Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LIGHTS! CAMERA! MUSIC! The Musical Theatre thread

+2
Konaxookami
Luu Sky Sapphire
6 posters

Go down

LIGHTS! CAMERA! MUSIC! The Musical Theatre thread Empty LIGHTS! CAMERA! MUSIC! The Musical Theatre thread

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:57 pm

The Mai-Multiverse Musical Theatre Discussion thread.

LIGHTS! CAMERA! MUSIC! The Musical Theatre thread Wicked10

LIGHTS! CAMERA! MUSIC! The Musical Theatre thread Rent10

LIGHTS! CAMERA! MUSIC! The Musical Theatre thread 13302610

LIGHTS! CAMERA! MUSIC! The Musical Theatre thread Oscar_10

The thread where you can discuss performance art, musicals from a movie or show, your local school performances, and even BROADWAY SHOWS!!!!!! Share your love for theater and all the music that was cultivated from your favorite musicals. Whether it's local, Broadway, International, discuss it all!

I'm not a big follower of musicals or theater, I mainly did this thread for our members who have strongly hinted their love for musicals here and there. Though I do respect the hard work is takes to pull them off. The moment I saw Kate Capshaw's performance of Anything Goes in my all-time favorite film, Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, my interest-spark lit up for musicals:

Disney animated films in the 90s, made their musical numbers more grand than they ever were in the past. So much that it inspired many Broadway versions, most notably The Lion King, a popular favorite. Movie-wise, I was always fond of The Rocky Horror Picture Show, it was bizarre and the music was AWESOME. The recent Mamma Mia film was a cheese fest, but being an ABBA fanatic, I loved it anyway. Hmm, it has been years since I've seen West Side Story. Don't remember it too well, it was something our music teacher showed us in Middle School.

We also have 'Rent' another popular favorite with everyone around me. I can just hear the sound of KYAAAAAAA from my best friend. She loves musical and the movie to death. Perhaps the most popular musical that my musical friends are always gaga for is 'Wicked', a Wizard of Oz story. Idina Menzel, anyone? That woman is not only talented, she's very beautiful.

On the International scene, we have Midori-sama's favorite, Takarazuka. The all-female musical theater troupe. Thanks to my darling, I've seen some of the best shows ever. Takarazuka is very diverse with their shows. The theme of each shiw could be anything! From anime/manga, to American History, to classic Shakespearean theater/literature.

---

So feel free to discuss!

Hmm, I feel like I forgot to plug something else...

LIGHTS! CAMERA! MUSIC! The Musical Theatre thread Glee-110

Oh yeeeeah. ;p I loved their Rocky Horror Picture Show rendition of 'Time Warp'.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

LIGHTS! CAMERA! MUSIC! The Musical Theatre thread Empty Re: LIGHTS! CAMERA! MUSIC! The Musical Theatre thread

Post by Konaxookami Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:51 pm

Oh God Luu I think I love you. -tear-

Where to start?!?! There's so much to talk about! I guess I'll start with stuff I've been a part of-ridiculous or not.

We'll start with "It's a Bird, It's a Plane, It's Superman". This was such a gimmicky show-I'll freely admit the only reason that most people came to see it on our stage was because Superman was flown. The plot was horrid-and one of the worst endings I've known ever. "Superman! There's a nuclear missile headed for the city!" "I'll go stop it!" and then he's back thirty seconds later for the final number. Definitely not a good ending. The characters that were used were interesting-no well known villians-just a washed up scientist who's lost for the nobel prize one too many times and has gone loopy, an attention hog reporter with a thing for Lois, and his whiny assistant who ends up dating Clark Kent. The music was alright-but nothing special. Catchy enough to get stuck in your head though. My favorite was always "You've Got Possibilities" and "Woman for the Man" the first because it's quite funny to me, and the second because my buddies who played Max made that song amazing. All in all it was a gimmick-but a funny gimmick. Not worth more than what people paid for a high school show though. LIGHTS! CAMERA! MUSIC! The Musical Theatre thread 5195N59CPKL._SL500_AA300_

