Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mai-X-Project Act II - Redemption of the Gods - Episode XVII: Eternal Anxiety

4 posters

Go down

Mai-X-Project Act II - Redemption of the Gods - Episode XVII: Eternal Anxiety Empty Mai-X-Project Act II - Redemption of the Gods - Episode XVII: Eternal Anxiety

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:26 am

HiME  Episode XVII: Eternal Anxiety  HiME

Mai-X-Project Act II - Redemption of the Gods - Episode XVII: Eternal Anxiety Pionee10

Mai-X-Project Act II - Redemption of the Gods - Episode XVII: Eternal Anxiety Planet10

Current BGM: I Am Setsuna - Path to Redemption

The high towers, that seem to reach beyond heaven itself, rose before the practically endless populace of Pioneer II. This dense paradise; showered with intense lights that shine like stars. Some constantly moving, which illuminated the night sky beautifully. Vehicles that ran on roads; others that floated in mid-air like drones. What a wondrous sight from the angle Mai Tokiha, the HiME of Flames, stood. Here, in one of Pioneer II's many artificial parks, Mai gathered her positive thoughts as best she could. Though, they had turned to dust whenever her fears and concerned kicked in. Mai heard the voices coming from the floating vehicles, kindly greeting her as if she were royalty.

"OUR HERO! MAI TOKIHA! LIBERATE PIONEER II FROM THE EVIL THAT PLAGUES THE UNIVERSE!"

These words may or may not come back to haunt her. Shaking her head, Mai considered the alternative extreme for a second. What if she cannot liberate this world. It was difficult enough knowing that her quest to fulfill the wishes of these people, resulted in moderate success. Her brave friends who volunteered first were knee-deep in the threshold of death. For all she knew, they were dead already. Dead, while all she did was stand here. Looking at the shining lights that came in all colors of the rainbow. Safe. Allowed to sleep. Not that Mai has actually slept. Not well.

Off the side, a shadow slowly engulfed the HiME, causing her to jump a bit.

"Oh, Hikari. Please stop doing that. I was just thinking to myself."

"Nasty habit," The swordsman snickered. "You disappeared so suddenly. If you wanted time to yourself, you could of said something."

Mai-X-Project Act II - Redemption of the Gods - Episode XVII: Eternal Anxiety Vlcs3497

Mai sighed. "I couldn't. We've been at it for weeks now,"

Hikari grinned widely, "We suuuure have~"

"NOT LIKE THAT!!!!" Mai fired back. "I mean, I've just been so focused with what I must accomplish, that I never stopped to think about our friends."

The masked swordsman narrowed his eyebrows and looked out into the gorgeous distance, filled with those flashing ever changing lights.

The HiME sulked a bit, stepping away to lean back against one of the many artificial trees that decorated the park. "They've been gone a really long time. Then there's that blackout 4 days ago... "

Hikari turned to face Mai, "They're fighting for not only themselves, Tokiha. They fight for you. For what's right. I doubt they're dead. This is just another one of Arika's pranks. However, if they had died during these campaigns, then it is what it is."

Mai raised her voice, "how can you say that?! Don't you care what might of happened to them? You kept me in the dark for weeks to make me better. Well, guess what? There comes a time where I don't want to care about *me*. I want to care about the people who put themselves in danger *because* of me!"

Hikari looked out into the distance again. "These past 3 weeks haven't been a waste, Tokiha."

Mai bit her lip, "if they come back dead, nothing...NOTHING was accomplished!"

Mai-X-Project Act II - Redemption of the Gods - Episode XVII: Eternal Anxiety Vlcs3490

The masked swordsman stuffs his hands in his pockets, walking slightly past Mai. Never looking at her.

"You're exhausted. Go back to bed, so tomorrow we can find a couple of assholes from the Guild and bury them in the recent "Jack&Jill" case. You must perfect the-"

Mai turns towards Hikari, swinging her right arm in protest, while keeping the left palm pressed against her chest. "I already told you, we cannot just pin four murders on patsies. The real killers need to be found and taken off this space station."

"One hundred percent agree with you, Tokiha," replied Hikari. "They're vermin and should be exterminated." he continued, "But you've got crimes, and you've got criminals on file. In an otherwise perfect society that is already playing the part of Arika's horny sorority chicks. And if you're meticulous, somehow you make a match. For now, we're in the "Getting-The-Shit-Done business."

Mai couldn't believe what she was hearing. "What are you talking about?! You know who did it! Kagutsuchi witnessed your meeting with them, behind MY back! Come on! COME ON!"

"Take a Xanax the size of a Blue Whale," Hikari fired back without much effort.

Mai-X-Project Act II - Redemption of the Gods - Episode XVII: Eternal Anxiety Vlcs3499

"NO! I DEMAND TO KNOW, HIKARI! HOW COME ARIKA HAS US INVOLVED IN THIS SHIT?! SHE BROKE THE AGREEMENT LIKE I SAID SHE WOULD! WHAT THE FUCK WAS SHE THINKING?!"

Hikari sharply turned to meet Mai's eyes with his own. "What did you say?"

"I. SAID. WHAT WAS SHE THINK-"

Hikari raised his voice even louder than Mai's, "How dare you, man?! Who the Hell are you to question Arika Yumemiya, huh? You don't question Arika's orders; you follow them! I OUGHT TO KICK YOUR ASS! YOU KNOW JACK, TOKIHA. YOU WERE THE ONE WHO LOST HER COOL AND FAILED WHEN YOU KILLED YOUR FRIEND SHIHO WITH UNCONTROLLABLE HATRED!"

Mai couldn't respond back, remembering back to her brutal murder of the Dark HiME Shiho. While it saved everyone, and uncovered new truth behind EMPRESS; it was last minute desperation. Sloppy if she did it again today. There would be no doubt that, with the way she had been feeling, Mai would do it again. Hikari reached behind his back and tossed the Moonlight Blade's curved hilt to the ground in front of Mai.

"That's the sword of my Queen. A Queen I never knew. Now take a look at it again, Tokiha. I've lost count on how many people I've killed with it. How many demons were slayed. How many Gods were struck down. Add the body count of my friends, Shin and Rain, who are back home-ALONE, wondering if I'll ever come back. The only reason MY goddamn universe even exists, is because we made it possible! WE BUILT IT, WITH THE BLOOD OF MAN, AND THE MISERY OF HUMBLED IMMORTALS AND THEIR SO-CALLED "MAGIC POWERS"! Hunted down evil fucking parasites that would of committed thousands of political crimes, tipped the good-and-evil scale in an unhealthy, one-sided orgy that would of ruined infinite lives across space and time. We protected the good people, Tokiha. So that THEY can grow, and the cancer! AND ARIKA, AS MUCH OF A PIECE OF SHIT SHE IS; IS GIVING US THIS OPPORTUNITY FOR ALL THE RIGHT REASONS. SO WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU, TO QUESTION ANYBODY?!"

Mai's eyes widened. He was right, she thought to herself. She knew he was right. Arika had given her hated nemesis the chance to make a difference, even before her first expedition into the unknown. It was just too difficult to accept. Was this the reality? Is nothing as it seems? Could her friends be safe, and all her worries were for nothing?

Though Mai brought a bit of shame upon herself, "Playing Arika's game...", she had to trust in her partner's judgement. He was unlike anything she had seen before. These past 3 weeks have proved it. "is difficult, Hikari. Understand that much, I beg of you."

The swordsman smirked, removing his mask to show the HiME kinder eyes. "Perfectly. But this is what we must deal with. Arika's game of chess is the greatest metaphor for life. A new job. Career, whatever you want to call it. You play the game, innovate, challenge yourself and others, grow wise. That is when you will truly change things. It'll never be easy, especially when it's our turn to step through that portal one day, and face Galaxia."

Mai lifted her gaze to meet Hikari's deep ocean jewels with her violet gemstones. "I don't need easy. I just need possible."

3 WEEKS EARLIER

As Gabrielle, Midori, Oscar and the others bravely risked everything to turn the tables against Arika, Mai wiped a tear away. She felt proud that she was able to deliver her speech to her friends, sharing the honesty she carried in her heart. The HiME turned to face everyone who stayed behind. She felt comfort in their presence, happier knowing she would be able to see them for a while longer. Think positive! Think positive!

"They will all come back through the Gates of Valhalla. Believe it, Mai. You have no choice...stupid Mai. Believe it. Believe it."

It was no use. "You be positive, Brain. I'll be realistic," scoffed Mai.

Anna, Princess of Arendelle, ran up and embraced Mai with the warmth of a snow pea. "Miss Mai! Your words gave me SO much inspiration and hope! There's no way my sister will return defeated with the strength you shared with her! I just know it!"

Hikari chuckled and patted Shane on the back, holding back his strength by a lot. "I'd say this calls for a celebration, huh Shane-O-Mac Daddy?"

"GRRR! HIKARI! THIS IS NO TIME TO CELEBRATE! Our friends are in heaven knows where! We must pray for a safe return!" Mai huffed. "And hasn't poor Shane drank enough? I can smell the Absinthe from here!"

"Miss Mai!" interrupted Anna, "won't we be able to see what my sister and the others are up to on that...big....thingie....thing?"

Mai nodded. "Yes, Anna-san. Dita-san mentioned that the broadcast will appear tomorrow. All three missions will be shown on every monitor throughout this space station."

"Right you are, Mai!" shouted the beautiful news-reporter Dita Mirkov, as she lowers herself down to meet the others. As she steps off the floating metallic platform, Anna zips on over to ooh and ahh at it with great exaggeration.

"You'll be able to see the action from any holo-monitor, including your current homes! All holo-televisions are already installed, if you haven't noticed already. Watch your friends any time you want. President Arika is aiming for the highest ratings in recorded history."

Mai frowned at Dita's foolish remark. "Yeah. What fun to watch your own friends suffer."

"What was that, honey?" replied Dita, being slightly distracted by Anna caressing the idle floating platform.

"Nothing, Dita-san. Thank you for everything, really. I could never repay your hospitality," commented Mai with a gentle smile before turning towards Natsuki. "Natsuki, there's a wonderful American style restaurant a few blocks away from our suite. They call it "Rainforest Cafe". Can you meet me there in an hour? I'm hungry from so much worry, tee hee."
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Mai-X-Project Act II - Redemption of the Gods - Episode XVII: Eternal Anxiety Empty Re: Mai-X-Project Act II - Redemption of the Gods - Episode XVII: Eternal Anxiety

Post by firesphere306 Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:39 pm

Natsuki turned her eyebrows into a frown, finding the name of the restaurant to be rather ridiculous. "A Rainforest Cafe? What do you eat there? Bug? No matter, let's go there Mai. We need a much needed chat after everything. "I'll meet you there in an hour, Mai. I could go for a hamburger right now." Her eyes crossed in front of her thinking about food. It's been awhile since they were able to eat something that wasn't made from a campfire.

Shane felt her back being patted and looked up at Hikari. "W-what? Oh...right. Don't worry about it. We can celebrate whatever we want. We're to?" She waved to them but then started to walk away from the group. "Hey...uhhh..guys..see you...tomorrow?" She shrugged, scratching the back of her head.

The lean woman, walked around, her hands in her pocket as she looked up at the city lights. Her eyes blurry but she could still tell what was on the signs in front of her. As she was walking, she caught sight of a woman with orange hair being chased by Aliens.

Turning her head to the side, Shane squinted her eyes and stuck her foot out to trip the Alien and seeing him fly forward. The orange haired woman stopped, looking down at the Alien and seeing Shane. She walked over to her, sticking her hand out and started talking in a different language.

firesphere306
firesphere306
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Bubuzuke points : 1571
Armitage GUTS!!! : 212

Back to top Go down

Mai-X-Project Act II - Redemption of the Gods - Episode XVII: Eternal Anxiety Empty Re: Mai-X-Project Act II - Redemption of the Gods - Episode XVII: Eternal Anxiety

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:07 pm

"Wait, Miss Mai! Isn't there anything you'd like to say to the live and television audience throughout Pioneer II?" interrupted the Russian reporter, winking playfully at Mai in the process.

