Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shizuru Fujino and Tomoe Marguerite [THE COMPARISON]

+3
Ice Silver Crystal
Hohoemu
Luu Sky Sapphire
7 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

shizuru - Shizuru Fujino and Tomoe Marguerite [THE COMPARISON] Empty Shizuru Fujino and Tomoe Marguerite [THE COMPARISON]

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:23 am

Shizuru Fujino and Tomoe Marguerite

THE COMPARISON!

shizuru - Shizuru Fujino and Tomoe Marguerite [THE COMPARISON] PDVD_021

shizuru - Shizuru Fujino and Tomoe Marguerite [THE COMPARISON] PDVD_030

Me and my roommate were discussing this at the dinner table. We had Shiroki Hime, Mezameru Toki playing (Ep. 21 of Mai-Otome) and it sparked a discussion that popped up during our talks here at MM in the past, but was never fully explored. The power of off-topicness!

When certain MH and MO fans watched Mai-Otome in it's entirety and viewed the actions of Tomoe Marguerite, who was the first character that came to mind? Shizuru. Not Viola mind you, but the most popular version of Shizuru (if you leave the worlds of Nanzaki Iku and ShayP out of this), the MH Shizuru-kaichou anime version.

I've word vomited it a thousand times in the past, Tomoe will always be an exaggerated version of Mai-HiME Shizuru. Taking the "I'll make you mine at any cost" gimmick a massive step forward. There are similarities between the two characters, they're graceful (Tomoe put on quite a bullshiit act in the early going.), strong, have a passionate love for their MPP. Only thing to me is that, Shizuru was influenced by the Obsidian Lord. Tomoe is a natural hater and a killer that is unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality. (omg, Tomoe is a Xenomorph.)

Did I mention how much of a bitch she is? Well she is, but we love her for that. ^_~

Take this time to compare the two, who's more innocent, who's more of a sinner, blah blah blah.

Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

shizuru - Shizuru Fujino and Tomoe Marguerite [THE COMPARISON] Empty Re: Shizuru Fujino and Tomoe Marguerite [THE COMPARISON]

Post by Hohoemu Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:36 pm

I totally agree!
There are common points between the two, that's right, but for me, Tomoe is nothing but a "dark Shizuru". Just as her, she wants to make the one she loves hers anyway, but as you said, she is naturally evil, she doesn't hesitate to use other people to obtain what she wants and gets rid of them as she did with Miya once she doesn't need them anymore, and doesn't hesitate to hurt people.
Shizuru was not that bad, she got the wrong direction only to protect Natsuki, and even at that moment she was not really herself for me. She is resolutely good.

That's why I can't like Tomoe, even though she is really cute and good looking I can't forget she's a bad person >.< SHIZURU POWA!!!
Hohoemu
Hohoemu
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 552
Armitage GUTS!!! : 248

http://www.poison-and-the-rose.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

shizuru - Shizuru Fujino and Tomoe Marguerite [THE COMPARISON] Empty Re: Shizuru Fujino and Tomoe Marguerite [THE COMPARISON]

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:28 pm

Hohoemu wrote:I totally agree!
There are common points between the two, that's right, but for me, Tomoe is nothing but a "dark Shizuru". Just as her, she wants to make the one she loves hers anyway, but as you said, she is naturally evil, she doesn't hesitate to use other people to obtain what she wants and gets rid of them as she did with Miya once she doesn't need them anymore, and doesn't hesitate to hurt people.
Shizuru was not that bad, she got the wrong direction only to protect Natsuki, and even at that moment she was not really herself for me. She is resolutely good.

That's why I can't like Tomoe, even though she is really cute and good looking I can't forget she's a bad person >.< SHIZURU POWA!!!

Bravo, mademoiselle Hoho-chan. :D Regardless of the nay sayers, Shizuru isn't a bad person. She just made a terrible mistake with violating Natsuki and killing people (again, imo, the killing is a result of the Obsidian Lord).

