed before! [Mai-HiME] Miyu_l10

- The second detail is in episode 24, around 8'40, when Natsuki is captured by Nao in her own flat. Nao pushed with her feet a photograph on the floor. On it we can see Natsuki with her dog Duran, between her two parents but their faces have been torn. I can easily imagine Natsuki tearing her father's face but I don't know if she could do that to her mother's face even after she learned the truth about her betrayal. The other possibility is that Nao is the one who did this because she was jealous and couldn't stand seing this happy family picture.

Things you never noticed before! [Mai-HiME] Natsuk10
Antiope
Antiope
HiME Ranger
HiME Ranger

Bubuzuke points : 224
Armitage GUTS!!! : 79

http://antiopedethemiscyre.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ookamidesu Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:54 pm

It doesn't look like the photograph was torn. Looks more like it was burned. See how the edges are black? Usually torn photographs retain the pigments of the photo or is a little white, depending on how it was ripped.
ookamidesu
ookamidesu
Sexilicious Zhang-papa
Sexilicious Zhang-papa

Bubuzuke points : 8884
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1354

http://jnz5012.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Antiope Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:39 am

You're right, but it would be surprising that the photograph were burnt only on the parents' faces and did not burn entirely Think
Antiope
Antiope
HiME Ranger
HiME Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by PostoronnimV Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:53 am

ookamidesu wrote:Looks more like it was burned.
Yup, it really was burned...

Things you never noticed before! [Mai-HiME] Prince10: Episode 18, when Natsuki was telling Mai why she is so fixated on destroying the First District...
PostoronnimV
PostoronnimV
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 367
Armitage GUTS!!! : 120

https://www.youtube.com/user/XxPostoronnimVxX

Back to top Go down

Post by Antiope Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:20 pm

Ah yes you're right. I did forget this scene, I've just checked it.
Well, unless someone came in time to prevent the picture to burn entirely, it's quite surprising, given the fire speed, that only the corners with the parents' faces burnt. What a coincidence...
Antiope
Antiope
HiME Ranger
HiME Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:55 am

Antiope wrote:Ah yes you're right. I did forget this scene, I've just checked it.
Well, unless someone came in time to prevent the picture to burn entirely, it's quite surprising, given the fire speed, that only the corners with the parents' faces burnt. What a coincidence...

Meant to be symbolic. cocky
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Antiope Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:50 pm

I think I never noticed these short scenes before, in last episode of Mai HiME. After Mashiro ressuscitated the MIP and HiMEs got their powers back, some people are watching them while they are flying toward the HiME star.

Takumi in a garden, with binoculars, and some ninjas around him. It's probably the Okuzaki house.
Things you never noticed before! [Mai-HiME] 952682Ep261

Chie and Aoi in the same room, wearing pyjamas or nightdress, Aoi's hand tenderly laid on Chie's shoulder (is it a clue that they are more than simple friends ? Razz ). However they were supposed to have left Fuuka in beginning episode 25. If they can see the HiMEs in the sky, they must not be far away from Fuuka.
Things you never noticed before! [Mai-HiME] 476185Ep263

Haruka in all her glory, probably in front of her house, holding a flag (Fuuka flag, it seems).
Things you never noticed before! [Mai-HiME] 441259Ep264

But what confuses me most is this one :
Things you never noticed before! [Mai-HiME] 127199Ep262
Who are these persons ? The place seems to be the hospital courtyard. The one who's sitting seems to be a woman. Could she be Nao's mother ? I can't think of anyone else. I'm quite surprised, she spent several years in a coma, she cannot know about HiMEs. Did Nao have time to talk to her before leaving to destroy the HiME Star ?
What do you think about that ?
Antiope
Antiope
HiME Ranger
HiME Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMikoto Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:31 am

Well it's late, and it's way past my bedtime, but I just had to show these scenes that my nephew and I came across last night while watching through Mai-HiME.

The first character was pointed out by my nephew. And pointed out that the character design looked a little like Saitama from One Punch Man. We also agreed that his character design as a whole did not really look in-place with the rest of the Mai-HiME/Otome character designs.

