Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mai Tokiha's mother and father [Mai-HiME]

+5
Cheshire Kat
shezaei-neko
Highman
Kuga Natsuki
Luu Sky Sapphire
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Tokiha - Mai Tokiha's mother and father [Mai-HiME] Empty Mai Tokiha's mother and father [Mai-HiME]

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:54 pm

Tokiha - Mai Tokiha's mother and father [Mai-HiME] Mai_to10

---

Mai Tokiha's family was brought up during today chatbox party. Is that the only image shot of him from the entire Mai-HIME series? O_o; Whoever he is, he sure got lucky marrying a woman like Mai's mom. Damn she's hot! :'3 Now I know where she got that razor bang from.

Last edited by Luu Sky Sapphire on Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:53 pm; edited 2 times in total
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Tokiha - Mai Tokiha's mother and father [Mai-HiME] Empty Re: Mai Tokiha's mother and father [Mai-HiME]

Post by Kuga Natsuki Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:19 pm

Mr. Tokiha needed moar screentime o.o
Kuga Natsuki
Kuga Natsuki
Space Samurai Marshall Banana
Space Samurai Marshall Banana

Bubuzuke points : 9709
Armitage GUTS!!! : 593

http://stargazerium.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Tokiha - Mai Tokiha's mother and father [Mai-HiME] Empty Re: Mai Tokiha's mother and father [Mai-HiME]

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:51 am

Nymphetamine wrote:Mr. Tokiha needed moar screentime o.o

If. Mr. Tokiha were more important. -_- After what happened to his life, you'd think an emotional flashback scene involving him and the kids would take place. Poor Mai, always carrying the weight around here.

mai hime
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Highman Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:02 pm

Rather have a thread for both Mai parents, really interested on Mai mother instead of the father. Really want more screen time and how she's was important to Mai life even after her death. Most important factor did Mai's mother had powers before Mai was born, to the fact that ancestors were passed down by generation instead OL choosing them ?

Tokiha - Mai Tokiha's mother and father [Mai-HiME] Coalgi11

That scene really hit hard right there
Highman
Highman
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 634
Armitage GUTS!!! : 113

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:17 pm

That is a powerful scene; and the whole reason Mai pampers Takumi so much. You start to appreciate family when one of the members are gone, so you feel heavy responsibility for the rest. That makes Mai less whiny in my mind.

The possibility of Mai's mother being a HiME is currently not very practical, but it's a nice thought. Mai Tokiha Fanfiction ahoy!!!
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by shezaei-neko Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:42 pm

Mai's mom died after she rescued Takumi, right?
Damn, then it was a hell of an accident.
But, wait a second....what happened to Mai's dad?? I don't remember if Mai said anything about him...
shezaei-neko
shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Bubuzuke points : 4088
Armitage GUTS!!! : 756

http://shezaei-neko.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Highman Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:41 am

shezaei-neko wrote:Mai's mom died after she rescued Takumi, right?
Damn, then it was a hell of an accident.
But, wait a second....what happened to Mai's dad?? I don't remember if Mai said anything about him...

Yeah, their father died because of a broken heart since his love and source to him died.
Highman
Highman
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheshire Kat Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:37 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:

---

Mai Tokiha's family was brought up during today chatbox party. Is that the only image shot of him from the entire Mai-HIME series? O_o; Whoever he is, he sure got lucky marrying a woman like Mai's mom. Damn she's hot! :'3 Now I know where she got that razor bang from.

Yeah... I'd really like to know more about what happened to that guy...

Wait a second.

Tokiha - Mai Tokiha's mother and father [Mai-HiME] HOLDTHEPHONEHERE

HOLD THE GOSH DARN PHONE THERE, BUCKO.

Mai's father looks completely different in her illusive world, which was created by Yukariko's CHILD, Saint Vlas, in episode 24. He looks much more like Takumi and Mai (the facial build), while the dad in the photograph, save for the hair colour in Takumi's case (but it could very easily be from his mother's genes), looks utterly different from his kids! He has the western hooked nose and a 'fro.

Could this mean that maybe the Dad from the illusion is the true dad, who Mai loved very dearly, and the photographed Dad was her Mother's second lover/husband, and something could've happened to Illusion-Dad? Or could it be a mistake on SUNRISE's part? Although... everything about Mai's mother is completely the same. And she had only one more scene than the Dad (lying in the hospital bed and stroking Mai's cheek before passing on).

