Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Give me Head-Cha-La! Dragon Ball/Z/GT Discussion thread

+2
roxas <3 Arika Yumemiya
Luu Sky Sapphire
6 posters

Go down

Give me Head-Cha-La! Dragon Ball/Z/GT Discussion thread Empty Give me Head-Cha-La! Dragon Ball/Z/GT Discussion thread

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:05 pm

Give me Head-Cha-La! Dragon Ball/Z/GT Discussion thread Dragon10

Give me Head-Cha-La! Dragon Ball/Z/GT Discussion thread Dragon10

Give me Head-Cha-La! Dragon Ball/Z/GT Discussion thread Kawapa10

Give me Head-Cha-La! Dragon Ball/Z/GT Discussion thread Dragon11

---

This series doesn't need any type of introduction. It's one of the most recognized anime/manga series of all time. Everyone knows the characters. Everybody knows the stories (if you can call them that). Who gives a shit.

Well, I do. For the last time anyway, because Akira's poster series will go out with one final bang. The final bang that miscarried when DBGT, Dragon Ball Z Kai and Dragon Ball Evolution were created. This one will set off in a better way. It's called Battles of Gods. The 14th movie in the DBZ series.

Honestly, I did not hate this trailer. On the contrary, if DBZ is going to have one last hurrah, this is the perfect film to do that. "Battle of Gods" takes place after Kid Buu and before GT. It ignores the previous 13 movies, so it connects with the series. The story is pretty standard. A "lady fumi" (in quote as DBZ Gods can be physically hurt...) named Bills finds interest in Goku after learning he had defeated Frieza. So he heads over to Earth to fight Goku and his friends. Wiki says that Goku will lose, then his friends. Meaning the obvious...Goku will pull himself together and defeat Bills in the end.

Once again, Akira Toriyama is unable to tell a story. But who cares? This movie is exactly what should of released a long time ago. It makes up for the countless shitty videos games, DBGT, and DBZ Kai. How can I describe what the DBZ fandom means to me now...

You know that friend you're embarrassed to hang around with, but you still hang onto him anyway. Then many years later, he returns by accidentally running into you annnnd nothing's change. Except now, he did something right by marrying a nice girl and had a few kids. You and him sit down to discuss the good ol' days for a brief while before he vanishes from your life forever.

That is Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods to me. Definitely a must-watch, only second to Sailor Moon Remake 2013.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Give me Head-Cha-La! Dragon Ball/Z/GT Discussion thread Empty Re: Give me Head-Cha-La! Dragon Ball/Z/GT Discussion thread

Post by roxas <3 Arika Yumemiya Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:22 pm

THE best show ever untill they made kai an ever start to suck dck -.- - i hate 4kids an nicktoons now
roxas <3 Arika Yumemiya
roxas <3 Arika Yumemiya
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Bubuzuke points : 1905
Armitage GUTS!!! : 79

Back to top Go down

Give me Head-Cha-La! Dragon Ball/Z/GT Discussion thread Empty Re: Give me Head-Cha-La! Dragon Ball/Z/GT Discussion thread

Post by depression76 Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:44 pm

I like the manga more than the anime for DB, and indeed, it starts to suck after Z, and when GT comes around its a big facepalm moment =__=

Best arc for me is the Buu arc I think and my fav chara is Gohan, he's a cute nerd x)
depression76
depression76
White Devil Worshiper
White Devil Worshiper

Bubuzuke points : 7627
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1396

http://daydreamwiththedragon.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by IlliterateKoi Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:54 pm

depression76 wrote:I like the manga more than the anime for DB, and indeed, it starts to suck after Z, and when GT comes around its a big facepalm moment =__=

Best arc for me is the Buu arc I think and my fav chara is Gohan, he's a cute nerd x)

I agree with everything in this post :3
IlliterateKoi
IlliterateKoi
Goldfish wanker of Camelot
Goldfish wanker of Camelot

Bubuzuke points : 4261
Armitage GUTS!!! : 441

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:43 pm

depression76 wrote:I like the manga more than the anime for DB, and indeed, it starts to suck after Z, and when GT comes around its a big facepalm moment =__=

Agree with everything except Buu. :) Majin Buu saga was really scrapping the bottom of the barrel. Plus Sailor Moon SuperS came out in Japan that year and we know DBZ couldn't compete. pokemon

However it did have one great strong point: Kid Buu. That fatherfudger is INSANE and easily the strongest villain they've ever had. Unlike the other villains who claimed they'd blow up Earth, but never did since they feared the explosion killing themselves, Kid Buu destroyed multiple planets (including Earth) at a time. Now that's power.

