Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon, PGSM, Sera Myu and Sailor Moon Crystal Thread

+19
shezaei-neko
burande fujino
midori's crazy398
iRenji0713
Lerena
SoulEaterHaruhis0s
depression76
The Random Ninja
Amaya
The Fire Stirring Ruby
Kyubey Mittens
Ice Silver Crystal
Konaxookami
Kino karutta-chan
SpiderNeKoHiME
Midori Sugiura99
LilPrincessAshley
emochick
Luu Sky Sapphire
23 posters

Page 12 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

manga - Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon, PGSM, Sera Myu and Sailor Moon Crystal Thread - Page 12 Empty Re: Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon, PGSM, Sera Myu and Sailor Moon Crystal Thread

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:09 pm

Ice Silver Crystal wrote:I cried! So happy I stayed up late to watch this ^.^
I can't believe I get the privilege of viewing a Sailor Moon anime as it premieres!
loved everything! art, music cant wait for Rei-chan!!

Won't be long until Rei shows up too! Ami will be fantastic to see, but Rei is the one with a completely different personality compared to her anime counterpart. Unlike boy crazy Rei from the original anime, Manga Rei was colder and wasn't fond of men thanks to her father.

rei hino 
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

manga - Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon, PGSM, Sera Myu and Sailor Moon Crystal Thread - Page 12 Empty Re: Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon, PGSM, Sera Myu and Sailor Moon Crystal Thread

Post by Lerena Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:55 pm

The first episode of Sailor Moon Crystal was AMAZING. It made me so excited, I dropped what I was currently watching to watch it and it did not disappoint me. Since this forum is basically the one true place for me to fangirl things like Sailor Moon, I have loads of suppressed fangirl to let out.

Personal thoughts:
Lerena
Lerena
The Solitary Slytherin Duelist
The Solitary Slytherin Duelist

Bubuzuke points : 3771
Armitage GUTS!!! : 558
Location : In the middle of a dark void containing me and a laptop with inter-dimensional Internet

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:13 pm

Lerena wrote:The first episode of Sailor Moon Crystal was AMAZING. It made me so excited, I dropped what I was currently watching to watch it and it did not disappoint me. Since this forum is basically the one true place for me to fangirl things like Sailor Moon, I have loads of suppressed fangirl to let out.

Personal thoughts:

Thrilled to know you enjoyed Sailor Moon Crystal, Lerena. Not too surprised, though. Everything about that first episode was genius. And it's refreshing to know our resident straight girl can provide fangirl screams for Mamoru.  devious 

The series is moving at such a fast pace. The die-hards of the original aren't used to the concept yet; believing Usagi should have some solo episodes before introducing Mercury. Again, this is how the manga was! Many Sailor Moon fans quickly forget and proves that most of them never bothered reading it, despite claiming they have.

Did Sailor Moon deserve a reboot?

Recent video I made. After curiously watching a few reviews by male fans, I had to respond to the stupidity or just plain lack of education.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by SoulEaterHaruhis0s Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:36 pm

Here's some more Sailor Moon goodies you might've forgotten to post. I'll do it here!

Sailor Moon Classic Redub Cast, Viz Preview Clips, and other stuffage

Main Voice Cast
Stephanie Sheh as Usagi Tsukino/Sailor Moon
Kate Higgins as Ami Mizuno/Sailor Mercury
Cristina Vee as Rei Hino/Sailor Mars
Amanda C. Miller as Makoto Kino/Sailor Jupiter
Cherami Leigh as Minako Aino/Sailor Venus
Robbie Daymond as Mamoru Chiba/Tuxedo Mask

Supporting Voice Cast
Johnny Yong Bosch As Artemis
Michelle Ruff as Luna
Danielle Nicole as Naru Osaka
Ben Diskin as Gurio Umino
Tara Platt as Ikuko Tsukino
Keith Silverstein as Kenji Tsukino
Nicolas Roye as Shingo Tsukino
Cindy Robinson as Queen Beryl
Todd Haberkorn as Jadite
Liam O' Brien as Nephrite
Lucien Dodge as Zoicite
Patrick Seitz as Kunzite

The first DVD/Blu-ray combo and regular DVD set is set for release on November 11, 2014!

---

Clips
Usagi and Mamoru

Luna meets Usagi

Queen Beryl and Jadite

---
Moon Animate Make-Up!
An awesome acid trip created by over 250 animators!   gay unicorn 

----
Sailor Moon Crystal's Moon Pride Music Video (Warning spoilers!)
Lovely music video! Beautiful scenes of the Moon Kingdom (and ...do I spy Crystal Tokyo there?). Animation looks better than in the show, too. Are we looking at future scenes completed to be implemented in later episodes?  Wink 

----
Sailor Moon Crystal
Gotta say so far so good! I'm digging Crystal and the closer to the manga story.  Dance 