What could've happened? Maybe Photo-Dad didn't feel attached to Mai and Takumi, and saw them as leeches to his finance? Couldn't handle it and remarried someone who thought that? Maybe he also died? If so, I feel terribly, terribly sorry for the Tokibabies. They've lost so much.
Cheshire Kat
Cheshire Kat
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 819
Armitage GUTS!!! : 219

Back to top Go down

Post by Highman Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:36 am

Cheshire Kat wrote:

Wait a second.

Mai's father looks completely different in her illusive world, which was created by Yukariko's CHILD, Saint Vlas, in episode 24. He looks much more like Takumi and Mai (the facial build), while the dad in the photograph, save for the hair colour in Takumi's case (but it could very easily be from his mother's genes), looks utterly different from his kids! He has the western hooked nose and a 'fro.

Could this mean that maybe the Dad from the illusion is the true dad, who Mai loved very dearly, and the photographed Dad was her Mother's second lover/husband, and something could've happened to Illusion-Dad? Or could it be a mistake on SUNRISE's part? Although... everything about Mai's mother is completely the same. And she had only one more scene than the Dad (lying in the hospital bed and stroking Mai's cheek before passing on).

Well I guess Bucko forgot to make a message too, hmmm................

From Luu, Mai was very young and Takumi was just an infant, their father was a real go getter and still believes disco is still alive and till metal gave him the reality check. Also, you don't know is Sunrise gave the whole ball game away by revealing he had the same haircut as Tate character. Foreshadowing to the MaixTate relationship at hand till the final episode, it wasn't an error nope, that was pathetic work in the utmost high.

Tokiha - Mai Tokiha's mother and father [Mai-HiME] Coalgi12

I'm proud to be a MaiXReito shipper

Highman
Highman
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by ATHENAx514 Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:40 am

oh wow I totally forgot about this scene, the hair being different does bug me, maybe its her real dad but in the illusion her dad is a nicer guy...maybe he was a Turd Sandwich in real life.
ATHENAx514
ATHENAx514
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 140
Armitage GUTS!!! : 60

Back to top Go down

Post by Highman Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:28 am

ATHENAx514 wrote:oh wow I totally forgot about this scene, the hair being different does bug me, maybe its her real dad but in the illusion her dad is a nicer guy...maybe he was a Turd Sandwich in real life.

He was, that's why he died of eating too much shit
Highman
Highman
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by ATHENAx514 Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:39 am

I have no idea how "turd sandwich" came up I put something else but whatever lol. the moms a fox tho!
ATHENAx514
ATHENAx514
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 140
Armitage GUTS!!! : 60

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:30 pm

I dunno, Kat! Mai's father in Yukariko/Vlas' illusion world looks like Tate to me. Solidifying that the two, indeed, belong together. :3 You know, some sort history repeating irony~

I'm proud to be a TateXMai shipper!

Tokiha - Mai Tokiha's mother and father [Mai-HiME] Vlcsna66
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by shezaei-neko Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:06 pm

What if his dad had that trouble some people had with humid weather? That your hair goes all curly, frizzle, and afro... Razz
And it just happened in that pic where they are at the beach?

Also I think it was just one of those mistakes they usuallu do, don't remembering how they did a character that wasn't of much importance or didn't have much screen time.

shezaei-neko
shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Highman Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:38 pm

shezaei-neko wrote:What if his dad had that trouble some people had with humid weather? That your hair goes all curly, frizzle, and afro... Razz
And it just happened in that pic where they are at the beach?

Also I think it was just one of those mistakes they usuallu do, don't remembering how they did a character that wasn't of much importance or didn't have much screen time.

They had Rena but not Mai's mother having enough screen time or being an important character. I was starting to become a fan of Mai mother through the series.
Highman
Highman
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by hildebrant Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:49 pm

Cheshire Kat wrote:
Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:

---

Wait a second.

What could've happened? Maybe Photo-Dad didn't feel attached to Mai and Takumi, and saw them as leeches to his finance? Couldn't handle it and remarried someone who thought that? Maybe he also died? If so, I feel terribly, terribly sorry for the Tokibabies. They've lost so much.

You know I'm trying not to make anymore big speeches in regards to this stuff anymore but, sorry if this has already been talked about but maybe that guy in the photo was some relative of Mai and Takumi like an uncle or a family friend and he was in the way while Mai's father took the pic of his wife holding Takumi with Mai by her side.

The fact that Mai's father looks like Tate only without the blonde hair does make for a nice bit of foreshadowing and I do praise SUNRISE for it. Though the idea that Mai's going after a guy that looks like her old man does kind of raise a few eyebrows but I will not be a party to this. I am a Tate/Mai shipper now and forever!
hildebrant
hildebrant
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 888
Armitage GUTS!!! : 233

Back to top Go down

Post by Highman Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:15 pm

hildebrant wrote:

The fact that Mai's father looks like Tate only without the blonde hair does make for a nice bit of foreshadowing and I do praise SUNRISE for it. Though the idea that Mai's going after a guy that looks like her old man does kind of raise a few eyebrows but I will not be a party to this. I am a Tate/Mai shipper now and forever!