Mai bounced. "Oh, yes! Of course. Um...citizens (that sounds so lame...) of my new home. We thank you for your generosity, and that of President Arika. But, please, pray for my friends who are risking life and limb for us all. They're the ones you should be concerned about. The people we love are worth more than anything right now.

The large audience surrounding the remaining Heroes become swept with emotion. Tears fell down the cheeks of the women, children cheered and men nodded with great respect. The floating camera bot focused once again on Dita Mirkov.

"You heard her, viewers! Support the cause! Catch all the action on each expedition 24/7 on your holo-monitors! Nothing will be left out; nor edited! This is Dita Mirkov of the Galaxy Network's Starship Channel! Reporting LIVE from The Gates of Valhalla!"

As Dita signaled cut, Mai sighed a large chunk of relief. She meant what she said, of course. It was just such a taxing process. She recalled back to her graduation speech that Fumi Himeno coaxed her into doing. "It's a good thing nobody filmed it. My stutter could make a nun swear. I still think Sister was the one who yelled "HURRY UP" in the audience..."

firesphere306 wrote:Shane felt her back being patted and looked up at Hikari. "W-what? Oh...right. Don't worry about it. We can celebrate whatever we want. We're to?" She waved to them but then started to walk away from the group. "Hey...uhhh..guys..see you...tomorrow?" She shrugged, scratching the back of her head.

"Later, Shane-O-Mac! There are a lot of muffins to butter here. If you don't come back, we'll all understand" replied a devious Hikari before focusing his attention on Dita.

The Russian beauty removed her headpiece and ordered the crowd to return to their business. Hikari had to give this woman credit, she seemed capable and determined to make this rag tag group feel comfortable. The celebrity status forced upon the Heroes will always be there, of course. But Dita is doing a fine job in minimizing the headache.

"Princess Anna, I heard from my personalized space doorman, that there's a chocolate factory down in 3rd City. Run. RUN! WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?! *_*"

Anna jumped in excitement, "RUNNING!!! SEE YOU GUYS TOMORROW! MY TRAINING SHALL BEGINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!"

Hikari waved the Princess goodbye and started walking towards Dita as she began hauling her floating platform with equipment. Mai quickly catches him.

"Hey, where are you going? Shouldn't you be preparing for my training tomorrow?" teased Mai, raising one eyebrow and smirking.

The swordsman chuckled. "I've got some business to attend to before I work with you, Tokiha. Enjoy your time with Kuga tonight and get your mind off the others for now. Besides, Rainforest is the finest restaurant ever set up since Medieval Times."

Hikari stopped and looked at Mai once more. "Tomorrow, you'll wish today lasted an eternity. CIAO!"

The swordsman's words worried Mai a little, but she immediately shook it off to focus on Natsuki.

firesphere306 wrote:Natsuki turned her eyebrows into a frown, finding the name of the restaurant to be rather ridiculous. "A Rainforest Cafe? What do you eat there? Bug? No matter, let's go there Mai. We need a much needed chat after everything. "I'll meet you there in an hour, Mai. I could go for a hamburger right now." Her eyes crossed in front of her thinking about food. It's been awhile since they were able to eat something that wasn't made from a campfire

"Huh? OH! NO, NATSUKI! This place is supposed to be the cream of the crop for family restaurants! There is one in Tokyo, but I never got the chance to try it. HERE! I grabbed the menu from the front desk lobby!"

Courtesy: Rainforest Cafe.com

Spoiler:
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by firesphere306 Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:42 pm

Natsuki looked at the picture on the menu, sighing and looking at her with an eyebrow raised. "It has fucking Toucan on it, Mai." Natuski took the menu and and scanned through it, the green eyes trying to look for anything good for her to eat. "Fish tacos....burgers.....shrimp....rice.........there is a lot of stuff on here. You're right, Mai. Let's go there. You convinced me."

Thinking herself, she smirked "What do you think, Duran? Up for some food?" Natuski materialized Duran and he appeared next to her, nodding. "Alright, we're ready. Oh starving, I should say." She swept her hand to the side and tucked it behind her ear.

The woman looked at Shane and pulled out a multi pass with her picture on it. She pressed it near her face and looked into her eyes. "Multi pass."

Shane shook her head and looked at the picture. "Leeloo....your name is Leeloo. Ha...you can't speak any english at all? Come with me, I'll help you out." She wrapped her arm around her. "Let's get you some help alright, I won't leave you here by yourself if you can't speak English."

Leeloo and Shane went a little ways, looking for anything that they could find. "You hungry? Do you want some food?" She kept walking and saw a man that looked madly hurt. His skin was rotting and almost looked dead. Shane's eyes widened, "Oh...oh fuck...a zombie?" She yelled, grabbing Leeloo's hand and running the opposite way.
firesphere306
firesphere306
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:16 pm

firesphere306 wrote:Natsuki looked at the picture on the menu, sighing and looking at her with an eyebrow raised. "It has fucking Toucan on it, Mai." Natuski took the menu and and scanned through it, the green eyes trying to look for anything good for her to eat.  "Fish tacos....burgers.....shrimp....rice.........there is a lot of stuff on here. You're right, Mai. Let's go there. You convinced me."

Thinking herself, she smirked "What do you think, Duran? Up for some food?" Natuski materialized Duran and he appeared next to her, nodding. "Alright, we're ready. Oh starving, I should say." She swept her hand to the side and tucked it behind her ear.

Mai held her hand up to Natsuki's face. This caused Duran to tilt his head to the side.

"Hold on there, Natsuki! You're not going to attend dinner looking like that!" whined Mai, placing her hands on her hips in protest. "Honestly, you're always so casual no matter where we go!"

Mai's places her hands on the blue haired HiME's muscular shoulders, and stared deep into her eyes.

"WE HAVE A LOT TO DO BEFORE DINNER!" exclaimed Mai before dragging her best friend away. "I'll bring her back, Shizuru-san! I PROMISE!"

Current BGM: "Everybody Wants You" by S Club 7

A montage of Mai dragging Natsuki to several clothing stores all over Pioneer II's 4th City. To her relief, many familiar brand name stores were brought over from her Earth. Most, however, were from many shops across space and time. Now expanded to unimaginable business ventures! Mai did not waste time trying to process the idea; for she was in shopping heaven! Natsuki tried on just about everything that suited her, and everything that sparked Mai's curiosity.

"Natsuki! Your butt is perfect for this low cut floral dress!"

"NO. FUCKING. WAY! ONLY SERENA WILLIAMS WOULD FIT IN THAT SHIT!"

~~~

"Try this lip gloss, Natsuki!"

"Mmm, it's delicious! What do they call this one?"

"Let's see...spicy jalapeno surprise party..."

"ICE WATER!!!!!!!!!" materializing her Ice Pistol Element, Natsuki shoots herself in the mouth.

~~~

"Hey, Mai. How about this old fashioned ensemble?

"Yeah, no. Those sleeves hide your killer biceps!"

Natsuki pouts. "What if I don't want to expose my skin?"

Mai giggles. "You'd be doing a disservice to men and women everywhere!"

"NOW SEE HERE, MAI!!!! WHY DON'T I CARRY AROUND A SIGN THAT SAYS "FUCK ME" TO MAKE THINGS EASIER?!"

~~~

Mai laughing uncontrollably, "never wear that again, Natsuki-chan! You make those One Direction boys look tough!"

Natsuki took great offense to Mai's teasing statement. "What's wrong with wearing a tee shirt with a rubber ducky on it? I like duckies..."

~~~

"Your hair is beautiful, Miss Kuga," commented the sassy hair salon woman. "Why not add some highlights to make it stand out more?"

"Why don't I highlight your FACE?!" Natsuki scowled, as the hair salon woman backed away in terror.

Mai looked over at Duran, and vice versa. Both sweat dropping.

