Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anime Convention News: Your experiences/upcoming MM con appearances! (next: New York Comic Con)

+23
LiteraryAnomaly
GhibliFreek
BMeph
firesphere306
Konaxookami
Aud8
Sergay Tate
Yuri-hime
depression76
MidnightPersona
Highman
hildebrant
Kyubey Mittens
Ice Silver Crystal
WolvenBane08
pokemoneg
ookamidesu
Chibi Rachy
Flamewolf119
Midori Sugiura99
SpiderNeKoHiME
Milla
Luu Sky Sapphire
27 posters

Page 11 of 15 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down

anime - Anime Convention News: Your experiences/upcoming MM con appearances! (next: New York Comic Con) - Page 11 Empty Re: Anime Convention News: Your experiences/upcoming MM con appearances! (next: New York Comic Con)

Post by hildebrant Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:15 am

I'm going to Otakon as well. Dressed as Tate
hildebrant
hildebrant
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 888
Armitage GUTS!!! : 233

Back to top Go down

anime - Anime Convention News: Your experiences/upcoming MM con appearances! (next: New York Comic Con) - Page 11 Empty Re: Anime Convention News: Your experiences/upcoming MM con appearances! (next: New York Comic Con)

Post by Aud8 Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:17 am

hildebrant wrote:I'm going to Otakon as well. Dressed as Tate

will expect pics :D
Aud8
Aud8
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 34
Armitage GUTS!!! : 7

http://8aud8.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by hildebrant Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:19 am

Aud8 wrote:
hildebrant wrote:I'm going to Otakon as well. Dressed as Tate

will expect pics :D

I might go into one of those rooms that photographs you for the con or maybe some of the MM group will photograph me and the others and post them here
hildebrant
hildebrant
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:30 am

Aud8 wrote:Oh nice! Are you gonna dress up?

And I ordered the p-body portal gun a few weeks ago...so I'm looking forward to this a bunch XD

Yes I am! I'm gonna be Natsuki's favorite guy/endsarcasm. ...Takeda! XD I didn't get a chance to cosplay last year and since I'm don't have...you know...boobs? I can't be any of my favorite characters from the Mai-Series. So comic relief male character for me! lol

Awesome! I've seen so many Chells in the past couple of years and I've never seen a bad one yet. The guns are turn out awesome too. XD The orange jumpsuit look is too badass for words. Hope you can handle being barefoot the entire time. Dirty ass con floors! XD
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Aud8 Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:40 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
Yes I am! I'm gonna be Natsuki's favorite guy/endsarcasm. ...Takeda! XD I didn't get a chance to cosplay last year and since I'm don't have...you know...boobs? I can't be any of my favorite characters from the Mai-Series. So comic relief male character for me! lol

Awesome! I've seen so many Chells in the past couple of years and I've never seen a bad one yet. The guns are turn out awesome too. XD The orange jumpsuit look is too badass for words. Hope you can handle being barefoot the entire time. Dirty ass con floors! XD

Takeda isn't all that bad! Just unfortunate lol, you'll just have to find a Natsuki to follow around! I plan on making the long fall boots so I don't have to barefoot it :)
Aud8
Aud8
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 34
Armitage GUTS!!! : 7

http://8aud8.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:49 am

Aud8 wrote:you'll just have to find a Natsuki to follow around!

More like stalk...

Haha, awesome! Take lots of pics too, young lady. :)
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Konaxookami Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:36 pm

My upcoming event is Connecticon 2012 baby! >D This con is my jam. I've got a whole weekend planned out for cosplay, and since we might be getting a hotel room this year I can pack some more costumes for photoshoots than usual!

But My definites are God Tier Dave Strider from Homestuck and Kaworu from NGE (with little angel wings, GET IT?) MY third costume is still a up in the air sort o fthing. I've got a few I could do, and a few I WNAT to do, but I've yet to decide. But still-it's looking to be a good weekend for me!
Konaxookami
Konaxookami
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Bubuzuke points : 2209
Armitage GUTS!!! : 803
Location : Somewhere between the Furthest Ring and the Hall of Justice

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:41 pm

Konaxookami wrote:My upcoming event is Connecticon 2012 baby! >D This con is my jam. I've got a whole weekend planned out for cosplay, and since we might be getting a hotel room this year I can pack some more costumes for photoshoots than usual!

