Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hime Lantern Corps

+2
MidnightPersona
EarthReaver
6 posters

Go down

Hime Lantern Corps Empty Hime Lantern Corps

Post by EarthReaver Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:14 pm

With the Green lantern movie out, it's no real suprise that this random but amusing idea sprung into my head one night. Quite simply which hime/otome character would fit in which lantern colour.

Green = Willpower

Yellow = Fear

Blue = Hope

Red = Hate/rage

Orange = Greed

Violet = Love

Indigo = Compassion

On a similar note, otome vs lanterns, that would be an pic battle

EarthReaver
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 27
Armitage GUTS!!! : 8

Back to top Go down

Hime Lantern Corps Empty Re: Hime Lantern Corps

Post by MidnightPersona Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:36 pm

Haruka Suzushiro/Armitage: Green
Yukino Kikukawa/Chrysant: Violet
Shiho: Red
Shizuru: She would vary hers depending on the time/arc between: Yellow, Violet, and Green.
Natuski: Indigo or Blue

...and Haruka could beat any lantern. Her vs Hal Jordan would be epic.
MidnightPersona
MidnightPersona
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Bubuzuke points : 4253
Armitage GUTS!!! : 798

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:34 am

MidnightPersona wrote:Haruka Suzushiro/Armitage: Green
Yukino Kikukawa/Chrysant: Violet
Shiho: Red
Shizuru: She would vary hers depending on the time/arc between: Yellow, Violet, and Green.
Natuski: Indigo or Blue

...and Haruka could beat any lantern. Her vs Hal Jordan would be epic.

Okay, let's give this a try! By the way, I have not seen the Green Lantern movie yet. I am afraid I'll go Doug Walker on it. ;_;

Green = Willpower = Haruka Suzushiro/Armitage

Yellow = Fear = Yukino Kikukawa

Blue = Hope = Arika Yumemiya

Red = Hate/rage = Nao Yuuki

Orange = Greed = Tomoe Marguerite

Violet = Love = Shizuru Fujino

Indigo = Compassion = Midori Sugiura

As for The Otome against The Green Lantern corps, that would be pretty interesting to see. Just even out the parties and it should kick major ass. I still think the Otome will come out on top, they just seem like better fighters. But if all else fails for Garderobe, send in Super Blue Sky Arika Yumemiya to deus ex machina everyone.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by MidnightPersona Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:08 am

Yukino COULDN'T be a Yellow Lantern/Fear. They tend to feed off fear/evil such as Sinestro. It would be used more-so by Shizuru Fujino after the Natsuki rejection as she went on her rampage. Yukino would be far from a yellow lantern in basis of personality, especially since she had the strength not to attack Mai due to her love of Haruka and refusal to be someone Haruka wouldn't want her to be.

I mean... Yukino? Yellow? Psh. :is on a Green Lantern kick anyways:
MidnightPersona
MidnightPersona
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:14 am

Remember that despite being a comic whore, I'm not 100% on the Green Lantern mythos. ;p They're no Wonder Woman or Superman. Still, that is interesting to know. How about the rest of my list? Accurate enough? XD
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by MidnightPersona Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:56 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:Remember that despite being a comic whore, I'm not 100% on the Green Lantern mythos. ;p They're no Wonder Woman or Superman. Still, that is interesting to know. How about the rest of my list? Accurate enough? XD

Yes, the rest are accurate I think. I'm just getting more knowledgeable on it myself. Fascinates me.
MidnightPersona
MidnightPersona
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Defiant Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:23 pm

I think you cant make the colours only based characteristic thoughs, because you know...all the rings are driven by willpower and basically I would say color is more like specific goal you want to achieve. I mean, Sinestro was and in restarted DC he is again a Green Lantern, one of the best actually and Kyle Rayner was chosen by all of the color rings at same time :)