Guys & Dolls is next I guess. This was a better show. The plot wasn't much better-a bet to win some money for a crap game, a fiancee who just wants to get married, and a mission band about to be shut down. It was the characters that drove this show. It's all about the over the top pair of grunts who follow Nathan the crap game runner around, and Nathan and his fiancee Adelaide, and Sky and Sarah. They all have great songs and moments. Not to mention the hotbox dancers flashing leg and eye candy left and right. The dance numbers are fun and the boys in our cast loved their chance to shine in Crapshooter's ballet and then 'Luck Be a Lady' but my favorite number was 'Sit down you're Rockin' the Boat' that was the mission band's time to shine-and being a part of the mission band it was my favorite number. Still-the '92 revival is the best version because the woman were stronger-and I feel that it was just a better show than the original. Still-this is a good show, it has it's flaws but it's infinitely better than Superman. xDLIGHTS! CAMERA! MUSIC! The Musical Theatre thread 6a00d8345212eb69e20105362f174c970b-800wi

Since 'The Drowsy Chaperone' hasn't been shown yet, I'll wait until the production finishes to talk about it. x3 So onto some other great musicals I adore.

Spring Awakening. Edgy rock music about sexually repressed pre ww1 german teenagers. What can be better? There's so much to love about the show-there's the different stories to be told-Moritz who is so haunted by his wet dreams that he is having trouble in school, the worldly Melchior who is taunted by his urges towards the Innocent Wendla who just wants to know where children come from xD But other than those three, theres Marta and Ilsa's story of abuse to be told, and Hanschen and Ernst's tale of a forbidden love (Hello boys xD). Based of Frank Wedeken's play of the same title-it's very much taboo to most people. It talks about masturbation "Touch Me"/"My Junk" is a song totally devoted to it (this is after teh boys talk about the problem of wet dreams in "Bitch of Living") and abuse both physical and sexual in "Dark I Know Well" (Later accompanied by Melchoir beating Wendla on the ass with a stick at her pleading to know what it feels like to be abused). Then there's the famous sex scene where Melchior finally loses it and forces himself onto Wendla, convincing her to have sex with him without her knowing the consequences. Hello to a boob flash and some lovely ass flashing on the male side ("I believe") and the suicide of Moritz after failing out of school. Then Melchoir's expulsion out of school in "Totally F*cked" and being sent away before learning of Wendla's pregnancy.
The drama reaches it's high point in the second act after Melchior is sent away-and from that point all the songs are hauntingly beautiful and striking. The show ends in a optimistic note despite all the dreadful things that happen. 'Song of Purple Summer" speaks of days to come and to look forward. The whole production is just different. Worthy of it's 'Best Musical' Tony it's concept is great. In our rooms out of everyone's view we are all rock stars-and these songs are moments frozen in time where the cast members pull out hand held mics and rock out-jumping around and freaking out like every does with a hairbrush at one point in their life. The set fits this-not real scenery pieces besides the chairs a desk and the rising platform that is suspended midair. It's gotten 8 Tonys. EIGHT. I can't say much bad about this musical unless you're really squeamish about the issues it tackles. If you ever get the chance to see I would, or look up the music on Youtube. (Movie version is coming out soon! Which is awesome!) LIGHTS! CAMERA! MUSIC! The Musical Theatre thread Spring300

There are a lot more-like Bare the Pop Opera, Next To Normal, and American Idiot, but I don't have the time to do those justice. Other favorites that I know people have heard of are Wicked, Phantom, and Les Mis. These are all just the ones I've seen-I've got plenty more I like and want to see-but haven't had the time yet.

But I'll end my ranting here. x3
Konaxookami
Konaxookami
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Bubuzuke points : 2209
Armitage GUTS!!! : 803
Location : Somewhere between the Furthest Ring and the Hall of Justice

Back to top Go down

LIGHTS! CAMERA! MUSIC! The Musical Theatre thread Empty Re: LIGHTS! CAMERA! MUSIC! The Musical Theatre thread

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:39 pm

*wipes your tear* You can join me and Midori-sama in the bedroom later, right now it's discussion timez!