But My definites are God Tier Dave Strider from Homestuck and Kaworu from NGE (with little angel wings, GET IT?) MY third costume is still a up in the air sort o fthing. I've got a few I could do, and a few I WNAT to do, but I've yet to decide. But still-it's looking to be a good weekend for me!

Have a great time at Connecticon this year, Kona-chan! ;_; But goddammitt...PLEASE come to Otakon 2013. I'm freakin' begging you!!! What's it gonna take!? A visit to meet your folks? I'LL DO IT! >:3

Kaworu!!! Images are a MUST!!!
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Konaxookami Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:25 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
Konaxookami wrote:My upcoming event is Connecticon 2012 baby! >D This con is my jam. I've got a whole weekend planned out for cosplay, and since we might be getting a hotel room this year I can pack some more costumes for photoshoots than usual!

Have a great time at Connecticon this year, Kona-chan! ;_; But goddammitt...PLEASE come to Otakon 2013. I'm freakin' begging you!!! What's it gonna take!? A visit to meet your folks? I'LL DO IT! >:3

Kaworu!!! Images are a MUST!!!

pft...We'll see what happens Luu! But after a year of college I'm sure they'll be more inclined to letting me spread my wings for a weekend down in Baltimore.

As for Kaworu, don't worry! I'll make a whoooooole blog post about the con here okay? So you can see all my shenanigans and nonsense.

YOU need to come to CTcon one of these years! It may be a wee lil' state con, but it's loads of fun and there's always some pretty damn interesting guests.
Konaxookami
Konaxookami
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:17 pm

Konaxookami wrote:pft...We'll see what happens Luu! But after a year of college I'm sure they'll be more inclined to letting me spread my wings for a weekend down in Baltimore.

As for Kaworu, don't worry! I'll make a whoooooole blog post about the con here okay? So you can see all my shenanigans and nonsense.

YOU need to come to CTcon one of these years! It may be a wee lil' state con, but it's loads of fun and there's always some pretty damn interesting guests.

Haha, I'm pretty sure of that. College era is the start of independent freedom from parents. Just make them understand that I'm not a bear of the pedo kind. :3 You're in good hands next year at BOTH cons. That's right, I've decided to attend Connecticon 2013. 8)

Yes, please make a long blog about your journey and cosplay! If you spot any Mai-Series cosplayers, you know what to do. >:3 Aside from hump them. OH! Is your sidekick KitKat going with you? XD
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Chibi Rachy Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:01 pm

I'm not dead, promise :D

I'll be at Otakon 2012 and cosplaying as Aaeru from Simoun all weekend. Well, Friday and Saturday at least. I'll have her Sibylla priestess and Sibylla pilot outfits from last year. I'll also have her green pilot jumpsuit this year to debut. Saturday evening I'll cosplay Illyasviel from f/sn for a photoshoot. I'm bringing her back after two years. :D
Chibi Rachy
Chibi Rachy
Sibylla Aurea of Simoun Fanfic

Bubuzuke points : 479
Armitage GUTS!!! : 174

http://chibirachy.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ookamidesu Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:35 pm

Chibi Rachy wrote:I'm not dead, promise :D

I'll be at Otakon 2012 and cosplaying as Aaeru from Simoun all weekend. Well, Friday and Saturday at least. I'll have her Sibylla priestess and Sibylla pilot outfits from last year. I'll also have her green pilot jumpsuit this year to debut. Saturday evening I'll cosplay Illyasviel from f/sn for a photoshoot. I'm bringing her back after two years. :D

Rachy!! It's been a while since we talked.

There is a *possibility* that I could go to Otakon this year. If so, I look forward to meeting you. :)
ookamidesu
ookamidesu
Sexilicious Zhang-papa
Sexilicious Zhang-papa

Bubuzuke points : 8884
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1354

http://jnz5012.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Konaxookami Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:50 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
Konaxookami wrote:pft...We'll see what happens Luu! But after a year of college I'm sure they'll be more inclined to letting me spread my wings for a weekend down in Baltimore.