Mai-X-Project Act II - Redemption of the Gods - Episode XVII: Eternal Anxiety Vlcs2278

~~~

We now see the Rainforest Cafe, located in Hikari's New York City town. Natsuki approached the front entrance in her new outfit.

-----------

Leeloo and Shane went a little ways, looking for anything that they could find. "You hungry? Do you want some food?" She kept walking and saw a man that looked madly hurt. His skin was rotting and almost looked dead. Shane's eyes widened, "Oh...oh fuck...a zombie?" She yelled, grabbing Leeloo's hand and running the opposite way.

As Shane made quick haste with her newfound friend with the funny accent and attire, a woman in a red dress overheard the commotion. She quickly made her way down the alleyway and open fired on the zombie with a quick draw of her dual handguns. Down went the undead beast.

Mai-X-Project Act II - Redemption of the Gods - Episode XVII: Eternal Anxiety Milla-10

"Down boy," the woman in red grumbled before turning her attention to the fleeing couple. "Hey! Get back here! It's alright, he was the last one that got away. There won't be any more coming."

As the pair turned to face their savior, the woman in red's air was sucked out of her body upon seeing Leeloo. "You've got to be kidding me. Did one of them survive the attack on Umbrella Japan?"
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by firesphere306 Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:50 pm

Natsuki frowned, looking into a a glass mirror with her eyes shifting to bullets. "Mai...I look like....Shizuru slapped me with a broom filled of lipstick. I look ridiculous!" Natsuki pouted on the way to the restaurant. She fiddled with her new outfit. Her arms were crossed in front of her, looking at the lights and sounds. Her eyes widened, seeing a guerilla towering over them. She materialized her guns, pointing them straight at it and seeing the host at the bar. Lights began to flash around them, acting like a thunderstorm and making her gaze around the area.

The host put his hands up when he saw the guns. "I...I...table for two?"

Natsuki put them away and seeing the guerilla stop the noise.

_________

Shane and Leeloo stopped looking at the identical woman.

"Uhh...I must be fucked up....why...how is there two of you?" She pointed to the both of them, her confused face looked like she was about to give her a stroke.

"Leeloo Multipass." She showed the woman. "Help....trip?"

"Huh? You were looking for a trip?" Shane asked her finally hearing more than just multipass.
firesphere306
firesphere306
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluholic711 Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:26 am

"Mako, remind me again why we are doing this?"

Ryuko and Mako stood in front of a small bath and spa house. The stlyish banner in front of the banner read "Blissful Waters Bath and Spa", and it glowed with a pink light.

"What do you mean, Ryuko-chan? We are going to have a girl's day out! Besides, I heard good things about this place."

The dark blue haired girl scracthed the back of her head. She wasn't really into ...pampering her body. Ryuko could bath and clean just fine, thank you very much. And who's to say that there weren't any prying hands and peeping eyes in this bath and spa house?

Ryuko's body had been feeling sluggish lately. Perhaps it was still trying to adjust to the pause of adrenaline rush she's felt since that last battle.  

"We've had girl's day outs for the past couple of weeks now. We should train some time soon."

Mako looked at her best friend with wide eyes, as if she spotted an exotic animal. Was her friend trying to sell herself short of a well deserved body treatment? That was most certainly out of the question! Her blue haired classmate needed this just as much as she did.

"Ryuko-chan! Is training the only thing you think about? Come on, girls like us need to enjoy ourselves too."

"Yeah, well, if you say so," Ryuko sighed. "I still feel out of place. And, I don't want just anybody giving special treatment. I can wash myself just fine."

If only Mako had enough sense to listen. Instead, she laughed off her friend's protests.

"Too bad! That's going to change, my dear bestie!" Mako said, grabbing one of her friend's arms. "Now, let's get our butts in there and get pampered!!"

And with that, the brown haired girl energetically ran towards the spa house, giggling as she dragged her best friend along.

Ryuko could do nothing but sigh with reluctance and wince in slight pain.  

"Ow! Mako, cut it out! You're gonna yank my hand off!"

And so it began, a journey like no other. Two teenage girls embraked on a journey like no other. The journey of pampering.
Bluholic711
Bluholic711
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Bubuzuke points : 4629
Armitage GUTS!!! : 626

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:24 pm

Natsuki frowned, looking into a a glass mirror with her eyes shifting to bullets. "Mai...I look like....Shizuru slapped me with a broom filled of lipstick. I look ridiculous!" Natsuki pouted on the way to the restaurant. She fiddled with her new outfit. Her arms were crossed in front of her, looking at the lights and sounds. Her eyes widened, seeing a guerilla towering over them. She materialized her guns, pointing them straight at it and seeing the host at the bar. Lights began to flash around them, acting like a thunderstorm and making her gaze around the area.

The host put his hands up when he saw the guns. "I...I...table for two?"

Natsuki put them away and seeing the gorilla stop the noise.

Hearing the commotion from inside the jungle themed restaurant, Mai walked past the greeter; who had graciously allowed her to pass without question. "Welcome to Rainforest Cafe, Miss Tokiha!"

Mai bowed to the kind man, and proceeded into the gift shop. The gift shop was a children's wonderland! Shelf after shelf, and end cap after end cap filled with animal water bottles, toys, plush dolls and lunchboxes of every Earth animal you could think of. The HiME remembered the time Takumi sent her self-photos of him and Akira Okuzaki enjoying themselves at the Tokyo location. Ever since then, she wanted to visit this outrageous diner. In many ways, Mai was denied her childhood because of the responsibility she had for her brother. Takumi was never a burden, even before and during the events of the Carnival. It's just that Mai had no time to enjoy the pleasures many people take for granted. For the working class individual with no responsibilities, visiting places like these seem routine, and not very special. For Mai, it was a magical opportunity. It's how her love for karaoke getaways was born.

The host at the inner entrance (that separated the gift shop and the dining area), waved over to Mai. He seemed relieved that Mai had arrived. In his mind, Natsuki was the most beautiful of the HiME. Yet, the most unapproachable. At least Nao continues her outer facade of luring clueless men, so there's no scowl to run away from!

"Sorry, Natsuki-chan!" giggled Mai, placing her palms together in an apologetic position. "I had trouble looking for the right shade of lipstick to match my dress. Do you like it?"

Currently wearing:  Mai-X-Project Act II - Redemption of the Gods - Episode XVII: Eternal Anxiety Lucy-Hale-Feet-974494_zpsvd01nuj2

Mai-X-Project Act II - Redemption of the Gods - Episode XVII: Eternal Anxiety Vlcs2692

The host blushed, "you look totally awesome, Miss Tokiha!"

Mai giggled and waved the host off. "Oh, Stop! It's just that 4th City is going through summer season. So Miss Dita says..."

"YES!" inserted the host in matter-of-fact fashion. "Miss Mirkov must of told you that all 4 layers in Pioneer II change seasons every month. Now that you and Miss Kuga are here, shall we sit you ladies down?"

As Mai and Natsuki sat down at the V.I.P. section, which was located in-between the mechanical gorillas and the giant elephant (along with it's calf for added effect). Mai and Natsuki admired their surroundings, especially Natsuki. She secretly had an uncontrollable love for animals and plush dolls. She had hidden her desire to purchase all the  stuffed animals earlier.

"Welcome to Rainforest Cafe, where everyday is an adventure once again! My name is Alphonse! Might I grab you some drinks to start with?"

Alphonse was a tall, 6 foot tall muscular man with a fit build. His beard nicely shaped, and he spoke with great enthusiasm. Despite his good looks, he found himself a little nervous around the HiME. This went beyond knowing they were the Heroes who will save this floating utopia. This was just good ol' fashion boy shy around girls. Mai dismissed it with a playful giggle. Women usually love an initial nervousness from a man, it's complimentary and cute to them. To Natsuki, it got old really fast!

"Yes, I would like a "Monkey Business" replied Mai.  The "Monkey Business" comprised of one part Bacardi rum, one part Monin mango fruit puree, one part Monin wild berry syrup, one part Mr. & Mrs. T's sweet & sour. Blend with ice and serve. Mai couldn't resist any of it.

_________

Shane and Leeloo stopped looking at the identical woman.

"Uhh...I must be fucked up....why...how is there two of you?" She pointed to the both of them, her confused face looked like she was about to give her a stroke.

"Leeloo Multipass." She showed the woman. "Help....trip?"

"Huh? You were looking for a trip?" Shane asked her finally hearing more than just multipass.

Alice chuckled, putting away her firearm and walking over to face her orange haired clone.

Mai-X-Project Act II - Redemption of the Gods - Episode XVII: Eternal Anxiety Milla-jovovich-the-last-face-premeire-at-69-cannes-film-festival-in-cannes-12_zpsmdamvr55
"It's your lucky day. Luckier knowing you were able to survive the Tokyo raid."

Strange as it may seem, Alice's clone with the strange speech pattern didn't response with any sort of familiarity. Nothing in her eyes showed signs.

"Do you even remember me? Or did Miss Good Looking next to you wipe your memory?" Alice quipped. "Hey. Shaggy. If you're with Umbrella, I suggest you run now. I came to this place for some damn peace. And if you're not..." smirking as she admired Shane's perfect face and elf-looking lips. "Then consider yourself Mrs. Lucky."

What did Alice mean by that?! Considering the history of this woman, and the world she came from, only lost and rugged women met her criteria!

---

"Okay, you guys! That's a wrap! Tomorrow, our first interview will go LIVE! I want everything to be perfect with a capital "P"!

Dita clapped her hands together, then felt a finger poke her Sacrum. "EEK! Who did-ahhh, I thought that was you, Mister Speedy."

"Miss Mirkov," smirked the swordsman.

The Russian reporter rolled her eyes and smiled flirtatiously at the man.

"Just Dita is fine. Between us, there should be zero formality," continued Dita, as she signaled her team to pack the remaining equipment.

Mai-X-Project Act II - Redemption of the Gods - Episode XVII: Eternal Anxiety Vlcsnap-2017-01-14-17h47m54s291_zpsp5ttr4vj

"And why is that...Dita? Sure, us Heroes have been given unlimited Meseta to purchase anything our hearts desire. Live where we want without owing a single fee. My bellboy didn't reject my generous tip. Could of put the kids through space college! Are we really THAT highly regarded, Dita? I'm flattered."

Dita waved her hair back and pressed the button of her floating platform which carried her equipment back to her private suit. A service bot waited at the top to place her things back into the room. Hikari quickly commented on how convenient the bot was.

"The perfect future for mankind. Maybe TOO perfect. President Arika often mentioned how the Multiverse is a ever-growing entity. Whenever a child dreams, a new universe is created. When some lonely author writes fanfiction, a new universe is created. Whenever a scientists lands on an unterraformed planet, a new world is born through the creation of naturally cultivated life. We're all God in many ways. And here we are. Mai's motley crew, in charge of saving it all."

Dita closed her eyes and took in the sensation of Hikari's expressive explanation.

"You people are the hope for the people and visitors who come here. I am just here to film, report and present you all in the greatest show in the history of creation. All will know what Miss Tokiha's group has done. This... is what I do. My passion burns to nab monumental stories. You will be known for the liberation of all that is. I will be known for documenting it in all it's glory."

Hikari smiled and with incredible speed, he offered a rose to Dita.

"I'd like to hear more. Permit me?"

Dita blushed lightly, then turned away,. She was keen on it, but..."I couldn't."

Hikari inserted the rose into Dita's space jumpsuit sleeve near her left breast.

"It would make us  quite the jubilant pair."

The Russian woman laughed loudly. She pinched the rose with her index and thumb. Pretending to be somewhat taken by it. "Then I'll be quite disheartened. By tomorrow, this rose could wilt."

A gust of artificial wind blew Hikari's blackened violet hair enough for Dita to stare deep into his eyes. The raging oceans met with the exotic twin island paradises as Hikari leaned towards the reporter.

"I'll swipe you another."

The man took Dita's breath away. Her arched back felt a sensational shiver travel up. Her brain tickled, in turn sends blood traveling down to parts forbidden. Hikari was no fool, though. Dita's smiled could of been deceptive. Sarcasm, incredulity, condescension, confusion, contemplation or even facetiousness. Out of all the women, only Rain was capable of producing unpredictable, and exciting results.  He had Dita pegged, but internally gave her credit for keeping up with him. Human women are the most complicated, believe it or not.