It makes wonder something about Tomoe. Did she honestly love "Shizuru-oneesama" as a person or an object? The girl was so possessive as all Hell, she would of attempted to kill Natsuki Kruger if the others didn't interfere.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Hohoemu Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:48 am

I don't really think a person like Tomoe could truly love anyone, for me she just loved Shizuru as on object as you said, bacause she is graceful and nice, and wanted to possess her "for prestige" maybe... She surely didn't love Shizuru as herself loves Natsuki, all she is interested by is power, it is clearly shown in Otome 0.
Hohoemu
Hohoemu
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:43 pm

Exactly, that's what separates Shizuru and Tomoe from each other. Shizuru only wanted possession of Natsuki during her misguided rampage, Tomoe wanted everything. The woman would make world domination her #1 goal if she could. Luckily Arika and the others stand in her way. 8)
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Hohoemu Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:31 am

Innocent girls will rule the world!! *hm... maybe not, in fact...*
Well, I will rule the world! *neither...!*

It's good girls like Tomoe don't really exist, or at least they don't have her powers ^^
Hohoemu
Hohoemu
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ice Silver Crystal Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:39 pm

Shizuru was sorry for hurting Natsuki; Tomoe is a monster. True love doesn't involve possession of a human being, Tomoe was never sorry for her actions. shizuru was.
Ice Silver Crystal
Ice Silver Crystal
Kruger Wolf Pack Puppy
Kruger Wolf Pack Puppy

Bubuzuke points : 1340
Armitage GUTS!!! : 485

Back to top Go down

Post by Hohoemu Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:47 am

That's right. Shizuru felt sorry and wanted to be forgiven for what she did, whereas Tomoe just didn't care, as long as she could have what she wanted.
Hohoemu
Hohoemu
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:43 pm

Hohoemu wrote:That's right. Shizuru felt sorry and wanted to be forgiven for what she did, whereas Tomoe just didn't care, as long as she could have what she wanted.

And yet, there are fans who still hate Shizuru more. I don't know if it's a popularity issue or the fact that at least Tomoe was honest with her brutality. I dunno, I'm just trying to understand the detractors a little better. lol In any case, Shizuru Fujino is the better character overall.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Hohoemu Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:38 am

Yeah, Shizuru Powa!!! X3

But Tomoe is so cute, she could have been a veery nice person I think <3
Hohoemu
Hohoemu
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:32 pm

Hohoemu wrote:But Tomoe is so cute, she could have been a veery nice person I think <3

Yes. Maybe if SUNRISE makes a new Mai-series, it will feature a kindhearted Tomoe. It will scare us in the beginning, but she'll grow on us. Maybe.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Hohoemu Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:18 am

Maybe. Why not after all? But I seriously think she wasn't kind enough in Otome to be used again as a nice main character, or it would be only her clone or twin sister X3
Hohoemu
Hohoemu
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:03 pm

Hohoemu wrote:Maybe. Why not after all? But I seriously think she wasn't kind enough in Otome to be used again as a nice main character, or it would be only her clone or twin sister X3

Yeah, her twin sister from an alternate universe. Not an impossible idea either, the Mai-series is filled with different universes and possibly more. One of them has to have a cooperative, considerate and caring Tomoe....
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Hohoemu Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:32 am

It could be a great idea. Quite surprising to see Tomoe being so nice to others, but I'd like to see it just once ^^ I mean, really nice, not only because she wants them to do something for her.
Hohoemu
Hohoemu
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:01 pm

Hohoemu wrote:It could be a great idea. Quite surprising to see Tomoe being so nice to others, but I'd like to see it just once ^^ I mean, really nice, not only because she wants them to do something for her.

I know what you mean. There's something else both characters seem to share. They're good at wearing "masks". In the beginning, Tomoe seemed like a nice girl who cared about her fellow Otome students at Garderobe Academy.

Shizuru was the popular girl, loved and respected by all (mostly by Haruka Suzushiro who practically looked up to her. Don't admit that in public though, it embarrasses her.). On the inside, she was rather lonely and fell deeply in love with Natsuki. The one person she always wanted to get close to.

Different "masks" of course, but "masks" nonetheless.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Hohoemu Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:28 am

But Shizuru just got lost because of her feelings, and she finally knew she was wrong and apologised. Tomoe never felt what she did was wrong, she just did it to obtain what she wanted, as she probably used to before coming to Garderobe -as she said. She's unforgivable whereas Shizuru is. Or am I just biased? è_ê
Hohoemu
Hohoemu
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sat Dec 25, 2010 3:21 pm

Hohoemu wrote:But Shizuru just got lost because of her feelings, and she finally knew she was wrong and apologised. Tomoe never felt what she did was wrong, she just did it to obtain what she wanted, as she probably used to before coming to Garderobe -as she said. She's unforgivable whereas Shizuru is. Or am I just biased? è_ê

Not biased at all. You do favor Shizuru strongly yes, but were you wrong about everything you just said about Tomoe? No.