Haha, I'm pretty sure of that. College era is the start of independent freedom from parents. Just make them understand that I'm not a bear of the pedo kind. :3 You're in good hands next year at BOTH cons. That's right, I've decided to attend Connecticon 2013. 8)

Yes, please make a long blog about your journey and cosplay! If you spot any Mai-Series cosplayers, you know what to do. >:3 Aside from hump them. OH! Is your sidekick KitKat going with you? XD

YES VERY GOOD YOU MUST COME TO MY HOME STATE. >D I will definitely blog the HECK out of CTcon. (And I will not forget my camera at home on Saturday again nopenopenope) And of course! We'll see if that Natsuki comes back again. I thought I saw her last year but I was standing in a line so I have no clue if it was my sleep deprived mind or not. And yup! Kitkat and her galpal(aka my double who just so happens to be her girlfriend) Val (hey that rhymed?!) will be my wingmen this con. I'm not sure if Nick is still going or not, since I haven't talked to him much lately...>>; But It's looking to be a fun con. Considering last year I met Val because she tea-bagged me as a creepy puppet it should be interesting to see what happens when the two of us cause hell together. >D
Konaxookami
Konaxookami
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Chibi Rachy Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:06 pm

ookamidesu wrote:
Chibi Rachy wrote:I'm not dead, promise :D

Rachy!! It's been a while since we talked.

There is a *possibility* that I could go to Otakon this year. If so, I look forward to meeting you. :)

Haha that would be fun. It seems like this year I could spend a good portion of con time meeting up with people again :D Raven is supposed to be going this year as well. She's paid for her room (to me) and is supposed to be my ride XD
Chibi Rachy
Chibi Rachy

Bubuzuke points : 479
Armitage GUTS!!! : 174

http://chibirachy.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by hildebrant Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:50 pm

Konaxookami wrote:
Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:

YES VERY GOOD YOU MUST COME TO MY HOME STATE. >D I will definitely blog the HECK out of CTcon. (And I will not forget my camera at home on Saturday again nopenopenope) And of course! We'll see if that Natsuki comes back again. I thought I saw her last year but I was standing in a line so I have no clue if it was my sleep deprived mind or not. And yup! Kitkat and her galpal(aka my double who just so happens to be her girlfriend) Val (hey that rhymed?!) will be my wingmen this con. I'm not sure if Nick is still going or not, since I haven't talked to him much lately...>>; But It's looking to be a fun con. Considering last year I met Val because she tea-bagged me as a creepy puppet it should be interesting to see what happens when the two of us cause hell together. >D

Hope to see you at Otakon as well. that way I can thank you in person for writing some of the fics you've written in the past
hildebrant
hildebrant
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:59 pm

Konaxookami wrote:YES VERY GOOD YOU MUST COME TO MY HOME STATE. >D I will definitely blog the HECK out of CTcon. (And I will not forget my camera at home on Saturday again nopenopenope) And of course! We'll see if that Natsuki comes back again. I thought I saw her last year but I was standing in a line so I have no clue if it was my sleep deprived mind or not. And yup! Kitkat and her galpal(aka my double who just so happens to be her girlfriend) Val (hey that rhymed?!) will be my wingmen this con. I'm not sure if Nick is still going or not, since I haven't talked to him much lately...>>; But It's looking to be a fun con. Considering last year I met Val because she tea-bagged me as a creepy puppet it should be interesting to see what happens when the two of us cause hell together. >D

Will do, Kona. Have a great time at CTcon!
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:46 am

bump

Mai Multiverse at Otakon 2012: "BIG TIME" [info and details in description box]

i got dat ice ice, cold cold

i got dat ice ice, cold cold

i got dat ice cold WHATAAAAAAAAA

Hellooooooooo, Mai-Multiverse! It's Luu Sky Sapphire, founder of Mai Multiverse. The The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series. And this July 27th, the ice cold water brotha ain't the only one who gunna get GOT!

