Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Favorite Anime/Manga titles?

+31
she-ga-roo
Sergay Tate
depression76
Veronica-Searrs
SpiralDasher
SoulEaterHaruhis0s
Defiant
TeaLover
cecirdr
Chaglette
Amaya
Chibi Rachy
GhibliFreek
The Fire Stirring Ruby
ookamidesu
Konaxookami
Natsuki
Kyubey Mittens
AtlantisLux
Shindu-S
Inu-Yasha vs. Sephiroth
Hohoemu
roxas <3 Arika Yumemiya
denerop
Yuna
Kicchu
Kino karutta-chan
Midori Sugiura99
emochick
LilPrincessAshley
Luu Sky Sapphire
35 posters

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

anime - Favorite Anime/Manga titles? - Page 7 Empty Re: Favorite Anime/Manga titles?

Post by Kicchu Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:58 pm

Kicchu wrote:Anime:
Claymore
Aoi Hana
Mai-HiME
Sasameki Koto
Now and Then, Here and There
Fushigi Yuugi
Slayers

Manga:
Claymore
Higurashi: When They Cry
Bakuman!
Aoi Hana
Girl Friends
Bamboo Blade
Fushigi Yuugi: Genbu Kaiden
Shitsurakuen
1/2 Prince(though the last few chapters have been a bit boring to me)
Almost anything from Chika Shiomi

Yeah... My list can keep going, too, and I jump around a lot, depending on my mood. XP

I need to add Baccano! and Steins;Gate to the top of my anime list now. I really love those two shows. Easily in my top 3. :3
Kicchu
Kicchu
HiME Ranger
HiME Ranger

Bubuzuke points : 257
Armitage GUTS!!! : 94

Back to top Go down

anime - Favorite Anime/Manga titles? - Page 7 Empty Re: Favorite Anime/Manga titles?

Post by roxas <3 Arika Yumemiya Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:07 pm

Kicchu wrote:
Claymore
Aoi Hana
Mai-HiME
Sasameki Koto
Fushigi Yuugi
Slayers

Manga:
Claymore
Bakuman!
Aoi Hana
Girl Friends
Bamboo Blade
Shitsurakuen

Yeah... My list can keep going, too, and I jump around a lot, depending on my mood. XP

I need to add Baccano! and Steins;Gate to the top of my anime list now. I really love those two shows. Easily in my top 3. :3

hey is Claymore good, i always want to read it -read one page then loss the book-
i wont look on the computer bec i want a book to have and read in my hands :@: :!:
roxas <3 Arika Yumemiya
roxas <3 Arika Yumemiya
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Bubuzuke points : 1905
Armitage GUTS!!! : 79

Back to top Go down

Post by Kicchu Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:54 am

^ Yeah, the Claymore manga is really good if you like dark fantasy action series'. :3 I would definitely recommend it. I don't blame you for wanting a book in your hands to read it. With Claymore, I don't read the chapters as they're released online, but I wait for the volumes to be released here(which is twice a year. ^^;; )
Kicchu
Kicchu
HiME Ranger
HiME Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Veronica-Searrs Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:18 pm

Kicchu wrote:
Claymore
Aoi Hana
Mai-HiME
Sasameki Koto
Fushigi Yuugi
Slayers

Manga:
Claymore
Bakuman!
Aoi Hana
Girl Friends
Bamboo Blade
Shitsurakuen

Oh, I see Steins; Gate here? *o*
Nice one, Kicchu! A great anime that certainly deserves to be on the top! :3
And Aoi Hana and Girl Friends... Just lovable, I like the both as well. Shiho Huit

Edit:
An update to my list: Tiger & Bunny; Fresh Pretty Cure; Fate Stay Night; Angel Beats!; Toaru Kagaku no Railgun; Monster; Girl Friends; Aoi Hana (anime & manga). <- A bunch of them, I know. Some I watched months ago, but I'm updating just now.
Veronica-Searrs
Veronica-Searrs
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 511
Armitage GUTS!!! : 172