My point was that both have flaws, it's just that Tomoe's outweigh Shizuru's.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Hohoemu Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:43 pm

It is =)
Hohoemu
Hohoemu
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by SpiderNeKoHiME Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:01 pm

no no you all have it wrong! ;_;
Tomoe is just a misunderstood lonely girl on the inside.
she funnier more assertive and beautiful than Fujino!
>> yeah i like bad girls. im different.
SpiderNeKoHiME
SpiderNeKoHiME
Spider Queen
Spider Queen

Bubuzuke points : 1353
Armitage GUTS!!! : 278

Back to top Go down

Post by Hohoemu Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:44 pm

She is very good looking, yeah. But even if I understand the reasons Shizuru had to act that way -she just truly loved Natsuki and wanted to protect her the best she could-, I can't really understand Tomoe's... She knew Shizuru was pretending when they were together, but didn't really care, she just wanted to have her onee-sama for her a moment. She was only jealous of Arika seeming so close to Shizuru, but that alone can't explain everything she did for me. However, I respect your point of view =)
Hohoemu
Hohoemu
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:04 am

👅 Sorry Megan, I cannot agree! There was no sob story to support Tomoe's actions. Even if Tomoe did love Shizuru in genuine fashion, then why couldn't she see that Natsuki Kruger is the one for her. It's not like Natsuki is a bad person, she's the Headmistress of Garderobe! But I guess that's how girls like Tomoe operate, whoever is clearly the better woman will immediately be a target.

Hoho-chan brought up Arika, another good example. Shizuru giving Arika lots of attention was just the beginning, Arika defeated Tomoe in various Dance Battles, which just adds fuel to the fire.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Konaxookami Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:18 pm

Shizuru and Tomoe...I could go on for a long time about these two-but in the end, Shizuru will come up on top as being a better human being in general. Did she do terrible things? Of course. In the name of 'LOVE'?! Yes, but even that's a pretty weak base for going and killing people you've never met before and whose only impact on your life has been causing a certain gene to awaken in your body. Really. But next to TOMOE...she is the much more likeable person. She had regret, and Tomoe was a sociopath borderline psychopath, who didn't have any regrets or anything. Which is scary in it's own way.

Watching Otome and seeing Tomoe at the beginning I had to remind myself that she was a crazy evil bitch at the end. xD If Tomoe stayed like that throughout the series I would maybe be able to say she trumps Shizuru on the moral scale-but as she is...being a crazy world domination obsessed woman who has some strange ass fetishes...Shizuru wins in being a better person x3
Konaxookami
Konaxookami
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Bubuzuke points : 2209
Armitage GUTS!!! : 803
Location : Somewhere between the Furthest Ring and the Hall of Justice

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:36 pm

Konaxookami wrote:Watching Otome and seeing Tomoe at the beginning I had to remind myselfthat she was a crazy evil bitch at the end. xD If Tomoe stayed like that throughout the series I would maybe be able to say she trumps Shizuru on the moral scale-but as she is...being a crazy world domination obsessed woman who has some strange ass fetishes...Shizuru wins in being a better person x3

Too many words. >o< So basically, because Tomoe is not only a psycho, but also sick in the noggin', Shizuru comes out looking like an angel in comparison? Fair deal. :) Thank you for shedding some light on our two girls, now Tomoe must kill you...

shizuru - Shizuru Fujino and Tomoe Marguerite [THE COMPARISON] PDVD_002-3

^ Judging by that reaction, she will do it gently. :3

Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Hohoemu Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:01 pm

But Shizuru IS an angel! X3 A sad, misunderstood angel, lost in the depth of forbiden love, she just needs someone to get her to the surface. Tomoe is just evil, though angelfaced...
Hohoemu
Hohoemu
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Konaxookami Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:15 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
Too many words. >o< So basically, because Tomoe is not only a psycho, but also sick in the noggin', Shizuru comes out looking like an angel in comparison? Fair deal. :) Thank you for shedding some light on our two girls, now Tomoe must kill you...

shizuru - Shizuru Fujino and Tomoe Marguerite [THE COMPARISON] PDVD_002-3

^ Judging by that reaction, she will do it gently. :3

xDD Well, with a face like that, how can I be upset about dying? Wait...that doesn't sound right... >>
Not to say Shizuru looks like an ANGEL. But if you were to put them before a scale of evil/insanity...Tomoe would definitely tip it FAR in her direction. xD
Konaxookami
Konaxookami
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Bubuzuke points : 2209
Armitage GUTS!!! : 803
Location : Somewhere between the Furthest Ring and the Hall of Justice

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next