A friend of mine and me were talking how far these 26 episodes will adapt the manga. We're kinda split: it could very well cover just the Dark Kingdom arc with added story Takeuchi never told or be a split Dark Kingdom (13-14 eps)/Dark Moon arcs (13 eps). Guess we'll see where this goes.  Think 

I'm getting used to the new OP. It's growing on me. I could understand CGI and animation flub complaints, but still not enough to detract from me enjoying the show. Ami's new seiyuu did a splendid job and made our favorite blue-haired dorkable girl more cute than ever before. Ami Mizuno 

But, I've been reading not so 'nice' comments from other anime/fan communities regarding Crystal's animation quality and CGI, esp. after episode 2. I've read the animation is shoddy in places and looks cheap (what do they expect? It's Toei! They should've known going into this) while comparing it to the current Precure stuff.  While there's been plenty of love for the new series, we have our detractors, aka animation 'experts' and otakus, already declaring this is a disaster just because of episode 2's 'subpar' animation, the music being too 'generic' and 'lifeless', the character designs too 'off putting', and Kotono's voice for Usagi being too strained. And I've seen a few drop the show already due to these flaws and just after 2 eps! (btw, a few of these guys are Dragonball fanboys from Kanzenshuu who've been abused by Toei, lol).

And yes after watching that video you made, there's the otaku elitists who feel SM shouldn't have gotten a remake because its story is too 'outdated' and it's animation is not worth the hype (I thought story and plot was more crucial? Some of these jerks don't stop to think that the old series had imperfections, too!). They really seem convinced SM won't survive in today's anime climate and the new series won't live up to the hype. Ugh, I could go on, but this is getting me all bummed out.

FTR, episode 2 looks the way it does because it was outsourced to some other animation company and because Toei's busy with 6 other animated series plus 3 movies. More than likely the really good animation teams were too busy working on that prett-utiful music video!   Razz 

Can't wait for Rei-chan in ep 3 and the divergence into the manga story!  rei hino
SoulEaterHaruhis0s
SoulEaterHaruhis0s
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 156
Armitage GUTS!!! : 57

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1452642/Haruhi_Suzumiya_s0s

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:17 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire reviews Sailor Moon Crystal Act 3:

manga - Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon, PGSM, Sera Myu and Sailor Moon Crystal Thread - Page 12 10369910

We open with Jadeite getting scolded by Queen Beryl. Nephrite and Zoicite show up, Beryl fills them in on the Silver Crystal. Rei is seen briefly. Demon 6:00 PM bus rumors spark all over Juban. Cute Usagi and Luna moment where Luna fails to get Usagi's attention UNTIL she brings up the arcade. Did I mention that I love seeing random Sailor V posters in just about every scene?

Usagi and Ami hop onto a bus and find Rei. Upon seeing her, Usagi gets hearts in her eyes and proceeds to stalk her! Very yuri moment~ Into Hikawa Shrine Usagi goes, where Rei starts feeling a demonic aura and lashes out on it-oh! It's just Usagi! Haha! Had enough homages yet? Too bad! Nice seeing Phobos and Deimos again, they were the overlooked mascots of the series.

Earlier, a little girl name Mii left Hikawa Shrine and disappeared. Her mother and some cougar friends question if Rei had seen them. Even more alarming is that they asked her about the 6:00 bus. It would seem only natural to connect the supernatural with the supernatural, but come on, ladies! Never mind the fact that Rei was the last one to see Mii...wow...you're sinking here, Miss Hino. :'D Rei creeps Usagi out by revealing she knows about the bus incidents,
only that she isn't directed involved.

Rumors of the demons bus continue to spread throughout the city, so Usagi goes in to investigate further. As Usagi settles on the next bus, Luna discovers that Mamoru is sitting right next to Usagi! After mistaken grade identities, he corrects her by showing an ID. Like the manga, Crystal's Mamoru is in high school rather than college, like in the original anime.

manga - Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon, PGSM, Sera Myu and Sailor Moon Crystal Thread - Page 12 10580010

Upon reaching Hikawa Shrine, Rei is once again hassled by Mii's mother and the cougars. Usagi sticks up for her and leaves shortly after. While reading the fire, Rei sees Usagi in trouble and rushes out after her. She sees the 6:00 demon bus and wouldn't you know it, Jadeite happens to be the driver! He kidnaps Rei and escapes through a portal. Thankfully, Usagi sees this in time and transform into... a flight attendant. :'D Tuxedo Kamen arrives on the scene, but it's too late as the bus disappears into the void. He is confident that the bun headed girl transformed...

