Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mai-HiME/Otome ect. aesthetics What's your favorite?

4 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

hime - Mai-HiME/Otome ect. aesthetics What's your favorite? - Page 2 Empty Re: Mai-HiME/Otome ect. aesthetics What's your favorite?

Post by Magus Phantalus Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:56 am

That middle picture! Just I just look at em Shizuru in that dress Kruger all casual. It is not fair by the Great Old Ones it is just not fair! How can such a crappy manga have such beautiful art!? :(
Magus Phantalus
Magus Phantalus
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 613
Armitage GUTS!!! : 148

Back to top Go down

hime - Mai-HiME/Otome ect. aesthetics What's your favorite? - Page 2 Empty Re: Mai-HiME/Otome ect. aesthetics What's your favorite?

Post by shezaei-neko Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:09 pm

Shit happens.
shezaei-neko
shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Bubuzuke points : 4088
Armitage GUTS!!! : 756

http://shezaei-neko.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Magus Phantalus Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:53 am

shezaei-neko wrote:Shit happens.

Not if your constipated!

hime - Mai-HiME/Otome ect. aesthetics What's your favorite? - Page 2 2210

Magus Phantalus
Magus Phantalus
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:51 pm

Reito Kanzaki sure looks constipated here... Akira Okuzaki
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by shezaei-neko Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:41 pm

I'm quite sure I've seen that smile before... >.>
shezaei-neko
shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:32 pm

shezaei-neko wrote:I'm quite sure I've seen that smile before... >.>

Mai-HiME EXA? Duh?

Trollface
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by shezaei-neko Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:33 pm

Akira Okuzaki Very funny, Luu.
It reminds me of other manga...
shezaei-neko
shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by hildebrant Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:07 am

shezaei-neko wrote: hime - Mai-HiME/Otome ect. aesthetics What's your favorite? - Page 2 791432435 Very funny, Luu.
It reminds me of other manga...

Could be from Hellsing where Alucard is practically drawn with that same type of smile at all times before he goes sickhouse on everything in sight. Although the style of it kind of reminds me of Pride from the Full Metal Alchemist manga
hildebrant
hildebrant
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 888
Armitage GUTS!!! : 233

Back to top Go down

Post by shezaei-neko Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:06 pm

hildebrant wrote:
Could be from Hellsing where Alucard is practically drawn with that same type of smile at all times before he goes sickhouse on everything in sight. Although the style of it kind of reminds me of Pride from the Full Metal Alchemist manga

Oh yes!! That's Alucard's smile! I knew I've seen it before.
Thanks hilde!
shezaei-neko
shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Magus Phantalus Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:51 pm

Anyone have a picture of Obsidian Takumi from the Hime manga I wish to see who carries the Obsidian power with more class.
Magus Phantalus
Magus Phantalus
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:20 pm

Magus Phantalus wrote:Anyone have a picture of Obsidian Takumi from the Hime manga I wish to see who carries the Obsidian power with more class.

I do! Here is Obsidian Lord Takumi:

hime - Mai-HiME/Otome ect. aesthetics What's your favorite? - Page 2 73067710

hime - Mai-HiME/Otome ect. aesthetics What's your favorite? - Page 2 73067810

You seriously need to read (and/or finish) the Mai-HiME manga. It's so awesome, imo.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Magus Phantalus Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:22 am

Is it not enough that I went through the hell of the Mai Otome manga must I suffer through seeing a straight Natsuki as well besides I read and unfortunately own the first three volumes of the Hime manga and a japanese EXA.

Speaking of EXA I think Obsidian Reito is creepier.

hime - Mai-HiME/Otome ect. aesthetics What's your favorite? - Page 2 2910
Magus Phantalus
Magus Phantalus
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:41 pm

Straight Natsuki is an acquired taste for many in our fandom, yes. I see it as a chance to ourselves in Tate's shoes. The manga gives the male reader the illusion that he could have a relationship with Natsuki. Shizuru Fujino
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Magus Phantalus Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:29 am

Besides as appearing more vain(the manga Natsuki that is) after seeing EXA Natsuki in action I can't seem to go back by the Old Ones even anime Natsuki seems inadequate.

Case in point.
hime - Mai-HiME/Otome ect. aesthetics What's your favorite? - Page 2 Exa-3-10
Magus Phantalus
Magus Phantalus
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:18 pm

Magus Phantalus wrote:Besides as appearing more vain(the manga Natsuki that is) after seeing EXA Natsuki in action I can't seem to go back by the Old Ones even anime Natsuki seems inadequate.

Case in point.
hime - Mai-HiME/Otome ect. aesthetics What's your favorite? - Page 2 Exa-3-10

Haha, understandable. It would be cool to see a Mai-HiME reboot done in Mai-HiME EXA style. Only, I'd flesh it out a lot more, with more weaknesses for Shizuru and Natsuki. EXA was a stepped in the right direction for a more serious, darker version of the classic story. Sadly it was rushed, imo.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Magus Phantalus Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:02 am

I don't know about weaknesses for Shizuru and Natsuki. Mikoto was able to take out some of Kiyohime's heads and I don't recall Shizuru herself actually taking part in the fighting on panel at least. Natsuki however could start out with the level of skill she had in the anime and then after taking part in a few more fights and witnessing Mai in action and thus learning her rather obvious weaknesses Natsuki could fight at the level she does in EXA. Essentiallyl leveling up.