Otakon 2012 is upon us, the biggest anime/manga gala extravaganza on the planet. Me, along with various crazies of Mai-Multiverse, will be attending the event on July 27th to the 29th. Because of how amazingly epic this event will be compared to last year, I took it upon myself to dub our gathering "Big Time". Some of us will be cosplaying, hanging around the convention and just being major Mai-Series dorks. :) Should you spot any of us, do not hesitate to take photos or hang out with us. We're a fun bunch! Looking forward to meeting you all, even those not affiliated with Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome fandom!

Visit us at:

ShizNat Webs: http://shiznat.webs.com/

Mai-Multiverse Forum: https://ltahime.forumotion.com/forum

Mai-Multiverse on deviantART: http://mai-multiverse.deviantart.com/

---

I would like to add that I will setting up a dinner for my invited guests on Saturday. Whether it'll be Cheesecake Factory like last year or somewhere different, we'll decide when we get there. It's all on the house. GRANDE CHIE Literally.

As for any other Mai-Multiverse member out there, if you're wishing to keep contact every so often, send me your mobile numbers to my PM (if you want). I doubt we'll all be doing exactly the same thing, so whenever we need to assemble, I'll give you a call. I am directing the MM group, so always wait for my call when something pops up. This includes locations where we can all gather.

Thank you for reading, let's just have a great time! Mikoto Minagi Gay Rainbow Mikoto Minagi
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by depression76 Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:45 pm

ATTENTION ALL!!!
Breaking news!

It seems like Otakon would be twice more special to us HiME/Otome fans this year.

D'you want to know why??

Because, mortals, YUUKA NANRI herself, the voice of Yuuki Nao and Juliet Nao Zhang is confirmed to attend Otakon this year!!

THE VOICE OF ZHANG HERSELF IS COMING THIS YEAR YA HEAR??

Zhang Zhang Zhang Zhang Zhang Zhang Zhang

Get your Mai HiME/Otome merchandise ready! We're definitely going to give her a visit and let her know how many fans she has! xDD

More info here.
depression76
depression76
White Devil Worshiper
White Devil Worshiper

Bubuzuke points : 7627
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1396

http://daydreamwiththedragon.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:09 am

depression76 wrote:
ATTENTION ALL!!!
Breaking news!

It seems like Otakon would be twice more special to us HiME/Otome fans this year.

D'you want to know why??

Because, mortals, YUUKA NANRI herself, the voice of Yuuki Nao and Juliet Nao Zhang is confirmed to attend Otakon this year!!

THE VOICE OF ZHANG HERSELF IS COMING THIS YEAR YA HEAR??

Zhang Zhang Zhang Zhang Zhang Zhang Zhang

Get your Mai HiME/Otome merchandise ready! We're definitely going to give her a visit and let her know how many fans she has! xDD

More info here.

I wouldn't miss it for all the tea in CHINA.

Zhang

Pfft. ookamidesu. >:3

Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by firesphere306 Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:29 am

I was going to go to Connecticon to see Rachel Robinson (voice of Fang from Final Fantasy XIII) but I have no money for that. That will be because I will be at Otakon this year. I am going to go as Fang, Squall Fang with Lights gunblade. I actually wish I could have finished my Shizuru outfit but I don't have time to do it anymore. Maybe next year.
firesphere306
firesphere306
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Bubuzuke points : 1571
Armitage GUTS!!! : 212

Back to top Go down

Post by BMeph Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:40 am

Lucky you.

I'm just sittin' at home in San Diego, listening to everyone else talk about 'cons.... :( Wink
BMeph
BMeph
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 407
Armitage GUTS!!! : 45

Back to top Go down

Post by GhibliFreek Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:53 am

well I went to May expo this year as a moogle...was pretty awesome with my friend as a moogle too.... we got bombarded by the 13-2 cosplayers XDDDDDD
Also looking at going to October expo...but Im not sure who as yet derp.....

Also hoping to see Ali Hillis at long last, seeing as she cancelled at the last minute for the second expo in a row BU goshwoman
GhibliFreek
GhibliFreek
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Bubuzuke points : 2319
Armitage GUTS!!! : 498

https://www.youtube.com/user/Graipe?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post by ookamidesu Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:54 pm

Lol. I'll see what I can do. :3
ookamidesu
ookamidesu
Sexilicious Zhang-papa
Sexilicious Zhang-papa

Bubuzuke points : 8884
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1354

http://jnz5012.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:59 pm

GhibliFreek wrote:Also hoping to see Ali Hillis at long last, seeing as she cancelled at the last minute for the second expo in a row BU goshwoman

;_; I wanna meet Lightning too!

