Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The What-Could-Of-Beens in your fandom life.

+6
depression76
ookamidesu
SpiralDasher
IlliterateKoi
Konaxookami
Luu Sky Sapphire
10 posters

Go down

The What-Could-Of-Beens in your fandom life. Empty The What-Could-Of-Beens in your fandom life.

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:52 pm

The What-Could-Of-Beens in your life.

This topic will focus on the things in your life that could of been done BETTER if circumstances were different or if you were in more control of whatever happened. Now I don't want you to confuse this with yet another personal thread where you spill your guts for everyone. This thread will be geared more towards subjects like this:

1. KorrAsami (Korra x Asami) fandom from The Legend of Korra:

Let's face it, most everybody wants it to happen. You can argue that it's a Nickelodeon show, so there's no possible way to create a lesbian storyline for children. Well, if you're one of those people, then you're a moron. Let's educate you a little shall we? Even on Saturdays, when the kids are at home sitting around the couch, there's a little show that doesn't hide anything about gays, lesbians and transgender people. It's called Degrassi. A slice of life teenage drama about Canadian kids in everyday life at school. A lot of the episodes are focus around gay characters. If Nickelodeon can have the balls to say they have homosexuals on their television program (unlike Disney Channel, where everyone is straight), then why can't they have gay characters on their children's programming? Spongebob and Patrick are huge fruits and nobody says anything. Why not two beautiful women from a series that's better drawn and has human elements to it.

Back to KorrAsami. Because of how the fandom portrays them on fanart, fanfiction and tumblr, it's clearly known to the world that Korra plays the part of the tough girl who is uke when it comes to the seductive seme seductress, Asami Sato.

ShizNat2 <----- Sound familiar?

I've often said that if KorrAsami were realized, not only would it be the next ShizNat, ratings for the show would skyrocket. The executives at Nickelodeon are supposed to be a business, sure, but it is poor business to not try something daring. Especially when the soccer mom approved "Anti-Bullying Campaign" was created BECAUSE of a homosexual's unfortunate suicide. If you watched The Legend of Korra, both Korra and Asami are strong, passionate and beautiful women. Why not break away from the norm of children's television and show them something REAL.

But nay, we have shareholders who say these shows are for stupid little children. Fuck kids, Fuck families, fuck the eldery, FUCK EVERYONE. Akira Okuzaki I'm the biggest heterosexual on this miserable ball of land mass and h20 and I want a gay couple to represent heroics. Do Korra and Asami have to overly sexual like the Iku-verse ShizNat? No. Can they be a well respected couple without being overly pervy? YES.

---

So there you have it. :) My opinion on that. If there's anything you could change from baseball games, anime fandom, movie releases, how authors wrote a certain book...feel free!
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

The What-Could-Of-Beens in your fandom life. Empty Re: The What-Could-Of-Beens in your fandom life.

Post by Konaxookami Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:34 pm

Oh boy...WHERE TO START

I think if I could change one thing right now it wuodl be the overall not so hot situation that the Homestuck fandom is in on Tumblr and at cons.

I mean. I'm a Homestuck. I love the web comic. But I'm mature about it. I'm older than the demograph for sure. Most people who read it are like 13-16 and I'm an 18 year old. I'm in the smaller, older part of the fandom. I now that.

But still, because there are a lot of people in the fandom who give us an awful name. When they cosplay they are loud and obnoxious and throw buckets and spit and blare horns everywhere and act obnoxious and then there are the people who bash other peoples ships. Or those who think others in the fandom are elitist because they run a popular ask blog, or are a popular voice actor or fanartist or a cosplayer. It leads to a lot of strife in a fandom and a lot of really REALLY bad horror stories. (Like the sharpie dyeing incident, or the Denny's incident or the most recent PAINT THROWING incident.)

SO I guess I would change the way the fandom sees each other and have all of us get along and act a TAD more mature so people don't hate us so much. And I know the hating is just because Homestuck is the latest FAD at cons like Hetalia was not too long ago and black Butler before that. It'll wear itself out. But I just wish we could all get along. That's all.