Dita brushed her hair back with one hand and began walking away towards the nearest transportation teleporter.

"Starlight Express for dinner. 3rd City AT 8:00 PST." The feminine reporter struts away, blowing a kiss Hikari's way. The swordsman turned around to see a couple of civilians whispering words of approval and proper recognition.

"Yeah, these people know what's up~"
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by firesphere306 Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:35 am

Natsuki scanned over the menu, touching the laminate and trying to move it out of the light. The light casted a glare on the menu, making Natsuki irritated. Groaning, Natsuki leaned forward so that she was closer to Mai. “Why does this place have to be so….dark.” Natsuki turned her head up at the light that was covering them, and making the shadows of their features dance across her face. “Yes….I would like the same drink that SHE is having…and could I get your Rainforest Burger. Served on your toasted bun with, tomato, pickles and cheese…oh and add the bacon.” Natuski took the menu away and placed it back on the table.

She turned to Duran again, giving patting him before sighing into her seat. She looked at Mai, watching the lights reflect of her orange hair before another round of sounds rang out in the room. “NO! Not again.” Natuski said looking at a jaguar that began to howl.

Shane shook her head at the look-alike. “I didn’t do anything to her yet. She keeps going on and on about a pass and I’m trying to find where she needs to go. Would….you like to come with us?” Shane whipped her hair back out of her eyes, looking Alice up and down before crossing her arms. “IN fact….I insist you help us.”

They began to walk down the street, passing by a crowd that kept bumping into them and Shane kept a hold of Leeloo, making sure she wasn’t hurt.
Looking over Leeloo spotted one of the Aliens that was chasing her back on the ship, she glared at them before running over and high kicking him into the face, making Shane drop her mouth. “W-well….didn’t see that coming.”
firesphere306
firesphere306
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:52 pm

Blu wrote:"Yeah, well, if you say so," Ryuko sighed. "I still feel out of place. And, I don't want just anybody giving special treatment. I can wash myself just fine."

If only Mako had enough sense to listen. Instead, she laughed off her friend's protests.

"Too bad! That's going to change, my dear bestie!" Mako said, grabbing one of her friend's arms. "Now, let's get our butts in there and get pampered!!"

And with that, the brown haired girl energetically ran towards the spa house, giggling as she dragged her best friend along.

Ryuko could do nothing but sigh with reluctance and wince in slight pain.  

"Ow! Mako, cut it out! You're gonna yank my hand off!"

And so it began, a journey like no other. Two teenage girls embraked on a journey like no other. The journey of pampering.

Outside, in the crowded lobby of the spa, a beautiful woman can be seen stomping towards the door in anger. She was being followed by other women in business suits; all led by a short and frantic little man. He had the face of a worm, with the (lack of) dignity to match.

"NO, ALICIA! WE CANNOT HAVE YOU QUIT ON US NOW! WHAT ABOUT THE CONTRACT?!" whined the small man, while his associates nodded in unison going:

"Contract! Contract! You're still under contract!"

The glamorous; white robe clad woman turned around and snapped back with intense protest. "LISTEN, YOU LITTLE WEASEL! YOU WERE THE ONE WHO TOLD THE PRESS THAT YOU WERE ON THE SEARCH FOR SOMEONE YOUNGER! MORE "CUTE". You always did like the younger ones, Mister Kazuma. GOOD LUCK FINDING SOMEONE WHO WILL PUT UP WITH YOUR DISGUSTING FASHION TRENDS!"

With that, the woman exited through the automatic doors and headed off in her limo. Still dripping wet. Kazuma looked like as if he were an neglected pimple that was ready to pop.

"Oooooooooooooo!!!! THAT....HARLOT! THIS IS THE THANKS I GET FOR LAUNCHING HER CAREER!?"

"Career! Career! Career! Launching her career!"

"Tut tut, ladies. We must go through the painfully long process of finding the next Baby Doll right away!The Galaxy Network has me by my precious jewels! Miss Mirkov might even cut funding?! WHAT AM I TO DO IF THAT HAPPENS?! I was born rich! Never worn the same socks twice!"

Mister Kazuma pulled what was left of his hair, before the receptionist came over to calm him down.

"Sir, please," whispered the receptionist, "don't make a scene here. Your clients and staff are always so well behaved. Multi-zillion Meseta industries tend to go south at times; that's life."

Kazuma tried his own tears with a tissue offered by one of the associates. "Thank you, Janet. My deepest apologies for-for-for....AHHHHH! I'M RUINED! IS THERE NO ONE ON THIS FLOATING CAPSULE WORTHY OF BEING THE QUINTESSENTIAL EXAMPLE OF "CUTE" IN THE UNIVERSE?!"

As the commotion continued, Kazuma hears a strange laughter coming from the room across the hall. "Strange, but interesting laugh..." he thought to himself before rushing over.

"That spa is occupied, Mister Kazuma! I would advise against-" Janet the receptionist called out before being interrupted.

"Remember who OWNS Blissful Waters Bath and Spa, Janet!" Kazuma retorted before opening the door, only to find both Ryuko and Mako having a playful water fight together. In the middle of the fun, Ryuko continued to echo her raspy, and rough sounding laughter. This was music to Kazuma's ears, but he was not expecting a fascinating looking girl to match.

Mai-X-Project Act II - Redemption of the Gods - Episode XVII: Eternal Anxiety Kill-810

"Baby Doll..." he muttered with giant hearts in his eyes. Kazuma snaps his fingers. "Take notes!"

"Take notes! Take notes! Take notes!"

" *I* have found my new inspiration! YOU THERE! CUTIE WITH THE OUT-OF-PLACE RED STREAK! GET DRESSED! YOU ARE GOING TO BECOME A STAR!"

---

Kara wrote:Shane shook her head at the look-alike. “I didn’t do anything to her yet. She keeps going on and on about a pass and I’m trying to find where she needs to go. Would….you like to come with us?” Shane whipped her hair back out of her eyes, looking Alice up and down before crossing her arms. “IN fact….I insist you help us.”

They began to walk down the street, passing by a crowd that kept bumping into them and Shane kept a hold of Leeloo, making sure she wasn’t hurt.
Looking over Leeloo spotted one of the Aliens that was chasing her back on the ship, she glared at them before running over and high kicking him into the face, making Shane drop her mouth. “W-well….didn’t see that coming.”

"If it helps, neither was I," replied Alice before racing to Leeloo's side. "So, you're being hunted? Is it Umbrella? If they are stationed on this artificial planet, I'll make sure they're all hunted down and killed."

Alice looked back at Shane, who despite not having any concept of proper posture, looked amazingly gorgeous to her. "Of course I'll help. The only thing dangerous about you is that post-sex bed hair of yours."

Mai-X-Project Act II - Redemption of the Gods - Episode XVII: Eternal Anxiety Reside10

"I like it. My name is Alice, by the way. I worked for the Umbrella Corporation. Now, I'm lost in this...place. President Arika, right? I owe her one for bailing me out of an attack launched on Arcadia. It's how I ended up here. What about you, handsome? Since my twin can say little, but do more."

---

Anna, the bubbly Princess, could be seen at a large center square located in Arendelle Town. She figured it would be the best place to start looking for the Chocolate Factory. If what Dita Mirkov said was true, surely she would accommodate Anna with a local chocolate paradise. "Excuse me?! Do you know where the Chocolate Factory is?!" Anna questioned. Many of the Arendelle natives that were around actually didn't know!

"We're very sorry, Your Highness. We seldom ever leave Arendelle Town to nurture business close to you and the Queen."

"Bummer!" cried out Anna before kicking a collection of scattered pebbles away.

"Do not fret, Your Highness! Many visitors from the outside always visit Arendelle Town. Perhaps that can assist you. Just ask anyone who doesn't resemble us in appearance."

Anna pondered the obvious for a second. "Yeaaaah, that does make sense. THANKS!"

Fortunately for the Princess, there were several tourists entering Arendelle Town to admire the  Scandinavian culture peppered everywhere. The Princess set her cross-hairs on a couple admiring the beautifully crafted wooden boats on the pier. This Arendelle had a pier?! Pioneer II was more advanaced than Anna had originally thought!

"HELLO THERE! I am Princess Anna, and I see that you're having Tørrfisk. It's SOOOOOO good!"

The couple were stunned to see one of the Heroes before them.  It's unknown where they both came from, but the man and woman had tight space jump suits on and were carrying tons of electronic equipment. Both appeared to be in their late 30s.

"Princess Anna! It's an honor to meet you! We saw you on the Holo-Monitor!"

"Yes, Your Highness! Um, may I call you Your Highness?"

"YES! I TOTALLY ACCEPT THAT!"

"Great! Wow! You are even more graceful and beautiful in person!"

"I love this place. I LOVE ITTTTTTTTTTTTT. HEY! Your Norwegian is amazing!"

The man laughed, "oh, no! I'm actually speaking Tekka! A language from our home planet in the Oni system. Pioneer II translates everything you're saying into something the other person can understand. It's really incredible."

Anna jumped back, "WHOA! SO IT WASN'T JUST US!"

"Apparently not?" the woman chimed in, smiling as she still couldn't believe she was in the presence of primitive royalty.  "I have to take your picture...may I?"

"WHAT'S A PICTURE?!" asked the stunned Princess, forming an "X" with both of her tiny index fingers.

The woman places her hand on Anna's shoulder. "It's like a portrait...and instant portrait!"

"That sounds impossible!" cried out Anna.

The man sweatdrops. "Trust us, Your Highness. It's really not. Please!"

As they grouped together, Anna spotted the man poking his chubby fingers into some rectangular shaped...thing...that resembled one of Dita's weirdo...things. Once he finished whatever he was doing, Anna was amazed to see the object floating away from his hand like some magical fairy. It stopped and hovered in still backwards position.  A flash went off, before placing itself in front of the Princess' face to see. She flinched when it had made it's sudden stop.

Mai-X-Project Act II - Redemption of the Gods - Episode XVII: Eternal Anxiety Ea87af10

"That's me! AND YOU GUYS! THIS IS, LIKE, SO A-MAZING!" Anna commented, suddenly grabbing the...thing...and proceeds taking random shots of the area. The couple looked at one another in total confusion.

"Gee, honey," the man nervously muttered, "guess royals are just like us, after all."

"This is a good thing...right?" replied his confused lover.

---

Mai-X-Project Act II - Redemption of the Gods - Episode XVII: Eternal Anxiety Eiffel10

"Table, Miss Mirkov?"

"Reservation for two."

"Ah, yes. The special V.I.P."

Currently attire for Dita Mirkov:
 Mai-X-Project Act II - Redemption of the Gods - Episode XVII: Eternal Anxiety Kristi10

Dita Mirkov had arrived at the Starlight Express restaurant. All eyes had centered on her elegant, yet simple colored dress. Her bare arms and shoulders glowed underneath the showering white lights. The entire restaurant was lavish and filled to the ceiling with the most gorgeous decor in the galaxy. Food and wine from every planetary system being enjoyed by all who were fortunate enough to make a reservation. However, those in the V.I.P. were given exclusive entertainment. As Dita struts her body passed the crowd of oval shaped tables, and happy, drunken species from many different universes, she notices that it was open karaoke night. She laughed at the scattered-brained woman and her three intoxicated friends attempting to sing an oldie from a universe home to alien gangsters called "The Hutts".

Current BGM: Jedi Rocks from Return of the Jedi Special Edition OST

Dita sighed as the waiter quietly poured water into one of her fine crystal glasses. Actually, this glass was made of Kibian crystals; mined in the vast reaches of the present galaxy. Used for all purposes, Kibian crystals were difficult to craft as they were made from properties 1,000,000 times stronger than Madson steel alloy. A-450. Only the Plasma swords, typically used by the Hunter's Guild were used to craft such a powerful mineral.

The beautiful Russian woman overheard the host comment that the karaoke session will return shortly. Mumdar, a famous pianist who worked exclusively for Starlight Express, was called on to provide background noise until then. Mumdar was a freighting looking fellow, Dita thought. With insect-like fingers, and legs that could crash a warship. Yet, he was a gentle soul who spoke to no one. He only played what he felt inside.

Current BGM: Sega Piano Nocturne - Can Still See The Light

"He's really good," spoke a rugged man who appeared next to Dita. The Russian realizing that it was Hikari Tsunami himself; hid her embarrassment by offering a disinterested smile. Though, it was difficult to remain disinterested. The man, not wearing his signature mask, had appeared in a well tailored yellow tuxedo suit. Yes, yellow! Dita kept the amusement to herself for now.

Mai-X-Project Act II - Redemption of the Gods - Episode XVII: Eternal Anxiety Vlcsna10
"He's okay," replied Dita. "That wasn't nice of you, Mister Tsunami. Always present yourself to a lady in proper form."

"I did," countered Hikari.

"What?"

"You were easily swept up by the music. I can forgive you for that."