---

Next week is Otakon 2012! Prepare yourself for updates, news and other hilarious con moments! ;3 Courtesy of Mai-Multiverse! HiME
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

anime - Anime Convention News: Your experiences/upcoming MM con appearances! (next: New York Comic Con) - Page 11 Empty Kona's ConnectiCon 2012 Review

Post by Konaxookami Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:38 pm

So. CTcon 2012. Otherwise known to me and my friends as a combination of LineCon, CouchCon, and HolyFuckIt'sHotOutsideCon.

Anyways! Ctcon was weird for me because I spent a lot of time going in between costumes. My original line up was going to be Ryoga Hibiki, Dave Strider, and then Kaworu Nagisa. But since I screwed up Ryoga's shirt something fierce I had to scrap that and then when I could not get the Kaworu wig to work I had to switch ideas.

But anyways! Surprisingly CTcon had a formal this year on Pre reg Thursday (Badge pick up is always a good idea because literally Pre-reg line on Friday was long and disgusting and outside?!) So Pix and I had to come up with a cosplay plan. So we decided to do a Homestuck Prom!Stuck version of Jake English and Jane Crocker. As FRIEND DATES?! IT was all cool. It was a bit hot outside and the dance itself was pretty sweaty, but it was fun.

anime - Anime Convention News: Your experiences/upcoming MM con appearances! (next: New York Comic Con) - Page 11 Img_6610
Me, Pix and Adam waiting outside for the dance. Pix jus HAD to make a face.

anime - Anime Convention News: Your experiences/upcoming MM con appearances! (next: New York Comic Con) - Page 11 Img_6611
The dance itself! It was cool because there were a bunch of Homestucks and we were all dancing before everyone else, and we created a dance circle and then EVERYONE IN THE ROOM joined in and we just had this huge dance circle and then everyone was dancing because we started it! It was really cool and awesome. It got hot though, so luckily they were selling mocktails
anime - Anime Convention News: Your experiences/upcoming MM con appearances! (next: New York Comic Con) - Page 11 Img_6612
Terra enjoying her PeachApple drink. I can't remember the name of it, but I had a sip and it was pretty darn good. Then there was mine! The Samurai Cherry Blossom-cherry juice, sprite and something else that was really freaking good.
anime - Anime Convention News: Your experiences/upcoming MM con appearances! (next: New York Comic Con) - Page 11 Img_6613

But Thursday night was awesome. But Friday was the actual start of the con-so I had to get together my last minute Jake English (Normal) Cosplay. I wanted to add a little something extra so I did something really really silly and stupid. The comic, Homestuck, that Jake is from just updated with this really mid blowing flash and at the end of it all Jake plants a kiss on his best bro's decapitated head. So what did I do? I MADE DIRK'S HEAD.

anime - Anime Convention News: Your experiences/upcoming MM con appearances! (next: New York Comic Con) - Page 11 Img_6614
Silly as heck BUT EVERYONE WAS EXCITED ABOUT IT. Everyone got a good laugh out of it, and everyone asked for pictures and generally was happy about it. There were a few people saying TOO SOON but to them I Say NAY.

But Friday was a waiting sort of day. The panels weren't the coolest and we waited around for the rest of our group for a good portion of the morning. We waited with a few of our friends in the reg line which stretched outside the con center and LINECON WAS HOT AND AWFUL. t'was terrible. But back inside it was nice and cool and I got a few cool pics of some cosplayers!

anime - Anime Convention News: Your experiences/upcoming MM con appearances! (next: New York Comic Con) - Page 11 Img_6615
anime - Anime Convention News: Your experiences/upcoming MM con appearances! (next: New York Comic Con) - Page 11 Img_6616
anime - Anime Convention News: Your experiences/upcoming MM con appearances! (next: New York Comic Con) - Page 11 Img_6617
anime - Anime Convention News: Your experiences/upcoming MM con appearances! (next: New York Comic Con) - Page 11 Img_6618

