Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon, PGSM, Sera Myu and Sailor Moon Crystal Thread

+19
shezaei-neko
burande fujino
midori's crazy398
iRenji0713
Lerena
SoulEaterHaruhis0s
depression76
The Random Ninja
Amaya
The Fire Stirring Ruby
Kyubey Mittens
Ice Silver Crystal
Konaxookami
Kino karutta-chan
SpiderNeKoHiME
Midori Sugiura99
LilPrincessAshley
emochick
Luu Sky Sapphire
23 posters

Page 13 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Go down

Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon, PGSM, Sera Myu and Sailor Moon Crystal Thread - Page 13 Empty Re: Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon, PGSM, Sera Myu and Sailor Moon Crystal Thread

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:19 pm

Kuga Natsuki wrote:Guys, I have some news!

So I was at Anime Expo today, and luckily enough I decided to go to the Sailor Moon panel first, and they announced the cast for the outer sailor scouts! Here's the list!

Sailor Neptune/Michiru Kaiou - Lauren Landa

Sailor Saturn/Hotaru Tomoe - Christine Marie Cabanos ----> Mako

Sailor Uranus/Haruka Tenou - Erica Mendez (o_O!!!!!!!!!!!) -----> Ryuko

Sailor Pluto/Setsuna Meiou - Veronica Taylor

And additionally...

Professor Tomoe - Keith Silverstein

And here's a funny little story:

Awesome report from Anime Expo's Sailor Moon panel! I was shocked by the amount of Aniplex talent they got for Sailor Moon S. These talented actresses worked on Kill la Kill and Puella Magi Madoka Magica, so expect quality going into the voices of Hotaru, Michiru and Haruka.

I also ship Erica and Lauren together. These two set that up nicely! Haha! It'll be awesome hearing Keith Silverstein as Professor Tomoe. Jeff Lumby did great in Cloverway's dub, but I want an even more insane performance!

---

Luu Sky Sapphire Reviews: Sailor Moon Crystal Act 25

Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon, PGSM, Sera Myu and Sailor Moon Crystal Thread - Page 13 Vlcsna10
Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon, PGSM, Sera Myu and Sailor Moon Crystal Thread - Page 13 Vlcsna11

Episode (Act) 25 of Sailor Moon Crystal left me in a world of hurt and ecstasy yesterday. So much that I was having trouble processing it! WARNING: SPOILED MEAT!!!!

Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon, PGSM, Sera Myu and Sailor Moon Crystal Thread - Page 13 Vlcsna12

We pick up where Prince Demande went batshit insane, about to combine the Silver Crystal of the Past and Future to destroy both realities. In essence, destruction of two universes. That is INSANE.

Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon, PGSM, Sera Myu and Sailor Moon Crystal Thread - Page 13 Vlcsna16

But thankfully, Sailor Pluto calls on the power to stop time, which according to Queen Serenity, is the third and greatest taboo of all. Setsuna had the best of intentions to break such a taboo, but unfortunately, it cost her her life. She claims the following,

"I wanted to be useful to you."

This comes from her strict mission of guarding the Space-Time Door; never being able to leave it. We, the audience know better. What more can she possibly do? She mentored and befriended Chibiusa, guided the Sailor Guardians and gave up her life to save them and two timelines. The poetic irony is that she WAS useful and as most of know; WILL be even more useful in the future.

Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon, PGSM, Sera Myu and Sailor Moon Crystal Thread - Page 13 Vlcsna13

Upon her death, Black Lady's despair reverts herself back to Chibiusa. In turn, releasing the Silver Crystal and transforming into a Sailor Guardian herself. Wiseman disappointed in her, goes ballistic on everyone, including Prince Demande. Demande's selfish ambition becomes his downfall, defending the Sailor Guardians for a brief time because they're HIS, not Wiseman's. Wiseman kills him off easily and battles the Sailor Guardians in an epic standoff. Sailor Moon and the Sailor Guardians attack him with everything they've got, but fail to destroy him. I was literally freaking out since Wiseman took a planet buster and high level magic in the face and didn't flinch.

Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon, PGSM, Sera Myu and Sailor Moon Crystal Thread - Page 13 Vlcsna14

The episode ends with Wiseman drawing Usagi and the others inside his distorted space body to personal confront them as his true identity; Death Phantom.

This episode captured the emotion of Pluto's sacrifice to save the space time continuum; the greatest scene from the manga (for me, personally). We are even treated to the birth of a mature Chibiusa and the Shakespearean end of Demande. Seeing how Naoko Takeuchi is overseeing SMC, I'm not surprised at all. She, better than most storytellers, is a master at storyline convergence. She can build up three different character arcs and brilliantly give them closure, or evolve them at the same time-AT THE RIGHT TIME. I've never seen anything like it with newer anime. This is old school writing and I love it.

Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon, PGSM, Sera Myu and Sailor Moon Crystal Thread - Page 13 Vlcsna15

+ Setsuna's farewell...
+ ...the result of the stakes being incredibly high
+ Sailor Chibi-Moon is born
+ WISEMAN IS A FRIGGIN' BEAST!
+ Demande going out like a misguided bad ass.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon, PGSM, Sera Myu and Sailor Moon Crystal Thread - Page 13 Empty Re: Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon, PGSM, Sera Myu and Sailor Moon Crystal Thread

Post by Ice Silver Crystal Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:05 am

omg! Congrats lauren!
she was good in madoka
-heart heart kyoko-chan-
i'm looking forward to hearing Erica as Haruka. .///.
really really want to see a clip right away!
Ice Silver Crystal
Ice Silver Crystal
Kruger Wolf Pack Puppy
Kruger Wolf Pack Puppy

Bubuzuke points : 1340
Armitage GUTS!!! : 485

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuga Natsuki Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:10 am

Ice Silver Crystal wrote:omg! Congrats lauren!
she was good in madoka
-heart heart kyoko-chan-
i'm looking forward to hearing Erica as Haruka.  .///.
Waiting for a clip of the outer senshis... frustrated
Kuga Natsuki
Kuga Natsuki
Space Samurai Marshall Banana

Bubuzuke points : 9709
Armitage GUTS!!! : 593

http://stargazerium.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:03 pm

Kuga Natsuki wrote:
Ice Silver Crystal wrote:omg! Congrats lauren!
she was good in madoka
-heart heart kyoko-chan-
i'm looking forward to hearing Erica as Haruka.  .///.
Waiting for a clip of the outer senshis... frustrated

You girls are waiting? Shit, I'll be a skeleton by the time Viz Media decides to release one! Didn't the spokesperson say Lauren, Erica and the others would start recording the day after Anime Expo ends? We'll hear a clip before you know it.

