Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Was Natsuki Kuga REALLY a lesbian? [Mai-HiME]

+20
Wolf-of-Wind
Natsuki-chan
WorthyDrummer
Kuga Natsuki
SpiralDasher
GAP
Magus Phantalus
IlliterateKoi
Ice Silver Crystal
Mai_Tokiha
sarcastic-dog
Hohoemu
GoldenSun13
Konaxookami
raynejan
Lerena
Artemis0820
Amaya
Kino karutta-chan
Luu Sky Sapphire
24 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Natsuki - Was Natsuki Kuga REALLY a lesbian? [Mai-HiME] - Page 4 Empty Re: Was Natsuki Kuga REALLY a lesbian? [Mai-HiME]

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:41 pm

Natsuki-chan wrote:But Natsuki, being the rebel that she is, defied the norms and followed her heart. In the end, she accepted Shizuru's proclamation of love.

ShizNat

^ This. Take into consideration that Natsuki doesn't specifically have a preference (subjective!). Nor does she follow the rules of life except her own. Kuga has always gone against the grain, so it all makes sense to me.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Natsuki - Was Natsuki Kuga REALLY a lesbian? [Mai-HiME] - Page 4 Empty Re: Was Natsuki Kuga REALLY a lesbian? [Mai-HiME]

Post by Kuga Natsuki Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:50 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
Natsuki-chan wrote:But Natsuki, being the rebel that she is, defied the norms and followed her heart. In the end, she accepted Shizuru's proclamation of love.

ShizNat

^ This. Take into consideration that Natsuki doesn't specifically have a preference (subjective!). Nor does she follow the rules of life except her own. Kuga has always gone against the grain, so it all makes sense to me.
To me, Natsuki is only a lesbian for Shizuru :) Perhaps naturally Natsuki has no sexual orientation when it comes to the rest of the people in the world

And maybe she's only a straight girl to Tate in the manga Akira Okuzaki
Kuga Natsuki
Kuga Natsuki
Space Samurai Marshall Banana

Bubuzuke points : 9709
Armitage GUTS!!! : 593

http://stargazerium.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:17 pm

Nymphetamine wrote:
To me, Natsuki is only a lesbian for Shizuru :) Perhaps naturally Natsuki has no sexual orientation when it comes to the rest of the people in the world

I'd like to believe that Natsuki is Shizurusexual. xD That would be a little bonus for a ShizNat shipper such as myself. o.o
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuga Natsuki Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:21 pm

Then she most likely is a Shizurusexual XD And a Tatesexual in the manga Akira Okuzaki

Natsuki Kuga : Yeah, let's go with that!
Kuga Natsuki
Kuga Natsuki

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:56 pm

Nymphetamine wrote:Then she most likely is a Shizurusexual XD And a Tatesexual in the manga Akira Okuzaki

Natsuki Kuga : Yeah, let's go with that!

Tatesexual still feels awkward to this day. I've learned to accept it ever since starting Mai-Multiverse.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf-of-Wind Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:48 am

The fact that we can have this discussion means that Sunrise did a good job. Personally, I think that if you can have Natsuki do all the things she did in Mai-HiME and still leave this aspect of herself ambiguous, then ya did a good job! high five
The point that Natsuki doesn't treat either gender differently has already been made. Fact is that her interaction (or lack of) with both genders leaves it up to fans like us to do as we please with it. Based off her instances with Takeda, she could be straight; those with Shizuru could make one think that she is, indeed, a lesbian. Heck, you could even consider her to be bisexual and it would make sense. What's important is that she doesn't care enough for labels to actually label herself.
The best part is that if you don't agree with the large portion of the Mai-HiME's anime fan base that say she's a lesbian, you could just mosey over to the manga, where she is out-right straight. You're given every possible option, and you can't (technically) ever be incorrect!

