Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Fushigi Yuugi Thread

5 posters

Go down

The Official Fushigi Yuugi Thread Empty The Official Fushigi Yuugi Thread

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sat May 08, 2010 1:34 pm

The Official Fushigi Yuugi Thread Fushigiyuugi1

Yuu Watase's legendary series about a girl named Miaka and her journey into the "Universe of the Four Gods". Her life would never become the same again, especially when she meets Suzaku Seven and becomes the Priestess of Suzaku.

This is my 2nd favorite anime/manga series. Below Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon and above Noir. There's a perfect blend of comedy, drama, romance, action, everything. The characters are all memorable and play an important role. The series focuses on the love between Miaka and Tamahome, which isn't an easy one. That's what I enjoy more about Miaka and Tamahome than say Usagi and Mamoru. Their love had to go through unimaginable amounts of pain and sacrifice. Yet they still want to hold onto to each other, no matter what was going on. Sailor Moon can easily fix any situation, Miaka can't. Tamahome is a loyal and dedicated guy and I gotta respect him for that. Props dude.

My favorite character from the series is easily Nuriko:

The Official Fushigi Yuugi Thread PDVD_003

Sure, the fans (most of them...) hated him at first. Things quickly changed as Nuriko became a lovable and funny character. His super strength ability is very impressive as well. ^_- Next to Fisheye from Sailor Moon, he's gotta be the most beautiful guy I've ever seen! XD Not that I'm into other guys (bishonen...ewww), but damn! o.o Very convincing job.

Once episode 33 rolled around, I was personally devastated. Feeling a deep sense of loss. (those who've seen the series know what I'm talking about.) If you meet anyone who says "Bah, they're just cartoon characters" slap that person. We relate to these characters and anything that happens to them affects us.

So, anyone had the privilege of watching/reading Yuu Watase's greatest epic? Perhaps you've ran into the prequel, Genbu Kaiden? ^_^ Discuss it all!
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

The Official Fushigi Yuugi Thread Empty Re: The Official Fushigi Yuugi Thread

Post by Kino karutta-chan Sun May 09, 2010 11:43 am

There are people who hated Nuriko?? o_O I liked him from the start. His twist with Miaka was so funny and he has a great character ^_^ So yeah, he is my favourite character, too ;P But I have another favourite, too: Soi <3 Actually I haven't a real idea why I like her so much, I just do :3

And don't know the anime, but I read the manga. I heared, that the anime isn't this good as the manga is ;P Well, Fushigi Yuugi isn't my favourite by Yuu Watase, but it was the first manga I have read by her and I still like it ;D

I tried to read Genbu Kaiden some years ago, but hadn't the stamina, no idea why. Actually I don't read mangas by Yuu Watase anymore (except the ones which stands in my rack), because I think the mangas gets worse and worse :/

Just wondered, if the story with Taka is in the anime, too??
Kino karutta-chan
Kino karutta-chan
Eyes Set to Kk-chan ö.ö
Eyes Set to Kk-chan ö.ö

Bubuzuke points : 7047
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1556

http://kinokarutta-chan.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by SpiderNeKoHiME Thu May 20, 2010 10:42 am

fushigi yugi is so awesome!!! yuu-sama art inspired me in art school. i love tasuki! my earliest anime crush, hes so funny and cute! :3 fire! fire! fire!!!!
SpiderNeKoHiME
SpiderNeKoHiME
Spider Queen
Spider Queen

Bubuzuke points : 1353
Armitage GUTS!!! : 278

Back to top Go down

Post by iRenji0713 Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:38 am

SpiderNeKoHiME wrote:fushigi yugi is so awesome!!! yuu-sama art inspired me in art school. i love tasuki! my earliest anime crush, hes so funny and cute! :3 fire! fire! fire!!!!
Reviving thread again, I just have to say that this anime's ending sequence inspired me to pursue art as my only talent. Wink
iRenji0713
iRenji0713
炎髪灼眼の討ち手
炎髪灼眼の討ち手

Bubuzuke points : 404
Armitage GUTS!!! : 168

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:06 pm

iRenji0713 wrote:Reviving thread again, I just have to say that this anime's ending sequence inspired me to pursue art as my only talent. Wink

:) Had I contained any percentage of artist in me, I would gladly say Yuu Watase's greatest series (along with Naoko Takeuchi's) were my inspiration~

Who was your favorite character from Fushigi Yuugi, if you remember? ;p
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by iRenji0713 Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:04 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
:) Had I contained any percentage of artist in me, I would gladly say Yuu Watase's greatest series (along with Naoko Takeuchi's) were my inspiration~

Who was your favorite character from Fushigi Yuugi, if you remember? ;p
Of course, none other than, Hotohori-sama. xD
He's handsome, he's also pretty, he's a capable fighter, he will protect the one he loves no matter what, oh, and did I mention he's pretty? Wink

His dedication to Miaka was pretty touching.. :'(
What I remember him for though, is being the person to whom Nuriko is "infatuated with". xDD
iRenji0713
iRenji0713
炎髪灼眼の討ち手
炎髪灼眼の討ち手

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:52 pm

iRenji0713 wrote:Of course, none other than, Hotohori-sama. xD
He's handsome, he's also pretty, he's a capable fighter, he will protect the one he loves no matter what, oh, and did I mention he's pretty? Wink

His dedication to Miaka was pretty touching.. :'(
What I remember him for though, is being the person to whom Nuriko is "infatuated with". xDD

XDD Nuriko had the total hots for him, even after disconnecting from his past (NUUUUU! SUCH BEAUTIFUL HAIR GONE TO WASTE!!!). I feel they could of been a great couple too, probably the only yaoi couple I can actually fanboy over! XD Unfortunately Hotohori's heterosexuality is just as strong as mine.