Back to top Go down

Post by Kicchu Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:46 pm

^Yay! Someone else that likes Steins;Gate! This makes me really happy! ;O; I've tried suggesting it to some people I know, but it seems no one is interested(except maybe one person who's too busy to watch it now... gotta make her watch it later on. >D )
Yeah, they're both really cute, too! :D I'm also really glad that they're bringing Girl Friends over to the states for me to put on my shelf(and to help spread their lovable-ness to others. ;P )

----------

Hmm, looking around my room and at my list, there's been quite a few series' I've watched and really enjoyed since I posted on here. Some of which include:
Simoun
Solty Rei
Angel Beats! (Which I even got my nephew into. LOL )
Hunter x Hunter remake
Chihayafuru
The World God Only Knows

Manga wise, I've started collecting Arisa and I really like it. But I've only read 3 volumes and people are saying it starts to go down hill around there. ;___; Guess I'll see. Ahahaha...
I've also started reading The World God Only Knows manga. :3
Kicchu
Kicchu
HiME Ranger
HiME Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Veronica-Searrs Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:57 pm

Yay! Someone else that likes Steins;Gate! This makes me really happy! ;O; I've tried suggesting it to some people I know, but it seems no one is interested(except maybe one person who's too busy to watch it now... gotta make that cute guy, aka my brother, watch it later on. >D

^This, just this! xD
Veronica-Searrs
Veronica-Searrs
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Kicchu Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:08 pm

Veronica-Searrs wrote:Yay! Someone else that likes Steins;Gate! This makes me really happy! ;O; I've tried suggesting it to some people I know, but it seems no one is interested(except maybe one person who's too busy to watch it now... gotta make that cute guy, aka my brother, watch it later on. >D

^This, just this! xD

LOL So it's about the same for you? I've thought about having my nephew watch it(also by force), but he's not good at reading subs and can't sit still very long with few exceptions. ^^; Though I did pique his interest by showing a few scenes. LOL And for a couple days we both were going around saying, "TUTURUUU~" XD
Kicchu
Kicchu
HiME Ranger
HiME Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Veronica-Searrs Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:24 pm

Kicchu wrote:
Veronica-Searrs wrote:Yay! Someone else that likes Steins;Gate! This makes me really happy! ;O; I've tried suggesting it to some people I know, but it seems no one is interested(except maybe one person who's too busy to watch it now... gotta make that cute guy, aka my brother, watch it later on. >D

^This, just this! xD

LOL So it's about the same for you? I've thought about having my nephew watch it(also by force), but he's not good at reading subs and can't sit still very long with few exceptions. ^^; Though I did pique his interest by showing a few scenes. LOL And for a couple days we both were going around saying, "TUTURUUU~" XD

LOL Yeah, the same here... xD
Surprise, surprise! /o/
Tuturuuuu = epic!
It's funny to say... I'm addicted to again! xD
Veronica-Searrs
Veronica-Searrs
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Kicchu Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:32 pm

Veronica-Searrs wrote:
Kicchu wrote:

^This, just this! xD

LOL Yeah, the same here... xD
Surprise, surprise! /o/
Tuturuuuu = epic!
It's funny to say... I'm addicted to again! xD

Aww, we really need more Steins;Gate fans. ;__; Time to start mass forcing people to watch it. XDD
Tuturuuuu~! Hehehe, it's strangely addicting! XD
Me, too! :D Though I've also been trying to rewatch it all again before CrunchyRoll takes it down and I have to wait for who knows how long for the DVDs. TT^TT
Also, what are your thoughts of a movie being green-lit already? I kind of have mixed feelings. I think the ending was satisfying enough to not need a direct sequel, but I'm all for a Suzuha timeline story! :D
Kicchu
Kicchu
HiME Ranger
HiME Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Veronica-Searrs Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:40 pm

