Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Death Note anyone?

4 posters

Go down

Death Note anyone? Empty Death Note anyone?

Post by SpiderNeKoHiME Wed May 19, 2010 10:29 am

i think it's a great anime! epic!!! the biggest game of wits in any series! My favorite character is Misa.

Death Note anyone? Misa

fans? -glares at you all-
SpiderNeKoHiME
SpiderNeKoHiME
Spider Queen
Spider Queen

Bubuzuke points : 1353
Armitage GUTS!!! : 278

Back to top Go down

Death Note anyone? Empty Re: Death Note anyone?

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed May 19, 2010 10:39 pm

XD How dare you.

I never got into Death Note. I know you, Mitchie and Alison love the series. Just not my thing, although there are some clever episodes. I do enjoy a battle of wits.

Oh and Misa is a cutie. Even though I'm not a fan, I did purchase a plush of her. I'm a hypocrite. Yay. ^_^
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kino karutta-chan Thu May 20, 2010 9:53 am

I have no idea, why so many people like this anime / manga so much ~.~ Yes, I have watched the anime (+the movie) and it was nice, but not much more. I know what would happen in the end. I think, it's sad, that the good ones won again. It would have been great, if Light would have win.
I won't watch the anime again and I won't read the manga~

Misa Misa IS annoying, but I liked her in some episodes ;P
Kino karutta-chan
Kino karutta-chan
Eyes Set to Kk-chan ö.ö
Eyes Set to Kk-chan ö.ö

Bubuzuke points : 7047
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1556

http://kinokarutta-chan.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMikoto Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:43 pm

Here are my personal/true thoughts on Death Note.

The anime is great, among many other cult-following anime. It's one of the, if not MOST POPULAR anime around. I think it's literally number 1 or at least top 5 to top 10 on MAL by itself.

It's got everything that is good. From a suck-you-in story, to a sense of thrill (which originates with Episode 2 during the time L tricked Light into killing off an imposter L.)

However, I'm personally not into the theme of it. Not interested at all in the Police Academy, Criminology, Law, etc. If this was more geared toward a martial arts genre or magic/magical girl genre, this would really be a great anime to me. It did have one strong-point to it that makes it good though, and that's the battle between the good and the evil side, even though it's up for grabs which side delivered more concrete justice.

Death Note did provide a lot of emotion in it for me I must admit. Light's death brought me to so many tears I was literally swimming in them. It was indeed sad, but at the same time, it was sad in two ways. Sad for his motive to bring more peace to the world being put to an end, but also sad due to the idea that the man was completely insane. It's not that he was an insane genius from the beginning... but because harnessing that much power into ones hand, being human, and then claiming to be a god because of that power, who would not become a little crazy with that much control over the lives of the world?

I think, for me, Death Note is easily an 8/10. But it's not a 10/10 to me like all my classic favorites. But it's really good. As well, Death Note had a better first half than final half I should add. The Rival-ship between Light and Near was not as strong as it was with Light and L.
ShadowMikoto
ShadowMikoto
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 537
Armitage GUTS!!! : 82

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down