Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Walkure Romanze (TV anime and visual novel) discussion thread

2 posters

Go down

Walkure Romanze (TV anime and visual novel) discussion thread Empty Walkure Romanze (TV anime and visual novel) discussion thread

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:57 pm

Walkure Romanze

Walkure Romanze (TV anime and visual novel) discussion thread A1540410
Walkure Romanze (TV anime and visual novel) discussion thread Vlcsna36
Walkure Romanze (TV anime and visual novel) discussion thread Vlcsna35
---

Also known as Walkure Romanze ~Shoujo Kishi Monogatari~, is a Japanese adult visual novel developed by the visual novel company Ricotta for Windows PCs. Walkure Romanze's anime story revolves around Takahiro Mizuno, a student studying at an academy with jousting as its main focus for sport. Takahiro acts as an advisor to the riders of the sport. Takahiro goes through each day tediously until the time of the annual competition draws near. Due to some odd circumstances, his childhood friend Mio Kisaki is enrolled into the competition. As she has never even rode a horse once in her life, Takahiro senses the fear in his friend and becomes Mio's coach.

So I started watching this series in hopes of finding some yuri elements to it. My dreams were quickly crushed by the strong harem theme that my girlfriend was suspicious about in the early going. Not all hope was lost as there is *some* yuri in the series, mainly between the character Akane Ryūzōji and Celia Cumani Aintree, or should I say-CELIA-SENPAI~~~ <3 <3 <3

So has anyone else seen this series or at least heard about it? Leave your comment below and discuss episodes. I'll dump my reviews of episode 1 and 2 in the near future.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Walkure Romanze (TV anime and visual novel) discussion thread Empty Re: Walkure Romanze (TV anime and visual novel) discussion thread

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:06 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire reviews Walkure Romanze Episode 2:

Walkure Romanze (TV anime and visual novel) discussion thread Vlcsna45

So after Bertille, the resident HOHOHOOOOO bitch girl challenges Mio to a jousting duel, we learn that Mio tried to get the duel cancelled. The Student Council tells her that she cannot cancel out because this is a practice out match to see if they can approve Mio. Despite not being in the Knight Curriculum, THEY MAKE HER DO THIS!? Don't these practice matches require...I dunno...PASSING GRADES!? I'd say they're taking a gamble with Mio for whatever reason. Mio then gets the idea of asking Celia for help, which causes Akane to have another yuri orgasm. LMAO! What's more is that they sort of hint that the bartender knows about her lesbian crush~

Walkure Romanze (TV anime and visual novel) discussion thread Vlcsna46
Walkure Romanze (TV anime and visual novel) discussion thread Vlcsna47

Takahiro then suggests that Mio should go through with the jousting duel and offers to help out as her squire. He does this out of guilt since it was technically his fault that Mio got into this predicament in the first place (thanks ladies~). Cut to the next day where we get a....penis...joke. >:3 Dammit, show! You had me convinced this was yuri heavy and you just had to throw that in there! WHY!? IT'S STUPID!!! Thankfully the scene doesn't last long and Mio's training is now underway. The training doesn't go very well as Mio isn't strong enough to handle a-AYAKO-SENSEI IS SUCH A HOTTIE!!!!!! *ahem* Sorry, I kind of got distracted there...

Walkure Romanze (TV anime and visual novel) discussion thread Vlcsna48

Where was I? Oh yeah! So because of Mio's lack of balance and power, her massive lance pulls her along and sways itself in every direction possible. This causes a lot of fanservice to happen thanks to the wind created by the swinging of the lance. KYAAAAAAAAA! THERE GOES ANOTHER ONE! HOW SHAMELESS! Finally, Akane is able to block Mio's runaway lance and Mio lets out a good cry. Her and Takahiro are both sent to the council office and....ANOTHER PENIS JOKE!? STOP IT, SHOW! STOP!!!!!!!!!! In the many years this Knight academy existed, how many times has any official heard the word THRUST without thinking of sex!?