... though, for Shizuru's sake, I personally hope she's gay c:
ShizNat2
Wolf-of-Wind
Wolf-of-Wind
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 791
Armitage GUTS!!! : 78

http://winded-wolf.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuga Natsuki Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:24 am

Wolf-of-Wind wrote:

... though, for Shizuru's sake, I personally hope she's gay c:
She is, only to Shizuru ^_^ But out in the real world, she doesn't really have a label, it seems, hence why Luu says she's Shizurusexual XDDD Makes sense, since Natsuki basically has no other interest with other people :'3
Kuga Natsuki
Kuga Natsuki

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:16 pm

Subjective, but it's true on my end. :) My most lethal defense against Takeda x Natsuki (which I'm also open to) is that Natsuki never trusted Takeda enough to tell him anything deep. She placed her deepest trust in Shizuru above everyone else at Fuuka until Mai showed up and became the 2nd ever person Natsuki could confide in. Yamada and Sakomizu aside, since they're more like informants. I am referring to deep, personal feelings that a young girl is going through.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Icemera Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:10 am

Wow. Reading these threads is almost educational. Since it's been a long time I last watched Hime, this refreshes my memories!

On my first viewing, Natsuki seemed like a straight girl to me. With her blushing, getting all embarrassed around Takeda. But, with Sunrise's 'They find happiness' bit, it confirmed that her feeling for Shizuru wasn't friendly after all. It kinda made sense since Natsuki was willing to kill herself and die with that ‘psychotic, obsessive lesbian friend of hers’. I don't think that most people would want to die with their best friend. I know I wouldn't. That would be so weird.

Now, to label her what? (Personally, I think Natsuki is too cool to care about labels).

Well, I think that she must at least be bisexual to be able to actually find that happiness Sunrise was talking about. LOL. She is rich, beautiful, cool and all that. A confident person. I don’t see any reason she has to settle for less. In this case, I mean, she could have it all, and if Shizuru wasn’t all for her, she wouldn’t just accept Shizuru out of the feeling of gratitude. Considering the depth of Shizuru's love for her, Natsuki would know that anything less than that would only hurt them both in the long run?? If an emotional bond is all it takes, Natsuki could very well be with Mai, I think.

Most importantly, a happy relationship takes two people to make it work. Surely, Shizuru wouldn’t be happy with a girlfriend who doesn’t find her physically attractive. Like holding hands while going to bed??? Uh, I don’t think so.

So yeah, I think Natsuki is at least bisexual XD (Oh, man, it took me hours to type this long post =_=)
Icemera
Icemera
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 56
Armitage GUTS!!! : 25

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:30 pm

Very nice thoughts, Icemera! I couldn't agree more even if I tried. I just want to add that Natsuki seems to have standards, even if she were bisexual. I don't think Takeda qualifies, but Shizuru does to me. Notice how she always blushes around Shizuru and not just in an embarrassed way like she does with Takeda.

Natsuki - Was Natsuki Kuga REALLY a lesbian? [Mai-HiME] - Page 4 PDVD_036
Natsuki - Was Natsuki Kuga REALLY a lesbian? [Mai-HiME] - Page 4 PDVD_231

^ These examples say to me, "I'm attracted to you."
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by PostoronnimV Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:10 am

At the beginning of the anime, I do not think Natsuki even thought about her sexual orientation... she pushed all thoughts about the relationship to the back of her mind. Her focus was completely on her revenge.
But at the end of the anime, imo, Natsuki has become Shizurusexual, at least that's what I'd like to believe =)))

For example, ep. 25, Natsuki kissed Shizuru... I do not kiss on the lips my friends and I would not have even thought of kissing someone to whom I have no attraction, friend or not.

And, of course, the aforementioned passage from the Mai-HiME Animation Book:
"Ultimately when the Battle had concluded, Natsuki again spoke affectionately to Shizuru who was graduating.
Before one is aware, happiness will visit these two..."

So for me, it had confirmed the canonness of ShizNat =)

About Takeda... I never believed, that Natsuki was interested in Takeda even a bit... And after I read "Natsuki no Prelude" for the first time, my opinion was confirmed.