And stop the shipping wars. (I really REALLY don't care if you hate DaveJade just keep it to yourself and leave me out of it okay? Okay. Leave me alone with my OTPs and I'll leave you alone with yours.)
Konaxookami
Konaxookami
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Bubuzuke points : 2209
Armitage GUTS!!! : 803
Location : Somewhere between the Furthest Ring and the Hall of Justice

Back to top Go down

The What-Could-Of-Beens in your fandom life. Empty Re: The What-Could-Of-Beens in your fandom life.

Post by IlliterateKoi Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:59 pm

As much as I love me some yuri lovin', I just can't see Korra/Asami. I would have preferred it if they left the romance out of the series all together to be honest, but since they didn't...

Asami is clearly in love with Mako, and I think it would actually annoy me if she suddenly up and fell for Korra. If a 'gay' character suddenly falls in love with someone of the opposite sex it seems like the previous relationship didn't matter and therefore belittles any and all importance that it would have had. Can you imagine the outrage of fans if Shizuru suddenly decided she liked Reito? I just don't like to be hypocritical ^_^;

And anyway, we got one measly section of an episode in which the two properly interacted >.< Don't get me wrong, I would love for there to be more gay/lesbian/trans characters in kids programmes, but I don't want them just for the sake of it, if that makes sense?

As for something I would change...I don't know, I'll come back when I think of something Razz

IlliterateKoi
IlliterateKoi
Goldfish wanker of Camelot
Goldfish wanker of Camelot

Bubuzuke points : 4261
Armitage GUTS!!! : 441

Back to top Go down

Post by SpiralDasher Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:10 am

Marceline/Princess Bubblegum

Why aren't they together? Princess Bubblegum turned down Finn, saying he was too young and it'd be weird. Marceline turned down Finn and said she'd only ever see him as a friend (friendzone'd!). Finn falls hard for Flame Princess and Marceline finally got over her last boyfriend Ash.

In "What Was Missing" there's so much subtext that it's literally hard to deny it. That was borderline text. So why aren't they together when they have history and are trying to reconcile with one another? It's not because they already have partners, they're both single, no it's because parents got their feathers ruffled and began squawking and the studio couldn't take it. What. The. Fuck. Because of them, we probably won't even get another episode with those two interacting ever again. Thanks for the bigoted bullshittery, parents. Thanks. The media needs to get over this hurdle because it's one of the things holding America back from progressing.

There's so much fanart of these two it's mathematical. Even one of the show's own producers ships them and draws fanart on her tumblr!

Last edited by SpiralDasher on Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:51 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Algebraic!)
SpiralDasher
SpiralDasher
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 1200
Armitage GUTS!!! : 400

http://www.fanfiction.net/~littledemoninside

Back to top Go down

Post by ookamidesu Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:10 am

In Shitsurakuen!!

I would completely and totally change the ending of that manga. Because no, just no.

These girls have been living under the male-dominated, male-enforced oppression for all of their school lives. They've been humiliated. They've been threatened. They've been beat. They were treated like objects for the entire duration that they've been at the school. And suddenly, after Sora shows up, beats the guys responsible for the male-dominated oppression, all the boys had to do was say sorry and they were magically forgiven? I'm sorry. But that's not how it works.

When you've been through what those girls went through and for as long as they did, saying I'm sorry just doesn't cut it. Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned, okay?! You don't just forgive someone who hurt you and used you and treated you like an object for x amount of years when they say I'm sorry.

I'm not saying the girls can't forgive them. But geez! Put some thought and effort into how the girls would come around and forgive the assholes. I mean, that kind of thing doesn't happen overnight, but that's exactly what the author did. In a matter of hours, all is forgiven.

BULLSHIT!

*huff*

Oh, and SorraXTsuki? HELL NO!

SoraXYuki! MUCH BETTER. XD
ookamidesu
ookamidesu
Sexilicious Zhang-papa
Sexilicious Zhang-papa

Bubuzuke points : 8884
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1354

http://jnz5012.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by depression76 Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:25 pm

Well now...it's interesting to see people's rants xDD I can't rant so I'll just...babble.

What's bothering me is the pairing of Harry and Ginny Harry Potter fandom. Okay, so I know some people like it, but I for one was very disturbed by it >> For all I know ever since book 2, Harry has never been interested in Ginny. I dunno, Ginny has always been interested in him but the man himself didn't show any outright interest until the very damn BOOK SIX.