Dita gave Hikari a light slap on the wrist, continuing to smile even wider than before. "Well, YOU look like a banana."

Hikari laughed loudly. "Don't I? Even with creatures and humanoids from many universes, including my own, they all seem to share a brain when it comes to playing dress-up."

At this point, Dita had to wipe her tear away with her silk napkin. She couldn't stop giggling. "I love a man with a sense of humor," she continued, attempting, but failing to regain her composure.

Hikari grinned, never keeping his eyes off Dita. He then signaled the waiter over. "Garçon! Garçon!"

The gruff waiter who had served Dita's water earlier had returned with haste. "What do you mean, Garçon!? Brutus is the name. What will you both have? It's on the house for the most BEAU-tiful woman in all of news media, and the greatest fighter of the Heroes. I've seen your work. You are a tactical genius, Mister Tsunami."

Hikari waved his hand in protest, "If your flattery is as good as your service, then consider yourself my new best friend."

"REALLY?!" shouted Brutus, realizing that he had just startled the other booths.  "Sorry! Um, what can I get you both?"

"Funny you should ask," exclaimed Hikari, turning over to Dita, who appeared to be enjoying this low-key show A LOT. "Because I'm new around here, I'll let the lady decide. There's...much I can learn from her."

Dita's mouth open a little to let in a gasp of pleasure; quickly (but failing) to focus on Brutus.  "Uhhh-huh! We'll both have the Galaxy special Number 5. Complete with the special dressing, and salad fresh with leaves from planet Mira."

"Right away, Miss Mirkov!" exclaimed Brutus.

"Don't keep Mrs. Strawberry and Mr. Banana NesQuik waiting!" shouted Hikari.

"I WON-" down went Brutus, tumbling backwards into the kitchen area.

Dita couldn't stop laughing. Her cheeks were flushed red by this point. Once she was able to focus on the young man she had invited, their eyes met and remained connected for what seemed to be an eternity before Hikari broke the silence.

"Now for the really fun part, "Miss Mirkov".

Dita returned to putting on her exterior act of disinterest. "Don't think for one second that I'm an open book."

Hikari tossed  a smirk her way, "I'm already on Chapter One. And I'll decide when the bookmark is used~"

Dita blushed, "You might regret it~"

---

Kara wrote:Natsuki scanned over the menu, touching the laminate and trying to move it out of the light. The light casted a glare on the menu, making Natsuki irritated. Groaning, Natsuki leaned forward so that she was closer to Mai. “Why does this place have to be so….dark.” Natsuki turned her head up at the light that was covering them, and making the shadows of their features dance across her face. “Yes….I would like the same drink that SHE is having…and could I get your Rainforest Burger. Served on your toasted bun with, tomato, pickles and cheese…oh and add the bacon.” Natuski took the menu away and placed it back on the table.

She turned to Duran again, giving patting him before sighing into her seat. She looked at Mai, watching the lights reflect of her orange hair before another round of sounds rang out in the room. “NO! Not again.” Natuski said looking at a jaguar that began to howl.

Mai found Natsuki's annoyance to be the stuff of legend. Though Natsuki had taken a liking to the stuffed animals, she hadn't quite graduated to animatronics. How amusing that animatronics were being used in such a lush space station. Everything on the outside world was so much more advanced. What do you expect from what was Hikari's modern day New York City. It felt right to Mai, as it resembled home. As beautiful as all these cultures, beings and civilizations were, there was nothing more charming than the familiar. On second thought, Mai wondered if that might be a problem. She shook her head to erase said thought.

Mai-X-Project Act II - Redemption of the Gods - Episode XVII: Eternal Anxiety Vlcs2959

"Relax, Natsuki! Duran doesn't seem to be bothered by the Gorillas!" cackled Mai before Alphonse took the menus away. "Would it make you feel better knowing Kagutsuchi would of definitely blown this place to smitherinos? If anyone is more on edge than you, it's him."

Mai laughed, and felt a small vibration in her chest. It indicated that Kagutsuchi lightly protested Mai's teasing claim.

"I'll have your orders out right away! Um...can I ask you girls something really quick?"

Mai blinked in confusion; looking at Natsuki for a second before turning back to Alphonse. "Shoot?"

"Is Duran able to...reproduce? I've always wanted a metal puppy!"

Mai-X-Project Act II - Redemption of the Gods - Episode XVII: Eternal Anxiety Vlcs3245

Mai's eyes became two small dots. She quickly turned to Natsuki, while sweat-dropping profusely. "Natsuki, don't do anything rash!" vO_Ov
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluholic711 Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:57 pm

With towel clad bodies, Ryuko and Mako were enjoying themselves in the large hot spring. From the beginning, Ryuko was completely uneasy in going in. However, thanks to Mako's happy go lucky influence, the girl with the red streak learned to loosen up a bit.

After all the conflict, they needed some fun back in their lives.

"You know what, Mako? You were right? We really needed this time for ourselves."

"I told you so!" Mako giggled, throwing some water towards her best friend's face. Ryuko's blue eyes went wide with surprise and then mischief.

"Hey! No fair!" Ryuko shouted good naturedly.

The blue haired girl splashed water back at Mako, thus engaging into a splash fight.

However, their fun was interrupted by a small man with a group of ladies with suits.

"Huh?! Who are these people? More admirers?"

"It sure as hell doesn't look like it!" Ryuko growled with frustration, "Oi! You rude salary people! Get out."

However, the midget's associates rose up from behind Ryuko and grabbed her by both arms.

"Whoa, where did you-?!"

"Mister, why are you taking my best friend away?" Mako asked, confused of random events unfolding in front of her. "We're in the middle of bath time."

Bluholic711
Bluholic711
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by firesphere306 Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:10 pm

"Never mind that." Shane waved her arms in front of her, silencing Alice. "Wait, did you say....Arika? She helped you out? That little shit is bad news, slick. She's the reason why everything is such a mess!" She ruffled up her hair, and looked around at the city lights again. "This Arcadia place? Was it a safe place? Was it your home? What is this umbrella? Is that where they make those things?"

Leeloo circled around her clone once more, placing her fingers on Alice's cheek. "War? Solder? Very strong."

Shane stopped her questioning to look at the orange haired clone. "What was that, Tangerine?"

"Strong....solder. Very strong." Leeloo stopped touching Alice's face and looked at Shane. "Strong."

Shane nodded "Okay, I get it. She's strong. Look, Alice. How about we get something to eat. You look like you could use a drink or to." She winked at her. "Then, perhaps you can tell me more about Arika. I can relay it to the others. There's more of us."

Natsuki tapped on the counter, feeling slightly annoyed by the question. Then, she thought about her answer, scratching her head she turned to look at Duran. "I haven't given that much thought about Duran being able to reproduce....but.....yes. I believe Duran could." Natsuki then took a moment to let a some daydream pass by her. Of her and Shizuru holding Duran's puppies in their laps.

Natsuki quickly shook her head and looked at Mai. "This food better get here fast before it eat's itself. Do you think they could reallllly reproduce though? Have you ever thought about that, Mai?"
firesphere306
firesphere306
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:07 pm

Alice raised an eyebrow at the hostility the gorgeous shaggy woman was giving her.

Mai-X-Project Act II - Redemption of the Gods - Episode XVII: Eternal Anxiety Reside10

"Hey, "Slick." If it weren't for her, I would of been under Umbrella's microscope for the 100th time. You must of been deceived by someone who resembled President Arika."

Much to her delight, Leeloo's touchy fingers didn't seem to bother Alice.

"Not taking it personally, if that's what you're thinking. She's not one of the clones I remember, but I consider her a baby sister already."

Alice gave Leeloo a nice gentle hair stroke before focusing back on Shane.

"Anyway, good lookin', Arcadia turned out to be a sham by an old friend who decided to turn against us. Fuck knows what Jill is doing to Chris, Claire, K-Mart and the others right now...it doesn't matter. I'm not allowed to return until I finished the President's task of cleaning up the Undead facility someone tried to open here."

The strong woman in black casually walks over to the zombie's head and crushes it with her right foot.

"This good looking guy is a result of their work. Some sick idea of using actual zombies for television. Replacing actors with the real thing. The Galaxy Network plans on funding it, but I won't give them the chance. What do you two say? Help me wipe out the last of them? After we grab a drink, of course. Could use a little whiskey in my system before heads start rolling. Literally."

Mai belted out one of her famous loud laughs. "You know, this is why I always say you take things so literal, and seriously!" She then gave her best friend a devious look that screamed tease. "I'll humor you for now. We've always assumed that our CHILDs were organic beings to some capacity. That certainly isn't the case with Duran, or even Akane's Hari. The thought of...metallic puppies...is...is..." Mai laughed again before she could even finish. It's partly the thought of such a strange possibility, but mostly the serious expression Natsuki keeps making.
While Natsuki secretly fantasied about the possibility of Duran offspring, Alphonse returned with the complete meals and drinks combinations.

"I thought I'd bring everything out at once. Normally, nervous customers tend to finish their drinks before the main course has arrived," Alphonse commented in matter-of-fact fashion.

Mai-X-Project Act II - Redemption of the Gods - Episode XVII: Eternal Anxiety Vlcs3510

"That's awfully kind of you, Alphonse," replied Mai before placing her left hand on Natsuki's. "But Natsuki isn't worth the trouble. You could of brought us our drinks sooner. It helps her distract frustration a bit. And even at the ripe age of 27, Natsuki still blows bubbles in her soda." Mai continued, trying her best not to crack up.

"I don't mind nervous women!"

Mai noticed that Natsuki was getting close to exploding out of her chair. Alphonse noticed it as well, stopping him in his tracks.

"Um...I think I should go now. If you need anything, shoot me a holler!"

"Or," Mai snickered, "she could just shoot you."

Alphonse runs away, leaving Mai and Natsuki to enjoy their excellent meals and beverages. "Oh, Natsuki, you are still the greatest male repellent. I mean...my knight in shining armor. Now let's eat up!"

As the two ate their main courses, and swallowed the tangy taste of their alcoholic tropical mixes, Mai had to get "it" out there.

"To tell you the truth...I'm afraid of the training tomorrow."

---

However, the midget's associates rose up from behind Ryuko and grabbed her by both arms.

"Whoa, where did you-?!"

"Mister, why are you taking my best friend away?" Mako asked, confused of random events unfolding in front of her. "We're in the middle of bath time."

Kazama swayed his arms like a screwy director who found his muse.

"Your friend is going to be BIG! BIGGER THAN ANYTHING YOU'VE SEEN BEFORE AND-hold on. Who are you again?"

Kazama's personal associates circled Mako in what looked like a mob hit. Arguably, it was a lot worse. Why get slugs in your gut, when you can get clucks in your face?"

"WHO ARE YOU?!"

"WHO ARE YOU?!"

"WHO ARE YOU?!"

The small man straightened his hideous tie.

"It matters not who she is, ladies! THIS!" pointing directly at Ryuko, who stood there with a look of extreme confusion. "THIS...IS MY MASTERPIECE WAITING TO HAPPEN!"

Kazama, who was only 2 inches smaller than Mako, took the swordswoman with the red streak by the hand, "I know not your name, Miss. But you are going to become the new face of Baby Doll. You'll be rich beyond your wildest dreams. Fulfilling the fantasies of men and women everywhere! I'm done with old hags! NO MORE INSULTING THE INTELLIGENCE OF THE PEOPLE! KAWAII IS THE NEW SEXY. AND YOU, MY BABY DOLL, ARE THE NEW SEXY! YOUR NAME WILL BE IN LIGHTS AND...what is your name, young one?"

Out of nowhere, the spa receptionist, Janet, enters the room to (hopefully) put an end to the madness with a little information she discovered.

"Uh...Mister Kazama! My apologies for interrupting your "business dealings." Which, by the way, are criminally wrong."

"Criminally wrong?" replied Kazama, giving a smoker's cackle at Janet's expense. "What would an artificial intelligence desk woman know about what's right and wrong? Secondly, what makes you think this adorable girl doesn't qualify as top asset to my modeling empire?!"

"Don't you recognize her, Mister Kazama?" questioned Janet, "She is one of the Heroes that Dita Mirkov is covering. You know, the one that arrived with Mai Tokiha? Savior of this space station?"

"WHAT?!" exclaimed Kazama, almost tripping over the steamer rocks in the center of the room. "KID, YOU ARE WITH THOSE FREAKS?! DON'T TELL ME YOUR FRIEND WITH THE BOWL CUT IS ALSO ONE OF YOUSE!"

Janet smiled with glee.

Mai-X-Project Act II - Redemption of the Gods - Episode XVII: Eternal Anxiety 1x06-j10

"Looks like she is off-limits, huh, Mister Kazama? Maybe you can find another girl in her adolescence to prey on."