Walkure Romanze (TV anime and visual novel) discussion thread Vlcsna49
Walkure Romanze (TV anime and visual novel) discussion thread Vlcsna50

Mio and Takahiro run into an old dude who informs them about a new transfer student that just arrived. The girl is said to be really good and is more than capable of being the top Knights in the academy. Later on, we see Takahiro hanging out until suddenly a neko shows up. He chases after it; concerned that it'll be killed by horses (a lovely thought~). He reaches to grab the cat, only to end up with an underage girl's boob in his hand. Her name is Lisa and she even has a friend who rightfully slaps Takahiro. Dude, that's TWICE today. :'3 You're not very good at this. The thing with groping women is, you get one good squeeze and then let go. Squeeze for too long and someone is bound to notice and arrest you~

Walkure Romanze (TV anime and visual novel) discussion thread Vlcsna51

Takahiro reunites with Mio again after a long and painful day. To his amazement, Mio is holding the lance in perfect form for a while. Takahiro notices that her hand in in rough shape, indicating that she's been practicing really hard. Way to go, Mio! After this scene, we find Takahiro talking to his horse Sakura until the beautiful yuri queen Celia shows up. Notice how he isn't phased by Celia's beauty? Are you really a man, dude? Oh wait, I guess he is now that Celia is all wet (thanks to his troll of a horse!) That was the first time he actually blushed.

Walkure Romanze (TV anime and visual novel) discussion thread Vlcsna52

Mio's jousting training continues with Takahiro until Noel Mares Ascot (LMAO!!!!) shows up (with a fang tooth for some reason...) to help train Mio as well. NOW THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT! An oral sex joke implied by Mio and Noel. <3333 What it really turns out to be is a stretching warm up so Mio isn't so stiff during training or competition.

UGH. DAMMIT. HAREM MOMENT WITH TAKAHIRO ACCIDENTALLY GROPING BOTH MIO AND NOEL. Show...please decide what you are! You're having a serious identity crisis right now.

Walkure Romanze (TV anime and visual novel) discussion thread Vlcsna53

During a shower scene, we learn that Noel wants Takahiro for herself (heterosexuality alert...) and has high hopes that he'll become her squire after Mio's duel is over.

NOW WE GET AN SURPRISE BOOT SECKS JOKE!? STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! What they were actually doing was getting Mio's armor on. Damn, those things are super tight if it needed the strength of two men to put it on. Mio gets the full treatment here, Takahiro's helmet, his horse and even his armor. She is ready for this duel wearing her boyfriend's gear. The episode ends and we're treated to the best part of the episode- the omake. The omake (with Mio in chibi form) explains what a squire is and what they do. Very cute.

Walkure Romanze (TV anime and visual novel) discussion thread Vlcsna54
Walkure Romanze (TV anime and visual novel) discussion thread Vlcsna55
Walkure Romanze (TV anime and visual novel) discussion thread Vlcsna56
Walkure Romanze (TV anime and visual novel) discussion thread Vlcsna57

Ugh...this series is a mouse trap. I wasn't wrong about the yuri subtext and the blatant yuri between Akane (clearly a lesbian) and Celia, but the rest is very heterosexual.

+ Great yuri scenes...
- ...ruined by hetero harem fanservice
+ Cute omake
- Predictable.
- ENOUGH WITH THE PENIS JOKES.
- Why did Celia have to be humiliated?! She's a Kaichou! Kaichou are always on top of things!
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Walkure Romanze (TV anime and visual novel) discussion thread Empty Re: Walkure Romanze (TV anime and visual novel) discussion thread

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:21 pm

Episode 7 of Walkure Romanze is loaded with yuri! o.o Akane and Celia got a little drenched during heavy rainfall, so they both conveniently meet up inside an old windmill. Both spend a majority of the episode naked; much to Akane's delight. Yuri, bondage, cunnilingus jokes, there's a lot to enjoy here. :)

Walkure Romanze (TV anime and visual novel) discussion thread Vlcsna77
Walkure Romanze (TV anime and visual novel) discussion thread Vlcsna78
Walkure Romanze (TV anime and visual novel) discussion thread Vlcsna79
Walkure Romanze (TV anime and visual novel) discussion thread Vlcsna80

This is the best episode of the series so far. Rather than just focus on the usual like who is going to be whose squire, this episode puts the subtext pairing in a sticky situation they have to work their way out of. You know, having the characters do something outside of their element while giving us the usual fanservice.

Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by franticfranz Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:14 am

Am currently watching this. Not on episode 7 yet, but Akane's so hilarious. XDDDDD
franticfranz
franticfranz
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Bubuzuke points : 2192
Armitage GUTS!!! : 273

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:26 pm

franticfranz wrote:Am currently watching this. Not on episode 7 yet, but Akane's so hilarious. XDDDDD

I don't know if Akane's school girl obsession with Celia is healthy or not. XD It's just cute to watch every time.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:44 am

Luu Sky Sapphire reviews Walkure Romanze Episode 11 and 12:

Walkure Romanze (TV anime and visual novel) discussion thread Vlcsnap-2014-01-04-22h34m27s169_zpsf90d6864
Walkure Romanze (TV anime and visual novel) discussion thread Vlcsnap-2014-01-04-22h33m54s108_zpsab3da2fd

We've reached the finals of the jousting tournament! Starting with the most anticipated battle in terms of yuri. With all her determination and skills at their peek, Akane is ready to take on the undefeated Celia-sama. Sadly, their match, while interesting, only lasts a few seconds. No matter how hard she tries to read Celia's movements, Akane fails to win the match. Celia makes her feel better by giving Akane her due credit. This moment made up for it because...they have eye sex. :'3

Walkure Romanze (TV anime and visual novel) discussion thread Vlcsnap-2014-01-04-22h38m54s36_zps99697aca
Walkure Romanze (TV anime and visual novel) discussion thread Vlcsnap-2014-01-04-22h39m05s129_zpsb669ec41
Walkure Romanze (TV anime and visual novel) discussion thread Vlcsnap-2014-01-04-22h39m24s81_zpsb91a0ce0

Next up is Bertille vs. Mio-chan. What a rip off! If they couldn't give Celia vs. Akane much screen time, the studio could of focused entirely on these two instead! I mean, Bertille is the reason Mio got into jousting in the first place! So what do we get for their reunion? AN OFF SCREEN VICTORY FOR MIO-CHAN! WHAT!? SHOW THE MATCH AT LEAST!!!

Walkure Romanze (TV anime and visual novel) discussion thread Vlcsnap-2014-01-04-22h41m14s157_zps950583a6
Walkure Romanze (TV anime and visual novel) discussion thread Vlcsnap-2014-01-04-22h41m19s208_zps158e47e5
Walkure Romanze (TV anime and visual novel) discussion thread Vlcsnap-2014-01-04-22h42m28s125_zpseb8b5500
I agree, Noel-sama.

That's two negatives so far. The episode has a lot of heart when it isn't focusing on the jousting matches. We get a cute comedy moment with Bertille, Noel's father arrives at the arena and finally cheers Noel in the sport he claims to hate. The problem is that even with all the build up and inspirational dialogue, the matches are too fast. This proves fatal for the final match in episode 12, but I'll get to that later.

Walkure Romanze (TV anime and visual novel) discussion thread Vlcsnap-2014-01-04-22h43m12s37_zps69e4b05e

Despite all my complaining, the following match (the final match of episode 11) is brilliant. My favorite character happens to be Noel (stubborn, hardworking and STRAIGHT! ) and I love how much is riding on her to win (no pun intended). She has her bitter jousting -hating father now cheering her on, her handicapped sister watching her, all her friends cheering her on and her own personal goal to be known as the one who kicked Celia's ass. The pressure is on for this Ascot royal, but she is ready to take Celia to school, even if it takes every breath in her body. During the match with Celia, Noel takes a beating but also manages to score hits on Celia. In an early round, she was able get a one-point hit on Celia, but Celia counters Noel with a shot to the abandon; scoring two points. So you're thinking, "how is she going to catch up now? She's a goner in the next round." Not Noel! She somehow manages to make Celia aim for her head, which is a penalty in jousting. Is it cheating? I'd like to think of it as smart. She fooled Celia into causing a penalty, giving an immediate point to Noel. This was Noel's shining moment for sure; what a woman!