BTW The trailer for Battle of Gods has been taken down thanks to copyright nonsense. Gee, Toei Animation. I'm happy to know that things haven't changed.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by depression76 Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:38 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
However it did have one great strong point: Kid Buu. That fatherfudger is INSANE and easily the strongest villain they've ever had. Unlike the other villains who claimed they'd blow up Earth, but never did since they feared the explosion killing themselves, Kid Buu destroyed multiple planets (including Earth) at a time. Now that's power.
This I agree with. My favorite boss fight was totally the tag team Goku-Vegeta + Mr. Satan (kinda?) again Kid Buu xDD That thing is fudging strong, you dunno how immensely relieved my 11 year old self was when I read that he was reincarnated to Uub. At least he's not an enemy anymore. I mean as strong as Goku is, an aged Goku won't be able to take much of Kid Buu, fused/super saiyan or not ^^;;

Ahhh goddangit, when Gohan got his hidden potential pulled out he became so awesomeeee >o< Too bad he was stupid enough to get sucked in *sighs*
depression76
depression76
White Devil Worshiper
White Devil Worshiper

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:29 pm

I hate to admit it since Goku is awesome (probably the only Z-Fighter I like), but he lost that fight against Kid Buu. Super Saiyan 3 form wasn't much help. It took a Genki Dama and 3,000 episodes worth of distraction to destroy the genocidal bubble gum. Goku took the win, but he needed a lot of help.

XD I know right? All that build up for Mystic Gohan, only to be absorbed. It's like, what's the point? Again, Toriyama doesn't know how to write story or probably just doesn't know what to do with a character like Gohan anymore.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by depression76 Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:37 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:I hate to admit it since Goku is awesome (probably the only Z-Fighter I like), but he lost that fight against Kid Buu. Super Saiyan 3 form wasn't much help. It took a Genki Dama and 3,000 episodes worth of distraction to destroy the genocidal bubble gum. Goku took the win, but he needed a lot of help.

XD I know right? All that build up for Mystic Gohan, only to be absorbed. It's like, what's the point? Again, Toriyama doesn't know how to write story or probably just doesn't know what to do with a character like Gohan anymore.

Lol yea, I was pretty pissed with that. I thought Vegeto would do the job but noooooo. Even tho Goku lost, I was pretty happy with the Genki Dama ending. Tho yea, it's lamer but it's more dramatic 83 A group effort so to say, and Mr. Satan gets to be helpful (kinda). He annoys me ever since he appear...=__=

UGH ikr? Dx I feel BETRAYEEDDDD. My fangirl heart was huyt. I suppose he wants to show off how Gohan is with this full potential, but then afraid Gohan would overshadow Goku Vegeta or something and then he got the poor sod sucked in with the Adult Buu =__=. Short lived, but hey, I'll take what I got *hugs final DBZ manga*
depression76
depression76
White Devil Worshiper
White Devil Worshiper

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:34 am

Haha, yeah I can understand that aspect. I'd like to make it clear that although DBZ is immensely flawed with it's characters and has little to no story, I can't give it a failing rating. Even today. To simply know it's importance on the anime/manga industry, influence from the monkey king, the pop-culture and it's memorable characters (JUST for being who they are and not what they are) is enough to give it a free pass. I was insanely crazy about Dragon Ball Z as a kid. Most guys can understand and relate to this. It's just that, after a while, it was a bit too childish. Maybe my standards have grown since, but there's a difference between a series that is childish but CLEVER and one that just childish overall.

Probably why Sailor Moon still holds up well in 2013 because underneath the shoujo aspect, the series was darker than I remember and this is just the anime. There are even clever moments added in the entire series like when Usagi found a Takarazuka photo book in Rei's collection. This clever addition to a pretty standard scene where the Inner Senshi just discuss whether or not Makoto is lusting over Haruka, is brilliant! It adds depth to Rei's character as someone who can be seen as bi-curious and it's just a nothing scene! Remember that I only use SM as an example since it, along with DBZ, are the two biggest names that got me into anime/manga in the first place. I don't need to reference Sailor Moon to make this point, just take a look at our own Mai-HiME. In practically all scenes with Takumi, he is the obviously weak uke boy as opposed to the strong, fit and hard-nosed Akira. Yet, someone like Takumi who simply expresses kindness towards others, makes Akira weak in the knees. So much that the roles reverse and now the uke, becomes the seme. A grown man protecting and comforting his woman. It's such a simple process, really. Character development mixed with adding small elements we as viewers can relate to is essential.