Kicchu wrote:Aww, we really need more Steins;Gate fans. ;__; Time to start mass forcing people to watch it. XDD
Tuturuuuu~! Hehehe, it's strangely addicting! XD
Me, too! :D Though I've also been trying to rewatch it all again before CrunchyRoll takes it down and I have to wait for who knows how long for the DVDs. TT^TT
Also, what are your thoughts of a movie being green-lit already? I kind of have mixed feelings. I think the ending was satisfying enough to not need a direct sequel, but I'm all for a Suzuha timeline story! :D

Yeah! Let's start the world domination using Steins; Gate! xD Totally agreed, comrade! o/
Well, it would be really cool. The anime's end was certainly very good. Maybe some OVAs? ;]
Anyway, those guys need to do something about the Suzuha timeline, or the others "endings" (not much important, but meh). Nao Yuuki
Veronica-Searrs
Veronica-Searrs
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Kicchu Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:52 pm

Veronica-Searrs wrote:
Yeah! Let's start the world domination using Steins; Gate! xD Totally agreed, comrade! o/
Well, it would be really cool. The anime's end was certainly very good. Maybe some OVAs? ;]
Anyway, those guys need to do something about the Suzuha timeline, or the others "endings" (not much important, but meh). Nao Yuuki

*pulls cellphone up to ear* "Ah, it's me again... Cern is planning to erase the existence of Steins;Gate! We must quickly prepare operation Einherjar in order to prevent such a catastrophe from taking place and spread our influence across the world. Send funds to my Swiss bank account right away! "

LOL

Yeah, it's one of those rare endings that you just get a satisfying feeling from after watching it(and having to go through such a depressing number of episodes! DX )
I'd like some OVAs, too! :D That would be perfect for doing some of the other "endings". :3 Apparently there is going to be at least one more episode released next year with one of the bluray releases. :/ Wonder what it'll be about. I just wish they'd release more information about the movie. All we know is that it's not a rehash of the episodes and that it's something that will appeal to fans of the game and anime. :/ *Curious* If it is a Suzuha movie, I don't think I'll be able to contain my excitement. lol
Kicchu
Kicchu
HiME Ranger
HiME Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Veronica-Searrs Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:59 pm

Kicchu wrote:
Veronica-Searrs wrote:

*pulls cellphone up to ear* "Ah, it's me again... Cern is planning to erase the existence of Steins;Gate! We must quickly prepare operation Einherjar in order to prevent such a catastrophe from taking place and spread our influence across the world. Send funds to my Swiss bank account right away! "

LOL

Yeah, it's one of those rare endings that you just get a satisfying feeling from after watching it(and having to go through such a depressing number of episodes! DX )
I'd like some OVAs, too! :D That would be perfect for doing some of the other "endings". :3 Apparently there is going to be at least one more episode released next year with one of the bluray releases. :/ Wonder what it'll be about. I just wish they'd release more information about the movie. All we know is that it's not a rehash of the episodes and that it's something that will appeal to fans of the game and anime. :/ *Curious* If it is a Suzuha movie, I don't think I'll be able to contain my excitement. lol

Damn, I'm really curious... And LOL! You're a lvl 100 Okabe-girl. xDDD
I need to do this one day! o/
I cried a lot with the anime... Just perfect... I don't think I'll be able to contain my excitement.²
Veronica-Searrs
Veronica-Searrs
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Kicchu Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:09 pm

Veronica-Searrs wrote:
Kicchu wrote:
Veronica-Searrs wrote:

LOL

Damn, I'm really curious... And LOL! You're a lvl 100 Okabe-girl. xDDD
I need to do this one day! o/
I cried a lot with the anime... Just perfect... I don't think I'll be able to contain my excitement.²

LOL Yay for my Okabe-ness? XD
Do what?
Yeah! It was definitely sad and tear-jerking. I don't know about you, but the second half of the series made me really uncomfortable. xD Though watching the series through again, the first half is feeling uncomfortable to me. I keep shouting, "NO! Don't do that! It'll lead to this, which will make this happen and it'll cause THAT to happen! Idiot! I told you not to! >O "
Out of curiosity, which characters are your favorite if you can pick? :D
Kicchu
Kicchu
HiME Ranger
HiME Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Veronica-Searrs Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:16 pm