Copy-paste from another topic:
Spoiler:
PostoronnimV
PostoronnimV
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 367
Armitage GUTS!!! : 120

https://www.youtube.com/user/XxPostoronnimVxX

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:34 pm

I concur on the ending of Natsuki no Prelude. That remains proof of their relationship in the series, being officially tied to the anime series and all. Why some fans still argue against it is beyond me. Would you tell me grass is yellow when it's clearly not?

Your theory that Natsuki is simply "Shizurusexual" is also a legitimate claim. When you strip Natsuki (fufufu~ Nice thought~) down, you get a character that hasn't grasped the concept of love until she met Shizuru. By episode 25, she knows what love is and sees it between Mai and Tate (like that scene when Tate and Natsuki are on the hospital. When Tate has his epiphany spaz attack, Natsuki smirks, implying that she knows how he feels about her.) So it's not like Natsuki doesn't know what love is, but it just doesn't seem to click to her when it comes to certain genders. Rather the individual.

Shizuru is a person is she not? Is she not human? That's all Natsuki needs to know. It was Shizuru's support that stole Natsuki's heart.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by PostoronnimV Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:33 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:I concur on the ending of Natsuki no Prelude. That remains proof of their relationship in the series, being officially tied to the anime series and all. Why some fans still argue against it is beyond me. Would you tell me grass is yellow when it's clearly not?

Your theory that Natsuki is simply "Shizurusexual" is also a legitimate claim. When you strip Natsuki (fufufu~ Nice thought~) down, you get a character that hasn't grasped the concept of love until she met Shizuru. By episode 25, she knows what love is and sees it between Mai and Tate (like that scene when Tate and Natsuki are on the hospital. When Tate has his epiphany spaz attack, Natsuki smirks, implying that she knows how he feels about her.) So it's not like Natsuki doesn't know what love is, but it just doesn't seem to click to her when it comes to certain genders. Rather the individual.

Shizuru is a person is she not? Is she not human? That's all Natsuki needs to know. It was Shizuru's support that stole Natsuki's heart.
I agree with you on all points, Luu... I have nothing to add!

But I forgot to add to my previous post, that, imo, Natsuki didn't kiss Shizuru to snap her out of her state... I think she kissed her, because she was overcome with feelings towards Shizuru... and for me, it is very telling ... ShizNat
PostoronnimV
PostoronnimV
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 367
Armitage GUTS!!! : 120

https://www.youtube.com/user/XxPostoronnimVxX

Back to top Go down

Post by shezaei-neko Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:22 pm

Here are my two cents in the matter.

I've been thinking about this for a while, and I feel that Natsuki Kuga could very well be a demisexual.
She doesn't find any sexual/physical attraction to any of the other characters, and the fact that she blushes depends on the situation.
Most of it is embarrassment.
Also, she's known Shizuru for a while, hence creating a bond.
That's maybe why she felt so confused. Since she didn't experienced any attraction to anyone before until she met Shizuru and that bond grew stronger.

And after a bit of search, I think she could be a Panromantic Demisexual. Meaning? She doesn't care about the gender of the other person she loves, but first she must have a deep connection with them.

And his dislike of Takeda could be because he just approached her because she was pretty; for her looks and that's it. Unlike Shizuru.
Of course Shizuru found Natsuki attractive and mysterious and that's why she approached her too, but unlike Takeda, she tried to understand Natsuki, began to create a bond, which is what was important for Natsuki.

And that's why she was able to return Shizuru's feelings by the end. cocky ShizNat

On a side note, I think that Akira could be gender fluid. devious

shezaei-neko
shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Bubuzuke points : 4088
Armitage GUTS!!! : 756

http://shezaei-neko.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:45 pm

shezaei-neko wrote:
On a side note, I think that Akira could be gender fluid.  devious  

Same goes for Takumi. He was turned on by Akira-kun before the big "You know my secret. Now you must DIE!" reveal. Your boobs are grande sized, Miss Okuzaki! You cannot hide them forever~

On the subject of Natsuki Kuga, you may be right about the demisexual theory. As we mentioned here and on the podcast, there seems to be a lack of attraction to both genders. For the most part. I argued that her blushing is at it's highest peak around other girls. You say it's further embarrassment, seeing how Shizuru always puts her on spot. Whatever the case may be for her, she developed a bond with Shizuru before the events of the show even started.