Nevertheless, he was an intense character both in battle and in love. Miaka was the girl of legend he dreamed of his entire life, someone that can see him as more than just the Emperor. He is much deeper in character than Tamahome; though I can't tear Tamahome and Miaka apart since they're perfect together.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by iRenji0713 Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:52 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
(NUUUUU! SUCH BEAUTIFUL HAIR GONE TO WASTE!!!)
The same reaction I had when I first saw that scene. xD

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
Nevertheless, he was an intense character both in battle and in love. Miaka was the girl of legend he dreamed of his entire life, someone that can see him as more than just the Emperor. He is much deeper in character than Tamahome; though I can't tear Tamahome and Miaka apart since they're perfect together.
Indeed. Tamahome and Miaka's love has transcended even the world of the book, and it proves that they were truly destined to be with each other no matter what. :)
iRenji0713
iRenji0713
炎髪灼眼の討ち手
炎髪灼眼の討ち手

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:18 pm

bump

Yuu Watase Launches Fushigi Yūgi Byakko-hen Manga on August 28

The Official Fushigi Yuugi Thread A1839710

The wraparound jacket band on the one compiled volume of Yuu Watase's Kiri Samurai manga revealed on Monday that Watase will launch the Fushigi Yūgi Byakko-hen (Fushigi Yūgi Byakko Chapter) manga starting in the October issue of Shogakukan's Monthly Flowers magazine, which will ship on August 28. Future issues of Monthly Flowers will reveal more details about the new manga.

Watase had revealed in August that she planned to launch "Byakko-hen" sometime in 2017.

Watase published a 51-page one-shot manga titled Fushigi Yūgi: Byakko Ibun (Fushigi Yugi: Curious Tales of the Byakko, pictured at right) in Monthly Flowers in February 2015.

Watase ran the original Fushigi Yûgi manga in Shogakukan's Shōjo Comic (Sho-Comi) magazine from 1992 to 1996, and Shogakukan published 18 compiled book volumes. She then drew Fushigi Yûgi: Genbu Kaiden from 2003 to 2013. Viz Media published both of these earlier manga and other works by Watase in North America.

The original manga inspired a 52-episode television anime series in 1995-1996. The manga also inspired three original video anime series. Geneon Entertainment first released the television series and three OVAs in North America. Media Blasters later re-released the television series on DVD in 2012-2013, and again in 2015. Media Blasters also released the three OVA series on DVD in 2013.

Crunchyroll began streaming the television series and three OVAs in February 2016.

Fushigi Yûgi has also inspired three stage play productions, as well as a stage musical, the latter of which ran in April 2016.

Source: Animenewsnetwork
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Akamanto Wed May 03, 2017 5:57 pm

I remember reading this when I was in high school! It was one of my first introductions to anime and manga outside of the ones on kids' TV, like Sailor Moon and Digimon, and it was the one that got me hooked on the medium.

Time to re-read my collection in preparation! ✺◟( ≧ ω ≦ )◞✺
Akamanto
Akamanto
HiME Ranger
HiME Ranger

Bubuzuke points : 202
Armitage GUTS!!! : 49

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed May 03, 2017 10:40 pm

Akamanto wrote:I remember reading this when I was in high school! It was one of my first introductions to anime and manga outside of the ones on kids' TV, like Sailor Moon and Digimon, and it was the one that got me hooked on the medium.

Time to re-read my collection in preparation! ✺◟( ≧ ω ≦ )◞✺

Please do! It's such a timeless classic in not only shoujo, but anime in general. Happy Fushigi Yuugi needs to be picked up by the major anime distributing companies again. It deserves a Blu-Ray release! From the original series, all the way to Eikoden.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Akamanto Thu May 04, 2017 12:26 pm

I remember being super attached to Yui when I first read it... And when I first watched Mai-HiME, I was most attached to Shizuru (although I've grown into a Natsuki preference over the years). I definitely had a type, huh. (´。• ᵕ •。`);;

What I remembered most about this was definitely the art and the setting. Fushigi Yugi is an appropriate name for both aspects, since both feel very fairytale-like. Now that I'm rereading it, I'm also appreciating the characters a lot more (especially Hotohori). It's holding up to my nostalgia surprisingly well.

The chibis are super cute, too.   ┬┴┬┴┤・ω・)
Akamanto
Akamanto
HiME Ranger
HiME Ranger

Bubuzuke points : 202
Armitage GUTS!!! : 49

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down