That is the moment where I'll lose my mind in the best possible way.

tenoh michiru kawaiidesuplz
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:54 pm

bump

Usagi Super Sailor Moon (Holy Grail Form) Figuarts photoshoot! Usagi

Quick facts: One of Usagi's stronger transformations, drawing power from the omnipotent Holy Grail. In this form, Usagi is given unlimited power; able to destroy any being with a one-hit kill version of the Moon Spiral Heart Attack, the Rainbow Moon Heart Ache. Though the attack is a sure kill, it can be canceled out if strong enough. The only one recorded history who was able to do so was the Snow Queen in the S movie.

Unfortunately, the Grail was destroyed after Mistress 9 used it to summon the God, Pharaoh 90, to destroy the universe. It's holy magic was powerful enough to break the seal around the Tau Nebula, allowing Pharaoh 90 to travel, in seconds, to Earth.

Even though the Grail was destroyed, Usagi was able to summon the power of the Grail one last time through her own Pure Heart.

Usagi wouldn't become Super Sailor Moon again until meeting Pegasus in season 4, but there's a different between the two. Pegasus's Super form increases Sailor Moon's power tons from her base form in season 3. And in many ways, her main attack, the Moon Gorgeous Meditation, is *almost* like a one-hit kill since it shatters your physical and astral body. However, Queen Nehelenia was able to survive a more powerful attack (getting blasted by the Golden Crystal at close range), meaning the Meditation is not a true one-hit kill. It's just really powerful. If Nehelenia were hit by the Rainbow Heart Ache, she would most certainly die.

Now, I am once again pleased with Figuarts and their quality of toys. Usagi looks incredible! The paint job is accurate! No smudges or peelings; everything is pristine! Even the tiny Holy Grail and Spiral Heart Rod were carefully crafted and painted without fail. Now I'm twice as excited to get Sailor V and Setsuna!

Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon, PGSM, Sera Myu and Sailor Moon Crystal Thread - Page 13 DSC00768_zpsuiwp5mhk
Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon, PGSM, Sera Myu and Sailor Moon Crystal Thread - Page 13 DSC00770_zpssvlcvoqt
Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon, PGSM, Sera Myu and Sailor Moon Crystal Thread - Page 13 DSC00771_zpstxmsszgu
Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon, PGSM, Sera Myu and Sailor Moon Crystal Thread - Page 13 DSC00773_zpscfhzqq95
Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon, PGSM, Sera Myu and Sailor Moon Crystal Thread - Page 13 DSC00774_zpsenhlbmpk
Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon, PGSM, Sera Myu and Sailor Moon Crystal Thread - Page 13 DSC00776_zpsgztmsyua
Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon, PGSM, Sera Myu and Sailor Moon Crystal Thread - Page 13 DSC00777_zps0sgppqmc
Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon, PGSM, Sera Myu and Sailor Moon Crystal Thread - Page 13 DSC00778_zpsfry7wsgd
Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon, PGSM, Sera Myu and Sailor Moon Crystal Thread - Page 13 DSC00779_zpshdybwdi2
Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon, PGSM, Sera Myu and Sailor Moon Crystal Thread - Page 13 DSC00779_zpshdybwdi2
Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon, PGSM, Sera Myu and Sailor Moon Crystal Thread - Page 13 DSC00780_zpsss3ltptz
Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon, PGSM, Sera Myu and Sailor Moon Crystal Thread - Page 13 DSC00781_zps2yrybx6f
Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon, PGSM, Sera Myu and Sailor Moon Crystal Thread - Page 13 DSC00783_zpsw9ugpfbj
Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon, PGSM, Sera Myu and Sailor Moon Crystal Thread - Page 13 DSC00784_zps4jaeh1yv
Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon, PGSM, Sera Myu and Sailor Moon Crystal Thread - Page 13 DSC00785_zps4oypwfvu
Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon, PGSM, Sera Myu and Sailor Moon Crystal Thread - Page 13 DSC00786_zpsrqhqdjjd

Outtake!

NEW CHALLENGER: KID BUU

This ass wipe from DBZ decided to interrupt Usagi's photo shoot. Someone is gonna get GOT. Celestial Moon Queen style, bitch. datgodess pokemon dawn

Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon, PGSM, Sera Myu and Sailor Moon Crystal Thread - Page 13 DSC00787_zpsjs59yjmo
Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon, PGSM, Sera Myu and Sailor Moon Crystal Thread - Page 13 DSC00788_zps0lxmkcpl
Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon, PGSM, Sera Myu and Sailor Moon Crystal Thread - Page 13 DSC00789_zps5hnwuebz
Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon, PGSM, Sera Myu and Sailor Moon Crystal Thread - Page 13 DSC00790_zpsgvskqbbh
Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon, PGSM, Sera Myu and Sailor Moon Crystal Thread - Page 13 DSC00791_zpsyddpewum
Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon, PGSM, Sera Myu and Sailor Moon Crystal Thread - Page 13 DSC00792_zpsp2m1arv7
Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon, PGSM, Sera Myu and Sailor Moon Crystal Thread - Page 13 DSC00795_zpsw3cyleeg
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:31 pm

AuroraPeachy was the first to break the news to me, so I thought it would be fitting to share her "Crystal Cast" video to announce it here.

Usagi SAILOR MOON CRYSTAL SEASON 3 (INFINITY ARC) IS CONFIRMED!!!! Usagi

Get ready for Mistress 9, The Witches 5, Pharaoh 90, awesome fights, beautiful animation...HARUKA AND MICHURU.....CYBORG HOTARU.....THE RETURN OF SAILOR PLUTO!!!! setsuna

@_@
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:06 am

Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon, PGSM, Sera Myu and Sailor Moon Crystal Thread - Page 13 12439010

The Greatest Heroes in animation are BACK. And they look better than ever! This clipping was obtained from the only YouTuber I give a shit about - AuroraPeachy. It's interesting that Peachy believes the artwork is so pretty, yet so different, that it comes off as fanart! *laughs* Well! A drastic change in art direction (by Toei Animation no less) is strange, but very much welcomed.

Sailor Moon Crystal season 3 will of course cover the Infinity Arc from the manga. Meaning you will get Haruka, Michiru, the return of Setsuna, the debut of Hotaru, the Deathbusters, the epic battles, the darkness, the Pharaoh 90 battle...holy shit, I am sooooooooooo psyched! Chibi moon
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:21 am

Usagi Ami Mizuno minako makoto rei burn michiru tenoh setsuna hotaru

Seiyuu cast revealed for Sailor Moon Crystal Season III: Infinity Arc! I'll include a previous role of theirs that I enjoyed.