:D I'm quite interested in this line up of yours, Kona-chan. My friend Mitchie agrees with you about 'It's a Bird, It's a Plane, It's Superman'. She said it's horrible, but loves it anyway. ((I used to date her, trust me, she LOVES cheesy things.)) I'd like to go for the more edgier shows like Spring Awakening. Not saying I'm tired of the 'feel good' family musicals, it's just that if I'm going to be sucked into the void of theater, then I'd like to see something twisted. Speaking of which, has anyone seen this:

http://www.repo-opera.com/

Repo! The Genetic Opera. ^^; I saw the trailer for years on one of my Saw DVDs and I never got to see it yet. Before I finally rent the damn thing, I'd like to know if anyone here has seen it. Looks pretty intense, and probably the only movie where Paris Hilton could actually do something right. o_o
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Konaxookami Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:22 pm

If you like edgy stuff you'd probably like American Idiot too-flashy lighting effects, loud music, an actual storyline and plot that makes sense somehow and works through the music and sex, drugs, and all the other good stuff that goes with Green Day. Some people call it a sell out, but god I loved it-some of these songs needed to be made into theater arranged songs-and they work so well. Went to see it with my friend for her birthday and I'm glad I did. It was amazing.

I haven't heard of Repo! yet. Sounds loud o-o and interesting. I'll definately have to check it out later. I like cheesy musicals too I'll admit it. I've seen Beauty and Beast, Lion King, Peter Pan and the like. If Disney made it and it made it to Broadway, I probably saw it. (Besides Tarzan and The Little Mermaid. Damn it >> ) Family musicals are fun in their own way-they're feel good. Granted, I'm a big fan of not so feel good musicals xD N2N (Next To Normal) doesn't end very very happily, even if the characters all end up optimistic for the future. Les Mis is well...yeah we won't even go there for tragedy. Phantom is pretty bad too. xD RENT actually ends well, and so does Wicked in a way-but I can't think of many musicals that I adore that have such happy endings for everyone. x3 My mom hates sad musicals, so she hates going to my depressing shows. xD I AM making her watch N2N when it comes on tour here because she NEEDS to see Alice Ripley sing because my god that woman is so GOOD for her part.
Konaxookami
Konaxookami
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:39 pm

So awesome, do you happen to have good clips to share from American Idiot? I wanna see! *bounce*

I was THIS close to seeing The Little Mermaid once. >_> My gf at the time was too sick to continue wandering around NYC and needed to rest. I would of loved to see it, especially after seeing backstage snippets on the Disney Channel. YES I WATCH DISNEY CHANNEL! KISS MY ASS! I NEED TO SATISFY MY DEMI LOVATO LOVE! And that cute girl from Suite Life...Debby Ryan I think her name is.

I've seen a few downbeat musicals on video in the past, I actually prefer them. When I think of anything theater, my brain immediately brings up 'Shakespearean tragedy'. It's beautiful to watch something depressing in any sort of theater, ballet included. Gives me a sense of reality, and reality sucks enough as it is. Might as well watch it unfold, rather than be part of it. XD You know what I mean.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Konaxookami Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:49 pm

xDD Calm yourself Luu! There aren't that many clips of it that are from the actual show-you could try watching it on Youtube-I think it's all up there-but at the Tony's they proformed the opening number-and it gave me chills when I saw it- Here's a vid of that:

And then Holiday:
They sound a lot more powerful in the recording and live-on TV it's a bit harder to get the sound that you get when you're really there xD

I seem to see a lot of depressing shows too Luu, and I know what you mean. N2N was just downright depressing at most times. And I love Shakespeare's tragedies, or rather, I enjoy parodying them in English class and at Drama Club >>; But Stuff that shows the realities of life really speaks to me-and I was almost part of a play that did just that- 'Dog Sees God' is a teenage version of Peanuts that is seriously screwed up-and I was almost cast as Beethoven the once beloved piano player turned outcast because of his father's sexual abuse. He and Charlie Brown end up together in a weird way and in the end Beethoven commits suicide because of some serious crap-but I really wanted to do it just because it was such a REAL play and really movign in it's own way. (Besides that, who wouldn't want to play a character who gets to make out with the main character? Honestly none of the boys had the guts to-so I was tapped for the role even though it never went through xD Damn school rules...) So sows that show what life is really like are great-and even if they're uncomfortable like the last play I did 'All Out!', they need to be done to show what's really going on and how life really is.
Konaxookami
Konaxookami
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by WolvenBane08 Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:14 pm

Soooo...my parents and I drove out to San Antonio yesterday to see Wicked, and I managed to talk them into a Backstage tour. Nessarose (Michell London) and Boq (Zach Hannah) gave the tour (Nessa is fucking ADORABLE!), and I had loads of fun in general.
(We even stopped by Buc-ee's on the way there and back! Happy Jenna is happy!)