Otomes migh tough as hell but keep in mind that GL and Gurdians have the whole one universe to protect, and they had no problem to dispatch 50 Lanterns to watch just one guy (though it was an evil Superman from Prime universe :) ). But Legion would be probably even harder oponent since they can manipulate time =]

I am only sure in that Obsidian lord and Nagi would be Black Lanterns :]
Defiant
Defiant
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 348
Armitage GUTS!!! : 83

http://www.postavy.cz

Back to top Go down

Post by MidnightPersona Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:49 pm

Defiant wrote:I think you cant make the colours only based characteristic thoughs, because you know...all the rings are driven by willpower and basically I would say color is more like specific goal you want to achieve. I mean, Sinestro was and in restarted DC he is again a Green Lantern, one of the best actually and Kyle Rayner was chosen by all of the color rings at same time :)

Otomes migh tough as hell but keep in mind that GL and Gurdians have the whole one universe to protect, and they had no problem to dispatch 50 Lanterns to watch just one guy (though it was an evil Superman from Prime universe :) ). But Legion would be probably even harder oponent since they can manipulate time =]

Honestly, I think certain 'lantern' gifts are purely evil, such as yellow. I don't REALLY think it's you're 'goals' I mean, I could have a goal to find love, or hope, but that doesn't mean I'm not gonna get green. If I had a choice? I'd want love or hope. What would honestly be what I got? Willpower or Anger.

It all depends on who you are deep down. Not your goals or desire, but who the inner you is.
MidnightPersona
MidnightPersona
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Defiant Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:28 am

MidnightPersona wrote:
Defiant wrote:I think you cant make the colours only based characteristic thoughs, because you know...all the rings are driven by willpower and basically I would say color is more like specific goal you want to achieve. I mean, Sinestro was and in restarted DC he is again a Green Lantern, one of the best actually and Kyle Rayner was chosen by all of the color rings at same time :)

Honestly, I think certain 'lantern' gifts are purely evil, such as yellow. I don't REALLY think it's you're 'goals' I mean, I could have a goal to find love, or hope, but that doesn't mean I'm not gonna get green. If I had a choice? I'd want love or hope. What would honestly be what I got? Willpower or Anger.

It all depends on who you are deep down. Not your goals or desire, but who the inner you is.

Well, sure the goal of Sinestro corps is to make order and rule, that sure is from standart viewpoint an evil goal. What I meant by goal is that all Lanterns in their own way want to make universe to their own image - Green Lanterns justice, Blue Lanterns peace, Sinestro corps order, Red Lanterns veageance to all injustice...

But as I was saying...I think you can´t decide lantern color just based on one characteric trait, although it is a factor. And sometimes...
Hime Lantern Corps Gl_ng_10
...one ring just isn´t enough :]
Defiant
Defiant
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by MidnightPersona Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:52 pm

*begins to lol from the comic piece* Yes, yes, you are quite right. But personality IS a major factor in my opinion. Because I kinda see it as the Hogwarts sorting hat in Harry Potter. Harry was best fit for Slytherine, but he refused, so he was placed in Gryffindor which he wanted more.

I think that your personal feelings affect it more. Haruka, being a lover of Justice, and someone with strong willpower, would be not more than green lantern. Hands down.

Yukino? I can see her as Hope, Love, and Fear, but the fear would be ill kept with Yukino and I doubt Sinestro would understand why someone who is in love with a Green Lantern and fights for justice would be of any use.

BUT power corrupts. Who knows what could/would happen if they got the rings...
MidnightPersona
MidnightPersona
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Defiant Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:59 pm

Yea, personality is undeniably an important factor. But it is really hard to tell if it is the most important one since the Ring choses his owner and I think owners personality is effected a lot only by the fact he(or she :] ) was chosen to those and those corps.

I don´t think it is exactly the same with Harry Potter since the decision is made by neutral party, but in DCU it is the Ring itself that choses its owner, but I get the similarity.

