Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First Yuri/ Shoujo Ai

+18
Wolf-of-Wind
*BlackRose*
Natsukichan1
Daichi148
Yagamic
Cheshire Kat
ookamidesu
ATHENAx514
SulliMike23
depression76
shezaei-neko
IlliterateKoi
midori's crazy398
Luu Sky Sapphire
Kuga Natsuki
~Wakana~
SpiralDasher
Dead.And.Alive
22 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

First Yuri/ Shoujo Ai - Page 5 Empty Re: First Yuri/ Shoujo Ai

Post by Daichi148 Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:37 pm

in fact my first yuri was Utena but I fell in love with KnM
Daichi148
Daichi148
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 914
Armitage GUTS!!! : 23

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf-of-Wind Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:32 pm

shezaei-neko wrote:
Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
Never read the Kannazuki no Miko manga. I have it on my hard drive and never got around to it. Is it that bad?

Chikane x Himeko

This is just my opinion: Kannazuki no Miko is a classic series. But it's not a masterpiece like say, Sailor Moon, Noir or even Ga-Rei-Zero. I consider it a classic for being memorable and even a landmark in yuri fandom, thanks to Chikane and Himeko's relationship. Even by 2012 standards, Himeko's confession of love for Chikane is one of the most sweetest and heartwarming scenes in any series. Made me forget that KnM just had a barrage of gundam battles for one brief, beautiful moment.

Bad is an understatement. It's simply dreadful, hideous, horrendous...you get the idea.
And please, don't compare the beautiful gundams to these poor attempt of mecha battles... >.<

Also I agree with the confession scene being one of the most wonderful and sweetest scenes I've ever watched in anime.
In fact, it was that what made me love this series.

Yeah, the KnM manga was horrible. Not to mention as confusing as fack. I mean, the anime was slightly confusing, but the manga... I just kinda gave up on it.

KnM was my first yuri, and I'm really grateful that it was. Though it set the bar a little high, it really changed my outlook on some things. The concept of Chikane and Himeko's relationship is completely ... I can't even think of a word that does it justice. :) The build up to the confession was superb, the confession itself was as shezaei-neko described, and even the ending was the best ending I've ever seen. It's impossible for me to ever stop gushing over these two. Chikane x Himeko

...But the mecha battles... I hated them with a burning passion. Sorry, I meant hate.
Wolf-of-Wind
Wolf-of-Wind
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 791
Armitage GUTS!!! : 78

http://winded-wolf.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:33 pm

Wolf-of-Wind wrote:...But the mecha battles... I hated them with a burning passion. Sorry, I meant hate.

I'm not a huge fan of mecha either (strange, right? Since most male fans do. I prefer my normal sized heroes with supernatural abilities (Ex. Sailor Moon, Goku, Mai Tokiha, Kagura Tsuchimiya) who don't need machines to fly/fight.

Looking back on it, Kannazuki no Miko's mecha side of things almost gave the series an identity crisis. Like how the shitty Resident Evil 6 couldn't decide whether to be a Survival horror game, Call of Duty 5 or a Michael Bay film. Thankfully, KnM started to focus a lot of Chikane, her feelings for Himeko and Himeko struggling to realize that she IS in love with Chikane and not Soma. Soma is a good person btw, he even supports Himeko's decision to be with Chikane in the end. Having him in some jealous lover's rage would of made him the bad guy, so I'm glad they didn't take that route.

Soma, you'll find your princess someday, dude. But it's definitely not Himeko.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf-of-Wind Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:47 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:

I'm not a huge fan of mecha either (strange, right? Since most male fans do. I prefer my normal sized heroes with supernatural abilities (Ex. Sailor Moon, Goku, Mai Tokiha, Kagura Tsuchimiya) who don't need machines to fly/fight.

Looking back on it, Kannazuki no Miko's mecha side of things almost gave the series an identity crisis. Like how the shitty Resident Evil 6 couldn't decide whether to be a Survival horror game, Call of Duty 5 or a Michael Bay film. Thankfully, KnM started to focus a lot of Chikane, her feelings for Himeko and Himeko struggling to realize that she IS in love with Chikane and not Soma. Soma is a good person btw, he even supports Himeko's decision to be with Chikane in the end. Having him in some jealous lover's rage would of made him the bad guy, so I'm glad they didn't take that route.