"MONEY WILL BUY COOPERATION!" shouted Kazama, as his assistants somehow manifested behind both Ryuko and Mako.

"COLD."

"HARD."

"MESETA."

"YOU'LL LIVE LIKE EMPRESSES OF YOUR KINGDOMS. ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS SIGN ON THE DOTTED LINE!"

Kazama, on his tippy toes, gets in Ryuko's face, "I'm being nice here, my Baby Doll. I'm inviting your friend with you. Come on~ I am a very rich man~"

---

Anna had at last reached the chocolate factory, despite being distracted by a few landmarks along the way. Not to mention having a little too much fun with the transport portals. The chocolate factory was located in 4th City, the layer of Pioneer II that didn't contain Towns based on where the Heroes came from. Anna did her best to not get distracted by everything else that painted this vast landscape of giant buildings.

Mai-X-Project Act II - Redemption of the Gods - Episode XVII: Eternal Anxiety 47a56f10
 Mai-X-Project Act II - Redemption of the Gods - Episode XVII: Eternal Anxiety 8b611710

"OH, MY GOD! HERE IT-oh, I gotta check that out later-OH, MY GOD WHAT WAS I LOOKING AT-OH YEAH! HERE IT IS! THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY! IT'S SO BIG! Oh, Sis, why didn't you stay behind! I'm not leaving ONE piece of Swiss goodness left as your punishment!"

The excited Princess skipped towards the main gate of the factory, only to find a gathering of protesters. At the center of the gate, a fine man with a regal bearing did his best to calm the civilians down.  He wore one of those funny spandex suits Dita wore, only he had the pattern of chocolate chip mint ice cream.

"Quiet down, please! We understand your concerns about the problem that has ravaged our wonderful facility..."

"SOME "PROBLEM!" YOU HAVE RUINED EVERYTHING!"

"Yeah! Your claim to be the greatest chocolate makers in the entire galaxy. Yet, you bring us trash!"

Anna was horrified by what she was hearing! One after another, the civilians fired relentless accusations at the poor man. He didn't seem like someone who would pull tricks on people. The Princess walked up to one of the protesters, an alien woman with a strange, but beautiful face. To Anna, all races were beautiful...so long as they resembled something.

"Excuse me, Miss! What is going on with that poor man?"

"Poor man," replied the alien woman, rolling her three eyes in the process, "this hack job has ruined the delicious chocolate he used to produce. I left my planet of Aktarr, 23 galaxies away, just to purchase his chocolate. Now, I won't even bother coming back."

Anna covered her mouth in total shock. Chocolate must never be tainted! Except for the batch Hans brought one time. The Southern Isles chocolate is the only exception! But this factory man wasn't Hans; his submissive body language says otherwise. As thoughts continued to swirl inside Anna's oddly shaped head, the alien woman spoke further.

"What brings you here? Surely the news of this fraud that reached all over Pioneer II."

Anna bounced. "Oh! Sorry, my mind kind of wanders at times-oh, look! My palms are already sweaty! Um...I'm actually one of the Heroes with Miss Mai Tokiha. Anna, Princess of Arendelle!"

"The sister of the Queen, right?"

"Yes! She's my crush, I mean, she's my crutch!"

The alien woman chuckled with sounded like an electronic synthesizer being played by an infant.

"It's okay, Princess. On my planet, we marry our own family members. Love is boundless."

"RIGHT?! THAT'S WHAT I'VE ALWAYS BEEN SAYING! Oh, shoot, almost forgoooooot! Why is everyone mad at this man, exactly?"

"You are too dense to be royalty. If you had paid close attention to the Galaxy Network's report, Sundae Fundae has turned his universally adored chocolate into disgusting filth only found on the moons of Vira."

"What on Vira?!"

"A moon created entirely of excrement."

"NO. WAY. Is that even possible!?"

"You don't leave your Earth castle much, do you?"

"It's called responsibilities, lady!" retorted Anna before focusing her gaze on the factory. "Watch and learn from true royalty! Excuse me! Coming through! Beautiful Princess coming through! Watch where you're touching, you naughty boy!"

The factory owner, Sundae Fundae, looked at this small young woman made her way through the dense crowd with ease. Most recognized her as one of the Heroes, while the few took her word that she was actual royalty. Fundae hoped that this young lady's actions would distract the mob for a bit before he planned a retreat to the factory. Before he could even accomplish such a task, the Princess had arrived to get her answers.

"Sir Sundae Fundae? I am Princess Anna of Arendelle! Chocolate expert and extraordinaire! It's an honor to meet someone who will satisfy my cravings-and I don't mean casual love making, get your heads out of the scummy ponds, people!"

Sundae couldn't wrap his head around the idea of a size 0 woman who claimed to eat chocolate by the truck load. "Yes, I've heard of you and the Heroes. Listen, I appreciate that you took the time to sponsor my factory, but as you can see, nothing is going as planned today. Please bother me another day, okay Miss?"

Anna waved her arms frantically in protest. "No, no no! It took me over 2 hours to find this place, and I really-REALLY want your chocolate! I don't know exactly what's wrong with these people, but if that means more chocolate for me..."

"Miss. Your Majesty. Whatever. That's my problem, I can't give you any chocolate. The people are right. My quality has taken a serious dip, and I don't know why."

"Oh...tush!" exclaimed the Princess, "prove it to me!"

The civilians who overheard their conversation began chanting, "PROVE IT!"

The alien woman from earlier had caught up with Anna. "Yes, Fundae. Show her why your ice cream and chocolate is the work of space slugs, and not of a genius. You'll regret this, Princess-y."

Fundae let out a long sigh. "Very well, but don't hold me responsible. I'm being hit with enough intergalactic law suits as it is. OPEN THE GATES!"

As the gates opened just enough for Princess Anna and Sundae Fundae to enter, the crowd began to disperse; laughing at their expense along the way.

---

"You always knew you wanted to be some force for good?" questioned Dita Mirkov, as she graciously played around with what was left of her special salad. "Not everyone begins their dream wanting to carry such a heavy responsibility."

Hikari washed down what was left of meal with a glass of wine. The wine in question was unique to Pioneer II. "Got me there, Miss Mirkov. By the way, did you know this grape juice plus is not as strong as this joint thinks?"

"What makes you say that? Kibari wine is for extraterrestrials and magical warriors. Are you not both?" replied the Russian beauty in a playful tone.

"One sip would put a human being into a coma. And it would put aliens and high ranking sorcerers out for a few hours if they finish an entire bottle. So our host tells us...but I'm on my 5th bottle. Care to explain?"

Dita gave a light smack to Hikari's resting left hand (which she greatly enjoyed) as she adjusted her seat. "Are you going to complain all night, or are you going to answer my question?"

Hikari laughed, then reached for the nearest cloth napkin to dab his mouth. "Perhaps both, since it satisfies you."

"Mister Tsunami. Hearing you criticize this "classy joint" is not enough to satisfy me."

"Yet, you're giving off an air of excitement. Like a school girl who is about to be told a pinky swear secret," replied Hikari, half smirking; never keeping his eyes off his company's own beautiful round pearls. "Picture this. You're 6 years old. Lost. Scared. Devoid of all advantages people take for granted these days, like a home, school or even parents."

Dita's eyes widened a bit in response to the last part, "I'm sorry..."

"Don't be. See, with all that absent, your mentor arrives to tell you that nothing is truly lost if your heart is still beating. Air in your lungs. The will to survive. The last thing I expected to be was a "force for good". Setsuna-sensei laid it out to me that I was on this-well, I should say *my* Earth for a specific purpose. It was a punishing four years of training. Instead of learning about letters, dinosaurs, the Cat in the Hat...I was being taught human history. Cultures all over the world. All languages possible. Most importantly, how to kill a man...or a woman. Because, sweetheart, anyone can be a threat. All this was the best learning experience; thus I began to cherish the idea of protecting the decent people of my world. The much shorter answer," pouring more Kibari into the tall glass, "I hated the responsibility at first. Now, it's my brainchild."

The Russian woman's breath was taken away, "excuse me if I had to come up for air. In all seriousness, you are just so...incredible. Your data file listed all your adventures, but to hear them directly from you would be another experience entirely."

The Knight chuckled and flipped his hair back. "Wait until you hear about the time I, along with my partner Shin Ying and a Takarazuka performer battled a subterranean cult group in Asia that wanted to summon an alien god to Earth."

Dita raised an eyebrow, "Oh yes, I only read the part that said you were romantically involved with this performer."

Hikari waved his hand and shook his head while smiling, "Kokoro Hanagiri. She part of the Flower Troupe. Met her during my expedition in Shanghai. Kokoro and I broke it off before it even officially begun; following our adventure in Asia."

"Why is that?"

"She was simply freaked by what had transpired. A life with my friends and I is a handful, so I don't blame in the slightest."

Dita let those words settle in for a moment. She felt as if she was setting her sights too high. This man, along with all the Heroes that had arrived here, had gone through Hell. If she even considered the possibility of...no. The Russian woman panicked interally, but was saved by what Hikari had asked next.

"No doubt your line of work is similar in that regard, Miss Mirkov," Hikari continued, unintentionally breaking the ice for Dita.

"HA!" Dita bellowed out, "The Galaxy Netwok is an endless game, Mister Tsunami. One I greatly take pride in. Before coming to Pioneer II, I was already the number one newscaster in the galaxy. Kingdoms from hundreds of star systems would always request the Starship Channel to shed light on the politics that either plagued, or nurtured our intergalactic society."

Hikari sweatdrops a tad at that last statement. "The Starship Channel is a reality show set to focus on entertainment. Surely you mean political satire? Not legitimate coverage of the issues going on within your network?"

"Technically, Starship Channel started off as a reality series meant to entertain. We have evolved since then because, unlike other stations in the galaxy, we were the only ones unafraid to tackle the truths."

"The truths, Miss Mirkov?"

"Yes, the truths. You can't create real change within a, say, network ring of corrupt leaders. Other stations were either paid off, or were terrified of what "they" might do."

Hikari moves in a bit closer to Dita, adjusting his seat until he was within ear shot. "Wouldn't that be career suicide if "they" finally had enough and nailed you to the wall?"

Dita licks her heavy shade of crimson lips, inching her mouth towards Hikari's long point right ear.

"Career suicide's not so bad when you consider the alternative is suicide by career."

The Knight was impressed, grinning from ear to ear. Perhaps the others were wrong about Dita. She took pride in her journalism without the slightest concern of consequence, so long as the truth is revealed. Why she was chosen by Arika remains suspicious regardless. For now, Hikari trusted in his instincts. That Mai and his new friends were being documented in a positive light. If the fates allow, the real truth behind "President Arika" might also...

"Tell me, Miss Mirkov."

"Yes, Mister Tsunami?" Dita's body language continues to be inviting.

"Did Ari-"

The Knight in the banana suit had to stop himself for a second, as the current musical act caught his attention. Throughout Hikari and Dita's entire conversation, 6 performers have come and gone. None of them bothered, or were noticed by the two until now.

Call meh Rustay if ye' mussssst
It tisn't noice but eye admit that it fitssss
For a dead-end engin' fallin' to bitssss
Call meh Rusty if ye' lyyyyyyyyyyke

Dita wondered why Hikari looked so offended by the performance. "It's just a Dwarf from the Azeroth universe singing a song."

>:3 "Singing for lack of a better term, Miss Mirkov. AM I THE ONLY ONE HEARING THIS?! THE MAN IS DESTROYING A CLASSIC!"

Dita tugged on Hikari's sleeve. "Stop that!"

"No, I won't stop! Time to fix this!"

In a quick half second, Hikari was already on the stage with the microphone in hand. The dwarf, with his eyes closed, beside him continued to sing, believing his was still holding onto the microphone. This caused Dita to jump back in amazement.

"I knew he was fast, but holy stars in the sky. The poor dwarf didn't even feel it..."

Hikari didn't even bother introducing himself, he just restarted the song. The Knight started swaying his hips in a suggestive manner, dancing slowly with the rhythm of this odd number from old Earth.

Currently being sung by Hikari Tsunami: Call Me Rusty by Starlight Express

Woooooo wooooooo,
Wooooooo woooooooo,
Nobody can do it like a steam train

It's Rusty! Split! HIDE!

Out of the way
Anyone can do it to a steam train

Woo woo,
Woo woo,

You going in for the race, steam train? Should do

Who can do it like a steam train?
He said nobody, so he's nobody
Hi, nobody
Nobody
Steam train
That'll teach you to show some respect for diesel
'Cause diesel's gonna win it
Okay, Rusty?