If I should think of some similar character-based power choice, I would probably say Light-Other or Dark-Other natural choice from Night Watch series. Cuzzz you know, you don´t choose those things but at begginning you can try to change your character and your way of thinking but when more and more time passes you are most likely just gonna embrase the path you are on.

I think Sinestro isn´t the worst kind of entity with super-powers (compared to Superboy-Prime and others...), he is opened to rational arguments and he re-joined GL-Corps in order to free his own planet from his own corps, which is kinda weird, but well...it counts :)
Defiant
Defiant
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by MidnightPersona Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:07 pm

Yeah, I do like Sinestro. I just don't like the Corps. Then again, I prefer Sinestro to some of the others. Some of them are crazy xD

I still think the ring takes personality into consideration. I mean, a willpower ring will prob not pick someone with a huge amount of fear. Nor do I think the love ring would choose a hateful person. I think a persons Nature does not changed just because they are chosen, they are chosen due to their innate nature.
MidnightPersona
MidnightPersona
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Defiant Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:21 pm

Well, personality is one thing, but being GL mean one will come through some hard stuff. War can change (don´t know about other species) a lot and GLs might come into situation when war could mean planets burned to ashes and bilions of death. I am not saying that "just" this will turn someone around, mind is really not "I-am-100%-sure-place". I am just saying that one can never be sure what he would do or what he wouldn´t do in situations he/she have never been in. And every decision has an impact on our personality.
But I guess the Ring has AI with experience picking its users.
Defiant
Defiant
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by MidnightPersona Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:27 pm

Defiant wrote:Well, personality is one thing, but being GL mean one will come through some hard stuff. War can change (don´t know about other species) a lot and GLs might come into situation when war could mean planets burned to ashes and bilions of death. I am not saying that "just" this will turn someone around, mind is really not "I-am-100%-sure-place". I am just saying that one can never be sure what he would do or what he wouldn´t do in situations he/she have never been in. And every decision has an impact on our personality.
But I guess the Ring has AI with experience picking its users.

I think the rings ARE the emotions. Not just tools. You can't change your inner self. You can change, yes, but no matter what your core will be the same even if you try to hide and change it.

That's why I do believe the rings choose based on that. Obviously this is open to interpretation, but it's fun to discuss.

I still am stuck on Haruka being will, though. xD
MidnightPersona
MidnightPersona
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Defiant Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:45 pm

MidnightPersona wrote:

I think the rings ARE the emotions. Not just tools. You can't change your inner self. You can change, yes, but no matter what your core will be the same even if you try to hide and change it.

That's why I do believe the rings choose based on that. Obviously this is open to interpretation, but it's fun to discuss.

I still am stuck on Haruka being will, though. xD

Well it depends, it definitely is a very well posible that it is just as you described, but in that case it would be kind of irony since the Guardians themselfs try to limit their emmotions and individuality as much as they can :]

I don´t consider AI a tool, it is actually by definition a living entity.
I personaly think that rigns are power conductors with AI and their stream is limited only by user´s mind(=imagination), determination(=emotional status) and probably symbiosis which user is able to maintain with ring´s unique AI.
Defiant
Defiant
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Midori Sugiura Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:52 am

Green = Natsuki

Yellow = Yukariko

Blue = Takumi

Red = Haruka

Orange = Nao

Violet = Mai

Indigo = Yohko
Midori Sugiura
Midori Sugiura
High Priest Brony of Midori-ism
High Priest Brony of Midori-ism

Bubuzuke points : 3743
Armitage GUTS!!! : 251

Back to top Go down

Post by Magus Phantalus Thu May 09, 2013 8:23 am

This is an interesting thought I wish I noticed it earlier. I'm more of a marvel guy than a dc guy but I've always been fascinated by the green lantern mythos.

I agree that Shizuru would be a violet ring bearer and Natsuki would either be blue or green.

The Magus Phantalus would be black! All hail the Void! And you can bet your collective butts that the Magus would remain in control of his black ring.
Magus Phantalus
Magus Phantalus
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 613
Armitage GUTS!!! : 148

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down