Ami is contacted by Luna to assist Usagi somehow. Elsewhere, Jadeite gathers all the hostages from his bus hunt and takes an interest in Rei (who wouldn't? Usagi was all over that and now Jadeite? It's clear that everyone in this show has fine taste in women~) Ami and Luna search for Usagi on their magic laptop program, only they're unable to get a proper reading. Ami suggests that if Usagi transform, they may be able to get a lock onto her. Usagi listens and the transformations begins! Again, Usagi and Ami's modern day henshins are incredibly well done. But the best is yet to come.

manga - Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon, PGSM, Sera Myu and Sailor Moon Crystal Thread - Page 12 Jadeit10
manga - Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon, PGSM, Sera Myu and Sailor Moon Crystal Thread - Page 12 Mars10

After a short fight with Jadeite, he gains the upper hand against Usagi and Ami. Rei awakes to witness the action and see that Usagi has powers just like her. She rushes to save the two and manages to throw Jadeite off with her shinto power before Luna gives her the transformation stick. Rei's henshin sequence can be described as a ceremonial goddess fire dance; just amazing! Sailor Mars and Sailor Moon overwhelm Jadeite nicely, causing him to use instantaneous movement. Smart move, dude. The missing people are then returned safely, along with little Mii. Usagi, Ami and Rei happily walk away from the scene, now as 3 Sailor Guardians.

Overall, Sailor Moon Crystal Act III is a another faithful rendition of the manga chapter. With plenty of visuals nods to the original anime debut of Rei. I would of liked to see a longer battle between Jadeite and the girls, since his Jadeite is more physical than the original anime version, which is saying a lot since the original Jadeite was capable of so much, he made most of DC/Marvel's roster look like rank amateurs. Other than that, nicely done by Naoko and
Toei Animation. One of the smaller bonuses other than the visual styling of Hikawa Shrine (you can truly see the detail there now), was the yuri aspect~

manga - Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon, PGSM, Sera Myu and Sailor Moon Crystal Thread - Page 12 Mars210

+ Beautiful detail to new areas like Hikawa Shrine
+ Sailor Mars/Rei Hino!  rei hino 
+ More faithful to the manga (Rei's mature personality and Mamoru
being in high school)
+ Excellent pacing
+/- Battle with Jadeite was good, but should of been stretched
out somehow. Nitpick at best.
Bonus + Brief Reideite
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:38 pm

bump 

manga - Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon, PGSM, Sera Myu and Sailor Moon Crystal Thread - Page 12 15606410

I want this copy of Otaku USA for extremely obvious reasons! Word is that this copy is selling out fast. No offense to Otaku USA, but their magazines were never in high demand like this before. What do you expect? It's Sailor Moon! Usagi is a headliner~  

Usagi 
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:43 pm

makoto bump makoto

Luu Sky Sapphire reviews Sailor Moon Crystal ACT 5 Makoto –Sailor Jupiter–

manga - Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon, PGSM, Sera Myu and Sailor Moon Crystal Thread - Page 12 10410910
manga - Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon, PGSM, Sera Myu and Sailor Moon Crystal Thread - Page 12 10665110
manga - Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon, PGSM, Sera Myu and Sailor Moon Crystal Thread - Page 12 15070610
manga - Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon, PGSM, Sera Myu and Sailor Moon Crystal Thread - Page 12 10675610

---

You can tally up all the tough female characters in anime history all you want. The one most fans my age can trace back to their earliest years is Makoto Kino. Known to some as "Lita" (yes, I am still keeping the DiC/Cloverway fans in mind), but known to the world as Sailor Jupiter. Now voiced by the wonderfully talented Ami Koshimizu. Koshimizu-san being cast as Mako-chan is a huge deal to me personally; as well as my entire fan group Mai-Multiverse since she voiced a fellow bad ass in Nina Wáng from My-Otome. Her tough and feminine touch as Nina in Mai-Otome is more than qualified to take on the role of Sailor Jupiter. And for the most part, she does a fantastic job! The original Sailor Jupiter voice actress, Emi Shinohara, would be so proud.

Sailor Moon Crystal Act 5 starts off with Usagi almost being run over by a car! An incredibly fast Makoto comes to her rescue, long enough for Usagi to admire her good looks...and rose earrings. Again, Usagi is so damn gay in Sailor Moon Crystal! Pinch me, I'm dreaming! *_*

manga - Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon, PGSM, Sera Myu and Sailor Moon Crystal Thread - Page 12 10522510
Though we know Tuxedo Mask well by now, the audience is just as suspicious of him as Luna is!

Cuteness follows in school the next day as Usagi and secondary friends gush over wedding dresses. Maybe I'm old fashioned, but there's something amazing about seeing women in extravagant wedding dresses. Even though Sailor Moon Crystal takes place in modern day 2014, the young people retain some kind of sophistication. Then again, the ugly fashion side of humanity is in the West. Thank you Usagi for wanting to look classy rather than Miley.

Umino's more devious incarnation pops in to share the rumors about the supposed "cursed" bridal shop that people say is responsible for a recent wave of missing men. No time to worry about that! Usagi just spotted Makoto by herself. All alone. Sob! Hold all your emotions, it doesn't seem to bother her that she's by herself. COME ON! THE GIRL MADE AN INCREDIBLE LUNCH FOR HERSELF! ONE THAT RAMSAY WOULD BE JEALOUS OVER! The real dilemma is that everyone in school is cautious, a bit fearful of Mako-chan's reputation for fighting and having "superhuman strength".  I don't know about you guys, but I want to make friends with a girl like this RIGHT NOW!