Finesse wielded by a master always beats brute force. Dun dun dunnnn dramatic foreshadowing!
Magus Phantalus
Magus Phantalus
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:23 am

Magus Phantalus wrote:I don't know about weaknesses for Shizuru and Natsuki. Mikoto was able to take out some of Kiyohime's heads and I don't recall Shizuru herself actually taking part in the fighting on panel at least. Natsuki however could start out with the level of skill she had in the anime and then after taking part in a few more fights and witnessing Mai in action and thus learning her rather obvious weaknesses Natsuki could fight at the level she does in EXA. Essentiallyl leveling up.

Natsuki gaining a better understanding of Mai's overall abilities would be a more realistic way, but why should she get all the advantages? Throughout Natsuki's own battles to better herself, Mai will always be keeping an eye on her. Mikoto as well, thus making things quite even in a confrontation. Wink

Finesse wielded by a master always beats brute force. Dun dun dunnnn dramatic foreshadowing!

If only. Then someone like Bayonetta could beat SSJ3 Goku from Dragon Ball Z. Viola

Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Magus Phantalus Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:50 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:

If only. Then someone like Bayonetta could beat SSJ3 Goku from Dragon Ball Z. Viola

...First off you better not be implying Bayonetta would lose that fight. Goku would spend the first five episodes of the fight powering up then he'll spend the next eight screaming on the top of his lungs and then the next three pumping his beam. Innuendos ahoy!

And Vegeta will break a few scouters for good measure. On a surprisingly related note I screamed over 9000 at work last night. It was most amusing to myself and my co-worker, I tend to do stuff like that after taking a five hour energy drink to get through the night.
Magus Phantalus
Magus Phantalus
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:07 pm

Magus Phantalus wrote:
...First off you better not be implying Bayonetta would lose that fight. Goku would spend the first five episodes of the fight powering up then he'll spend the next eight screaming on the top of his lungs and then the next three pumping his beam. Innuendos ahoy!

And Vegeta will break a few scouters for good measure. On a surprisingly related note I screamed over 9000 at work last night. It was most amusing to myself and my co-worker, I tend to do stuff like that after taking a five hour energy drink to get through the night.

:) Who knows, it's the wrong place to discuss that. Goku is definitely not as graceful as Bayonetta in combat, that's for certain. Heard about the upcoming Battle of Gods DBZ movie? We'll be able to see what Goku can do these days compared to his hay day. I don't count GT since Super Saiyan 4 apparently gets hurt being tossed through windows. Didn't know going up a level makes you weaker. Wink Consistency: DBZ never had it.

Back on topic, any other characters besides Natsuki that you favor from any Mai-Series incarnation? Midori for example.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by shezaei-neko Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:44 pm

Midori was quite cool in the Otome Manga.
They could have improved Rad too, but noooooo....
They had to take the path of:
RAD: "Arika, I'm your father."

shezaei-neko
shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Magus Phantalus Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:44 pm

I actually like Hime Haruka(although she would never be able to take Shizuru both in my heart and battle). That said I still refuse to finish the hime manga for reasons previously stated.
Magus Phantalus
Magus Phantalus
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:36 pm

shezaei-neko wrote:Midori was quite cool in the Otome Manga.
They could have improved Rad too, but noooooo....
They had to take the path of:
RAD: "Arika, I'm your father."

Agreed, never could swallow that reveal in the manga. Also, Rad had potential to be this huge reveal in the anime (Arika's uncle). Never brought up. Akira Okuzaki
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by shezaei-neko Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:01 pm

Yeah, it was a shame.
I also like some designs from the anthologies. But I don't suppose those count since were made by doujinshi circles...
shezaei-neko
shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:54 am

shezaei-neko wrote:Yeah, it was a shame.
I also like some designs from the anthologies. But I don't suppose those count since were made by doujinshi circles...

Yeah, sadly. There's a lot made by doujinshi that fit into the canon so well. Wait a second...

hime - Mai-HiME/Otome ect. aesthetics What's your favorite? - Page 2 8128_110

^ Where did this come from, ShezNek?
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Magus Phantalus Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:01 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
shezaei-neko wrote:Yeah, it was a shame.

Yeah, sadly. There's a lot made by doujinshi that fit into the canon so well. Wait a second...

hime - Mai-HiME/Otome ect. aesthetics What's your favorite? - Page 2 8128_110

^ Where did this come from, ShezNek?

ARgghhh I remember when I first saw that and thought it was official, Otome stop giving me reasons to hate YOUUUUUUU!!!

Curse you He-Man... wait what?
Magus Phantalus
Magus Phantalus
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next