This is the image of him sitting in front of Miyu:

Things you never noticed before! [Mai-HiME] CYwuaaF

^Also to note on the above image, the guy that is sitting BEHIND Miyu that is out of view a bit looks very similar to the gardener that keeps talking to Natsuki outside Fuka Academy. He has the same glasses... same color hair... and type of hair (almost)... and he's about the same overall build.

Later on in the same episode (I think it was episode 2) I noticed a scene of a student in the background in the same classroom, who resembled Nina Wang. My nephew and I, upon closer observance, noticed that she had different color eyes though. This Nina in Mai-HiME has greenish eyes while the actual Nina has a more orange-red color eyes. With maybe some yellow in it.

Things you never noticed before! [Mai-HiME] T31YQPZm

Things you never noticed before! [Mai-HiME] NsJzPhqm

Things you never noticed before! [Mai-HiME] 8xYp9M6m

A back-shot of this-Nina's head also appeared during another classroom scene. Both scenes of her (front and back) were spaced by quite a number of minutes. Possibly even an episode in the difference.

Things you never noticed before! [Mai-HiME] TW7Mi1Cm

What confuses me is how I never seemed to have noticed this before? Not sure why, but it stood out to me instantly tonight while my nephew and I were watching through episodes 1-3 tonight.

If I find anything else I will share more! :3
ShadowMikoto
ShadowMikoto
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 537
Armitage GUTS!!! : 82

Back to top Go down

Post by Break String SpinElf Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:45 pm

ShadowMikoto wrote:Well it's late, and it's way past my bedtime, but I just had to show these scenes that my nephew and I came across last night while watching through Mai-HiME.

The first character was pointed out by my nephew. And pointed out that the character design looked a little like Saitama from One Punch Man. We also agreed that his character design as a whole did not really look in-place with the rest of the Mai-HiME/Otome character designs.

^Also to note on the above image, the guy that is sitting BEHIND Miyu that is out of view a bit looks very similar to the gardener that keeps talking to Natsuki outside Fuka Academy. He has the same glasses... same color hair... and type of hair (almost)... and he's about the same overall build.

Later on in the same episode (I think it was episode 2) I noticed a scene of a student in the background in the same classroom, who resembled Nina Wang. My nephew and I, upon closer observance, noticed that she had different color eyes though. This Nina in Mai-HiME has greenish eyes while the actual Nina has a more orange-red color eyes. With maybe some yellow in it.

A back-shot of this-Nina's head also appeared during another classroom scene. Both scenes of her (front and back) were spaced by quite a number of minutes. Possibly even an episode in the difference.

What confuses me is how I never seemed to have noticed this before? Not sure why, but it stood out to me instantly tonight while my nephew and I were watching through episodes 1-3 tonight.

The Nina-like girl in Class 1-A is Chun Mei, who appears in the Otome no Inori OVA thingy as the owner of the cat Nina. She appears with the rest of the girls from the class in the opening credits: -
Things you never noticed before! [Mai-HiME] Lime_m11
As for the bald guy, you make an interesting point. I always thought he looked like some kind of Buddhist monk! And, as for "Afroteach Jr.," isn't he the Wajima who has basically one single utterance in the series? One of the later episodes (after many of the students - including Miya Suzuki, to whom the fansub credits a sudden change of sex - have left).

The full roll-call of the class is featured in the third omake, which features Aoi & Chie giving a run down.
Things you never noticed before! [Mai-HiME] Lime_m10
It'd be interesting if, for a new "class project," so to speak, some kind Japanese-familiar Forumer could furnish the names of these bit-part players (my knowledge of kanji is that of basically every other ignorant Occidental I'm afraid :3).

Quite a lot of the class members also have cameos in Mai-Otome too, as seen on this extensive comparison chart (not sure where I picked this up, probably AnimeSuki, ages ago): -
Things you never noticed before! [Mai-HiME] Compar10
Some of the insignificants: -
Things you never noticed before! [Mai-HiME] Class10
On an off-topic note, nice work introducing the next generation to the wonder that is Mai-HiME! Happy
Break String SpinElf
Break String SpinElf
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 976
Armitage GUTS!!! : 103

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMikoto Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:15 pm

Break String SpinElf wrote:
ShadowMikoto wrote:Well it's late, and it's way past my bedtime, but I just had to show these scenes that my nephew and I came across last night while watching through Mai-HiME.

