Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Comic Book DC - Marvel Heroes Discussion/Reviews!

+6
BubuzukeOnna
hildebrant
Defiant
zanekal1
SpiderNeKoHiME
Luu Sky Sapphire
10 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Comic Book DC - Marvel Heroes Discussion/Reviews! - Page 3 Empty Re: Comic Book DC - Marvel Heroes Discussion/Reviews!

Post by firesphere306 Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:03 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
firesphere306 wrote:
I do! I use to read Batman, Superman, and X-Men comic books. I also read comic books/Graphic Novel's of shows that I watch. Orphan Black has one now and I have been meaning to read Xena as well.

SHOOT! I was supposed to show you my Xena comic collection while you were here, but I completely forgot! XD You would of loved them. Not sure if they're canon or not; Topps and Dark Horse did their own line up, so I would think not. Still, they're an  enjoyable read (adding some Xena x Gabby maintext doesn't hurt either).

Can I see some scans of the Orphan Black comic series? Happy

I didn't know you had Xena comics! I know we were looking all over in the comic stores while I was there and didn't find any! I don't own any Orphan Black ones yet but I am going to. They look soooo cool. These are the covers. I only read a few in a comic stores around here :)

Comic Book DC - Marvel Heroes Discussion/Reviews! - Page 3 OB01-cvrB-becb2_zpsud7dbkee

Comic Book DC - Marvel Heroes Discussion/Reviews! - Page 3 OB01-cvrC-11488_zpsckmsprrw

Comic Book DC - Marvel Heroes Discussion/Reviews! - Page 3 Idworphanblack_zpsqmv1ybtq

firesphere306
firesphere306
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Bubuzuke points : 1571
Armitage GUTS!!! : 212

Back to top Go down

Comic Book DC - Marvel Heroes Discussion/Reviews! - Page 3 Empty Re: Comic Book DC - Marvel Heroes Discussion/Reviews!

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:25 pm

The Orphan Black comics have nice artwork. Haven't spotted them at Classic Comics, may have to travel out to Midtown to get them.

GRANDE CHIE Before I get invested, though, I need to see the rest of the television series. Otherwise, I'm just following random episodic plot.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by firesphere306 Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:46 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:The Orphan Black comics have nice artwork. Haven't spotted them at Classic Comics, may have to travel out to Midtown to get them.

GRANDE CHIE Before I get invested, though, I need to see the rest of the television series. Otherwise, I'm just following random episodic plot.

I will show you some more episodes of Orphan Black while you are here. I want you to meet all of the clones to get an idea of how the show is :) I think once you watch more episodes you will like it a bit more.
firesphere306
firesphere306
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:27 am

firesphere306 wrote:
I will show you some more episodes of Orphan Black while you are here. I want you to meet all of the clones to get an idea of how the show is :) I think once you watch more episodes you will like it a bit more.

Just how many clones of Tatiana Maslany are there? XDDDD

---

Lately, I've picked up the new Princess Leia mini-series comics (takes place between A New Hope and Empire Strike Back), where she teams with a Rebel pilot (Evaan) to look for surviving people of Alderaan. It's pretty good, we see more of a Leia's sassy nature and her subtext relationship with the sarcastic Evaan are just darling~
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by firesphere306 Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:47 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
firesphere306 wrote:

Just how many clones of Tatiana Maslany are there? XDDDD

So far she has 13 Clones of her. The only ones that are STILL alive is Sarah, Alison, Cosima, Helena, Rachel, Tony (The Male Tatiana) and the little one that just showed up. This season they're introducing the Male clones but Tatiana's acting is sooo good. She has a different personality for each character she plays.

I would really like to start reading new comics, not sure where to start because there are soo many.
firesphere306
firesphere306
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:04 pm

firesphere306 wrote:
So far she has 13 Clones of her. The only ones that are STILL alive is Sarah, Alison, Cosima, Helena, Rachel, Tony (The Male Tatiana) and the little one that just showed up. This season they're introducing the Male clones but Tatiana's acting is sooo good. She has a different personality for each character she plays.

I would really like to start reading new comics, not sure where to start because there are soo many.

Whoa. STOP. Did you just imply that Tatiana is playing her male clones as well?!