Okay, steam train?

Okay, Rusty?

Call me Rusty if you like
Rusty's how I look
And Rusty's my name
Slow corrosion is eroding my frame

Call me Rusty if you must
It isn't nice but I admit that it fits
For a dead-end engine falling to bits

Come on Rusty,
Come on Rusty,
Come on Rusty
This is not the dream I dreamed when they first lit my fire
Mainline coaches streamed behind as my steam rose higher
Switching and hitching at everyone's call
Never occurred in my vision at all
But when they start the racing and you notice the steam
You know it's me that's moving on
And proving you should listen to your dream

Call me Rusty if you dare
'Cause when you see me on the finishing line
And when I take the place that's rightfully mine

Listen to this big shot talking he seems to imply
All the trains will just move over and let him by

Rusty you can not believe all that stuff

You mustn't go racing you're not tough enough
You'll either be a hundred miles away at the back
Or worse they'll find you scattered in a million rusty pieces 'round the track
'Cause when you see me on the finishing line
And when I take the place that's rightfully mine
Call me Rusty
Hello Rusty, good boy Rusty, hello Rusty, good boy Rusty
Call me Rusty...

I. DON'T CARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRE!!!!!!

The crowd explodes with applause, with only Dita Mirkov reacting with intense laughter. Her throat was so sore from laughter, she had to ask for a glass of water. Hikari tossed the mic over to the next performer, a beautiful blue alien woman who found herself applauding beforehand.

"It's all yours, sweetheart!" shouted Hikari before reaching his table. Dita quickly asked for the check, then got up to regain her composure.

"Wow! That was the hardest I've ever laughed. My organs feel like they're about to fall out-what was that song?!"

Hikari rolled his eyes, and toasted the last of his wine to Dita. "A very...fabulous...song from my world. The artists knew how to write toe tapping hits that get you moving!"

"That being said," Dita said point blank before tipping Brutus the waiter. "It's getting late. Thank you for joining me for dinner, and making my abdominal hurt worse than my last Pilates class. You are aware that you have escort service at your suite. I see, Mister Tsunami, that you're a man of needs. Feel free to choose your lady from your suite's complementary services."

Hikari half smirked, locking his sharp gaze on Dita's loveliest features. Always returning to her eyes.

"I already have."

Mai-X-Project Act II - Redemption of the Gods - Episode XVII: Eternal Anxiety Vlcsna10

"Guess I have no choice~"
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by WolvenBane08 Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:36 pm

Xan watched as Laekna picked her beloved mace out of the Forge’s armory, then, after a moment’s thought, picked up a sturdy longbow as well. She walked over to her wife, brushing a few unruly strands of golden hair out of Laekna’s face and giving her a soft smile.

I’ll be fine, amethyst eyes seemed to say. Don’t worry about me.

Laekna nodded in silence, seeing that glint of stubborn determination—and desire for revenge—in her eyes, and feeling it through their Bond.

“Take care, Sunshine.” Xanda told her quietly. “Some of them are even quicker to fight than Lavi, you’ll have your work cut out for you.”

“Well you know me,” she replied. “If they get too stupid, I’ll just let them hurt until they smarten up.”

“Because that worked so well with our old Unit.” Xan drawled, Summanus snorting his agreement and amusement.

Laekna rotated the hand holding her mace once, testing its heft.

“Then I’ll give them a smack or two with BFT, here.” Lae replied with a cheeky grin. “That will catch their attention.”

Xan chuckled at that, knowing from experience that the business end of Lae’s mace—creatively named Blunt Force Trauma—was a place no one should ever want to be. The deceptively slight piece of metal was imbued with all manner of nasty Talfyr runes, and all tied to Lae’s magic so she could inflict as much or as little damage as she wanted.

“Get moving,” Xan told her gently as she noted the others vanishing through the portals. “I promise Sparkles will at least be trained to be punctual.”

“Hey!” The boy in question protested.

Lae nodded, reaching a hand up to cup her wife’s face and pull it down for a sweet, lingering kiss. Her thumb brushed across Xan’s temple, still not used to seeing amethyst where there had once been blue tourmaline. She looked more like her father than ever now, and Laekna comforted herself with knowing that if Alkordi could survive watching his wife and seven eldest children be murdered by his sister and still possess that trademark Lutien sense of humor….Xanda would be fine as well, in time.

“Bring them all back, Angel.” Xan told her wife as she walked towards the portal. “I’ve still got pranks to pull!”

Laekna shot her wife a look of fond exasperation and an offensive gesture before disappearing into the portal.

Xan smiled softly as she turned her attention to Kaltus, giving him a calculating look. Out of the corner of her eye, she spied a massive haft. Too long for any blade, but too short and bulky for a greataxe.

“Grab that,” she said, nodding to the haft.

“What is this even for?!” The boy exclaimed as he walked over to it. “It’s taller than I am, and isn’t even a weapon yet!”

“That,” Xanda told him, “is the start of your new weapon.”

Kal’s eyes bulged at that.

“But I can barely lift it!” He protested, voice a full octave higher than usual.

“And that, dear boy,” Xanda said, giving him grin that was less a smile and more a baring of teeth. “Is what training is for.”

Kaltus gaped, alternating between staring at her and staring at the haft.

“What is it even made of?” He inquired eventually.

“No idea!” Xanda chirped. “But I can feel that it’s the sturdiest thing here.”

“But why—”

“You want to help heal, but you want to fight too.” Xanda explained. “You need something that reflects that.” She moved to a sheet of butcher paper and picked up a piece of charcoal as Kaltus trailed behind her.

“You’re light and flighty—”

“Hey!”

“So you need something with some real power behind it, both physically and magically.” Her hand arced gracefully across the paper as she sketched out her idea. The small smile curling at her lips giving away how much she was enjoying the chance to design from scratch again.

“You’re a master of flight and speed,” she continued. “So you need something with some heft to give people pause if you’re grounded.” Her hand paused as she looked over her design with a critical eye.

“A….great-hammer?” Kaltus inquired, skepticism fairly palpable.

“With a blade!” Xan grinned, adding a smooth arc to the hammer’s top. “Because you can never have enough slicey!”

“But I don’t know the first thing abou—”

“You. Can. Learn.” Xanda punctuated each word with a finality that made him gulp.

Back at home, he’d been able to flake out on lessons all the time. Between his twin sister’s specialized training as a Seer, his four older siblings, all the other Mancers training at the Haven, and his Auntie Rai’s endless shenanigans…it was pretty easy to slip through the cracks and avoid the lessons he didn’t enjoy.

He was regretting that now, though, as he took in the hardness of Xanda’s eyes and stance. He would never say that his parents coddled him, but they weren’t as firm as they could have been since—like all of their children—he displayed an absurdly strong gift for magical combat. And on Aelwyd, there is always magic.

But he wasn’t on Aelwyd now. And there were no helical strands of pure Magic and Null circling the world and keeping the Design whole. Hell, there was no Design at all here, or anywhere else they might go.

He realized with sudden clarity that he’d lived his whole life with a massive crutch in the form of Aelwyd, the Helix, and the Design. And now, quite suddenly, he had to stand on his own.

No, not stand, he thought grimly. Run. Fight. Survive.

His kunzite eyes drifted back up to meet Xanda’s cool amethyst—watching him in his musings—and nodded once. Firmly.

“Where do we start?”

Xanda relaxed her posture with an air of approval, eyeing him up and down once more.
“With strength training.” She said blandly. “And hand-to-hand combat to teach you how to take a hit and keep going.”

He nodded, knowing instinctively that this would be nothing like the fun, light-hearted sparring he was used to. Though she concealed it well with pranks and humor, this woman in front of him—much like the one he’d heard legends of back home—was a battle-hardened warrior.

And he was a raw recruit.

“And if you’re late,” Xanda added as an afterthought, remembering his tardiness to her wife’s lessons that morning. “The amount you regret it will increase by a factor of ten for every minute after the appointed time.”

“And if you’re late?” He asked, trying for humor.

“Then I probably need backup.” Xanda fired back.

Kaltus gulped, suddenly wondering if the stories of the legendary Paragon Queen of the Elves back home hadn’t actually been exaggerated…and if he was about to find himself on the receiving end of one of those brutal-but-effective training styles. According to many a legend, the Paragon Queen had been able to raise a deadly army out of a handful of scattered, untrained Elven clans in only a handful of months.

And with the technology available on Pioneer II, this half-Elf warrior may well be able to cut that time clean in half.

“And of course,” Xan added with entirely too much pleasure in her voice, “I fully expect you to keep up with the training regiment my wife has laid out for you.”

“But—”

“Consider it….motivation.” She interrupted him smoothly. “You want to not be carried out of the ring every day, then become an effective Healer.”

Oh, yeah. Kal thought as his jaw hung open. Mom would love her.

Summanus’ rumbling laughter over the whole affair echoed across the area. Things would certainly stay interesting.
WolvenBane08
WolvenBane08
Shizuru Fujino-Mama a.k.a. The Viola-tor
Shizuru Fujino-Mama a.k.a. The Viola-tor

Bubuzuke points : 950
Armitage GUTS!!! : 285

http://wolvenbane08.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:29 pm

"Your Majesty, I must warn you that my factory is a sacred place to me. You must promise to always approach each area with caution and care-YOUR MAJESTY!"

"SORRY, SIR SUNDAE FUNDAE! THE DOOR IS MADE OF DARK CHOCOLATE, SO I NATURALLY RESPONDED!"

"Naturally," groaned Sundae Fundae. "Now please, stop eating the entrance way that I spent 12 hours making with my withered hands, and take a look inside."

Current BGM: World of Illusion Music - Candy Land

"Huh?" As Anna turned her attention to the interior of the factory, the distraction of fine chocolate took a nose dive. Before her was a wonderland of candies, chocolates, ice cream, cookies and other bake goods. Many of them were not familiar to her; it truly opened her eyes to the endless possibilities beyond the stars. Forget Arendelle and the imports from other Kingdoms! The Princess found herself at the mercy of endless sweets being created one after another.

Mai-X-Project Act II - Redemption of the Gods - Episode XVII: Eternal Anxiety Nuortu10

Mai-X-Project Act II - Redemption of the Gods - Episode XVII: Eternal Anxiety Elsa-a10

"YOU. HAVE. NO. IDEA. WHAT. YOU. HAVE. UNLEASHED."

Sundae Fundae raised an eyebrow. "I'm well aware of my botched chocolate, Your Majesty."

"NOT THE CHOCOLATE, YOU FOOL!"

"F-f-fool?!"

"I WAS TALKING ABOUT ME!"

"Erm! WAIT! WHERE ARE YOU GOING?!"

"TO FIT AS MUCH AS I CAN INTO THIS BODY!!!!!!!!!!! Did I really just say that? Elsa's never been that adventurous enough to try-NO DISTRACT! CAKE TIME!!!"

Mai-X-Project Act II - Redemption of the Gods - Episode XVII: Eternal Anxiety 50375410

The Princess spent the next two hours consuming every type of dessert from the vast reach of the Multiverse. Fundae tried to explain to her that his entire factory uses ingredients from various universes. Those who have traveled to Pioneer II on business ventures import all the necessary goods. As Anna chewed her way through the seven story gummy bears in the receiving area, Fundae mentioned that he was once a highly respected baker in his universe. His goal was to aim for the highest name recognition through Pioneer II's Multiversal trade system. Profits soared at the starting period, once his factory was authorized by President Arika. Worlds and alien beings he has never known were already requesting orders. Sundae Fundae was a Orlark; a human-like being from another galaxy. His home planet is similar to Earth's, only the Orlarks are born with the ability to absorb almost unlimited amounts of information with a single glance. Making them one of the most skilled problem solvers and inventors in his galaxy. Once his civilization discovered the concept of pastries (oddly enough, 7,800 years before Earth humans created what could be called the first dessert). As time passed, Orlarks have grown tired of the existing desserts and sought to create something new. Unfortunately, like Earth's solar system, surrounding planets offered nothing. Only through Pioneer II's trading post was Fundae able to take advantage and experiment with ingredients not found on his home world.

Princess Anna burped up her 67th lollipop from the "Lolli Garden", picked at her teeth and nodded away as Fundae finished telling his story.

"So what you're saying is, genius came with a price!"

"Yes, Your Majesty. You see, I couldn't get my chocolate funded by the Galaxy Network after the whole process went sour. News of my horrid chocolate spread all over this grand space station, and that's when I knew I was ruined."

Mai-X-Project Act II - Redemption of the Gods - Episode XVII: Eternal Anxiety C44c7d10