In DBZ we get nothing like this at all. Except maybe when Vegeta finally admits that Goku is better than him, showing he can admit when he was wrong. But by episode 2396y592473, it's like WE KNOW. Plus we've already seen Vegeta go through a change...or more like choosing to fight on the RIGHT side. There's a difference really. Don't believe me? Watch his training scenes for the Androids. Or how he foolishly allows Cell to become Perfect. It's not really adding anything to an already established asshole from the Saiyan saga. A PROUD asshole, but an asshole no less. :D

I enjoy DBZ now (the original series, movies and manga) for what it is. Cheap entertainment that's good. In other words, a guilty pleasure. Along the lines of the 80s Ninja Turtles. Which is why Battle of the Gods will be an awesome thrill ride. It doesn't feel like a cash-in since Toriyama himself is involved. It feels like that final chapter of a series that never really had a proper closure. So I'm looking forward to it and having high expectations that the Goku vs. Bills fight will, at the very least, top Goku vs. Frieza. Yes, I have that much faith in it.

But hey, at least it's not Dragon Ball Evolution, right? A movie so horrible, that it makes Breaking Dawn Part 2 an Oscar winning masterpiece.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by shezaei-neko Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:01 am

One of the anime from my childhood.
I watched this before knowing what the hell anime was. :3

The Real action movie and Kai are such a shame to this franchise.

Also, should I consider myself lucky that the local cinemas will bring the Battle of the gods movie to my country? :'3
shezaei-neko
shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Bubuzuke points : 4088
Armitage GUTS!!! : 756

http://shezaei-neko.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:58 am

shezaei-neko wrote:One of the anime from my childhood.
I watched this before knowing what the hell anime was. :3

The Real action movie and Kai are such a shame to this franchise.

Also, should I consider myself lucky that the local cinemas will bring the Battle of the gods movie to my country? :'3

Battle of Gods is an abomination of mankind. :)But you should watch it anyway, Neko. The *idea* of anime in the cinema is always a treat. You're talking to the guy who went to see the first three Pokemon films in the theaters. XD I was so young and stupid.

Prepare to marvel at the uninspired Super Saiyan G-O-D transformation and the fact that Goku QUITS. Yup, this movie is great alright. Worth the hype and fanboy praise. Rolling Eyes
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by aRANZa-tHAiR Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:16 pm

This series was my favorite at 4 or 5 years, is one of those good memories of my early childhood. Viewing anime with my uncle after school. Was typical for me to talk with the cousins about the transformations, for reasons of age, I remember much better DBZ, regarding GT, I was excited knowing of its existence,  a bit disappointed when I saw the anime (Im not saying it's good or bad, just I was expected much more) except the Baby's saga

Talking about movies... I love some, another... I like it but I don't love it and another... just awful.
the movie is being promoted much here in Mexico, midnight premiere, I think beyond the story, what catches my attention (personally) is the experience, the sensasion the emotion,this accumulation of people, reactions I love that!..

(btw) here in mexico have been many parodies on DB some are fanworks very creative, I love  "El consultorio del Doctor Goku" (Goku doctor's office), few animated shorts where supposed to goku is doctor and answer the questions of the people.  (Nappa parody is very cute!... and his book "El arte de amarte por Nappa")

Give me Head-Cha-La! Dragon Ball/Z/GT Discussion thread A3Hjw43CYAA1Cai

If you understand spanish is very fun (or maybe with subs, Im trying the subs and no, it's a bad idea, for the accent of the characters does not make a good translation and is almost incomprehensible)

or "La cumbia de Goku" is very rhythmic, the video is a bit exaggerated (and understanding that the video only has the purpose of entertaining) is bizarre but funny...

aRANZa-tHAiR
aRANZa-tHAiR
HiME Ranger
HiME Ranger

Bubuzuke points : 172
Armitage GUTS!!! : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:03 am

"La cumbia de Goku" is always a hoot to watch, I already knew about it (soy Peruano, carajo!). Dragon Ball/Z/GT is popular all over the world, but I know it remains immensely popular in Latin America. I've never seen more passionate fans of Akira Toriyama's classic series than in places like Peru, Argentina and yes, even Mexico.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by shezaei-neko Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:07 am

I really think that if it weren't for Latin American otaku, some series wouldn't even had the support they have internationally.
shezaei-neko
shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:38 pm

shezaei-neko wrote:I really think that if it weren't for Latin American otaku, some series wouldn't even had the support they have internationally.

I have to agree with that. It's almost as if mi gente believes Dragon Ball Z is the only anime series on the planet. O_O; It was like that a few years ago in Peru during their dinky little anime con in Lima.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by shezaei-neko Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:58 pm

Too bad that the younger generations that are watching DBZ here in Latin America have to cope with the suckness that is KAI... ;__;
Poor sods...
shezaei-neko
shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down