Soma, you'll find your princess someday, dude. But it's definitely not Himeko.

KnM's one downfall was probably the mecha nonsense. I'm pretty sure that most fans watching the episodes might have ranted at the scene about how stupid the mecha were and when would there be more Chikane and Himeko goodness. :D

Yeah, Souma's a good guy, but KnM would have just been another anime with the nice guy and nice girl becoming an item if Souma and Himeko ended up together. I'm just glad that Souma handled Himeko's rejection (twice, I believe) nicely. lady fumi knows that Chikane would have legitimately lost her mind if Himeko chose Souma over Chikane (Again?). I mean, she was kinda rejected before, but instead of going batshit crazy, she just pretended to be batshit crazy while she thought of a brilliant plan of deceit.

I heart Chikane Himemiya so hard
Wolf-of-Wind
Wolf-of-Wind
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:54 pm

Pfft! The only ones who would of gone batshit insane over a Himeko choosing Soma ending would be the fangirls! XD In the end, Chikane x Himeko is my OTP for the series. Bottom line, these two had very strong feelings about each other. However, despite how strong these feelings were, both kept them buried deep within themselves.

Chikane's whole struggling was the most realistic compared to Himeko's. While Himeko's struggle was the equivalent of a closet lesbian who realizes she isn't happy with her boyfriend and is attracted to girls, Chikane's ordeal was that of a closet lesbian dealing with acceptance. She kept thinking if her desires and love for Himeko were indeed sin, just like any young lesbian who deals with a homophobic family.

These feelings cannot be helped. Not by Chikane, Himeko or anyone who is gay. Love is love and love is NEVER and I repeat...NEVER wrong.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf-of-Wind Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:12 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:Pfft! The only ones who would of gone batshit insane over a Himeko choosing Soma ending would be the fangirls! XD In the end, Chikane x Himeko is my OTP for the series. Bottom line, these two had very strong feelings about each other. However, despite how strong these feelings were, both kept them buried deep within themselves.

Chikane's whole struggling was the most realistic compared to Himeko's. While Himeko's struggle was the equivalent of a closet lesbian who realizes she isn't happy with her boyfriend and is attracted to girls, Chikane's ordeal was that of a closet lesbian dealing with acceptance. She kept thinking if her desires and love for Himeko were indeed sin, just like any young lesbian who deals with a homophobic family.

These feelings cannot be helped. Not by Chikane, Himeko or anyone who is gay. Love is love and love is NEVER and I repeat...NEVER wrong.

PREACH IT, LUU!

Haha, yeah, you got me there. Chikane would've just stayed close friends with Himeko if she chose Souma. But, thankfully, both Himeko and Chikane got their happy endings.

As for realism, I also agree with you. Chikane's struggle, imo, was much more painful than Himeko's. The only exception is when Chikane came back, and the time in-between, when Himeko was searching for Chikane and feeling completely lost and alone. Other than that, I think Himeko got off easy.
Wolf-of-Wind
Wolf-of-Wind
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by Grawrr Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:45 pm

The first anime I watched with some Yuri in it was Sailor Moon.

The second one with full Yuri was Kannazuki no Miko.
I adore that Anime, it will always hold a special place, even though the mecha was rather pointless.
Grawrr
Grawrr
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Bubuzuke points : 1234
Armitage GUTS!!! : 67

Back to top Go down

Post by IlliterateKoi Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:46 pm

Grawrr wrote:
I adore that Anime, it will always hold a special place, even though the mecha was rather pointless.

I think this sums up most peoples feelings on KnM XD
IlliterateKoi
IlliterateKoi
Goldfish wanker of Camelot
Goldfish wanker of Camelot

Bubuzuke points : 4261
Armitage GUTS!!! : 441

Back to top Go down

Post by Grawrr Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:49 pm

IlliterateKoi wrote:

Here, here! Seriously though, why on earth did they add it? It would've been a lot better without it. :D
Grawrr
Grawrr
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf-of-Wind Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:51 pm

Grawrr wrote:
IlliterateKoi wrote:

Here, here! Seriously though, why on earth did they add it? It would've been a lot better without it. :D

So that people would dislike Souma more for his constant interrupting of the yuri with his battle cries? :3
Wolf-of-Wind
Wolf-of-Wind
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by Grawrr Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:05 pm

Wolf-of-Wind wrote:

So that people would dislike Souma more for his constant interrupting of the yuri with his battle cries? :3

Lol! It worked, he drove me insane. He must not interfere with yumminess! Tis frowned upon in the Grawrr society. :D
Grawrr
Grawrr
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:44 pm

Grawrr wrote:Lol! It worked, he drove me insane. He must not interfere with yumminess! Tis frowned upon in the Grawrr society. :D

Aw, be easy on the guy. He didn't know there was gheyness happening between Chikane and Himeko. If he knew Himeko swung in THAT direction, I'm pretty sure he could of waved the white flag sooner. Gay Rainbow
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Grawrr Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:04 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
Aw, be easy on the guy. He didn't know there was gheyness happening between Chikane and Himeko. If he knew Himeko swung in THAT direction, I'm pretty sure he could of waved the white flag sooner. Gay Rainbow

Grr neko I suppose I shall. *glares* You are lucky this time Souma, but next time you won't be. *shakes fist* Argh
Grawrr
Grawrr
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by shezaei-neko Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:02 pm

The only part I liked about the mechas is the scene where Chikane takes Take no Mikazuchi straight from Souma and even makes the mecha change into his real form.
And makes him realize how weak he is and that if it weren't for Himeko, his power was nothing.
To me, that was epic.
shezaei-neko
shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Bubuzuke points : 4088
Armitage GUTS!!! : 756

http://shezaei-neko.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsukichan1 Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:16 pm

Yes, you are completly right. I think Souma is just in the wrong Anime >.>
Natsukichan1
Natsukichan1
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Bubuzuke points : 1219
Armitage GUTS!!! : 166

http://xxserichanxx.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:13 pm

shezaei-neko wrote:The only part I liked about the mechas is the scene where Chikane takes Take no Mikazuchi straight from Souma and even makes the mecha change into his real form.
And makes him realize how weak he is and that if it weren't for Himeko, his power was nothing.
To me, that was epic.

You win this time, ShezNek. That was a character moment for Souma, giving him a bit more depth in the process. Well played, well played.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by shezaei-neko Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:22 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
shezaei-neko wrote:The only part I liked about the mechas is the scene where Chikane takes Take no Mikazuchi straight from Souma and even makes the mecha change into his real form.
To me, that was epic.

You win this time, ShezNek. That was a character moment for Souma, giving him a bit more depth in the process. Well played, well played.

Depth? I think about it as throwing him into the mud and rub his face on the dirt... XD
Which partially is what happened in the series...
shezaei-neko
shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:19 pm

shezaei-neko wrote:
Depth? I think about it as throwing him into the mud and rub his face on the dirt... XD
Which partially is what happened in the series...

Statistically speaking. Wink It's difficult for Souma to have fans within the Kannazuki no Miko fandom. He just feels a little out of place.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by shezaei-neko Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:32 pm

I know who likes Souma!!
All the yaoi girls. XD
They like to pair him with his onii-chans. Razz
(Don't you think?)
shezaei-neko
shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Daichi148 Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:46 pm

I do not cheat, tsubasa is in reallity the Souma's lover, (at least I hope an I want this way) gay unicorn evrybody are gay... especially those two kawaiidesuplz O yeah!!... CENSORED (Sorry, sometimes my mind is very creative ) xD
Daichi148
Daichi148
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:49 pm

Daichi148 wrote:I do not cheat, tsubasa is in reallity the Souma's lover, (at least I hope an I want this way) gay unicorn evrybody are gay... especially those two kawaiidesuplz O yeah!!... CENSORED (Sorry, sometimes my mind is very creative ) xD

XD You got to admit Daichi for being the only one in MM history to go crazy for yaoi couples. Tsubasa x Souma actually works. X3
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsukichan1 Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:04 pm

Yup. My sis is a totally fan of this couple :) (My twin sis)
Natsukichan1
Natsukichan1
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by shezaei-neko Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:49 pm

KnM pleases yuri AND yaoi lovers.
CHEERS! beer
shezaei-neko
shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsukichan1 Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:47 am

CHEERS TOO beer
Natsukichan1
Natsukichan1
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Daichi148 Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:14 pm

KnM is a good reason ... (and highly acclaimed ... btw) to unleash all your fantasies! OMG! I'm an imaginative guy, ok really, Im the yaoi fan in MM but sometimes I would rather be a beautiful girl yureh!
Daichi148
Daichi148
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next