And that was like-- it came out of nowhere. It's badly written to me that it seemed like J.K. Rowling herself put them together as a last resort. And they don't really have a chemistry, and they interact very rarely as well.

I would have preferred Harry to end up with Hermione instead. Their dynamics were more than just friends, and you can pretty much see how much they care for each other. Especially in the movies.

Yea....I know some peeps would disagree, but this is my opinion xDD
depression76
depression76
White Devil Worshiper
White Devil Worshiper

Bubuzuke points : 7627
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1396

http://daydreamwiththedragon.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:25 pm

*shakes head* Koi.

---

Alien 3:

From the very time this film was announced, 20th Century Fox knew they had an impossible task. ALIENS was a huge success with it's more action gun-toting oriented storyline. It only makes sense to give the audience more of that with some new elements...right? Wrong. Instead we get Alien 3. A depressing film where all hope is lost. David Fincher had such a difficult time directing the film that if you mention Alien 3 to him, he will immediately dismiss it. The studio messed with him and it ended up being a universally hated entry in the Alien franchise all together.

If I were to go back and change Alien 3, something that was extremely EASY to do, it would of taken place on Earth. The idea of killing off Hicks and Newt, two very beloved characters from the second film would be trashed. Ripley busted her ass way in the second film to save Newt and she drowns in the third film? No. My concept would have Ripley, Hicks and Newt as a family returning back to Earth. Only to discover that the company was able to bring back a Xenomorph with them. Specifically a Queen. Resulting in everything going wrong.

With a new hive on Earth, it's up to Ripley and the Colonial Marines to once again stop a menace to the galaxy. If Ripley HAS to be killed off at the end, then it can be done. I didn't have a problem with that in the finished film, I feel she did need closure to her character. But everything leading up to that heroic moment in the Alien 3 we know today was a complete waste.

Granted there are some great one-liners in Alien 3, but the story is so dark and depressing, that it feels more like a bad dream Ripley had in hypersleep. Besides, until I get a GOOD explanation as to HOW the egg boarded the ship, Alien 3 is fanfiction. And don't get me started on Alien Resurrection. Even if it had yuri, the movie was atrocious.What do you expect, it's a direct sequel to Alien 3. A movie fans already panned. Made sense to make another, eh Fox? /endsarcasm.

Say what you want about the cheesy Alien vs. Predator movies, they saved the franchise by being prequels to the Alien movies and sequels to the Predator films. Where it stands right now, ALIENS is the final chapter. Ripley made it back to Earth with her new daughter, her future lover and android buddy and lived happily ever after.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by shezaei-neko Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:41 pm

I have to agree with Luu in the KorrAsami stuff.
If they had the balls to show more gay/lesbian romance, they wouldn't have used the romance factor soo soon in the series with Mako and Korra, which, let's face it, was too rushed.
If only they had done Korra a bit less interested in the guys and more in the pro-bending, so her sexual preference would be unknown. Also, tt would have been great that Asami have used Mako just to get closer to Korra. THAT would have been a nice twist. And even Korra could see that Asami was quite smexy. I certainly could see this happening if only the producers tried to make things a bit different. But since they set the pairings right away, then it would've been awkward for Asami to like Korra out of the blue....... the key word here is IF.
shezaei-neko
shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Bubuzuke points : 4088
Armitage GUTS!!! : 756

http://shezaei-neko.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:54 pm

shezaei-neko wrote:I have to agree with Luu in the KorrAsami stuff.
If they had the balls to show more gay/lesbian romance, they wouldn't have used the romance factor soo soon in the series with Mako and Korra, which, let's face it, was too rushed.
If only they had done Korra a bit less interested in the guys and more in the pro-bending, so her sexual preference would be unknown. Also, tt would have been great that Asami have used Mako just to get closer to Korra. THAT would have been a nice twist. And even Korra could see that Asami was quite smexy. I certainly could see this happening if only the producers tried to make things a bit different. But since they set the pairings right away, then it would've been awkward for Asami to like Korra out of the blue....... the key word here is IF.

The What-Could-Of-Beens in your fandom life. PDVD_016 : Ara, such intelligence~
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by shezaei-neko Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:46 pm

Luu and Shizuru-sama flatter me with such words. :3
shezaei-neko
shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Bubuzuke points : 4088
Armitage GUTS!!! : 756

http://shezaei-neko.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:32 pm

shezaei-neko wrote:Luu and Shizuru-sama flatter me with such words. :3

Flatter? Why it's the honest truth, Neko-chan~ ;3
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by GhibliFreek Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:58 pm

I think one of my biggest fandom gripes, that still makes me kinda annoyed, is TyZula.