The Nina-like girl in Class 1-A is Chun Mei, who appears in the Otome no Inori OVA thingy as the owner of the cat Nina. She appears with the rest of the girls from the class in the opening credits: -
Things you never noticed before! [Mai-HiME] Lime_m11
As for the bald guy, you make an interesting point. I always thought he looked like some kind of Buddhist monk! And, as for "Afroteach Jr.," isn't he the Wajima who has basically one single utterance in the series? One of the later episodes (after many of the students - including Miya Suzuki, to whom the fansub credits a sudden change of sex - have left).

The full roll-call of the class is featured in the third omake, which features Aoi & Chie giving a run down.
Things you never noticed before! [Mai-HiME] Lime_m10
It'd be interesting if, for a new "class project," so to speak, some kind Japanese-familiar Forumer could furnish the names of these bit-part players (my knowledge of kanji is that of basically every other ignorant Occidental I'm afraid :3).

Quite a lot of the class members also have cameos in Mai-Otome too, as seen on this extensive comparison chart (not sure where I picked this up, probably AnimeSuki, ages ago): -
Things you never noticed before! [Mai-HiME] Compar10
Some of the insignificants: -
Things you never noticed before! [Mai-HiME] Class10
On an off-topic note, nice work introducing the next generation to the wonder that is Mai-HiME! Happy

Well it's good that there is an explanation there. I had forgotten how many similar characters could be in the Mai-Series! Another reason for its uniqueness! :3

Those charts are interesting with all the lookalike characters. There is obviously so much I have yet to explore about Mai-HiME/Otome. :)

But yes, the bald guy is weird... we also discovered this picture, which is just a painting on the wall. But it doesn't seem to fit the scene either! XD

Things you never noticed before! [Mai-HiME] VvFHlbb

I can't see how the above picture makes sense! Think
ShadowMikoto
ShadowMikoto
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Break String SpinElf Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:58 am

ShadowMikoto wrote:... we also discovered this picture, which is just a painting on the wall. But it doesn't seem to fit the scene either! XD

Good spot! Hmm... subtle ShizNat (or, as we Suzushiristas call it, "BubuzNat") reference? Though they weren't roses, Shizuru's first words to Natsuki were to plead with her to leave the flowers alone for everyone to enjoy, which marks the first step on Natsuki's journey away from Nao-like nihilism.
Things you never noticed before! [Mai-HiME] Lime_m15Things you never noticed before! [Mai-HiME] Lime_m16
To this, one can add Natsuki's obtaining information from Sakomizu whilst he's tending flowers, which I interpret as indicative of her personal growth, leaving that aspect of her past behind.
Things you never noticed before! [Mai-HiME] Lime_m14
There's also the meeting between Mai and Mashiro (+ Fumi) in an idyllic garden: -
Things you never noticed before! [Mai-HiME] Lime_m13Things you never noticed before! [Mai-HiME] Lime_m12

@ Antiope: *kicks self for not noticing this excellent tidbit earlier* frustrated

Antiope wrote:Takumi in a garden, with binoculars, and some ninjas around him. It's probably the Okuzaki house.
Things you never noticed before! [Mai-HiME] 952682Ep261
Interesting. The Okuzaki clan were certainly durable, given that they're still active in Zipangu during the events of Mai-Otome. The garb Takumi is wearing in this picture looks like a colour-switch to what his Otome counterpart sports when meeting Mashiro: -
Things you never noticed before! [Mai-HiME] Snapsh11
Antiope wrote:Haruka in all her glory, probably in front of her house, holding a flag (Fuuka flag, it seems).
Things you never noticed before! [Mai-HiME] 441259Ep264
This is one of my favourite shots of Haruka! I always wondered who those people in the window behind her were. Looks like it could be her mother & father (who's some sort of big-shot captain of industry in the anime, whereas he is, as I recall, a building site foreman in the manga).
Love the Aoi-style maid uniforms too - as well as some of those facial expressions. devious
Antiope wrote:But what confuses me most is this one :
Things you never noticed before! [Mai-HiME] 127199Ep262
Who are these persons ? The place seems to be the hospital courtyard. The one who's sitting seems to be a woman. Could she be Nao's mother ? I can't think of anyone else. I'm quite surprised, she spent several years in a coma, she cannot know about HiMEs. Did Nao have time to talk to her before leaving to destroy the HiME Star ?
What do you think about that ?
You know, I believe it could be Nao's mother. It'd be appropriate for her to appear at this point. If it is, of course, that certainly brings Highman's ideas about the mothers of the HiME right back into the mix.

