Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Strike Witches rant and discussion (WE DON'T NEED PANTS!)

4 posters

Go down

Strike Witches rant and discussion (WE DON'T NEED PANTS!) Empty Strike Witches rant and discussion (WE DON'T NEED PANTS!)

Post by midori's crazy398 Tue May 28, 2013 11:02 pm

Hey everybody. I just finished this anime (both seasons and the movie) last Thursday. I gotta say, this was the funniest and most ridiculously pervy show i have seen in a few months (*cough*Lucchini and Yoshika you titty lovers*cough* *cough*) However, in spite of the pervy hilarity, the action scenes were amazing and well animated, and the actual story, despite having a simple layout ie. Mankind vs. Aliens, was well played and allowed for lots of great character development and the relationships they all build with each other (especially Mio and Minna : D, ya'll know bout dat yuri). Basically the story is set in and alternate timeline in the year 1944, where WW2 never happened and instead aliens called Neuroi invaded Earth. Humanity could not fight them off, so they called all the witches from around the world to fight with the aid of the Striker Unit, a leg device that allows them to fly, and really big guns. Yoshika, a witch from the Empire of Fuso (Japan) ends up going to Britannia with the well renowned witch Major Sakamoto after mysteriously receiving a letter from her dead father, who developed the Striker Unit. She joins the military to fight the Neuroi as a way to honor her promise to her father to protect people with her powers. From then on, the series covers her battles and relationships with the fellow witches of the 501st Joint Fighter Wing. It's a great and funny show. My favorites would have to be Yoshika, Sakamoto, and Lucchini. Discuss and rant on the series if you've seen it!

Links:
Season 1
http://eyeonanime.com/strike-witches/

Season 2:
http://eyeonanime.com/strike-witches-2/

Movie:
http://eyeonanime.com/strike-witches-the-movie/strike-witches-the-movie-episode-1/

Last edited by midori's crazy398 on Wed May 29, 2013 6:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
midori's crazy398
midori's crazy398
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Bubuzuke points : 2588
Armitage GUTS!!! : 442

http://swif.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Strike Witches rant and discussion (WE DON'T NEED PANTS!) Empty Re: Strike Witches rant and discussion (WE DON'T NEED PANTS!)

Post by CaptainVonCookie Wed May 29, 2013 5:28 am

I only watched the first season. But I think we should follow their lead and implement a no pants law!!!

Honestly I continued to watch it for the Minna/Mio. So much potential!
CaptainVonCookie
CaptainVonCookie
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 535
Armitage GUTS!!! : 161

Back to top Go down

Strike Witches rant and discussion (WE DON'T NEED PANTS!) Empty Re: Strike Witches rant and discussion (WE DON'T NEED PANTS!)

Post by midori's crazy398 Wed May 29, 2013 6:37 pm

CaptainVonCookie wrote:I only watched the first season. But I think we should follow their lead and implement a no pants law!!!

Honestly I continued to watch it for the Minna/Mio. So much potential!

In that case, you might want to give season 2 a chance. Theres lots more Mio x Minna development, especially in ep 9 *_*, Mio is just legendary in that one. Also, the story is better developed and so are the characters. Fanservice still exists like in season 1, with the last four episodes cutting back as the story is pushed forward. The movie is also 100% story development, with pretty much non existent fanservice and action all over the place, but not really much development with any pairings either.
midori's crazy398
midori's crazy398
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by midori's crazy398 Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:20 pm

I've created my own SW forum! The link is here: http://swif.forumotion.com/

If anyone wants to join, check out the site! It's pretty much done, and positions for moderators are now open! My username on the site is Eternal Flyer, so any moderator candidates out there can just PM me on the forum. 501 4 Ever!
midori's crazy398
midori's crazy398
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:52 pm

bump 

"Strike Witches: Operation Victory Arrow" Starts This Fall
OVA trilogy kicks off in fall 2014

Strike Witches rant and discussion (WE DON'T NEED PANTS!) 3d362110

The site forStrike Witches: Operation Victory Arrow  has been updated with plans for what's now being called a OVA trilogy. The three 30 minute shorts bridge moe military series. Kicking off in fall 2014, it will explore the activities of the members between operations.

Special event theatrical screenings are planned.

---

Fantastic news for Strike Witches fans! /;A;/ BUT WHERE IS SAEKO CHIBA!?  Mio moe
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by midori's crazy398 Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:54 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
bump 

"Strike Witches: Operation Victory Arrow" Starts This Fall
OVA trilogy kicks off in fall 2014

Strike Witches rant and discussion (WE DON'T NEED PANTS!) 3d362110

The site forStrike Witches: Operation Victory Arrow  has been updated with plans for what's now being called a OVA trilogy. The three 30 minute shorts bridge moe military series. Kicking off in fall 2014, it will explore the activities of the members between operations.

Special event theatrical screenings are planned.