It really did have so much promise, in a subtle way it became one of the most popular pairings to exist within the fandom. The way the two of them interacted is what caused everyone to notice their potential. They way Azula always seemed to have that little bit of a soft spot for Ty Lee, and of course Ty Lee's complete and utter devotion to the Princess.
I think the bit that really tore apart the hearts of the shippers though, was when Ty Lee disabled Azula, and destroyed all the trust Azula ever had in her, you could see the decision Ty Lee had to make, and the emotional turmoil it was causing her.

Even in Azula's last episode, there were signs of the emotional trauma it had caused. She had lost the person she had cared about most, and it was breaking her.

I think, overall, the series could have done a LOT more with these two...because a lot of what I said has been fan-interpretations....but the signs are there. And we never even found out what happened to the two of them after tLA, we all want to know....
*sobs and crawls back to tumblr to fawn over his otp*
GhibliFreek
GhibliFreek
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Bubuzuke points : 2319
Armitage GUTS!!! : 498

https://www.youtube.com/user/Graipe?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheshire Kat Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:17 pm

ookamidesu wrote:In Shitsurakuen!!

I would completely and totally change the ending of that manga. Because no, just no.

These girls have been living under the male-dominated, male-enforced oppression for all of their school lives. They've been humiliated. They've been threatened. They've been beat. They were treated like objects for the entire duration that they've been at the school. And suddenly, after Sora shows up, beats the guys responsible for the male-dominated oppression, all the boys had to do was say sorry and they were magically forgiven? I'm sorry. But that's not how it works.

When you've been through what those girls went through and for as long as they did, saying I'm sorry just doesn't cut it. Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned, okay?! You don't just forgive someone who hurt you and used you and treated you like an object for x amount of years when they say I'm sorry.

I'm not saying the girls can't forgive them. But geez! Put some thought and effort into how the girls would come around and forgive the assholes. I mean, that kind of thing doesn't happen overnight, but that's exactly what the author did. In a matter of hours, all is forgiven.

BULLSHIT!

*huff*

Oh, and SorraXTsuki? HELL NO!

SoraXYuki! MUCH BETTER. XD

ALL OF THE ABOOOOOVE

I had some real beef with the ending of that series. Seriously, these guys have literally nothing to fear other than a challenge from another dude, and if they are challenged then they treat the girls like shit, like objects and only objects. Then one guy says "it's hard for us, we don't like doing this!" and forgiveness is passed out like the cranberries at Thanksgiving Dinner?! If you didn't like it, then why were you going along with it?! The boys have all the power; if it's so hard on you, why don't you cause anarchy with the student council? They may have the strongest weapons, but they're nothing against a couple hundred angry girls and boys.

No, they love, love using those girls. Because it gives them a stance of power, because it makes the boys higher up than the girls are, because of this screwed up government-gone-major-patriarchy. The reason why the boys suddenly don't like doing this is because that have met their match; a girl who is stronger than them by a landslide, and a girl who treats their girls better than they do. And she crushed them, one by one. They aren't used to that, the boys don't like it, so they whine and cry like brats. And you know what, they don't deserve that apology! There was no sympathy for the girls before, so why was there for the boys?!

This series started out good, but the ending went to shit. Extreme shiiiiiit. I was so pumped for Sora taking it back to the guys, but then one of them crumbles and says "I don't like this, it's scary for the guys too!" and sudden forgiveness. HOW IS IT SCARY FOR THE GUYS UGH. I guess there is the case of being bullied for being nice to the girls, but come on! There was so much potentiaaaaal.
Cheshire Kat
Cheshire Kat
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 819
Armitage GUTS!!! : 219

Back to top Go down

Post by burande fujino Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:52 pm

Sailor mercury and sailor jupiter
fluck yeah!
Sailor Venus and sailor Mars.
of course
Shizuru viola, Shizuru Fujino, and me
The ultimate couple
burande fujino
burande fujino
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 310
Armitage GUTS!!! : 26

http://shizbrand.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down