Me with Boq (Zach Hannah):
LIGHTS! CAMERA! MUSIC! The Musical Theatre thread Imag0010

Me with Elphaba (Anne Brummel):
LIGHTS! CAMERA! MUSIC! The Musical Theatre thread Imag0011

Other random pics that showcase how terrible my mom is at using her cell phone as a camera:
LIGHTS! CAMERA! MUSIC! The Musical Theatre thread Imag0014
LIGHTS! CAMERA! MUSIC! The Musical Theatre thread Imag0015
LIGHTS! CAMERA! MUSIC! The Musical Theatre thread Imag0016
LIGHTS! CAMERA! MUSIC! The Musical Theatre thread Imag0017

Pics I took of the Majestic Theater in San Antonio, Texas (they just don't make theater's like this anymore. It's a work of art in its own right, and these pics don't do it justice.):
Waiting in the Lobby for them to open the doors.
LIGHTS! CAMERA! MUSIC! The Musical Theatre thread 02261110

Looking up at the balcony in the Atrium. You can kinda see the detailing.
LIGHTS! CAMERA! MUSIC! The Musical Theatre thread 02261111

The stage. You can sorta see the Time Dragon. Scared the shit outta my mom when it started moving.
LIGHTS! CAMERA! MUSIC! The Musical Theatre thread 02261112

A pic my dad took of the screen with his camera. (It's blurry because he was rushing to take it, what with it being illegal to take pics and all....)
LIGHTS! CAMERA! MUSIC! The Musical Theatre thread 2011-012

Buc-ee's! (Fumi I love that place!)
LIGHTS! CAMERA! MUSIC! The Musical Theatre thread 2011-013
WolvenBane08
WolvenBane08
Shizuru Fujino-Mama a.k.a. The Viola-tor
Shizuru Fujino-Mama a.k.a. The Viola-tor

Bubuzuke points : 950
Armitage GUTS!!! : 285

http://wolvenbane08.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Acid Raw Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:26 pm

Love the new pics of you Bane, you look very different from ur avatar pic
Acid Raw
Acid Raw
Mai's Sugar Daddy
Mai's Sugar Daddy

Bubuzuke points : 208
Armitage GUTS!!! : 81

http://www.acidraw.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by GhibliFreek Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:01 am

Ah, Im such a huge fan of Musical's, its just a shame I havent been able to see more >.<

Well I have seen Repo! with a friend, we rented it out a while ago. It is amazing, and of course there are a number of songs that will stick in your head for years to come....the main one being Zydrate >w<

Two years ago I went to see The Rocky Horror Picture Show with mum, And and Catherine (we of course went in costume) and it was such an amazing night, what with us being die hard fans and all that Razz The audience participation makes it all that more amusing to watch as well :D

And last year for my birthday my mum took me to see Wicked, and I fell in love XD My mum had seen it about a year beforehand (lucky cow XD) and had spammed me relentlessly with the songs which were breathtaking on their own, but seeing it on stage was a whole new experience and was astounding for me X3
GhibliFreek
GhibliFreek
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Bubuzuke points : 2319
Armitage GUTS!!! : 498

https://www.youtube.com/user/Graipe?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post by Konaxookami Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:00 pm

I guess everyone's seen Wicked eh? I remember watching it too. When my mother told me she got me tickets I flipped out. My Gram went to see it on Broadway-but I saw it at the Bushenel. WAS AMAZING. I definately have to see it again-and my mum said she'd pay to see it again too-so that excites me more than anything. I just need to find out when it's coming back around-or find a good date for the Broadway edition.