Personally, I feel there's a strong likelihood that Nao's mother worked for First District before the home invasion which left her in the coma. That both she & Natsuki had traumatic experiences involving their mothers is a strong parallel between them and the similar path both were on as noted above (i.e. before Natsuki encountered Shizuru's simple kindness). It could be that First District were behind the attack for something Nao's mother did (perhaps something along the lines of Saeko's plan to sell off Natsuki to the Searrs Foundation) and either perpetrated it or offered some local ne'er-do-wells drug money to wreck the joint.

EDIT #2: here's a bit of discussion from this thread appertaining to Nao's mother: -
Highman wrote:What about Nao's mother, perhaps but she's doesn't want any part of it. Maybe those three guys have ties with First District.

I hadn't thought about it that way. That's certainly a more satisfying interpretation than just a simple burglary gone wrong. The rest of the family (barring Nao) are killed, suggesting that Nao's mother was left alive for a specific purpose, probably to serve as a punishment, a sort of First District variant on the Chinese zú zhū (albeit botched if her mother was left comatose and thus unable to reflect on the consequences of her refusal). It might also explain why it happened when Nao was out at school. A typically nocturnal crime occurring in the daylight does raise some questions.

It might also shed interesting light on Natsuki's statement that she & Nao are similar. Perhaps Natsuki came to a similar conclusion, that the attack on Nao's family was targeted rather than random and bore the fingerprints of First District?

Last edited by Break String SpinElf on Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:59 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Added screencaps & a response to Antiope's earlier post.)
Break String SpinElf
Break String SpinElf
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 976
Armitage GUTS!!! : 103

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMikoto Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:16 pm

Why I haven't noticed this before until now, amazes me. But it turns out at Arika Yumemiya is in Mai-HiME. All this time I thought she was just an exclusive Mai-Otome character. This makes Mai-HiME even more exciting to watch!

Things you never noticed before! [Mai-HiME] Clz29Dk

Things you never noticed before! [Mai-HiME] UkJtyQ6

Things you never noticed before! [Mai-HiME] XZZwhfA
ShadowMikoto
ShadowMikoto
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Dead.And.Alive Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:48 pm

ShadowMikoto wrote:... we also discovered this picture, which is just a painting on the wall. But it doesn't seem to fit the scene either! XD

Good spot! Hmm... subtle ShizNat (or, as we Suzushiristas call it, "BubuzNat") reference? Though they weren't roses, Shizuru's first words to Natsuki were to plead with her to leave the flowers alone for everyone to enjoy, which marks the first step on Natsuki's journey away from Nao-like nihilism.

Apparently (light) pink roses can symbolize gentleness, admiration and sympathy. So, unfortunately, I think we can rule out romance. I was going work off of sympathy to start with because the HiME festival is (in theory) a no sympathy zone in its nature. But, in reality, all the HiME grow fond of each other and feel sympathy for one another, especially when their love ones die--I think that changes later on in the show when the HiME are working collaboratively and know what's going on, though. I'll use the example of Nao's defeat since it's made obvious that Natsuki has a lot of empathy for Nao. They also hold "gentle" feelings and admiration towards one another. Hence the keep out.
--
Don't know if it's significant but Things you never noticed before! [Mai-HiME] 75850
The full number is 119. I feel like this was such an obvious detail lol... sweatdrop I also might be forgetting some plot here but that's why I'm rewatching.
Dead.And.Alive
Dead.And.Alive
The underaged Tsundere
The underaged Tsundere

Bubuzuke points : 2291
Armitage GUTS!!! : 261

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down