Usagi approaches her without fear. I blame her hunger. After almost getting hit with a baseball, Makoto saves Usagi's pretty face again and returns the ball in my favorite scene in the entire episode. Mako-chan throws the ball into space! NO, REALLY! LOOK!

manga - Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon, PGSM, Sera Myu and Sailor Moon Crystal Thread - Page 12 Owned10
Now we know what caused the events of Gravity.

manga - Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon, PGSM, Sera Myu and Sailor Moon Crystal Thread - Page 12 Hand10

^ This was another cute scene. Usagi, this is your Sailor Moon Crystal incarnation! I'm not surprised you're unable to control your fingers. :''''3 Rei-chan would know.

Makoto befriends Usagi quickly and asks her questions she couldn't with the other students. Like...where the best arcade in town is! Cut to Crown where we get the classic updated scene where Mako-chan plays Codename Sailor V. Unlike in the original where she was losing (both Emi Shinohara and Susan Roman expressing their displeasure hilariously. "NO WAY! THIS IS RIGGED!" ), Mako-chan is kicking more ass than Ami-chan was in her debut episode! Pulling off moves with in-game Sailor V that I didn't know she could do! When Motoki shows up to throw a little flirt compliment towards Mako-chan, she is immediately reminded of her old sempai, who broke her heart twice. I *think* it's implied that they dated once, then when Mako-chan tried to , subtly, get back together with him, he told her that he already had a girlfriend. First love hurts the most! ;A;

Meanwhile, we get a meeting between Nephrite and Queen Beryl. Nephrite saying he will be able to consume a large amount of energy from a single person. What could possibly have more energy than a group of civilians? Why, love of course! This harkens back to the original series where Nephrite drew more energy from a single person than Jadeite could from a thousand. That was because Jadeite only drew from their physical energy (which is enough to kill Kid Buu, but not power the Dark Kingdom. Sorry, DBZ). Nephrite drew from various emotions of humans; love being the strongest.

manga - Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon, PGSM, Sera Myu and Sailor Moon Crystal Thread - Page 12 Jupite10

Later on, the Youma who posed as the bride ghost and abducted men, encounters the Sailor Senshi. Mako-chan eventually reveals herself to be a Sailor Guardian, much to Luna's delight. Her transformation into Sailor Jupiter is INCREDIBLE! It's another homage to the original transformation sequence with a few notable differences. What is fresh is her introduction! Pure FIST POUNDING awesome! After defeating the Youma with a jaw dropping Jupiter Thunder Bolt, Nephrite retreats, feeling some kind of past connection to Jupiter...

AND NOW, REI'S BEST LINE FROM ACT 5. ONE THAT ALL SILLY GIRLS SHOULD FOLLOW:

manga - Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon, PGSM, Sera Myu and Sailor Moon Crystal Thread - Page 12 Mars11
The Queen of reasonable feminism~ At least Rei doesn't shove it down your throat. In all seriousness, what she says is common sense.

Act 5 of Sailor Moon Crystal hit all the right notes. You know, I've been watching Avatar: The Last Airbender lately and though I love the series, I miss mature, adult themes that are present in Eastern anime. Because it's been so long since the last SMC episode (RELEASE THEM FASTER, VIZ AND TOEI!) Sailor Moon Crystal Act 5 brought me back into the adult world. Strange, since Usagi and her team are quite young, but they're quirky and adult enough to work for audiences of any age. Out of all the Sailor Senshi, I relate to Mako-chan the most. Her toughness can fend off anything, except being lonely. She needed to make the right friends to bring out the more gentle side of her. That was me for the early part of my life. Like her, I continue to evolve as friends I trust and care for enter into my life. Brilliant episode all around.

+ Makoto Kino has arrived and she's better than ever!
+ The transformation sequence!
+ Emotionally deep
+ Creepiest Youma by far!
+ WANT YOUR BALL?! GO AND GET IT!!! laugh
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:45 pm

My review of Sailor Moon Crystal Act 06 -Tuxedo Mask- is now on YouTube! Sub to me if you haven't already! GRANDE CHIE

Review: Sailor Moon Crystal Act 6 -Tuxedo Mask-

Overall rating: ****/*****

+ Silver Crystal exposition
+ Usagi and Mamoru development
+ Constant Minako teasing! DAMMIT, TOEI!
+ Fight was amazing...
- ...but could of been longer
Bonus + Queen Serenity's hair is now correct!
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by depression76 Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:22 pm

I'm still...........waiting.............for Minako's entrance on the show...

SO LONGGG frustrated
depression76
depression76
White Devil Worshiper
White Devil Worshiper

Bubuzuke points : 7627
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1396

http://daydreamwiththedragon.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:54 pm

depression76 wrote:I'm still...........waiting.............for Minako's entrance on the show...