Currently though me and my pal are looking into a musical production based off of Alice in Wonderland-we watched a clip reel and listened to a few songs and we really want to go see it-almost as much as we want to go see Spiderman. x3 But I get the feeling 'Catch me If you Can' is what our next show is going to be-that or the Wonderland one-since it looks so spiffy.
Konaxookami
Konaxookami
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by GhibliFreek Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:51 pm

And I just got back from seeing Avenue Q.

My Fumi IT WAS AMAZING just the entertainment I needed. Such a creative blend of comedy and music, and the puppeteers/singers/actors were all AMAZING
GhibliFreek
GhibliFreek
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Konaxookami Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:06 pm

AVENUE Q MAKES MY LIFE SO MUCH BETTER-YOU HAVE NO IDEA.

It's so...raunchy! And yet it can be touching at times as well-It's all so very REAL-and the fact that it's making fun of Sesame Street by showing what a real neighborhood is like makes it all the better. Those songs have been forever immortalized by me and my friends in our daily conversations. xD Nto to mention that I could start singing 'If You Were Gay' at a con and a bunch of girls will come over and join in or watch whatever character I happen to be 'harassing' Happened at CTcon two years ago when I sung it to Kitkat as Riku when I was Sora for the first time-and we got quite the crowd. xD

It's just...Come on-how can you hate a musical that tells it as it is?

Konaxookami
Konaxookami
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by GhibliFreek Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:12 pm

ah so true!!!! The songs are so amazing, and The intenet's for porn is AMAZING to play during ICT, however its not a good idea to sit and sing along to Everyones a little bit racist in sociology and religion .___.
GhibliFreek
GhibliFreek
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Konaxookami Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:43 pm

Indeed! One of my drama instructors picked up my ipod to see what I was listening to and unplugged the headphones so everyone could hear-and they heard SEX NOISES from 'You can be as loud as the hell you want when you're making love' and I got laughed at by everyone because they thought I was listening to a sex tape or something. Yeah...It can get a little awkward if people catch you rockin' out to some of thee songs...^^;
Konaxookami
Konaxookami
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by GhibliFreek Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:13 pm

BAHHAHAHA XDDD I HAVENT HAD THAT YET....nor Do I plan to ._.;;;;
GhibliFreek
GhibliFreek
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by justrosiehere Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:15 pm

LIGHTS! CAMERA! MUSIC! The Musical Theatre thread 2011-013

you kinda remind me of amara/haruka from sailor moon :D

justrosiehere
justrosiehere
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 44
Armitage GUTS!!! : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Konaxookami Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:49 pm

nao that I'm done With the Drowsy Chaperone at my school-I can finally give it a review-or rather, a overview of how things went.

LIGHTS! CAMERA! MUSIC! The Musical Theatre thread Nhs_s-10
(All images I use are people that I was in the cast with, and were taken by our darling photographer. The image above is a mash up of some of my favs as a banner of sorts.

The show itself is pretty crazy. It's about this man, Man In Chair, who's a closet musical fan. He tells us he's feeling pretty blue and when he's blue he listens to his favorite show 'The Drowsy Chaperone'. So, when he puts the record on-we see the chow come to life in his apartment via his mind. So, things like the record skipping and the phone ringing can interrupt the show. He commentates on the show itself and interacts with the scenes-but the actual cast members can't see him. Which was hard to ignore, because the two boys who played Man In Chair were frickin' funy and would try purposely to make us laugh.

Anyways, since the show is based in the 20s it's got some racial stereotypes and some racy words in it, which may make it a bit inappropriate at times. Aldolpho, the European 'King of Romance' is a good example of that, and the tap number 'Cold Feets' is another one.

Still though-the show is hilarious, and most of it's slapstick and puns. The two gangsters who pose as pastry chefs use dessert puns left and right. They steal the show too by starting the number 'Toledo Surprise'-which is a song that sounds like baking-but is actually talking about gangsters whacking people. It turns into a HUGE dance number though-the best number of the show really, we were lucky to be able to use the Broadway choreography because we got help from the original 'George' from Broadway, Richard Vida. He did wonders and it was awesome to meet him.
" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen >
LIGHTS! CAMERA! MUSIC! The Musical Theatre thread Dc-410 I can tell you that we had a blast with that number for sure-and got a huge workout.