COMPLETELY 100% AGREE WITH THE NOTION OF TAKEDA LIKING NATSUKI FOR SUPERFICIAL REASONS! To him, Natsuki was just a girl he wanted to bang, prison shank, etc. He just couldn't bring himself to start, nor hold a coherent conversation with her about anything beyond the weather. When he constantly brings up his need to train extensively, I can't help but agree. All the training in the world won't play catch up with Shizuru, who by that point had developed a secret bond of trust with Natsuki.

Here are shots from episode III. In this scene alone, ShizNat already share the following:

Natsuki - Was Natsuki Kuga REALLY a lesbian? [Mai-HiME] - Page 4 PDVD_213
Cooperation.

Natsuki - Was Natsuki Kuga REALLY a lesbian? [Mai-HiME] - Page 4 PDVD_214
Trust.

Natsuki - Was Natsuki Kuga REALLY a lesbian? [Mai-HiME] - Page 4 PDVD_235
Dirty humor.

Natsuki - Was Natsuki Kuga REALLY a lesbian? [Mai-HiME] - Page 4 PDVD_243
Concern.

And this is just the third episode. Some newer fans believe the template for ShizNat was created in the Carnival arc. Nnnnnnnnope. Long before that if you were paying attention. Viola
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by GAP Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:30 am

Do you think guys think that Natsuki could bisexual? OR at least exploring?
GAP
GAP
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 429
Armitage GUTS!!! : 126

Back to top Go down

Post by Break String SpinElf Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:53 am

My two-penn'orth.

First of all, what struck me about Natsuki was, of course, her initially being (Shizuru apart) something of a loner. I don't think this has any bearing on her sexuality as it's more of a mask she wears: the air of unapproachability & imperiousness that she cultivates is more a defensive mechanism, aimed at deterring anyone from getting too close to her. It is, of course, a mask she wears, with her almost androgynous outer persona masking her inner life which presents a more feminine side.

Primarily, in my opinion, this is due to her circumstances: she's conducting research into the plans of the First District with the aim of potentially inserting a spanner into the works. This is a dangerous game - she herself missed a year's schooling and her mother was killed after crossing them. As such, any intimate relationships that Natsuki might've developed would give First District leverage and put Natsuki's friends or lovers in immediate peril. Thus her primary motivation for intimacy avoidance is most likely, in my view, to be cold, hard pragmatism.

She's also very goal-orientated, which could signify that she has put off matters of romance simply as they are not an immediate priority for her as the Carnival is about to begin.

With regards to her sexuality, maybe she doesn't initially have a marked preference either way. The events of Natsuki no Prelude, in which she leaves a letter for Takeda rejecting his suit, would seem to support this. However, it is more likely in my view that this is more of a courtesy: despite his inability to spit it out, much to her chagrin it must be said, Natsuki is aware that he holds a candle for her.

Her choice of Shizuru as the recipient of her ardour is perhaps more to do with their already having shared some intimacy. Natsuki appreciates her for being such a dear friend ("The student council president's access to the school's intranet is very much more higher than of a normal student" - :3), thus, combined with Shizuru's obvious passion for Natsuki, makes Shizuru the ideal choice with whom Natsuki can explore her romantic feelings. Obviously, with her deep-seated trust issues, it's likely that it'd take time for Natsuki to fully open up, but I get the impression that Shizuru would wait until doomsday for her. In addition, I suspect that Natsuki's more tender attitude towards Shizuru goes back some time before the series: Natsuki no Prelude presents her as manifesting her HiME powers early on, which presupposes the existence of a Most Valuable Person. In the absence of any other potential candidates, this must surely be Shizuru.

Hope that makes sense, which would be a refreshing change for me.