SO LONGGG frustrated

mad It's killing me, Deppy! Toei Animation is playing with my emotions in ways that make me feel violated! JUST GIVE US MINAKO ALREADY! 5 SECONDS OF HER AND ARTEMIS ISN'T ENOUGH!

The talking Sailor V sprite doesn't count, as cute and random... as it was. minako
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by depression76 Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:11 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
depression76 wrote:I'm still...........waiting.............for Minako's entrance on the show...

SO LONGGG frustrated

mad It's killing me, Deppy! Toei Animation is playing with my emotions in ways that make me feel violated! JUST GIVE US MINAKO ALREADY! 5 SECONDS OF HER AND ARTEMIS ISN'T ENOUGH!

The talking Sailor V sprite doesn't count, as cute and random... as it was. minako

NEED...PROPER...SIZED...MINA...;-;
I'm so thirsty for her oh my goddd. They already delayed Mako's episode, and if they delay Minako's ep I'm gonna cry frustrated
depression76
depression76
White Devil Worshiper
White Devil Worshiper

Bubuzuke points : 7627
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1396

http://daydreamwiththedragon.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:42 pm

depression76 wrote:NEED...PROPER...SIZED...MINA...;-;
I'm so thirsty for her oh my goddd. They already delayed Mako's episode, and if they delay Minako's ep I'm gonna cry frustrated

So not this...
manga - Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon, PGSM, Sera Myu and Sailor Moon Crystal Thread - Page 12 10688010

But THIS!:

manga - Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon, PGSM, Sera Myu and Sailor Moon Crystal Thread - Page 12 10460810

Feels IF MINAKO'S EPISODE IS DELAYED 3 WEEKS, I'LL DO SOMETHING DRASTIC!

Also, I'm disappointed in you, Deppy! Your love for girly guys and we get ZERO mentions of CROSS DRESSING ZOICITE:

manga - Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon, PGSM, Sera Myu and Sailor Moon Crystal Thread - Page 12 10387010
laugh
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:15 am

Luu Sky Sapphire reviews Sailor Moon Crystal Act 7: Mamoru Chiba -Tuxedo Mask-

manga - Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon, PGSM, Sera Myu and Sailor Moon Crystal Thread - Page 12 Dvd10

---

I'm going to sound like a broken record at this point, but it cannot be helped when the latest episode in Sailor Moon Crystal manages to hit so many highs, and so very little lows. The best part is yet to come when Toei FINALLY stops with the Minako teasing! So sort...

Picking up from where Act 6 left off, Usagi ends up in Mamoru's apartment room, where she makes the connection that he's Tuxedo Mask. To make sure she understands that he's not after the Silver Crystal for malicious intentions, Mamoru shares his past, or what he can remember after a car accident took the life of his parents. The constant dreams of a beautiful girl pleading with to find the Silver Crystal and finding out that it's powers can restore his memories, makes Usagi all the more sympathetic towards him. Like I said in my last episode, we feel for Mamoru the way Usagi does, that he was never a bad guy, he just needed to keep his intentions to himself. Come on, Luna! He lost his parents and wants to remember his early life, don't hold that against him! haha!

manga - Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon, PGSM, Sera Myu and Sailor Moon Crystal Thread - Page 12 Dvd210
manga - Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon, PGSM, Sera Myu and Sailor Moon Crystal Thread - Page 12 Dvd310

Over at the Dark Kingdom, Queen Beryl meets with her master, Queen Metalia, to discuss the Silver Crystal. She offers a bit of human energy (again, the same human energy that can obliterate Kid Buu of Dragon Ball Z fame) to Metalia, but Metalia says it isn't enough. Only the Silver Crystal will fuel her enough to destroy and swallow the entire planet. Which makes sense as in the manga, Metalia was more of a planet eater than a destroyer. Like Badiyanu from the Sailor Moon SuperS movie. I feel we're going to get more character development from Queen Beryl in future acts (just like in the manga), explaining her back story since it was clearly hinted at here.

manga - Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon, PGSM, Sera Myu and Sailor Moon Crystal Thread - Page 12 Dvd410

Meanwhile, Zoicite hatches a new plan to brainwash the people of Tokyo into finding Sailor Moon using...get this...DVDs! Haha! Even the Dark Kingdom knows that DVD continues to outshine Blu-Ray sales many years after it's introduction! Sorry, I'm not laughing at the idea, because it's fairly accurate! So accurate that even Zoicite acknowledges it! In an attempt to study the contents of the "Dark" DVD, Luna and the girls test it, only to find...THE SAILOR V SPRITE AGAIN!? HAHA! That's right, Minako returns again as a sprite to warn everybody that the DVD is indeed, a Dark Kingdom ploy.

manga - Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon, PGSM, Sera Myu and Sailor Moon Crystal Thread - Page 12 Svvv10