After LineCon and getting the rest of the group together and ready we all hung out for a bit. But after that I went to a Homestuck panel that I will not bore you with photos of. But THEN IT WAS PHOTOSHOOT TIME. MY TIME HAD COME. Not really. But around 100 Homestucks faced the heat and went outside to take a bunch of silly photos. Here are some of me and my shenanigans.
anime - Anime Convention News: Your experiences/upcoming MM con appearances! (next: New York Comic Con) - Page 11 Img_6710
Me and TUMBLR FAMOUS Calvin being really. really. stupid. With the wig head.
anime - Anime Convention News: Your experiences/upcoming MM con appearances! (next: New York Comic Con) - Page 11 Img_6711
Someone was laying on my lap with my camera and caught this silly photo.
anime - Anime Convention News: Your experiences/upcoming MM con appearances! (next: New York Comic Con) - Page 11 Tumblr10
Then we all reenacted the update. And I got to be in a picture with two of my cosplay idols. It was incredible and mind-blowing
anime - Anime Convention News: Your experiences/upcoming MM con appearances! (next: New York Comic Con) - Page 11 Img_6810
Probably the only normal picture of myself. The Jake and Roxy picture with the daughter! (which is all rather silly) but quite nice. Quite nice indeed.

But after the photoshoot I relaxed and just walked around, and went to the Dating Game, where it was run by Marvel characters (The X-men I believe? I came into it late) and that was pretty freakin' funny. But on the way I found a jewel of cosplay. And boy was I happy about it:
anime - Anime Convention News: Your experiences/upcoming MM con appearances! (next: New York Comic Con) - Page 11 Img_6811
A Sera Myu Neptune? Yes please. Then basically five minutes later I saw a Katniss!
anime - Anime Convention News: Your experiences/upcoming MM con appearances! (next: New York Comic Con) - Page 11 Img_6812

In between all of this I went to the dealer's room and artist alley and picked up a good portion of my CTcon haul:
anime - Anime Convention News: Your experiences/upcoming MM con appearances! (next: New York Comic Con) - Page 11 Img_6813
Three art prints, the Korra School Uniform print, the GenderBent Adventure Time print, and the Homestuck one. Then two nice Hakuouki posters and a Kyoko petite nendoroid from the dealers room, and then the little star charm from my friend's artist alley booth. AND Persona 4 with the Soundtrack!

then I slept and got ready for Saturday.

Saturday is always the longest day to deal with. It was also my hottest costume and craziest schedule. I had my Dave costume with the cape and the long pants and the long shirt. So it was a hot day.But I got to the con center around 10 ish to get in line for the Jim Cummings panel. Now, if you don't know, Jim Cummings is the man behind Pooh, Tiger, Darkwing Duck, Pete, Ray the firefly, Ed the Hyena, and many, MANY other voices. And I got to watch him and listen to him talk. It was awesome.
anime - Anime Convention News: Your experiences/upcoming MM con appearances! (next: New York Comic Con) - Page 11 Img_6814
and then I waited for the autograph for a while. And I got into a great conversation with some of the people in line and drew a bit on my pad I was going to have him sign. And then he signed it, complimented my art, shook my hand and it was wonderful.
anime - Anime Convention News: Your experiences/upcoming MM con appearances! (next: New York Comic Con) - Page 11 Img_7011

After that was the next Homestuck meet up. Which was hot, but fun. I didn't take too many pictures there. Since I was getting hot and it was all quite nonsensical. But I got a few shots of my Dave costume.
anime - Anime Convention News: Your experiences/upcoming MM con appearances! (next: New York Comic Con) - Page 11 Img_6815
That's me in the cape. Yup.

