Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Mai-HiME manga vs. Mai-HiME EXA: Which had the better artwork?

5 posters

Go down

Which had better artwork?

The Mai-HiME manga vs. Mai-HiME EXA: Which had the better artwork?  Vote_lcap247%The Mai-HiME manga vs. Mai-HiME EXA: Which had the better artwork?  I_vote_rcap 47% 
[ 7 ]
The Mai-HiME manga vs. Mai-HiME EXA: Which had the better artwork?  Vote_lcap253%The Mai-HiME manga vs. Mai-HiME EXA: Which had the better artwork?  I_vote_rcap 53% 
[ 8 ]

Total Votes : 15

The Mai-HiME manga vs. Mai-HiME EXA: Which had the better artwork?  Empty The Mai-HiME manga vs. Mai-HiME EXA: Which had the better artwork?

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:20 pm

The Mai-HiME manga vs. Mai-HiME EXA: Which had the better artwork?  Mh_man10
The original Mai-HiME manga artwork by Kenetsu Satō

HiME VS. HiME

The Mai-HiME manga vs. Mai-HiME EXA: Which had the better artwork?  Shizna11
Mai-HiME EXA manga artwork by Kōteiryū

The Mai-HiME manga vs. Mai-HiME EXA:
Which had the better artwork?

Simple question that needs a simple answer! Which of these Mai-HiME manga had the better artwork and why? Thanks to Magus Phantalus for the thread idea. :)

Voting poll added!!!
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

The Mai-HiME manga vs. Mai-HiME EXA: Which had the better artwork?  Empty Re: The Mai-HiME manga vs. Mai-HiME EXA: Which had the better artwork?

Post by hildebrant Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:11 pm

I'm going to go with the original. As an artist myself and one that thrives on details by the tons in his artwork and in others the original achieves it in spades. The fights, the attacks, the moments <the fanservice> all looked so much better in the original.
hildebrant
hildebrant
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 888
Armitage GUTS!!! : 233

Back to top Go down

The Mai-HiME manga vs. Mai-HiME EXA: Which had the better artwork?  Empty Re: The Mai-HiME manga vs. Mai-HiME EXA: Which had the better artwork?

Post by iRenji0713 Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:56 pm

I have to agree with bran-kun here. ;3
The original wasn't as cute as the EXA one, but HiME wasn't supposed to be a cutesy series in the first place.
What makes the original special was that, it managed to capture the essence of what the series should be, through its art.
EXA turned the atmosphere into a less serious state, while the original had the atmosphere set to make the readers go on an intricate journey to follow the characters as they delve deeper into the secrets of the HiMEs.
Plus the fact that they can set up fanservice without having the scene turn awkward. Razz
EXA, on the other hand, had very cute artwork that anybody could love.
iRenji0713
iRenji0713
炎髪灼眼の討ち手
炎髪灼眼の討ち手

Bubuzuke points : 404
Armitage GUTS!!! : 168

Back to top Go down

Post by SpiralDasher Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:04 am

As much as I hate the character portrayals in it, the original Mai Hime manga did have some really nice artwork.
SpiralDasher
SpiralDasher
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 1200
Armitage GUTS!!! : 400

http://www.fanfiction.net/~littledemoninside

Back to top Go down

Post by Magus Phantalus Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:57 am

Now as I said in the other thread this is difficult for me. I like both art styles I do each catches a unique feel of the My Hime well still staying true to the overall setting. That said I have to try very hard not to hate the art of the first manga's just because I hate the story. As an rtist myself that is just wrong for me to do.

In the end what it really came down to and I'm somewhat ashamed for admitting this it came down to... Natsuki's introduction in EXA complete with a pantyshot.

Okay moving but seeing Reito in full twisted Obsidian form and the unstoppable Kiyohime were also factors. The way Obsidian Reito's smiles are depicted as utterly sadistic were pretty badass. So as far as art goes I'm given it to EXA for how Natsuki and Obsidian Reito were depicted.
Magus Phantalus
Magus Phantalus
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 613
Armitage GUTS!!! : 148

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down