After revealing herself to the citizens (yes, Usagi would of been safe without transforming, but come on, these are civilians!), Usagi uses Moon Healing Escalation to restore them again, only to have Zoicite crash the party in a much violent way! To those still upset that Sailor Moon isn't the invincible, immovable object x unstoppable force she was in the manga yet, be advised that Sailor Moon Crystal is getting there little by little, with this being Act 7. To nice to see her have a vulnerable side, which is shades of the original anime where Usagi wasn't the strongest fictional character in animation existence...yet. Besides, Zoicite (like all the Shiten'ou) has instantaneous movement, as proven in the episode. Hard to fight someone like that at the moment. Sailor Jupiter, Sailor Mars and Sailor Mercury fight Zoicite for a while, only to get taken down. Tuxedo Mask comes to her aid by punching Zoicite in the face! To this day in anime form, Mamoru always had his heroic moments sure, but never something you'd classify as badass. THAT punch WAS bad ASS, man. Mamoru's five seconds of fame are put to a halt when he is taken down as well, only to be saved by...MINAKO! YOU HAVE ARRIVED JUST IN TIME BEFORE I SENT A RANT LETTER TO TOEI ANIMATION! Yes, Minako's episode is coming up next, titled "Minako -Sailor V-".

manga - Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon, PGSM, Sera Myu and Sailor Moon Crystal Thread - Page 12 Minako10

Sailor Moon Crystal Act 7 is the best episode so far as it's introducing back story, introduction for Minako, adding extra mystery for Beryl and demonstrating the abilities of the Sailor Senshi through short, but sweet battles. Everything from this point on is build up for the legend of the Silver Millennium's past and that of Earth. This series continues to improve each week, it's unbelievable. No other series is pulling this off.

+ Mamoru and Usagi's building relationship
+ MINAKO....FINALLY!
+ Queen Beryl and Metalia scene
+ DVDs and tablets! Now Sailor Moon can say it's technology is timeless! haha!
+/ - Fights are amazing, but should be *much* longer.

Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:51 pm

bump

My review of Sailor Moon Crystal Act 8 Minako -Sailor V- is on YouTube! Check it up and hit that thumbs up button~

MINAKO IS HERE TO STAY! minako
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:28 am

Just got the Sailor Moon Blu Ray/DVD combo set! AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! THE QUALITY IS PERFECT!

manga - Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon, PGSM, Sera Myu and Sailor Moon Crystal Thread - Page 12 DSCI0934_zps721be345

manga - Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon, PGSM, Sera Myu and Sailor Moon Crystal Thread - Page 12 DSCI0935_zpsd962343c

Now, I'm unable to capture any Blu Ray shots (sadly), but the DVD shots look almost as good! Not to mention the DVD quality is a thousand times better than every Sailor Moon home video release in the past:

Example:

manga - Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon, PGSM, Sera Myu and Sailor Moon Crystal Thread - Page 12 Vlcsnap-2014-11-05-00h09m47s205_zps6eeec5d3
manga - Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon, PGSM, Sera Myu and Sailor Moon Crystal Thread - Page 12 Vlcsnap-2014-11-05-00h09m56s44_zps758537b8

Usagi
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Midori Sugiura Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:34 pm

manga - Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon, PGSM, Sera Myu and Sailor Moon Crystal Thread - Page 12 Sm_for10

So this happened today, as I admitted Chibiusa (aka Rini) both drove me away from the fandom of sailor moon and brought me back in.

---

So when I was a kid Sailor Moon was that fandom that you did NOT want to be associated with at boarding school, don't get me wrong nearly everyone I stayed in contact with were all actually hiding being fans of the show. It was seen as sissy and girly, and in boarding school its dog eat dog and the weak are weeded out early. The denials people had were comical,

"You watch Sailor Moon?"

"No...I don't watch Sailor Moon...ummm...yeah, I have no interest in watching a show with a villain like Queen Beryl where the leader throws a tiara at...I DON'T WATCH IT!"

Despite this I secretly was a huge fan of the show, I am sure there are pictures floating around somewhere in storage back home of me dressed as Jedite and Tuxedo Mask from Halloweens past.

After I left boarding school (I was there from age 8 to 11) Sailor Moon was still on TV and I watched it religiously when I could for a while, only problem was that we only had one TV and I had last dibs at all times, especially as to this day I am the only anime fan in my family, there is one more in the extended family, but I only see him once every few years.

manga - Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon, PGSM, Sera Myu and Sailor Moon Crystal Thread - Page 12 Rini_%28Uniform%29

But then Chibiusa (known to me as Rini at the time as I was watching the dub) came to the scene, I forget which episode I saw her in but it was before she revealed herself as Usagi's (Serena's) and Mamoru's (Darrien's) child.

I felt like this character was so obviously a gimmick to get younger viewers and that this was a sign the show was going to the gutter. That combined with my family continually demeaning my taste in media drove me away from first Sailor Moon, then all of animation.