Sailor Uranus – Junko Minagawa (Yun from Yona of the Dawn)
Sailor Neptune – Sayaka Ohara (Erza Scarlet from Fairy Tail)
Sailor Saturn – Yukiyo Fujii (Rebecca Rossellini from Lupin III 2015)

Professor Tomoe – Takuya Kirimoto (Ri'ichi Jin'nôchi from Summer Wars)
Kaolinite – Hikari Yono (Bridget Amber from Brighter than the Dawning Blue)
Pharaoh 90 – Takaya Hashi (Toki from Fist of the North Star)

Eudial – Chiaki Takahashi (Dove from A Little Snow Fairy Sugar)
Mimete – Yuki Nagaku (New to me. Haven't heard her bits in Saint Seiya: Soul of Gold)
Viluy – Rina Honizumi (Same as above. Her biggest involvement was Kyoukai no Rinne and a small background voice in Kill la Kill)
Tellu – Naomi Ohzora (Chieri Ogata from The Idolm@ster Cinderella Girls)
Cyprine – Umeka Shouji (Also new to me. She was Kiki in Seinto Seiya: Meio Hades Elysion-hen)

Source: sailormoonnews
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:55 am

「美少女戦士セーラームーンCrystal」第3期<デス・バスターズ編>
4月4日(月)~TOKYO MXほか全国6局にて放送!
主題歌第①弾

オープニング曲:やくしまるえつこ
エンディング曲:セーラーウラヌス×セーラーネプチューン

■商品概要

「ニュームーンに恋して」やくしまるえつこ/「eternal eternity」セーラーウラヌス(CV.皆川純子)×セーラーネプチューン(CV­.大原さやか)
発売日:2016年4月27日
品番:KIZM-423~4(CD+DVD)
価格:1,500円+税
【収録内容(予定)】
M-1「ニュームーンに恋して」
歌唱:やくしまるえつこ
作詞・作曲:ティカ・α 編曲:やくしまるえつこ/山口元輝
Produced by やくしまるえつこ
M-2「eternal eternity」
歌唱:セーラーウラヌス(CV.皆川純子)×セーラーネプチューン(CV.大原さやか­)
作詞:meg rock作曲・編曲:齋藤真也
+各off vocal.収録
OP・EDノンテロップ映像
OP・EDフルコーラスダイジェスト映像(予定)

---

I came.
blush
And it felt good~

SERIOUSLY, THE OPENING IS INCREDIBLE!!!!! The brooding Saturn, Haruka and Michiru being mysterious and hot, Usagi transformation into Super Sailor Moon (Holy Grail version), everyone soaring through the sky, the melancholy theme song (that sets the tone for the disturbing Infinity Arc), the smooth animation....

Nothing is bigger than Sailor Moon now. I will review EVERY. SINGLE. EPISODE for future podcasts. AND THAT'S NOT ALL! CHECK THIS SHIT OUT:

「美少女戦士セーラームーンCrystal」エンディング曲「eternal eternity」セーラーウラヌス×セーラーネプチューン

「美少女戦士セーラームーンCrystal」第3期<デス・バスターズ編>
4月4日(月)~TOKYO MXほか全国6局にて放送!
主題歌第①弾はOPやくしまるえつこ、EDセーラーウラヌス×セーラーネプチューン!

■商品概要

「ニュームーンに恋して」やくしまるえつこ/「eternal eternity」セーラーウラヌス(CV.皆川純子)×セーラーネプチューン(CV­.大原さやか)
発売日:2016年4月27日
品番:KIZM-423~4(CD+DVD)
価格:1,500円+税
【収録内容(予定)】
M-1「ニュームーンに恋して」
歌唱:やくしまるえつこ
作詞・作曲:ティカ・α 編曲:やくしまるえつこ/山口元輝
Produced by やくしまるえつこ
M-2「eternal eternity」
歌唱:セーラーウラヌス(CV.皆川純子)×セーラーネプチューン(CV.大原さやか­)
作詞:meg rock作曲・編曲:齋藤真也
+各off vocal.収録
OP・EDノンテロップ映像
OP・EDフルコーラスダイジェスト映像(予定)

THE NEW HARUKA X MICHIRU DUET ENDING SEQUENCE!!!!!!!! ANIMATED AND EVERYTHING!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! tenoh michiru

FUCK!!!!!!!!!!! DREAMS DO FUCKING COME TRUE!!!!!! Haruka sounds like the manliest Takarazuka actress. It's great, it's freaking GREAT.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:37 pm

In case you missed it on my YouTube channel (subscribe already, you peons! tomoe2 ), here is Princess Kagayaki, Firesphere306 and yours truly, watching and reacting to the premiere episode of Sailor Moon Crystal season III!

We had a blast doing this! Awesome way to kick off the new season of Crystal. Usagi
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri May 27, 2016 10:50 pm

Just dumping my last two reviews of the two latest SMC episodes! Usagi In the Name of the Moon!

---

Luu Sky Sapphire reviews Sailor Moon Crystal Act. 32 (Episode 33) Infinity Arc : Three Guardians

Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon, PGSM, Sera Myu and Sailor Moon Crystal Thread - Page 13 Kimg0013

I mentioned how our beloved media lately seems to share a common thread: the theme of picking sides. 2016 will forever remain as the biggest year for this gimmick. The current elections, Batman V Superman, Captain America: Civil War, Fire Emblem Fates, and of course, Sailor Moon Crystal. Despite the popular theme being presented in their own ways, only two utilized it soundly. I could care less about the elections, as all the candidates cannot deliver what they "promise", for better or worse. Batman V Superman and Civil War didn't work because both NEEDED things to happen in order to have a confrontation. Nothing felt natural, or real in either story, especially in Civil War. Their conflicts could of been resolved with the snap of a finger, if they just sat down for more than 5 seconds without someone getting hot-headed because "plot". The conflicts between Nohr and Hoshido work beautifully in Fire Emblem Fates. There's no easy street for Corrin to take. The itch that FEF does scratch, though, is Corrin him/herself. The story *needs* him or her to change the outcome, again, for better or worse for her birthright or corrupt kingdom. Sailor Moon Crystal takes a step above with it's "pick a side" conflict by having no right or wrong sides. In the original 'Sailor Moon S', the Outer Senshi were clearly in the wrong as they never acknowledged Usagi as their Queen until their battle post-Pharaoh 90 defeat. There was no proof that Usagi *couldn't* save Hotaru, destroy Pharaoh 90 and save the universe all at once. Yes, she made a huge error by handing the Holy Grail to Mistress 9, but she still had the Silver Crystal. Established in both the climax and the S Movie, as a wish granter in extreme situations.