_________

I could recommend a lot to you. Anything with Wonder Woman, Supergirl and Power Girl/Huntress should catch your interest. Especially Wonder Woman, a lot of her recent issues play out like a dark Xena. Only difference is, she doesn't really have a goofy female sidekick with her. When she does, the character only serves a small purpose.

On Marvel's side...I think the rebooted Elektra is still going on. It's easy to see why Jennifer Garner is such a fan. Elektra's adventures (no matter the era) are dark and stylized tales.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by firesphere306 Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:38 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
firesphere306 wrote:

Whoa. STOP. Did you just imply that Tatiana is playing her male clones as well?!

_________

I could recommend a lot to you. Anything with Wonder Woman, Supergirl and Power Girl/Huntress should catch your interest. Especially Wonder Woman, a lot of her recent issues play out like a dark Xena. Only difference is, she doesn't really have a goofy female sidekick with her. When she does, the character only serves a small purpose.

On Marvel's side...I think the rebooted Elektra is still going on. It's easy to see why Jennifer Garner is such a fan. Elektra's adventures (no matter the era) are dark and stylized tales.

Yep! She only plays as one male clone so far. Who knows how many there is!

I would totally love to check out wonder woman sometime. I have been meaning to for awhile.
firesphere306
firesphere306
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri May 22, 2015 11:01 pm

bump

Absolutely loved the Supergirl pilot. It did have some iffy CGI here and there and the pilot had the pacing of a modern Dr. Who episode (that's not a good thing). But overall, I loved the set up, the supporting cast did great and the rescue/fight scenes were nicely done for a TV series.

Most importantly, Melissa Benoist is a likeable Kara. She's not arrogant, try-hard witty or a bitch. She is an awkward, dorky and brave young woman who wants to help people and is eager ti improve. This is a hero, folks. Not bishonen from a JC Penny catalog who can't act.
smile emoticon

I look forward to seeing more of this incarnation. Just slow down that pace, add more detail to the CGI and you'll be fine, Supergirl 2015.

Comic Book DC - Marvel Heroes Discussion/Reviews! - Page 3 Superg10
Comic Book DC - Marvel Heroes Discussion/Reviews! - Page 3 Superg11

P.S. Calista Flockhart is fucking HOT as Cat Grant. Every time she was being a total commanding bitch, I wanted to get under her desk and...damn. DAMN. Cougars, man.

Comic Book DC - Marvel Heroes Discussion/Reviews! - Page 3 Superg12
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:25 pm

If you follow me on Facebook, you can see that I'm stunned by how decent the trailers for Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice and Suicide Squad were. See for yourself down below:

Why I feel BvS will be decent: I feel like Warner and DC finally listened to the valid criticisms of the shit stains that were the Nolan Batman trilogy and Man of Steel. Bringing us a film that centers all around the punishment of Superman causing the deaths of innocent people during his bitch fight with Not-Zod. If you watch closely, Batman (played by Ben Aflac Duck) looks incredibly pissed off and ready to crush anything in his way. This is quite reminiscent of Michael Keaton's portrayal of Batman. Then you have Wonder Woman, played by Gal Gadot, finally resembling Princess Diana by doing Wonder Woman things. Her bracelet block spot was pure awesome. It makes me hopeful for a solo WW film now.

Why I feel Suicide Squad will be decent: It's perfectly clear that Margot Robbie will steal the show as Harley Quinn. And finally, we have Harley in a motion picture! Margot looks the part; I'm so impressed with the casting. Jared Leto also let loose as a more looney Joker compared to Heath Ledger's terrorist act. You can tell Leto is trying to channel Jack Nicholson's perfect performance and SOUND like Heath's rendition-WHILE making it his own. I know Kara says he even captures the animated series Joker as well. I can see that, but it's obvious that his appearance has a more modern twist. Then I saw this:

Comic Book DC - Marvel Heroes Discussion/Reviews! - Page 3 Joker10

That's all Jack's Joker in Leto's promotional shot. So awesome. To quote Joker in Batman (1989):

"I like him already. HEE HEE HA HA HA Hee hee hee hee hee heeeee."
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3