Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mai-HiME/Otome ect. aesthetics What's your favorite?

4 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Mai-HiME/Otome ect. aesthetics What's your favorite? Empty Mai-HiME/Otome ect. aesthetics What's your favorite?

Post by Magus Phantalus Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:37 am

Basically a thread for which character designs we like most from any corner of the canon My-Multiverse and which character portrayal we like most. List reasons and preferably a pic or two.
My favorite character designs are probably from that dating sim. Can't remember the name of it and wasn't a fan of what I read about it concerning Shizuru's suicide but damn the characters look cool.

Mai-HiME/Otome ect. aesthetics What's your favorite? Cg03510

Just look at how sleek Duran looks and don't even get me started on Natsuki.

As far as portrayals go I like EXA Natsuki best. She definatly seemed like the most competent of all her incarnations. By the Void she even single handedly took down Mai and Kagatsuchi.

Mai-HiME/Otome ect. aesthetics What's your favorite? Exa-3-10

Magus Phantalus
Magus Phantalus
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 613
Armitage GUTS!!! : 148

Back to top Go down

Mai-HiME/Otome ect. aesthetics What's your favorite? Empty Re: Mai-HiME/Otome ect. aesthetics What's your favorite?

Post by shezaei-neko Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:11 pm

Is it just me, or sometimes animation tends to make the characters loose some of their appeal? (not always but most of the time.)
'Cause I've to agree here with you.
That art from that video-game is incredible. Duran looks so neat there!

And just one question, does it also include doujinshi art? Razz
shezaei-neko
shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Bubuzuke points : 4088
Armitage GUTS!!! : 756

http://shezaei-neko.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Mai-HiME/Otome ect. aesthetics What's your favorite? Empty Re: Mai-HiME/Otome ect. aesthetics What's your favorite?

Post by Magus Phantalus Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:17 am

It's not just you most anime seems to become homogenous in terms of art style, probably for budget reasons. And no doujinshi art because everyone would pick Doropanda Tours myself included.
Magus Phantalus
Magus Phantalus
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by shezaei-neko Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:05 pm

You really know us so well. XD You're right, (almost) everyone would pick Doropanda...
shezaei-neko
shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:15 pm

Without starting with the obvious (Natsuki Kuga), let me begin with Haruka Suzushiro/Armitage.

Haruka Suzushiro from the original Mai-HiME anime by Sunrise is preferably one of my favorites. The art in Mai-HiME isn't as beautiful and rich as the PS2 game Tree of Fortune, I'm aware of this. Credit is given to the way Sunrise handled Haruka's emotional reactions to everything. Her personality shines through the art, as if the character herself is an extra in a play, trying to outclass the other cast members.

Mai-HiME/Otome ect. aesthetics What's your favorite? Vlcsn372

^ Look at the confidence on her face, even when she's doing something as simple as telling a terrible joke. I can see *why* Yukino would find interest in her, the poor girl is trying way too hard to please. It's cute.

Mai-HiME/Otome ect. aesthetics What's your favorite? Vlcsn373

^ Then there are moments where Haruka, the ever cocky Executive Director, showing moments of vulnerability. Also the scene in Mai-Otome where Haruka Armitage is embarrassed by a child fan asking her to marry him. Her cute blushing face shows us a girly side of her.

As for which Haruka I prefer, I'd have to say manga Haruka Suzushiro. I've always said Haruka was always missing something to make her more unstable in the anime and it was HiME powers:

Mai-HiME/Otome ect. aesthetics What's your favorite? 73124710

^ The equivalent of a kid wielding her dad's gun.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Magus Phantalus Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:39 pm

Hime Haruka one of the few good things to come out of the manga. That reminds me...
Magus Phantalus
Magus Phantalus
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:05 pm

Magus Phantalus wrote:Hime Haruka one of the few good things to come out of the manga. That reminds me...

*laughs* I enjoyed the manga a bit more than others. It made sense to make her a HiME, since I kind of thought she'd become one during my first viewing of Mai-HiME. So it's like a little dream coming true.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Magus Phantalus Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:11 am

Haruka being a Hime at the lose of Shizuru being one. What's that saying "Can't have your cake and eat it too."? I want a manga with a nice fluid story, awesome art, both Shizuru and Haruka being Hime on top of the others we've come to expect, Mai and Natsuki as the main characters, relevant and likable male characters, and MOST importantly a shiznat subplot.