Sailor Moon Crystal's conflict is handled so much better than ever before with it's neutral take. From the start, the Outers make it clear that they serve Neo Queen Serenity, and pledge their allegiance to her in every conceivable way. HOWEVER! Rather than take matters into their own hands by force and without care, Haruka informs Usagi and the Inner Senshi, that their roles as eliminators of outside invaders is strict and just. Rather than damn Usagi and the others for interfering, Haruka is now strongly recommending that they handle the Death Busters threat. It is their job, not the Queen's, to fight this powerful enemy. Usagi does not like the idea of these three throwing their lives away, but she is dealing with guardian soldiers with the most pride in their work. Sailor Pluto set this notion up in the last season, informing the audience that her role was important. So important, that even a member of the royal family would be executed if they interfered. Keep in mind, that it was Neo Queen Serenity of the future who green-lit this mission objective, so it's not like the Outers are living by their own rules, as they did in the original series. They make a point to do their job, because they've been doing it for as long as creation itself. And they're damn good at it.

The next morning, a TV report on Professor Tomoe appears, and Kenji (Usagi's earth father), tells Usagi that Tomoe was involved in controversial bio-engineering. At the command center, Luna and Artemis fill everyone in on an accident that took the life of Tomoe's wife, and left burned scars all over his daughter's body. The girls agree to investigate the Professor and Hotaru further. Chibiusa is hesitant to do so, given how much she cares for Hotaru. But compared to the original series, Chibiusa maintains her composure and agrees to investigate this manner as a soldier herself. We don't need to see her plea like she did in the original series. Crystal established that Chibiusa is a lot more mature this time around, so if there's any mystery and danger to Hotaru, she wants to confirm it first. Ah, speak of the devil! Hotaru contacts Chibusa and asks if she can hang out for a while. After an hour of waiting, Chibiusa rushes to Hotaru's home and accidentally discovers Hotaru's scars and cybernetic parts! Hotaru is hurt by Chibiusa running in fear, feeling the pitying eyes of Haruka, Michiru and Setsuna's auras and begins to question her own mortality.

Accepting Kaori's request, Cyprine, the last of the Witches 5, casts a strange hailstorm all over the city that causes the people of Tokyo to get violent, causing riots all over the city. The Outers battle Cyprine, but are quickly taken down! The Inners appear, but thanks to Cyprine's amplified magic crystal, she causes the Outers and Inners to battle one another to the death. Usagi appears to take Cyprine out with a Moon Spiral Heart Attack, but seeing how Tellu was able to block it, it does absolutely nothing to Cyprine, except tickle her. Oh, and split into her twin body, Ptilol. This causes Usagi to start building up her power to take this fight to the next level. And no, I'm not talking about blue hair and a tiny increase that resembles 5 previous transformations. I'm talking about the soon-to-be birth of Super Sailor Moon (Holy Grail version).

SMC has done it again. Everyone continues to have a crucial role to play. And all sides evenly distribute a meaningful position for the audience to take part in. If you believe in what you do, and what you were born to do, you'll be ‪#‎TeamOuters‬. If you believe in helping your fellow man or woman, because no matter how good a person may be, sooner or later, everyone needs a hand, you'll be ‪#‎TeamSerenity‬. Even Chibiusa carries the burden of immense conflict from within. The kindest and most sweetest friend you've ever known, *could* be an enemy. She is right smack in the middle of what will become a difficult choice to make. Fulfill her role as a Guardian? Or discover a way to save the one she loves? And unlike the flat and uninteresting Zemo from Civil War, there is no simplistic revenge-story-behind-the-scenes orchestration. Cyprine succeeded in dragging out the darkest hearts of the Sailor Senshi, causing them to fight. While they initially don't want to kill one another, the subconscious desire to be the "right one" is there. In all of them. That was all Cyprine needed. Excellently executed, Naoko and Toei. Well done. WELL DONE.

+ "Choose A Side" done with actual care
+ Character development for Chibiusa
+ CYBORG HOTARU!
+ The writing
+ Cyprine in general. She is level 999 for a fucking reason! LOL

---

Luu Sky Sapphire reviews: Sailor Moon Crystal Act 33 Infinity 7 Transformation - Super Sailor Moon

Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon, PGSM, Sera Myu and Sailor Moon Crystal Thread - Page 13 Kimg0017

"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds."

I floated it out there that the story line was not only getting more intense in the narrative, but also darker. In a desperate attempt to free the Sailor Guardians from Cyprine and Ptilol's control, Sailor Moon summons the Holy Grail by drawing the goodness from within Mamoru, Chibiusa and the rest of the Sailor Guardians. As I mentioned in my last review, the subconscious desire to be united as one; dwell within both sides. This increase in holy magic frees everyone from Cyprin's magic, resulting in the Guardians offering their energy to Sailor Moon, causing her to ascend to the next level as Super Sailor Moon. Thank Toei for those animation tributes to the original series! I think the music cues were better in the original anime, but I freaked the Hell out when Usagi went Super nonetheless. As Professor Tomoe looks up at the light emanating from Sailor Moon, the Christ symbolism rears it's beautiful head again. It's funny how DC Comics tries so hard to sell Superman as a Christ figure, when Usagi fits the bill by miles. Her goodness makes her stronger. Love IS her superpower. Forgiveness gives her unlimited power. Keep in mind, this is just her second form...

Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon, PGSM, Sera Myu and Sailor Moon Crystal Thread - Page 13 Kimg0011
Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon, PGSM, Sera Myu and Sailor Moon Crystal Thread - Page 13 Kimg0010

As Super Sailor Moon easily destroys Cyprine and Ptilol, Hotaru feels the tug of the energy rising within her. The demonic being inside her is amused by Kaolinite's frustration, stating that she's not worthy of serving Pharaoh 90. Back on the building rooftop, Haruka, Michiru and Setsuna decide to reveal everything to Sailor Moon and her friends. After an amusing scene in Haruka's trashed (and stupidly expensive...) apartment, the Outers reveal the truth behind the destruction of Silver Millennium (watch season one), resulting in a brand new universe caused by the Guardian who should never be awakened - Sailor Saturn. The Soldier of DEATH and REBIRTH. She will make this clear in a future episode. It was heartbreaking to hear Haruka, Michiru and Setsuna mention how they watched the Moon Kingdom's destruction from afar. Unable to help, due to their strict objectives as defenders of the Outer Solar System. If that wasn't enough, it pained me as a viewer to see Usagi refusing talk of that horrible day. To make matters worse for our heroes, the Outers inform them of the identity of the reincarnated Sailor Saturn - Hotaru Tomoe. Chibiusa's best friend. With Death Busters influence, along with being a soldier of destruction that's capable of wiping out the universe, Haruka feels there's no choice but to murder Hotaru. Michiru and Setsuna agree, as fellow soldiers of the Outer Solar System. Usagi pleads with them to leave Hotaru alone, promising to save Earth without any sacrifices. In rebuttal, the Outers make a point that even if they granted Hotaru mercy, her body will not longer be able to contain Sailor Saturn.

Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon, PGSM, Sera Myu and Sailor Moon Crystal Thread - Page 13 Kimg0014
Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon, PGSM, Sera Myu and Sailor Moon Crystal Thread - Page 13 Kimg0012

"That's why we can't act in line."

Just when you think the Guardians are one, they split again. Brilliant from a character perspective. Usagi exploited the Outers as allies, indeed, but they cannot, nor will not succumb to Sailor Moon's pleas. They wave their own Queen off, insisting their method of protecting all of creation is the most logical. The most effective. Chibiusa then races to Hotaru's home in hopes of protecting her from the Outers. Upon arriving at Hotaru's home, Hotaru's is suddenly taken over by Mistress 9. A cosmic goddess created by Pharaoh 90. Mistress 9 rips Chibiusa's silver crystal from her body. The episode ends a triumphant Mistress 9 boasting to Pharaoh 90 that she has one of the silver crystals.

This episode had an explosive opening with Super Sailor Moon's reveal, and an explosive bookend with the appearance of Mistress 9 stealing the silver crystal. As much as I loved them both, it's the middle act that shined the most. This was an episode that took the time to add emotional weight to it's revelations. Like a true third act, it went back to the beginning, to expose something that wasn't clear from the get-go. We learn of the Outer Guardians feeling helpless during the Queen Beryl attack, Sailor Saturn's major role in the rebirth of the universe, that it's Uranus, Neptune and Pluto given the task of summoning Sailor Saturn when the terrifying rebirth process needs to happen, Chibiusa taking immediate action to protect her friend, no matter who or what she is (no longer afraid to face Hotaru). You can't build up your conclusions better than SMC is doing now. With Hotaru awakening as a monstrous being who now has possession of the god-like silver crystal, our heroes are at their lowest point. It's going to get worse before it gets better. This leaves the audience questioning the status and position of the true Sailor Saturn.

Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon, PGSM, Sera Myu and Sailor Moon Crystal Thread - Page 13 Kimg0016
Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon, PGSM, Sera Myu and Sailor Moon Crystal Thread - Page 13 Kimg0015

+ Marvelous revelations
+ Super Sailor Moon
+ THE RAINBOW MOON HEART ACHE!
+ Mistress 9's soul piercing eyes and overall presence
- Cyprine and Ptilol died way too easily...
+ ...then I remember that it was Super Sailor Fucking Moon that killed them and completely understand. LOL!
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:21 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire reviews: Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 35: Infinity 8 Infinite Labyrinth 1

There's no doubt that when the chips are down, when everything hits rock bottom-WHEN THE ENTIRE WORLD IS AGAINST YOU AND HAS YOU AT THEIR MERCY...the ones who genuinely care about you will be there. No matter how much stone their hearts may seem. Episode 35 of SMC is one that tests the seemingly unselfish and those who deny their sistren.

Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon, PGSM, Sera Myu and Sailor Moon Crystal Thread - Page 13 Dsc01214
Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon, PGSM, Sera Myu and Sailor Moon Crystal Thread - Page 13 Dsc01213

The episode opens on a grim note with the passing of Chibiusa, caused by Mistress 9 ripping the Silver Crystal from her body. With her death comes a bit of hope, as Mamoru suggests that his own life energy can keep his daughter conscious to some capacity. However, it won't last long, seeing how the Silver Crystal acts as Chibiusa's soul. This causes Sailor Moon and the others to act quickly and return to Mugen Academy for one final showdown.

Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon, PGSM, Sera Myu and Sailor Moon Crystal Thread - Page 13 Dsc01212

Mistress 9 is not pleased with her frail body (despite being all powerful), and orders Kaolinite to finish the Sailor Guardians off. Mistress 9 meets with Master Pharaoh 90 and offers it the Silver Crystal. At this point, the subconscious of Sailor Saturn reminds Mistress 9 that the crystal is protected by Chibiusa's soul. Explaining why it emits such immense holy magic, enough to satisfy Pharaoh 90's ambition. Kaolinite resurrects the Witches 5 to take the Sailor Guardians out once and for all.

Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon, PGSM, Sera Myu and Sailor Moon Crystal Thread - Page 13 Dsc01215

One by one, each Sailor Senshi falls prey to the illusions and mind-manipulation of the Witches 5, dragging them into a pit of selfishness by exploiting their burden of teaming with Sailor Moon. While this burden isn't how Rei, Minako, Mako or Ami really feel, there is ALWAYS that one part of your brain that says, "yeah, but..." Like in Cyprine's mind rape, the girls have succumb to this one percentage of misanthropy.

Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon, PGSM, Sera Myu and Sailor Moon Crystal Thread - Page 13 Dsc01219

Usagi is the only one who forcefully struggle against the tide, causing a ripple effect of anger and contempt from everyone, including an illusion of Mamoru. Speaking of Mister Tall Dark and Handsome, the real Mamoru communicates with Usagi through thought; giving her the strength to fight back. She fights the Witches 5, only to be overwhelmed. As the Outer Guardians battle their way through endless Daimon thorns, they notice Sailor Moon in danger and rush to the rescue. After killing the Witches 5, the girls reunite in a heartwarming scene (Haruka x Usagi shippers? THIS SCENE IS FOR YOU!!!! AND I'M RIGHT THERE WITH YOU! <3 ), and take on Magus Kaolinite. Kaolinite transforms into a Super Daimon and manages to take everything the girls can dish out! Amazing durability. Sailor Moon, now Super Sailor Moon, ends up destroying her with the Rainbow Moon Heart Ache. The episode finishes off with Mistress 9 swallowing Chibiusa's Silver Crystal into her body. Now the universe is truly fucked now...

Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon, PGSM, Sera Myu and Sailor Moon Crystal Thread - Page 13 Dsc01218
Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon, PGSM, Sera Myu and Sailor Moon Crystal Thread - Page 13 Dsc01310

This was another home run for SMC. It guides us to the main conclusion of the story albeit slowly, taking it's time as the Death Busters are like strong barriers that need to be taken down one at a time. During which, we're treated to physical, emotional and psychological battles. The Inner Sailor Guardians, who we are used to be the more cooperative of the two factions, are exposed as imperfect people. Yes, we know this, but we see that there's a small part of each girl that would rather not fight. That everything would just disappear around them, so they can just focus on their careers. This works to various degrees of success as the Sailor Guardians are not weird space aliens. Though they once ruled various planets with their own sets of laws and scriptures, they share a common thread that relates to the human want. You can't blame them for falling into the mind rape so easily, which speaks volumes about the Witches 5's ability to drag out the most selfish part of our being. For better or worse. Then you have the Outer Senshi. Uranus, Neptune and Pluto may be jotting down their own game plan in killing Hotaru, but they are unable to shake off their fellow idealistic Guardians. So each of them feels compelled to save the others, no matter the disagreements. On that subject, Michiru is WAY too overpowered in this series...AND I LOVE IT! Submarine Reflection is a holy water based attack that completely wipes the physical and astral body from existence. No wonder she KILLED ALL THE WITCHES 5 IN ONE SHOT! AND FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER...

Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon, PGSM, Sera Myu and Sailor Moon Crystal Thread - Page 13 Dsc01217
Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon, PGSM, Sera Myu and Sailor Moon Crystal Thread - Page 13 Dsc01216

"CHRONOS TYPHOON!"

Setsuna's manga-only attack is used to free the Sailor Guardians from the mind-ripe pillar. GENIUS, TOEI ANIMATION! I WANT TO KISS ALL THE ANIMATORS AND PRODUCERS RIGHT NOW.

+ Grim opening
+ Witches 5's manipulation sequence
+ Chronos Typhoon and Submarine Reflection are beautifully animated
+ The Outers Senshi's little "slip". Great character development
+ Haruka x Usagi moment. My heart melted.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:02 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire reviews Sailor Moon Crystal Episode XXXVIII: Infinity 11 Infinite–Judge

Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon, PGSM, Sera Myu and Sailor Moon Crystal Thread - Page 13 Kimg0013
"The heavens declare the glory of the Scythe, and the firmament showeth Her handiwork."

Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon, PGSM, Sera Myu and Sailor Moon Crystal Thread - Page 13 Kimg0014
Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon, PGSM, Sera Myu and Sailor Moon Crystal Thread - Page 13 Kimg0012

I'm in awe. Sheer awe of this episode. As we draw closer to the conclusion of this dark, downbeat and expansive season of SMC, we are treated to a spectacle of apocalyptic glory; with Sailor Saturn leading the Alpha-Omega charge.

Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon, PGSM, Sera Myu and Sailor Moon Crystal Thread - Page 13 Kimg0018
Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon, PGSM, Sera Myu and Sailor Moon Crystal Thread - Page 13 Kimg0010

We last left our heroines combining the power of their two respective Holy Grails to destroy Mistress 9. We pick up during the struggle where, if I may...MISTRESS 9 COMPLETELY DAMAGE SPONGES THE COMBINED EFFORT! Seriously, even two Rainbow Moon Heart Aches have trouble obliterating Mistress 9's body! The Inner Sailor Guardians and Tuxedo Mask even jump in to unleash their most powerful attacks, AND THEY STILL CANNOT DESTROY MISTRESS 9. Jeez, louise! Mistress 9 was OP in the original series, but she's even stronger here! I mean, I *get* that the manga incarnations of the Sailor Moon universe were stronger (which says a lot), but holy shit, two holy magic solar system destroyers couldn't get the job done. A lesser villain off the top of my head from any other show would of died miserably. Here, Mistress 9 is taking it like a master guru! WHAT THE FUCK!?

Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon, PGSM, Sera Myu and Sailor Moon Crystal Thread - Page 13 Kimg0011

Meanwhile, Uranus, Neptune and Pluto maintain the Talisman barrier to prevent Master Pharaoh 90 from destroying the planet. With Mistress 9 allowing herself to withdraw and be absorbed by Pharaoh 90, the alien God now has enough of a power increase to shatter the barrier and unleash the darkness all over Earth. This scene was both brilliant and heartbreaking to watch. The Sailor Senshi failed to neutralize the threat. To make matters worse, all options have been exhausted and the Tau Star System portal now hovers over the planet. Nuh-uh says Sailor Moon! In a heroic last ditch effort to save the Earth, she uses the last ounce of Holy Grail properties to sacrifice herself to the void of Pharaoh 90.

Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon, PGSM, Sera Myu and Sailor Moon Crystal Thread - Page 13 Kimg0017

We are treated to a touching flashback from Haruka, wishing she could of protected Usagi better. Remembering back to all their emotional encounters. It is here where Haruka, Michiru and Setsuna are left with one final trump card of their own, and by the looks of their reaction, they immediately regret it.

Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon, PGSM, Sera Myu and Sailor Moon Crystal Thread - Page 13 Kimg0019

By the combined synchronization of their Talisman, the Outers summon the 4th member of their stable - Sailor Saturn. The Soldier of Destruction rises from Pharaoh 90's body and prepares to fulfill her mission. She mentions how Hotaru, her reincarnated body, was meant to die in the fire. Professor Tomoe's mad obsession with bio-engineering and creating perfect lifeforms drew Pharaoh 90 to him. The ending ends with Sailor Saturn executing "Death Ribbon Revolution" for the first time in animation history. I say this, because she never did the attack in the original anime. It was a manga-exclusive attack. Fantastic battle cry by Yukiyo Fujii, who voices Sailor Saturn.

Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon, PGSM, Sera Myu and Sailor Moon Crystal Thread - Page 13 Kimg0016

Overall, I'm not at all surprised by the level of finale quality here. Nobody does "event" climaxes better than Sailor Moon. This portion of the Pharaoh 90 battle felt hopeless and bleak, and that's exactly how it should feel. Even Saturn herself ignored all pleas to halt her destruction of the universe, because it's her mission to do so. Just like you can't stop the inevitable, Saturn cannot stop what she was created to do. Sailor Moon's faith and sacrifice touched me deeply. The episode taking a moment to highlight Haruka's respect and admiration for Usagi is greatly appreciated. Sailor Saturn's morbid sense of humor highlighted just how much of a burden her top objective is. She knows she's unwanted, yet doesn't question it's purpose. Pharaoh 90 has doomed the planet to extinction, and only Saturn can return everything to normal by causing the death of every insignificant planet and star in existence. My mouth still hangs from the awe of what I had just seen. In the original anime, Sailor Saturn's appearance had a lot of weight to it, but her self-sacrifice to destroy Pharaoh 90 without actually seeing it was more of a platform for Sailor Moon to shine. In SMC, Saturn is front and center with the intention of ending everything without doing it from within Pharaoh 90's void. Masterful all around.

Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon, PGSM, Sera Myu and Sailor Moon Crystal Thread - Page 13 Kimg0015

+ Sailor Saturn's grand entrance
+ THE MUSIC THAT PLAYS DURING SATURN'S APPEARANCE!
+ Personal highlights that define the characters (Moon, Uranus and Saturn)
+ Mistress 9's durability.
+ Perfect tone for the triumph of Pharaoh 90, Saturn's appearance and the Sailor Senshi's failure.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuga Natsuki Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:36 am

Jesus, it's been a long while since I've been on this forum. But I am back with some more Sailor Moon news

I attended Anime Expo 2016 this year, even though I said I wouldn't, but the Cowboy Bebop cast is at AX, so... Akira Okuzaki Anywho, I attended the Sailor Moon panel again this year, and it was totally amazing. My sister went with me, since she has also always liked Sailor Moon, so she got a huge dose of Sailor Moon freshness. Here's what happened at the panel:

First, they announced the guests attending, including the outer senshis: Christine Cabanos  hotaru , Lauren Landa  michiru and Erica Mendez  tenoh Pretty much everyone was there, except Kate Higgins  Ami Mizuno  and Veronica Taylor  setsuna (again). When Lauren and Erica entered the stage, the crowd went nuts, because they once again kissed each other Antoinette I didn't get to see it though, because the tech guys were in the way.

Another announcement was that they revealed Sailor Moon S is up for preorder, and that it will be released this November! But the big announcement/surprise and the best part about the panel was that they showed Sailor Moon S episode 106, and hot damn, Erica and Lauren were friggin PERFECT as Uranus and Neptune. I was impressed by their performances. Unpopular opinion, but Erica's performance as Uranus is better than her performance as Ryuko from Kill La Kill!

Later they said that they would be screening three episodes from Sailor Moon S, which I saw. They screened episode 91, 92 and 106 again, all in dub. Sailor Moon S is by far my favorite season, so I was very happy about seeing those episodes. I was more happy when they screened 92, one of my most favorite SM episodes, the episode when Usagi and Minako have mistaken Haruka for being a guy. Again, I enjoyed Erica's and Lauren's performances as Uranus and Neptune

No huge announcements were made, but hopefully next year or in 2018 they will make the announcements for the Sailor Starlights! They also said that we should expect sooner than later for the Sailor Moon movies to be dubbed. For the video games, they have no plans to release them in America
Kuga Natsuki
Kuga Natsuki

Bubuzuke points : 9709
Armitage GUTS!!! : 593

http://stargazerium.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:45 pm

Viz Media announced the release date for Sailor Moon S! The third and darkest season of the original series. The quality is excellent! The voice dubbing is MUCH better than anything Cloverway produced.

Cristina Vee kicked off the trailer as Rei during her vision of Pharaoh 90 destroying Earth. Nobody sets that apocalyptic mood better than her!

Already preordered. No second thought. NO delays. SMS rules 1994 and the early 2000s with it's presence, storytelling and introduction of leading lesbian characters.

---

"She Is Risen."

Luu Sky Sapphire reviews Sailor Moon Crystal Episode XXXIX: Infinity 12, Infinite–Journey

Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon, PGSM, Sera Myu and Sailor Moon Crystal Thread - Page 13 Kimg0023

I'm done. *drops everything* This was the most thrilling experience of the season. We have reached the finale of SMC season III and it doesn't disappoint. Miss Naoko and Toei Animation deserve praise for ending the Infinity Arc with a sense of hope; after punctuating the climax with unrelenting death and misery. I'd also like to point out how much I love when other would-be shows target the pacifist characters as weak; quick to die. It highlights the cynicism of these writers, which in turn forces them to further world build an unrealistic fantasy universe. SMC season III's finale shows that love is a weapon just as powerful as hatred, if not more so. Pharaoh 90, a living entity itself, is granted no forgiveness by Usagi. Through celestial intuition, she knows who must be saved and who must be purged. In the opening scene, we have two prime candidates...

Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon, PGSM, Sera Myu and Sailor Moon Crystal Thread - Page 13 Kimg0024
Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon, PGSM, Sera Myu and Sailor Moon Crystal Thread - Page 13 Kimg0025

The episode opens with Sailor Saturn about to drop the Silence Glaive; causing the destruction of creation. She is interrupted by Super Sailor Moon who was harnessing as much holy energy as possible,. She uses this energy to smash through with Pharaoh 90's body with all her strength. This fatal blow on the alien God causes Pharaoh 90 to retreat into a dimensional warp that will transport it back to the Tau Star System, where it will no doubt recover and return with a vengeance. Sailor Saturn pursues Pharaoh 90 and orders Sailor Pluto to seal herself and Pharaoh 90 forever inside. From there, she can annihilate 90 within an alternate universe time gate, so our universe can be safe. To do that, Setsuna (Sailor Pluto) must use "Dark Dome Close", a forbidden seal technique that even gods cannot escape from. Saturn keeps Pharaoh 90 at bay as they're both sucked into the void. The look of regret on Pluto's face said it all.

Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon, PGSM, Sera Myu and Sailor Moon Crystal Thread - Page 13 Kimg0022
Sailor Moon, The Messiah that Mamoru had foreseen in the visions, then uses the energy of the Silver Crystal to transform all of the Sailor Guardians into new Super forms. Not only that, she transforms into her future self, Neo Queen Serenity, to undo the damage done to Tokyo and the rest of the planet. A bright light shines down and reveals a small baby with the sign of Saturn on her forehead. Neptune, Uranus and Pluto see that Saturn has been reincarnated and decide to become her trio of mothers. SQUEEEEE!!!! The Outer Sailor Senshi tell Usagi and the others that they have fulfilled their mission and will disappear for a while. Able to live their lives properly this time, without the threat of destruction.

Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon, PGSM, Sera Myu and Sailor Moon Crystal Thread - Page 13 Kimg0027

The episode ends with a fast forward to April of 2016, where the girls have now entered High School. Tokyo is preparing to witness the highly anticipated Eclipse. You know where this is going!

Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon, PGSM, Sera Myu and Sailor Moon Crystal Thread - Page 13 Kimg0020

What more can I say? Sailor Moon Crystal nailed every story beat, every character arc and every action sequence right to the wall. Season III really has been it's finest display of greatness. The animation is gorgeous, the story reels you in (if you watch season III as a whole, it comes off as a LONG movie rather than an episodic HBO series) and the fights were at a nice length and memorable. I nearly pissed myself when Sailor Pluto did the Dark Dome Close. She never did it in the original anime series. Sailor Moon is developed further as a compassionate hero who literally dived into a God's body just to save Sailor Saturn and all of existence. As the threats get bigger, the stronger she becomes. It's emphasized in Crystal that Usagi is a constant evolution. Her fellow Guardians are not just devoted followers of this Messiah, they are her dear friends. And just because Sailor Saturn happened to be the Soldier of Death and Rebirth, Sailor Moon wanted to ensure her safety, too. I'm hyped for season 4, known as the "Dream Arc" in the manga. Not as hard hitting and hardcore as Infinity, but you will see a shift in tone. Infinity was dark, but Dream is downright twisted. I blame the Dead Moon Circus and ESPECIALLY Queen Nehelenia for that. It's a more visual adventure, too.

Speaking of visuals: USAGI DANCING WITH MARACAS! HAHAHAHA! After the waves of feels, this was the comedy scene I wasn't expecting. XD And it was also the first time I saw the "nutcracker" face in a Sailor Moon anime. You know what I mean, you see it all the time in 'Soul Eater'!

OVERALL SCORE FOR SEASON III:

*****/*****

+ Improved animation.
+ Titanic fights that weren't sleep-inducing DBZ length.
+ The Outer Sailor Guardians served great purpose.
+ Outstanding score by Yasuharu Takanashi.
+ Story.
Bonus + The best use of the "Pick a Side" story gimmick this year.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMikoto Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:54 pm

This goes into a little bit of a backstory. I remember seeing Sailor Moon back in the 90's when it was airing in Canada, but never really knew much about anime back then, so the interest wasn't there until leaning more toward the year 2000 (5 years since it first aired in Canada.)

Quite some time down the road, when I really started to get into anime quite a bit more than I did when I was younger, I instantly took the notion to revisit Sailor Moon by watching through everything for it, specials and movies included.

Instantly fell in love with this series! And consider myself as much as a fan as the 90's fans of the series, that's how much I took to it. :3

Favorite Inner Sailor Guardian would be Sailor Mercury (Ami Mizuno) Not only do I like her name and look, but I like how she's focused on her studies, and gives it her all. She's considered the class genius at their Juban Middle school.

I also like Sailor Uranus (Haruka Tenoh) quite a bit as well, and would consider her very close up there with Ami.

I have read the manga completely through once, but it was quite a while ago. I think I would need an overall refresher on the manga to remember Naoko's original telling of each Arc.

Overall, big fan of the series! ^^
ShadowMikoto
ShadowMikoto
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 537
Armitage GUTS!!! : 82

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:56 pm

crimsonYukito wrote:
Favorite Inner Sailor Guardian would be Sailor Mercury (Ami Mizuno) Not only do I like her name and look, but I like how she's focused on her studies, and gives it her all. She's considered the class genius at their Juban Middle school.

I also like Sailor Uranus (Haruka Tenoh) quite a bit as well, and would consider her very close up there with Ami.

OH! OH!!!! Then you must of loved the episode in Stars (Nightmare Nehelenia arc) when the two teamed up together. I love how that episode painted this wonderful contrast between the powerful and fast Haruka, and the slower, but calculated Ami. Haruka's brute force wasn't working against Nehelenia's parody monster, yet Mercury (with prep time on her side), figured out it's weakness. Very well written episode, typical of the entire series. I love Sailor Moon a lot, great to see another fan! Usagi
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMikoto Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:44 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
crimsonYukito wrote:

OH! OH!!!! Then you must of loved the episode in Stars (Nightmare Nehelenia arc) when the two teamed up together. I love how that episode painted this wonderful contrast between the powerful and fast Haruka, and the slower, but calculated Ami. Haruka's brute force wasn't working against Nehelenia's parody monster, yet Mercury (with prep time on her side), figured out it's weakness. Very well written episode, typical of the entire series. I love Sailor Moon a lot, great to see another fan! Usagi

Yes, I remember that scene though it's been awhile since I seen Stars but it's definitely a memory I still have. It's not often Haruka and Ami are teamed up like that, so it was for sure a unique moment, and it was really neat to see their differences in fighting skills. Haruka is more like Makoto in that she has actual combat skills (in Crystal III she and Makoto have a Judo fight) and in the original 90's Sailor Moon Haruka often uses stand up martial arts like Makoto does in some of the scenes, especially in Super. I like any scene of course with both Ami and Haruka in it! So that scene you mentioned was definitely special to me. :3
ShadowMikoto
ShadowMikoto
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 537
Armitage GUTS!!! : 82

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:19 pm

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Chibi moon Chibi moon Chibi moon Chibi moon

---

Sailor Moon S Part 2 Blu-ray/DVD + GWP releasing on 6/20/2017

Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon, PGSM, Sera Myu and Sailor Moon Crystal Thread - Page 13 78200911

Sailor Moon S part 2 contains episodes 109-127.

Sailor Uranus and Sailor Neptune's search for the three talismans has led them to become targets of the Witches 5, the Death Busters' beautiful and deadly agents, who also seek the talismans to summon the powerful Holy Grail! Now, Sailor Moon and the other Sailor Guardians are on a race against time to save their friends' lives and prevent the power of the Holy Grail from falling into the wrong hands.

Meanwhile, Chibi-Usa befriends a young girl named Hotaru, whose mysterious power quickly attracts the attention of both friend and foe. Is there a connection between Hotaru and the enemy? And who is the Messiah of Silence that is said to bring destruction? Will Sailor Moon's new power be enough to protect the world from the impending apocalypse?

Special Features: Cast Interviews, Cast Commentary, Art Gallery, Opening & Ending Songs, and more!

Source: rightstuf
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:41 pm

bump

Sailor Moon Crystal's best season yet! Sailor Moon Crystal season III ON BLU-RAY! It was such an orgasmic experience watching this badass season a third time. Viz media also provided interviews with all of the dub Outer Sailor Senshi voice actresses, Erica Mendez (Sailor Uranus/Haruka Tenoh), Lauren Landa (Sailor Neptune/Michiru Kaioh), Christine Marie Cabanos (Sailor Saturn/Hotaru Tomoe) and the legendary Veronica Taylor as Sailor Pluto/Setsuna Meioh!

Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon, PGSM, Sera Myu and Sailor Moon Crystal Thread - Page 13 25660410
Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon, PGSM, Sera Myu and Sailor Moon Crystal Thread - Page 13 26055710

AS A BONUS, I GOT THE SAILOR CHIBI-MOON FUNKO POP AS PART OF MY CHRISTMAS LOOT! Chibi moon

Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon, PGSM, Sera Myu and Sailor Moon Crystal Thread - Page 13 25659310
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13