Kicchu wrote:LOL Yay for my Okabe-ness? XD
Do what?
Yeah! It was definitely sad and tear-jerking. I don't know about you, but the second half of the series made me really uncomfortable. xD Though watching the series through again, the first half is feeling uncomfortable to me. I keep shouting, "NO! Don't do that! It'll lead to this, which will make this happen and it'll cause THAT to happen! Idiot! I told you not to! >O "
Out of curiosity, which characters are your favorite if you can pick? :D

Yay! I need to do okabe-ness things. /o/
The same here... I felt so strange... I said things like that ("NO! Don't do that! It'll lead to this, which will make this happen and it'll cause THAT to happen! Idiot! I told you not to! >O ") inumerous times! >.<
Well, I'd say Makise, Okabe, Daru, Mayuri, Amane and Moeka. xD
Veronica-Searrs
Veronica-Searrs
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Kicchu Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:28 pm

Veronica-Searrs wrote:
Yay! I need to do okabe-ness things. /o/
The same here... I felt so strange... I said things like that ("NO! Don't do that! It'll lead to this, which will make this happen and it'll cause THAT to happen! Idiot! I told you not to! >O ") inumerous times! >.<
Well, I'd say Makise, Okabe, Daru, Mayuri, Amane and Moeka. xD

Yes! You should! It'd make the world a happier place! :D
Then that just shows how great the atmosphere was. XD Ah, I love shows that really incite emotion in me that well. <3
Yay! Someone who likes Moeka! :D I like her, too, even though she's the most hated character in the show by a landslide. XDD I felt sorry for her by the end. ;__; I also like Okabe, Kurisu and Suzuha. At least for the top 3-4. :3

Also, have you seen some of the LE merchandise they're releasing at Comiket? http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2011/12/11-1/limited-edition-steinsgate-goods-produced-for-comiket-81

I really want that lab members pin. ;__;
Kicchu
Kicchu
HiME Ranger
HiME Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Veronica-Searrs Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:36 pm

Her role in anime was incredibly surprising (more like as cool) and, somehow, something deep. I totally understand her side, so I think she is a interesting character.

I want it all! xDD
Veronica-Searrs
Veronica-Searrs
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Kicchu Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:45 pm

*spoilers for those not familiar with Steins;Gate*

Spoiler:

Hehhe, I want it all, too! xD Though I've really been wanting the pin! XD

Last edited by Kicchu on Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kicchu
Kicchu
HiME Ranger
HiME Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Veronica-Searrs Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:55 pm

Kicchu wrote:*spoilers for those not familiar with Steins;Gate*

Spoiler:

Try to put this into spoiler just to avoid any confusion. :3
But yea, this is a fact. I think it's more like "idiot" to hate her.
((Good to have such great convos with you, I'm leaving now. :33 Bye, Kicchu!)
Veronica-Searrs
Veronica-Searrs
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Kicchu Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:07 pm

Veronica-Searrs wrote:
Kicchu wrote:*spoilers for those not familiar with Steins;Gate*

Spoiler:

Try to put this into spoiler just to avoid any confusion. :3
But yea, this is a fact. I think it's more like "idiot" to hate her.
((Good to have such great convos with you, I'm leaving now. :33 Bye, Kicchu!)

Ah! I forgot I could do that now. XDD Thanks! It's been long since I've posted on a forum. ^^;;

YES! I'm glad we seem to share similar views on the subject! :D Poor Moeka *hugs her*

Kay! Bye! Thanks for the awesome convos, too! :D I think you seriously made my week, at least! :D
Kicchu
Kicchu
HiME Ranger
HiME Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyubey Mittens Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:59 pm

Steins;Gate was a very good show...I just haven't got around to finishing it. It's in the top five priority for 2011 shows I need to finish or regularly watch.