Walkure Romanze (TV anime and visual novel) discussion thread Vlcsnap-2014-01-04-22h47m50s12_zps6bba5a0d
Walkure Romanze (TV anime and visual novel) discussion thread Vlcsnap-2014-01-04-22h49m46s149_zps7cf367b4
Walkure Romanze (TV anime and visual novel) discussion thread Vlcsnap-2014-01-04-22h49m56s255_zps261036f7
Walkure Romanze (TV anime and visual novel) discussion thread Vlcsnap-2014-01-04-22h50m23s254_zps40a5513e

Celia commends Noel for her desperate need to win, sacrificing her body to do so. After all, Noel could of gotten worse from that intentional concussion. The 11th episode ends with the two about to collide...who wins?!

Walkure Romanze (TV anime and visual novel) discussion thread Vlcsnap-2014-01-04-23h03m07s191_zpsd21cf5bf

Celia-sama.

Walkure Romanze (TV anime and visual novel) discussion thread Vlcsnap-2014-01-04-23h04m02s12_zps10affad8

Noel fails to defeat this unstoppable goddess, but she is not disheartened. In fact, her greatest victory of all happens once defeated. Following the match, Noel's sister Mireille shows up...WALKING! Mireille's heart was filled with so much joy that she mustered up the strength to embrace her sister. In my opinion, Mireille healed herself. Noel's amazing performance during the match gave her courage to walk. Very beautiful moment.

Walkure Romanze (TV anime and visual novel) discussion thread Vlcsnap-2014-01-04-23h04m30s30_zps218402a9

>:3 BUT THE FUN STOPS HERE.

Walkure Romanze (TV anime and visual novel) discussion thread Vlcsnap-2014-01-04-23h05m54s98_zps69b3750e
Walkure Romanze (TV anime and visual novel) discussion thread Vlcsnap-2014-01-04-23h12m19s120_zps6d41aa7a
Walkure Romanze (TV anime and visual novel) discussion thread Vlcsnap-2014-01-04-23h12m24s177_zpsa9d51b32

The final match is...meh. We get a scene where Mizuno is given a choice by the student council president. Either become a squire or leave the academy. Because Celia is such a powerful opponent on her own, he obviously chooses Mio. It all becomes predictable from here. And the match between Celia and Mio? OVER IN SECONDS. ALL SHOWN THROUGH A SHORT MONTAGE! Anime...really? Noel's entire match felt like the show's finale! AND FOR THIS....ugh.

Walkure Romanze (TV anime and visual novel) discussion thread Vlcsnap-2014-01-04-23h18m38s63_zps319da472
Walkure Romanze (TV anime and visual novel) discussion thread Vlcsnap-2014-01-04-23h18m45s147_zpsa49c58b3
That's all we get?!

The series ends with Celia-sama revealed to be the winner of the sudden death between her and Mio-san. The entire crew throw her a surprise party for her victory and Mizuno decides to keep chasing her dream as a Knight.

Walkure Romanze (TV anime and visual novel) discussion thread Vlcsnap-2014-01-04-23h20m31s146_zps303e15bb
Walkure Romanze (TV anime and visual novel) discussion thread Vlcsnap-2014-01-04-23h26m59s215_zpsb65379e8

Walkure Romanze fell into my foolish lap thinking it would be more yuri oriented than harem. In the end, Walkure Romanze had a lot of potential if it went in the directions that drew most strength. The yuri aspect, the jousting matches when we see the psychology involved (like in the Celia vs. Noel match) and without sounding biased- NOEL! Noel felt more like a main character than Mio-chan and had of a story than Mizuno. This realty didn't slap me in the face until I saw Noel's final match and boy did it hurt.

Walkure Romanze (TV anime and visual novel) discussion thread Vlcsnap-2014-01-04-23h33m10s68_zps3152f294
^ Mizuno took one too many hits with the snake.

Walkure Romanze isn't bad. It's a cliche yet entertaining series that doesn't know what it is half the time. There's a lot of potential with certain characters and the whole jousting theme is interesting, I just wish it were in the hands of someone who could take what made this series GOOD and expand on it.

Walkure Romanze (TV anime and visual novel) discussion thread Vlcsnap-2014-01-04-23h32m43s72_zpse0fc4601

+ Interesting characters (Noel, Celia, and Akane shine the most)
+ Jousting concept is really cool.
- Unnecessary phallic fanservice in the earlier episodes
- Cliche...
- ...even so, it could of been cliche the right way.

RATING: Meh...it's okay.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down