Now I have a strange craving for pecan pie. The Magus will find some... one day when I'm not feeling lazy.
Magus Phantalus
Magus Phantalus
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:47 pm

Magus Phantalus wrote:Haruka being a Hime at the lose of Shizuru being one. What's that saying "Can't have your cake and eat it too."? I want a manga with a nice fluid story, awesome art, both Shizuru and Haruka being Hime on top of the others we've come to expect, Mai and Natsuki as the main characters, relevant and likable male characters, and MOST importantly a shiznat subplot.

Now I have a strange craving for pecan pie. The Magus will find some... one day when I'm not feeling lazy.

ShizNat subplot sounds delicious` I'd like more Tomoe Marguerite involvement too, even if she has to be a comic foil for ShizNat.

So you'd like a manga with a nice fluid story with Mai-HiME EXA art and the rest of what you listed? Not bad for far, Mag. Shizuru Fujino
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Magus Phantalus Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:03 pm

Nah I'd want it to have the art of that dating sim game. But I'd want Natsuki to be like her EXA counterpart. That Natsuki is the very definition of badass.
Magus Phantalus
Magus Phantalus
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by shezaei-neko Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:45 pm

Well, I like the style of the manga much more.
Be it Hime or Otome. Even if I dread the story in the Hime manga, the art for most of the characters was awesome.

And check this out. Wink

Mai-HiME/Otome ect. aesthetics What's your favorite? Cameo10
shezaei-neko
shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Magus Phantalus Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:21 am

I am infamiliar with that character, but then again I could never finish the mangas.

I will concede though that the manga art is beautiful and I'll stop myself there lest I depart on to another rant. Be THANKFUL for the thoughtfulness of The Magus!
Magus Phantalus
Magus Phantalus
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by shezaei-neko Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:22 pm

I just wanted to point out the SHIZUNATSU Cameo in this manga.
The author is the same as Hime and Otome, that's why the art is similar...
shezaei-neko
shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Magus Phantalus Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:31 pm

I have but three questions.

1 What manga is that?

2 Is there yuri in it?

3 Is it in english?
Magus Phantalus
Magus Phantalus
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by hildebrant Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:53 pm

Magus Phantalus wrote:I have but three questions.

1 What manga is that?

2 Is there yuri in it?

3 Is it in english?

The manga is seikon no qwaser

There are some yuri overtones,

Tokyopop translated the first three or so issues before they went under and the series is pretty easy to find. But whether or not you'll like it is anyone's guess
hildebrant
hildebrant
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 888
Armitage GUTS!!! : 233

Back to top Go down

Post by Magus Phantalus Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:57 pm

I've heard of it... mixed things perchance what volume is the shiznat cameo?
Magus Phantalus
Magus Phantalus
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by hildebrant Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:58 pm

Magus Phantalus wrote:I've heard of it... mixed things perchance what volume is the shiznat cameo?

I don't know, I never knew there was a shiznat cameo in it.
hildebrant
hildebrant
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 888
Armitage GUTS!!! : 233

Back to top Go down

Post by Magus Phantalus Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:02 pm

Well guess I got some searching to do thanks for your time and info. Arika Yumemiya
Magus Phantalus
Magus Phantalus
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by shezaei-neko Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:23 pm

It's in the first chapters of the Manga.
Where this boy from Russia, nicknamed Sasha (?) arrives to the school the main female character is at.
shezaei-neko
shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Magus Phantalus Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:26 pm

I'm iffy on getting it for one panel of a cameo considering how fan servicey the manga is. Then again I am a sucker for cameos. Which volume if I may from my search I think it's volume two.
Magus Phantalus
Magus Phantalus
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by shezaei-neko Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:30 pm

It's just THAT shot. There's no more of them in the manga.
shezaei-neko
shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Magus Phantalus Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:37 pm

I figured as much still I don't know anyway getting back on track.

Check out this Kiyohime. Sells Evil right away in my opinion. From the same dating sim game as the natsuki pic I posted in my first post.

Mai-HiME/Otome ect. aesthetics What's your favorite? Cg20310
Magus Phantalus
Magus Phantalus
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by shezaei-neko Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:04 pm

Ditto.
Here she looks way more deadly. And also I kinda like Shizuru's weapon in here more.
More stylish...
shezaei-neko
shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Magus Phantalus Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:09 pm

I agree on the stylish part but I gotta say the naginata has been growing on me lately. But then again I'm more used to swords so maybe the naginata just feels diffrent to me.
Magus Phantalus
Magus Phantalus
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by shezaei-neko Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:32 pm

Mai-HiME/Otome ect. aesthetics What's your favorite? Kruger10

I love how they look here.
I really enjoyed the art in the manga.
shezaei-neko
shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next