Edit: apart from any underlying sexual orientation or preference which Natsuki might display, could her father's indecent haste to tootle off with another woman whilst Natsuki was still in the care of the hospital not also be a factor? It would certainly seem to make her more inclined to trust members of her own sex as such an abandonment could easily lead to a lowering of her opinion of males in general (perhaps a notional abandonment by her father may also be at play in Nao's psyche?).

Last edited by Break String SpinElf on Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:50 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Added the bit at the bottom marked "Edit.")
Break String SpinElf
Break String SpinElf
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 976
Armitage GUTS!!! : 103

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:50 pm

Break String SpinElf wrote:
I suspect that Natsuki's more tender attitude towards Shizuru goes back some time before the series: Natsuki no Prelude presents her as manifesting her HiME powers early on, which presupposes the existence of a Most Valuable Person. In the absence of any other potential candidates, this must surely be Shizuru.

If that was true in the early going of Natsuki no Prelude, then Natsuki herself wasn't fully aware of it. We're meant to think that Natsuki is the only "untouchable" HiME because there's no one she truly loves. Added insurance policy for her and Duran, thanks to her deceased mother (as cruel as that sounds. But Saeko was no angel, either!)

Still stand by the notion of subconscious attachment and 100% trust in Shizuru Fujino before Mai entered the fray. Natsuki was just too damn focused on her objective to consider anything MIP; even post-Nagi Carnival announcement.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Break String SpinElf Sun Sep 11, 2016 3:10 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:If that was true in the early going of Natsuki no Prelude, then Natsuki herself wasn't fully aware of it. We're meant to think that Natsuki is the only "untouchable" HiME because there's no one she truly loves. Added insurance policy for her and Duran, thanks to her deceased mother (as cruel as that sounds. But Saeko was no angel, either!)

Still stand by the notion of subconscious attachment and 100% trust in Shizuru Fujino before Mai entered the fray. Natsuki was just too damn focused on her objective to consider anything MIP; even post-Nagi Carnival announcement.
Agree wholeheartedly. Shizuru is the one who pretty much turned her life around so Natsuki feels massive appreciation regardless of whether or not she would admit so - even to herself.
Break String SpinElf
Break String SpinElf
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 976
Armitage GUTS!!! : 103

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:15 pm

Break String SpinElf wrote:
Agree wholeheartedly. Shizuru is the one who pretty much turned her life around so Natsuki feels massive appreciation regardless of whether or not she would admit so - even to herself.

I think as sharp as Natsuki is, she's oblivious to the most basic things. If she even has a gaydar, she couldn't detect any waves coming from Shizuru. Even though she gives her these looks:

Natsuki - Was Natsuki Kuga REALLY a lesbian? [Mai-HiME] - Page 4 PDVD_096
Natsuki - Was Natsuki Kuga REALLY a lesbian? [Mai-HiME] - Page 4 PDVD_097

cocky : TOO BUSY TO NOTICE THE GAY.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by GAP Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:37 pm

Natsuki misses out on a lot of things but then again, Natsuki is socially awkward to anything that isn't defeating the First District.
GAP
GAP
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:08 am

GAP wrote:Natsuki misses out on a lot of things but then again, Natsuki is socially awkward to anything that isn't defeating the First District.

Right you are, GAP. Just goes to show how out of touch she is with the concept of a normal life. But when those moments arise, like Mia's birthday, Midori's karaoke party, etc., she looks like she's having the time of her life. Suffice it to say, these moments were so far and few between.

Natsuki - Was Natsuki Kuga REALLY a lesbian? [Mai-HiME] - Page 4 PDVD_016

Girl's on a mission. dawn
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by GAP Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:29 pm

Indeed. Natsuki is socially awkward person who is essentially a child solider on a mission.
GAP
GAP
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:37 pm

GAP wrote:Indeed. Natsuki is socially awkward person who is essentially a child solider on a mission.

Think I wouldn't say child soldier. Granted, she love cuddly stuffed animals and video games...but beyond her personal enjoyment and hobbies, the girl is mature as they come. Just don't place her in awkward situations with Midori and Takeda. XD
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4