By mid 2004 I was dealing with some severe depression, I mean really severe and I discovered Inuyasha, which led me to Ranma 1/2, which led me to the first anime I bought Elfen Lied in 2005. While scouring through a K-Zone magazine in a train station back home I found a single picture of Black Lady, I get curious...where is she from and why does she feel familiar?

manga - Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon, PGSM, Sera Myu and Sailor Moon Crystal Thread - Page 12 Black-Lady-sailor-mini-moon-rini-28920973-720-480

Not long after a friend at school spoiled something that rekindled my interest in Sailor Moon. Rini was Serena and Darrien's child from the future. How were they going to run this? Who would be the villains? I had to know, so I ended up getting all of Sailor Moon off of Megaupload, may it rest in peace, also introducing me to subbed anime. I fell back in love with Sailor Moon. watching through all that I could, sure, there were ups and downs...but I adored every second.

Mai HiME would come out soon after this point and my adoration of Anime grew exponentially from there shaping my adoration of Anime to the limits with no love lost for my parents loathing of it.
Think Actually writing it out you could say Chibiusa is a major contributing factor to my love of Anime today...
Midori Sugiura
Midori Sugiura
High Priest Brony of Midori-ism
High Priest Brony of Midori-ism

Bubuzuke points : 3743
Armitage GUTS!!! : 251

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sat Nov 15, 2014 2:40 pm

Dude. It's amazing what one character can do; whether we love or hate that character. Wasn't the biggest Chibiusa fan (didn't hate her, I just don't think she's spectacular), but her role in Sailor Moon R was well done. It felt realistic that a little girl from the future, her parents unable to help her, would exhibit a lot of angst and fear. Wiseman (being the master manipulator that he is) took advantage of this, birthing the raging Black Lady. A form of Chibiusa who was willing to be in a sexual relationship with her own father. the original Sailor Moon anime was ahead of it's time, I swear.

SPEAKING OF CHIBIUSA...

manga - Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon, PGSM, Sera Myu and Sailor Moon Crystal Thread - Page 12 10153210

She is indeed returning for Sailor Moon Crystal season 2! SO DAMN EXCITED, YO! Chibi moon
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:20 am

My review of Sailor Moon Crystal Act 10 -Moon- is on YouTube (includes a bonus Act 9 review) Usagi

Enjoy!
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiros Razer Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:42 pm

I've been watching sailormoon crystal on hulu.
It is great to see this I finished episode 11.
I'm just waiting for the release on the 20th for episode 12.

I like reading what you post.
I think sailor moon was ahead of its time. :)
Kiros Razer
Kiros Razer
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 730
Armitage GUTS!!! : 112

http://kirosrazer.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ice Silver Crystal Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:15 am

Act 11 brought out my emotions ._.
this episode is super close to the manga!
I was really upset when Luna got hurt protecting Usagi ._.
Ice Silver Crystal
Ice Silver Crystal
Kruger Wolf Pack Puppy
Kruger Wolf Pack Puppy

Bubuzuke points : 1340
Armitage GUTS!!! : 485

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:31 pm

Kiros Razer wrote:I've been watching sailormoon crystal on hulu.
It is great to see this  I finished episode 11.
I'm just waiting for the release on the 20th for episode 12.

I like reading what you post.
I think sailor moon was ahead of its time. :)

Sailor Moon was so daring, Kiros! Having homosexual relationships, putting an entire female team in charge of saving the universe and having dark themes for certain story arcs. This was unheard of at the time. Sadly few Western fans noticed because of DiC's English dub, which made the series feel like a typical Saturday morning cartoon. That's why I'm loving Viz Media's release and dubbing job; showing the world the REAL Sailor Moon.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:44 pm

bump

I feel so bad that I didn't get to review the final three episodes of Sailor Moon Crystal. Not only did the holidays weight me down, but so did everything else in my life! On the plus side, I did watch Act 12, 13 and 14 and LOVED them all. Yeah, there were some justified rants (from passionate fans like Aurora Peachy of YouTube) concerning the treatment of the Four Heavenly Kings, the Sailor Senshi barely knowing them and Queen Beryl being killed off so quickly. So, if Sailor Moon fans felt like Crystal was falling apart by Act 12, I can sort of understand that?

manga - Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon, PGSM, Sera Myu and Sailor Moon Crystal Thread - Page 12 Vlcsna18
manga - Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon, PGSM, Sera Myu and Sailor Moon Crystal Thread - Page 12 Vlcsna19

Let's be realistic, though. You knew SMC would take liberties, and boy did it ever take liberties! Still, the heart and soul of the manga remains present. We even got some little nods to the original series, like when Mamoru-Endymion kiss Usagi/Serenity in the exact same way as in the Sailor Moon R movie. We were also treated to Human Luna, something I wasn't expecting at all!

manga - Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon, PGSM, Sera Myu and Sailor Moon Crystal Thread - Page 12 Vlcsna21
manga - Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon, PGSM, Sera Myu and Sailor Moon Crystal Thread - Page 12 Vlcsna20

All those feels from Sailor Moon S The Movie are returning...