---

Fantastic news for Strike Witches fans! /;A;/ BUT WHERE IS SAEKO CHIBA!?  Mio moe

Omg Luu when I saw this on Shimada's twitter I lost my shit xD It's back! MOAR LUCCHINI! Sucks that its in the Fall though, the wait is just killer
midori's crazy398
midori's crazy398
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by PuppyHaru Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:00 pm

Strike witches

if only i could read Japanese then i'd be reading the light novels -sign-

I liked it alot the yuri subtext and the fact that they're furries when the use there Magic.

~but major it's Breezy~ Yoshika Miyafuji (SW)
PuppyHaru
PuppyHaru
HiME Ranger
HiME Ranger

Bubuzuke points : 172
Armitage GUTS!!! : 49
Location : Australia, otherwise check for a note I left on the fridge!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:57 pm

bump 

VIDEO: First "Strike Witches Operation Victory Arrow" Anime Preview
Expanded theatrical run kicks off September 20th
「ストライクウィッチーズ Operation Victory Arrow Vol.1 サン・トロンの雷鳴」PV

With advanced tickets for the expanded theatrical run going on sale today, a new preview offers a first look at Strike Witches: Operation Victory Arrow. Three 30-minute shorts will explore the activities of the military mahou shoujo between operations starting with Episode 1: The Thunder of Saint Trond, premiering at Cinema Shinjuku and Ikebukuro Sunshine Cinema September 19th, then expanding to other venues on the 20th.

Cast and staff on the series remain the same, but Silver Link will be taking over production from the previous anime's AIC.

Source: Crunchyroll
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by midori's crazy398 Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:07 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
 bump 

With advanced tickets for the expanded theatrical run going on sale today, a new preview offers a first look at Strike Witches: Operation Victory Arrow. Three 30-minute shorts will explore the activities of the military mahou shoujo between operations starting with Episode 1: The Thunder of Saint Trond, premiering at Cinema Shinjuku and Ikebukuro Sunshine Cinema September 19th, then expanding to other venues on the 20th.

Cast and staff on the series remain the same, but Silver Link will be taking over production from the previous anime's AIC.

LOOK AT IT! IT'S BEAUTIFUL! /;A;/ *dies*
midori's crazy398
midori's crazy398
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by PuppyHaru Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:38 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
 bump 

My Reaction
Strike Witches rant and discussion (WE DON'T NEED PANTS!) Tumblr_majnvbtRfF1rthhn5o1_r1_500
I seriously can't wait for this >.<
yay for more strike witches  Mikoto Minagi 
PuppyHaru
PuppyHaru
HiME Ranger
HiME Ranger

Bubuzuke points : 172
Armitage GUTS!!! : 49
Location : Australia, otherwise check for a note I left on the fridge!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:10 pm

Isn't it? Maybe I'm wrong, but Strike Witches had quite a hiatus after season 2. So it's nice to see more material for it!

laugh *Haruka cackles at Chitose gif*
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by midori's crazy398 Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:22 pm

For me, my favorite installments of the anime are

1. Season 1
2. Movie
3. Season 2

And now we have the first OVA and since Shimada changed the production team and animation studio, maybe my prediction on him going all out now will come true /;A;/ it shall be glorious (and even more so when I see my OTP's married and havin babies, it will happen...at least in headcannon)
midori's crazy398
midori's crazy398
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:36 pm

midori's crazy398 wrote:For me, my favorite installments of the anime are

1. Season 1
2. Movie
3. Season 2

And now we have the first OVA and since Shimada changed the production team and animation studio, maybe my prediction on him going all out now will come true /;A;/ it shall be glorious (and even more so when I see my OTP's married and havin babies, it will happen...at least in headcannon)

I still haven't touched much of season 2. Partially because I don't have time to sit down and watch it (streams are boring. If only I had a DVD set...) and the most obvious, I miss Saeko Chiba as Mio-chan.

Strike Witches in general was always keen on visuals and animation; they tend to improve over time. So no need to worry about the aesthetics!
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by midori's crazy398 Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:49 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
midori's crazy398 wrote:For me, my favorite installments of the anime are

1. Season 1
2. Movie
3. Season 2

I still haven't touched much of season 2. Partially because I don't have time to sit down and watch it (streams are boring. If only I had a DVD set...) and the most obvious, I miss Saeko Chiba as Mio-chan.

Strike Witches in general was always keen on visuals and animation; they tend to improve over time. So no need to worry about the aesthetics!

I believe you mean "Assthetics" xD
midori's crazy398
midori's crazy398
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:33 pm

midori's crazy398 wrote:I believe you mean "Assthetics" xD

Strike Witches rant and discussion (WE DON'T NEED PANTS!) Ivuwoe10

Indeed~ Strike Witches is known to have a good amount of randomly shot butts.  Nao Yuuki 
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by midori's crazy398 Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:37 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
midori's crazy398 wrote:I believe you mean "Assthetics" xD

Strike Witches rant and discussion (WE DON'T NEED PANTS!) Ivuwoe10

Indeed~ Strike Witches is known to have a good amount of randomly shot butts.  Nao Yuuki 

Send that Lucchini ass Maria's way  devious 
midori's crazy398
midori's crazy398
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down