No, it's their father in his younger years having that 80s centric gruff and did had pole cameras as well when Japanese technology was superior back then. After Tokiha's parents died, seems no one wouldn't help look in for the kids, for some reason why ?
Highman
Highman
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Darthtabby Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:06 am

I'm of the opinion that is supposed to be Mai's dad in the photo despite his hair being different from the other times we see him. I'm guessing her was trying to take a shot using a tripod and timer but didn't get into position in time. Maybe he didn't have much experience with the camera he was using? :lol:

I'd generally assumed that Mai's dad had passed on at some point (there is Reito's line about "that's what happened to your parents" when he's talking to Takumi). Mai doesn't seem to have any sort of ill feelings towards him. I don't think he abandoned his children after his wife died. Granted Natsuki's issues with her dad were barely touched on in the anime, but at least we got a scene indicating that he hooked up with another woman while she was in hospital recovering from the accident that killed her mother (no wonder she's not very trusting). By contrast we have that flashback scene of Mai arriving at the hospital only to be told her dad had already come and gotten Takumi.

I suppose the one thing that seems strange about that is that Mai doesn't seem to be grieving a recent loss, but I have trouble accepting that a girl much younger than she is at the start of the series (fifteen) would be allowed to take care of a younger sibling on her own. Granted I don't know what kind of laws Japan has about that kind of thing.

Darthtabby
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 88
Armitage GUTS!!! : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by shezaei-neko Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:11 pm

You've got a point there Darth.

Maybe after Mai's dad passed away, she stayed with family. Like an uncle or something until she was of age to take care of Takumi on her own...
'Cause she indeed was way too young to be left alone and take care of her younger brother.

shezaei-neko
shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Highman Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:28 pm

shezaei-neko wrote:You've got a point there Darth.

Maybe after Mai's dad passed away, she stayed with family. Like an uncle or something until she was of age to take care of Takumi on her own...
'Cause she indeed was way too young to be left alone and take care of her younger brother.

From telling so much emotional problems with Mai, it's states that none of Mai's family members ever pitched in until they had a foster family stepped in. Wouldn't shocked me the most that Mai's family is pretty dysfunctional.
Highman
Highman
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by shezaei-neko Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:28 pm

Like many other anime families.
shezaei-neko
shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Highman Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:12 pm

shezaei-neko wrote:Like many other anime families.

That's true
Highman
Highman
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by shezaei-neko Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:39 pm

My, these girls sure had a tragic childhood.
Mai lost her mom.
Natsuki lost her mom.
Nao's mom was left in a bad shape.
Mikoto had to kill the one who took care of her.

What about the others?
shezaei-neko
shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by hildebrant Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:44 pm

well lets see based on what little they tell us about the character's pasts:

Shizuru they never tell
Haruka's family wasn't as well off as they are now, based on what Yukino mentioned in that one omake
Yukino we may not know
Chie and Aoi we never hear about
Midori all we hear about is how she was with Youko back in college
Akira, all we know is that her family expects her to work hard to uphold the family legacy, I think
Shiho was apparently very shy and reserved as a child with only Yuuichi to befriend her
Reito apparently interacted with Mikoto once or quite a bit as a child iwth Mikoto and had longer hair but not much else is revealed
Yukariko was raised in a convent so not much else is told
Miyu was built in a lab and Alyssa was born and raised in a lab
I know I'm missing a few others but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong
hildebrant
hildebrant
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 888
Armitage GUTS!!! : 233

Back to top Go down

Post by Highman Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:07 am

hildebrant wrote:well lets see based on what little they tell us about the character's pasts:

Shizuru they never tell
Haruka's family wasn't as well off as they are now, based on what Yukino mentioned in that one omake
Yukino we may not know
Chie and Aoi we never hear about
Midori all we hear about is how she was with Youko back in college
Akira, all we know is that her family expects her to work hard to uphold the family legacy, I think
Shiho was apparently very shy and reserved as a child with only Yuuichi to befriend her
Reito apparently interacted with Mikoto once or quite a bit as a child iwth Mikoto and had longer hair but not much else is revealed
Yukariko was raised in a convent so not much else is told
Miyu was built in a lab and Alyssa was born and raised in a lab
I know I'm missing a few others but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong

No, your on the ball with everything. Their past stories are pretty interesting and need more plot development and character.
Highman
Highman
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next