What are we to expect from the second season of Sailor Moon Crystal (aka the Black Moon arc)? I'm glad you asked! Aside from the Crystal brooch being put to work, seeing more of Chibiusa and the Inner Sailor Senshi getting new transformation sticks...

manga - Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon, PGSM, Sera Myu and Sailor Moon Crystal Thread - Page 12 Vlcsna22
manga - Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon, PGSM, Sera Myu and Sailor Moon Crystal Thread - Page 12 Vlcsna23
manga - Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon, PGSM, Sera Myu and Sailor Moon Crystal Thread - Page 12 Vlcsna24
manga - Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon, PGSM, Sera Myu and Sailor Moon Crystal Thread - Page 12 Vlcsna25
manga - Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon, PGSM, Sera Myu and Sailor Moon Crystal Thread - Page 12 Vlcsna26
manga - Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon, PGSM, Sera Myu and Sailor Moon Crystal Thread - Page 12 Vlcsna27

...the Black Moon Clan artwork was revealed earlier today! Check it out below:

manga - Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon, PGSM, Sera Myu and Sailor Moon Crystal Thread - Page 12 33d8da10

The official website for the Sailor Moon 20th anniversary project today revealed visuals and voice cast for the four members of the the Black Moon Clan, who will start appearing sequentially from the upcoming 15th episode of the Sailor Moon Crystal web anime to be aired on February 7.

Prince Dimande: Mamoru Miyano (Light Yagami in Death Note, Rin Matsuoka in Free!)

Saphir: Tsubasa Yonaga (Nagisa Hazuki in Free!)

Rubeus: Hiroki Takahashi (Katsuya Jonouchi in Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters)

Esmeraude: Houko Kuwashima (Itsuki Myoudouin/Cure Sunshine in HeartCatch PreCure!)

Source: Crunchyroll

The Black Moon Clan artwork in the second season of Sailor Moon Crystal! Looks like Rubeus found some hair gel. XD Other than that, everyone looks just as they did in the original. Prince Dimande, Saphir, Rubeus and Esmeraude all look great!

Oh! Since this is a Mai-HiME/Otome forum, Mikikazu Komatsu failed to mention that Houko Kuwashima also voiced the GORGEOUS Una Shamrock from My-Otome 0~S.ifr~.

manga - Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon, PGSM, Sera Myu and Sailor Moon Crystal Thread - Page 12 Vlcs1310

Anyway, I'm hoping to continue my written and audio reviews with the second season. *A* I'm not an internet dweller, so no promises, despite the temptation. Everyone in the world should be watching Sailor Moon Crystal. It's a breath of a fresh air from all the current mediocrity of Anime and superhero shows here in the States.

Oh! Did I mention that-SETSUNA IS COMING... setsuna kekekekekeke~

Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:32 pm

bump

Great Eastern (the U.S. line up of plush) released Setsuna (Sailor Pluto) and for the first time...a villain plush! Eudial of the Witches 5 from Sailor Moon S! WANT!!!!

manga - Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon, PGSM, Sera Myu and Sailor Moon Crystal Thread - Page 12 41dCHATo7L_zpsetuiofig

manga - Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon, PGSM, Sera Myu and Sailor Moon Crystal Thread - Page 12 41rvd55qnfL_zpsa0mb8qo5

Usagi
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:22 am

bump

manga - Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon, PGSM, Sera Myu and Sailor Moon Crystal Thread - Page 12 Sailor10

Anyone who caught Sailor Moon Crystal Act 19 knows how AWESOME it is to have Sailor Pluto appear! I felt her screen time was a bit short, but since they're following the manga, her greatest moment is yet to come. It's the very scene that solidified her as my favorite Sailor Senshi ever.

manga - Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon, PGSM, Sera Myu and Sailor Moon Crystal Thread - Page 12 Sailor11

One of our moderators (ShezNek) mentioned that Setsuna's earrings looked giant in Crystal compared to the manga. She would be half right. They're a tad bigger than her manga incarnation:

manga - Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon, PGSM, Sera Myu and Sailor Moon Crystal Thread - Page 12 B795a210

setsuna

Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuga Natsuki Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:40 pm

Guys, I have some news!

So I was at Anime Expo today, and luckily enough I decided to go to the Sailor Moon panel first, and they announced the cast for the outer sailor scouts! Here's the list!

Sailor Neptune/Michiru Kaiou - Lauren Landa

Sailor Saturn/Hotaru Tomoe - Christine Marie Cabanos ----> Mako

Sailor Uranus/Haruka Tenou - Erica Mendez (o_O!!!!!!!!!!!) -----> Ryuko

Sailor Pluto/Setsuna Meiou - Veronica Taylor

And additionally...

Professor Tomoe - Keith Silverstein

And here's a funny little story:
Kuga Natsuki
Kuga Natsuki
Space Samurai Marshall Banana
Space Samurai Marshall Banana

Bubuzuke points : 9709
Armitage GUTS!!! : 593

http://stargazerium.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next