After that I got hot and went back inside. And saw this adorable little scene:
anime - Anime Convention News: Your experiences/upcoming MM con appearances! (next: New York Comic Con) - Page 11 Img_6816
Loki versus Mini!Thor. It was adorable. Just-UGH

Then
anime - Anime Convention News: Your experiences/upcoming MM con appearances! (next: New York Comic Con) - Page 11 Img_6817
Gaston with all of his girls! It was great. Here's a few more
anime - Anime Convention News: Your experiences/upcoming MM con appearances! (next: New York Comic Con) - Page 11 Img_6818
anime - Anime Convention News: Your experiences/upcoming MM con appearances! (next: New York Comic Con) - Page 11 Img_6910
anime - Anime Convention News: Your experiences/upcoming MM con appearances! (next: New York Comic Con) - Page 11 Img_6911

After that I met up with one of my camp friends Katie and we bro'd it out in the dealer's room and artist alley. The I changed into a more comfortable Dave outfit and got in line for the Death Match.
Waiting was fun and when we got in we got pretty awesome seats. And derped.
anime - Anime Convention News: Your experiences/upcoming MM con appearances! (next: New York Comic Con) - Page 11 Img_6912

After Death Match, which was really incredible, we were going to get in line for the masquerade but then we saw that they were lining people up outside and that was just and big nononono, so we derped around and waited, and took some pictures:
anime - Anime Convention News: Your experiences/upcoming MM con appearances! (next: New York Comic Con) - Page 11 Img_7012
anime - Anime Convention News: Your experiences/upcoming MM con appearances! (next: New York Comic Con) - Page 11 Img_7013

Then we got into the Masquerade and we still got good seats regardless of not getting into the line.
anime - Anime Convention News: Your experiences/upcoming MM con appearances! (next: New York Comic Con) - Page 11 Img_7014
and were derps again!
The Masquerade was hosted by the Avengers, which was a hoot and we had a fake campaign for CTcon president between Skeletor and Captain America. There were shipping jokes abound, sexy jokes and some good skits! Last year I think there was a better showing for skits, but the hosts were much better this year than last year. And the Hawkeye and Black Widow kiss at the end was sexy and the Captain America and Iron Man peck and adorableness was very good at the end.

But after the Masquerade I headed home with some $1 Robin comics and called it a night.
anime - Anime Convention News: Your experiences/upcoming MM con appearances! (next: New York Comic Con) - Page 11 Img_7015

Sunday is always the chill day of the weekend, and this year I was Dipper Pines from Gravity Falls, with Pix as my Mabel.
anime - Anime Convention News: Your experiences/upcoming MM con appearances! (next: New York Comic Con) - Page 11 Img_7016
anime - Anime Convention News: Your experiences/upcoming MM con appearances! (next: New York Comic Con) - Page 11 Tumblr11

Sunday I chilled in the dealer's room for a bit and picked up my Homura Akemi figma and the Blue de Ciel doujin and a little grab bag with a Asuka Langley Soryu chibi figure but other than that I really just chilled with my friends and then went to the homestuck chill meet.
anime - Anime Convention News: Your experiences/upcoming MM con appearances! (next: New York Comic Con) - Page 11 Img_7017
But Superman and Lois Lane before that!

Then after chilling outside we all chilled out on the couches on the top floor in our annual Couch Con and relaxed before we all went home at last.
anime - Anime Convention News: Your experiences/upcoming MM con appearances! (next: New York Comic Con) - Page 11 Img_7018
anime - Anime Convention News: Your experiences/upcoming MM con appearances! (next: New York Comic Con) - Page 11 Img_7019

annnnd here was my final bit of swag from the con
anime - Anime Convention News: Your experiences/upcoming MM con appearances! (next: New York Comic Con) - Page 11 Img_7020
anime - Anime Convention News: Your experiences/upcoming MM con appearances! (next: New York Comic Con) - Page 11 Img_7021
anime - Anime Convention News: Your experiences/upcoming MM con appearances! (next: New York Comic Con) - Page 11 Img_7022

So! My final thoughts? This is always a bro-ish con where I hang out with friends. The panels weren't the best this year, but the guests and main events were pretty awesome. The lines were a bit out of hand, but this year was a transition year and the staff weren't prepared for this many people. But still! I always enjoy the con and it was a good year! So it was all good. and there were so many cosplays to see! Not so many incredible ones, but enough eye candy for me to be a happy Kona.

-end con rant-
Konaxookami
Konaxookami
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 15 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next