Kyubey Mittens
Kyubey Mittens
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 437
Armitage GUTS!!! : 154

Back to top Go down

Post by Sergay Tate Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:54 pm

i've never seen Stein's Gate. i haven't watched much at all really, and i have less time here to watch things than i thought ;_;
Sergay Tate
Sergay Tate
Cat Goddess
Cat Goddess

Bubuzuke points : 5920
Armitage GUTS!!! : 724

Back to top Go down

Post by hildebrant Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:32 pm

Berserk
Hellsing
Vampire Hunter D
Blood Reign: Curse of the Undead Yoma
Tokyo: Doomed Megalopolis
Neon Genesis Evangelion/Rebirth of Evangelion
Golgo 13
Vison of Escaflowne
Bio Booster Armor Guyver
Devil May Cry
Samurai X <Can't stand the tv series>
Monster
Fate/Stay Night
hildebrant
hildebrant
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 888
Armitage GUTS!!! : 233

Back to top Go down

Post by Defiant Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:58 pm

hildebrant wrote:

Vision of Escaflowne

I watched that recently and I have to say I really loved it eventhough I would like to see Inuyasha-like ending more, now it´s kinda in sad tone. And its very interesting how much they were changing the original concept, I read the mangas and they all are a lot different than the show and characters actually were.
Defiant
Defiant
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 348
Armitage GUTS!!! : 83

http://www.postavy.cz

Back to top Go down

Post by hildebrant Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:04 pm

Defiant wrote:
hildebrant wrote:

Vision of Escaflowne

I watched that recently and I have to say I really loved it eventhough I would like to see Inuyasha-like ending more, now it´s kinda in sad tone. And its very interesting how much they were changing the original concept, I read the mangas and they all are a lot different than the show and characters actually were.

its hard to hate really. Great music from Yoko Kanno. Some of the most unique mecha designs ever, wonderful characters. But despite it all it went through quite a few changes. It was originally going to be directed by the same man who directed G-Gundam, meaning Van would have been even more hotblooded than ever.
Originally the anime was a hit with young women alot more, so the movie was made darker and more violent to cater to young men. Since I love it so, mission accomplished. Despite all of this, the show didn't do so well in Japan, which explains why its original episode run from 56 was cut down to 26 episodes. The series itself was only a hit over here and in some parts of Korea I believe. The heavily edited version we got on Fox Kids for a time back in the early 00's didn't help matters but it did serve to get me into it that's for sure.

I know where you're coming from with the whole Inuyasha ending thing but I tend to think of Escaflowne as Inuyasha done right

hildebrant
hildebrant
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 888
Armitage GUTS!!! : 233

Back to top Go down

Post by Defiant Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:45 am

hildebrant wrote:
Defiant wrote:
hildebrant wrote:

Vision of Escaflowne

its hard to hate really. Great music from Yoko Kanno. Some of the most unique mecha designs ever, wonderful characters. But despite it all it went through quite a few changes. It was originally going to be directed by the same man who directed G-Gundam, meaning Van would have been even more hotblooded than ever.
Originally the anime was a hit with young women alot more, so the movie was made darker and more violent to cater to young men. Since I love it so, mission accomplished. Despite all of this, the show didn't do so well in Japan, which explains why its original episode run from 56 was cut down to 26 episodes. The series itself was only a hit over here and in some parts of Korea I believe. The heavily edited version we got on Fox Kids for a time back in the early 00's didn't help matters but it did serve to get me into it that's for sure.

I know where you're coming from with the whole Inuyasha ending thing but I tend to think of Escaflowne as Inuyasha done right

Yea, the concept used to be more like gundam in middle ages. But I like how the series turned out in the end, the mangas based on concept really weren´t that good. It´s not the first anime that had budget problems...but still those 26 episodes were very good.
The movie hit a different note and I like it "differently in a good way" than the series.
Defiant
Defiant
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 348
Armitage GUTS!!! : 83

http://www.postavy.cz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next