There were the quieter numbers though-Like Accident Waiting to Happen-where the bride and groom of the show-Robert and Janet meet up-Robert blindfolded and on Roller skates (Sinc etap dancing is too dangerous apparently...) and Janet pretending to be a french girl called Mimi-trying to find out whether Robert loves her or not. They get lost in the moment they met and it's a very sweet scene, and a nice song. One of my favorites from the show actually.
LIGHTS! CAMERA! MUSIC! The Musical Theatre thread Dc-210
LIGHTS! CAMERA! MUSIC! The Musical Theatre thread Dc-110
It's nice up until Robert gets slapped when Janet realizes he just kissed a french girl on their wedding day.

It's so ridiculous and goofy, the 'Drowsy' Chaperone is a drunk woman who really is a terrible chaperone in general and sings a 'rousing anthem' about alcholholism, and this is right before she pretends to be the bride to make love to Aldolpho who has come to seduce the bride. The while premise of 'As We stumble along' and 'I am Aldolpho' is ridiculous, but hilarious to watch. Another odd some is 'Brides Lament', where despite the title, has hardly any lamenting in it, and more humor than anything thanks to the weird lyrics. I need only say 'MONKEY MONKEY' to summarize it-but it's worth the listen to get a giggle. Considering I ran around in a band uniform wearing a fez hat and a monkey mask with cardboard symbols I've grown to hate this number passionately simply because of our ridiculous dancing. THOSE MASKS CAN BURN IN HELL.

But anyways, the show doesn't have many serious moments, most of the numbers are goofy and lighthearted and catchy. The ending numbers, 'I Do I do in the sky' and 'As we Stumble Along' Reprise are heartwarming in their own way. Man In Chair finally gets to interact with the cast in the Reprise and it's really a feel good musical. It's music is catchy and funny and I'm sad it's over. It's definitely worth the listen to-I had never heard of it, but after performing it I'm a devote lover of it.
Konaxookami
Konaxookami
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:42 pm

bump

Rent was just on cable and this thread came back to mind. <3

My top five musical/musical-esque moments in movie history!

#5: Be Our Guest from Disney's Beauty and the Beast

During Disney's golden years in the 90s, they were able to produce several memorable musical sequences within various memorable films. Everything in "Be Our Guest" is done so perfectly, you could see the animation and creativity advancements from The Little Mermaid's "Under the Sea" and that's saying a lot.

#4: Once Upon a December from 1997's Anastasia

After a series of bad 90s films (A TROLL IN CENTRAL PARK!? ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?!), Don Bluth dug deep and brought us greatness with his rendition of the Anastasia life and legend. This beautiful and strangely haunting song sends chills up my spine. Marvelously animated!

#3: Take me or Leave me from Rent (with Idina Menzel and Tracie Thoms)

Are break up songs supposed to be this SEXY!? *_* Both ladies put on an amazing duet performance during this very seducing sequence, although it's supposed to represent an ultimatum argument regarding their character's relationship. Idina Menzel definitely stole the show as she easily has one of the greatest voices in history.

#2: Bo Peep's Lost Sheep from 1934's March of the Wooden Soldiers

People say The Wizard of Oz was the most magical and innovative film produced in the 30s. While I loved Oz to death, March of the Wooden Soldiers was the shining gem of the 30s for songs, fantasy and characters for me. ;_; If only it had color first! Anyway, this sequence is simple: Bo Peep lost her sheep and Tom Tom Piper helps her search for them around Toyland. But not without breaking out into a wonderful song that resembles those from classic operettas.

#1. Anything Goes from 1984's Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom (sung by Kate Capshaw):

Muhahaha! Who did not see this coming! >:3 One would never expect the opening of Indiana Jones' most dark and violent film to have a Mandarin musical number of Anything Goes. Sung by Kate Capshaw, the sequence is just perfect. Kate's voice is quite powerful, the backup dancers during the imagination sequence is stunning to watch and it's the most memorable version of Anything Goes to date. ;p Sorry Glee, loved your recent version, but you got nothing on this one.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down