"Why don't you just fix whatever you tossed into the mixing?"

"DON'T YOU THINK I'VE ALREADY TRIED THAT!?" Fundae points the Princess to the one section of this fancy-candy-land-within-a-factory that hasn't been explored. "Remember my dark chocolate door that you ate earlier, Princess? That was all that was left of my original work. What you see in here..." continues Fundae as he signals one of his workers, a fellow Orlark...

(You can tell because of the height. Orlarks are *always* an even 5 foot in height. There was no concept of height difference in their genes. To this day, no Orlark was born with any deformities, due to the seemingly perfect climate conditions of planet Orlark. No history of war, either).

...to flip the switch that opens to the labeled "Choco Paradiso".

"What you see before you is my life's work. Ruined."

The skeptical Princess waved it off with a raspberry. "Trust me, Sir Sundae Fundae. I have yet to meet a chocolate bar I've said NO to! A chocolate truffle pie I have to say NAY to!"

"Your Majesty..." sighed Fundae as he signaled Anna to proceed. "Help yourself."

"I KNEW YOU'D SEE IT MY WAY, SIR FUNDAE! YAHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!"

Unable to decide, Anna threw her arms up and tore a off a giant piece of caramel chocolate from the animal display. It was the trunk of an Elephant made out of chocolate with caramel filling.

"Your Majesty, PLEASE! It took me ages to make that chocolate sculpture! Earth animals aren't easy to put together!"

"BUT LOOK AT IT, SIR FUNDAE! SO RICH! SO SHINY! I CAN TELL THE TEXTURE WILL BE DIVINE! Actually...why don't I just eat it?"

Once Anna took a bite of the chocolate-caramel trunk, she felt an intense sharp pain inside her mouth. She even heard a light crack, possibly grinding sand....

"GAHHHHHH!!! WHOA! TIME OUT!!! WHAT WAS THAT?!"

"I tried to tell you, Your Majesty!"

"No. No. No. NO!"

"No, Princess?"

"NO! I MEAN......NO! Chocolate should NOT taste like this! It shouldn't be harder than Kristoff's head! This is...awful!"

"SPARE ME, PRINCESS! I'VE HAD MY PSYCHE EVALUATION THIS MONTH!"

"Sir Fundae!" sighed Anna, who continued to spit the "sand" out of her mouth. "You've broken my molars. The least you can do is let me help you save your chocolate. This is a royal decree!"

"But Princess! I've tried to change the ingredients! I redid the mixing batches countless times! No matter what I do, it always comes out this way!"

Anna suddenly grabs Sundae Fundae by his fancy silk shirt. "Not on my watch! TO THE MIXING! WE'LL GET TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS RIGHT NOW!"

---

Bluholic wrote:"I told you so!" Mako giggled, throwing some water towards her best friend's face. Ryuko's blue eyes went wide with surprise and then mischief.

"Hey! No fair!" Ryuko shouted good naturedly.

The blue haired girl splashed water back at Mako, thus engaging into a splash fight.

However, their fun was interrupted by a small man with a group of ladies with suits.

"Huh?! Who are these people? More admirers?"

"It sure as hell doesn't look like it!" Ryuko growled with frustration, "Oi! You rude salary people! Get out."

"Whoa, where did you-?!"

"Bath time can wait! Your friend is about to become the next BIG thing at Baby Doll!"

Current BGM: Kill la Kill OST 1 08 - Hiru la lill♪

One of the assistants waddled over to Mako. "You may come along as Miss Matoi's manager. In signing THIS contract saying so, you will receive 30% of her profits. We're aware you're being funded by the Galaxy Network as the Heroes of Pioneer II. But the 30% can mean payment of any kind. We're beyond Meseta cash here, Miss Mako. You are going to make Ryuko Matoi the hottest face in Lolita fashion. All in the name of CUTE...as Director Kazama likes to say."

"HEY! I'M NOT PAYING YOU BROADS BY THE HALF HOUR HERE! RYUKO IS ALREADY PACKED IN THE FLOATING LIMOUSINE! BE GRATEFUL YOU'RE BEING OFFERED THE 30% EARNINGS, LITTLE MAKO!"

Ryuko pokes her head out of the window, "IF I HAVE TO GO TO THIS BABY BULLSHIT FASHION CRAP ALONE, MAKO IS GOING WITH MEEEEEE!!!!!"

All of the assistants smirk in unison. "It seems as if your friend has accepted her fate. You'll have plenty of bath time before the big runway show tonight! Oh, Janet!"

POP!

Mai-X-Project Act II - Redemption of the Gods - Episode XVII: Eternal Anxiety 1x06-j10
"Yes, how may I help you?"

Ryuko sweatdrops. "You didn't have to summon her, you know. She was sitting like 10 feet away from you..."

"Janet. Activate the floating transport and have Ryuko and her little...naked...friend...taken to Ravishing Runway. Tonight we debut a STAR!"

"You mean MY star!" Kazama chimes in as he counts his Meseta in public like a shameless billionaire-oh wait.

Janet nods and shoves Mako into the limousine with Ryuko, Kazama and those lifeless assistants of his. Before taking off, Janet winks at both Ryuko and Mako. Both looking at her with heavy confusion.

"Hi. I'm Janet."

Ryuko gets a bit annoyed. "Yes! I know you're Janet!

"HI, JANET!" yells Mako!

Mai-X-Project Act II - Redemption of the Gods - Episode XVII: Eternal Anxiety Ryuko_10

"...Tell me...where exactly are we going?!"

"More will be explained once you get there, Ryuko Matoi. Mako Mankanshoku. WINK."

Ryuko sighed heavily and then scoots herself closer to Janet's ear. "Listen, thanks for sticking up for us before."

"I do not know what you're talking about."

"TO-DAY, JANET!!!!" screams Kazama as he lights up another oversized cigar.

"Later! And have a pleasant flight!"

"NO, WAIT!"

The space limousine lifts and begins heading towards the endless sea of neon lights.

"Mako. It's times like these that I wish Arika would show up with random minions trying to kill us. Something tells me we're about to enter the true Hell. Mako? MAKO?!"

Mai-X-Project Act II - Redemption of the Gods - Episode XVII: Eternal Anxiety Maxres10

"RYUKOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! I CAN SEE ALL THE PRETTY BUILDINGS FROM UP HERE!!!! AS YOUR MANAGER, I SWEAR YOUR BEAUTIFUL FACE WILL BE ON EVERY BILLBOARD!!!"

Ryuko bashes her face against the window, now shattered, until she starts bleeding.
"I'M SURROUNDED BY MORONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!" seethed Ryuko; willingly allowing things to happen because she's just unable to wrap her brain around the concept of modeling for her..."cuteness".

---
The night sky covered the high rise building of the Galaxy Network. On the top floor lies a private suite that looks out onto the city that towers above the rest. When you're on top, you stay on top. So Dita Mirkov prefers. Only she was happily a bottom girl tonight; catching her breath in hopes of receiving another round of pleasure.

Current BGM: The Bedroom · Patrick Doyle

"Oh, My."

"How many times until you're satisfied?" questioned Hikari, whose pale, well sculpted chest was being squeezed by the Russian reporter.

"As many times as I need it," teased Dita, keeping her eyes locked onto Hikari's.

Hikari placed his firm hands on Dita’s lower abdomen, gently sliding down towards her soft thighs.
“Bon Appetite!,” Hikari called out, laughing.

Mai-X-Project Act II - Redemption of the Gods - Episode XVII: Eternal Anxiety Vlcsna11

“Yeah, uh-huh!,” Dita said. “You don't get to snack on me unless I say so."

Hikari laughed again. “It's nice to be around a woman who isn't intimidated.”

Hikari caught the look the Russian woman cast him from her hypnotic eyes.

"Oh, trust me," Dita commented as she slowly rested her ankles on Hikari's broad shoulders.
"I'm not intimidated by you as a man."

The swordsman intentionally tilted his head like a confused animal. "Out with it, Dita. The suspense is more tantalizing than your aroma," looking down, then peering back up at her. "Okay. It's up there."

Current BGM: Elliot & Lisa · Patrick Doyle

Dita giggled, proceeding to pedal her feet playfully while caressing Hikari's unshaven left cheek.
"You are powerful, Hikari. We've all seen the footage of your remarkable feat. The difference is that unlike some of your friends, you don't let power consume your brain. At first I thought, maybe it's because he's from a modern time like Mai Tokiha. Your friends from magical lands and dystopian futures have issues they need to sort out by comparison."

"Stress does that to you. A lot of them have PTSD from their own personal arcs back home," replied Hikari. "Some of us handle demons better. Since you're dragging my name into it, I might as well educate you, beautiful."

"I'll be taking mental notes on my mental notepad, handsome."

Hikari lowered himself to flick Dita's perked nipple with his tongue, then giving it a gentle bite.

"Ow!" playfully remarked Dita, even though it did hurt a bit. "That is no way to respond to sass play."

Hikari then grabs Dita's ankles; lowering them beside him. He flips his darkened hair back,  which excites Dita. Though the lack of glistening sweat was disappointing, the reporter internally remembered that Hikari rarely gets fatigued.

"When you have seen what I've experienced for over 30 years, you begin to realize that you've lived 30 life times. We've had victories, sure, you also get the whole package, sweetheart. Heartbreak, physical pain, mental damage...loss. You see, Miss Mirkov, we can win all the battles, train our bodies and powers to break limits and even save lives of those closest to us-and still not feel well. If we're not dealing with this other aspect of ourselves which is emotional, and looking at resentment, looking at bitterness, and being willing to go into some of our restrictive thought processes, our limited beliefs that are just as toxic as what a true villain puts him or herself through, that's the harder part. It's easy to change your training, it's easy to modify your weapons for combat, it's easy to put on a display of confidence to let the enemy know that you're on top of things; superficially. But it's immensely difficult to deal with the emotional within you, and to take responsibility for your own healing in the midst of life's most painful obstacles."

The Russian woman felt her heart strings tugged a bit, but buried her true feelings on what Hikari shared deep down. This was just a business, and these Heroes, no matter what they're going through, are part of a much bigger oiled machine.

"My. That was very profound, Mister Tsunami. But don't you think that the one person who needs to hear this most of all is Mai Tokiha herself? President Arika holds her to such high esteem."

Hikari shook his head, and began lifting Dita's legs high up again. "Let's talk about President Arika."

"What do you want to know?" asked Dita with deep curiosity as her cheeks turned red.

Hikari remembered to be direct enough with his question, in the event of raising red flags that could get him or the others killed early.

"Are you certain that her intentions are noble? You know, Presidents back where I come from aren't always sunshine and unicorns."

Dita laughed at the idea of a unicorn running a planet like Earth. "President Arika is the most squeaky clean elected official I have ever laid my eyes on. Many call her the prodigy of all prodigies. To become leader of the Multiversal trade nation at her age has never been done before. She was the only one capable of uniting enemy nations together. The only one who brought various world together to deal in trade without so much as lifting a gun or a plasma sword. Of course, President Arika's power is rumored to be limitless due to achieving such an unrealistic task in Multiversal unity on Pioneer II. However, that rumor was quickly dispelled when the President's powers were unable to deal with the evil forces occupying the various universes that you and your friends must take back."

"I'm finding that hard to believe. Arika could kill us, and those goons we have to fight without even blinking an eye. She has these people hook, line and sinker. We will expose that murdering deity once Galaxia is either defeated or dead. Arika is not just our enemy. She is an enemy to all of creation."

"Forget what I said, Mister Tsunami. I already spoiled the mood for us."

"Nonsense, beautiful. Feel free to play dumb and start over."

"Right...um...what was I saying?" Dita snickered, throwing a flirtatious eyebrow lift towards the dashing swordsman.

"Wonderful, interesting things," replied Hikari, as he slid his hands down.

Dita couldn't fight her passionate urges any longer as she lifts herself up to kiss Hikari. The man quickly catches her lips with two fingers and pushes her on her back again.

"No. Let me do what I do. You just lay back."

Dita blushed intensely. Her body began to move in rhythmic fashion to accommodate Hikari's oral positioning. "Look, I've been single for a while and my battery powered friends have made it difficult for me to...yeah. Then you come in...and...oh...put an end to my losing streak!"

"Welcome to the winning circle. Come one, come all."

"So, if I don't climax?"
"It's back to battery powered support groups."

"Mmm, can't let that happen~"

That night, the swordsman gave this enthusiastic reporter multiple orgasms. For what it's worth.

Later that night.

Mai-X-Project Act II - Redemption of the Gods - Episode XVII: Eternal Anxiety Vlcsna13

"It's 3am in the morning, and I'm recording my digital diary entry a little earlier than expected. Hikari is more fascinating that I thought. According to my readings, he managed to create a barrier so powerful, no one could see or hear what happened between us. Dr. Medusa's technology is incredible. All of the Heroes cannot hide their activities from her during their stay on Pioneer II. Though we have been instructed not to spy on the Heroes, Dr. Medusa is collecting any energy readings and outputs they release here. I just hope that...no. That's just stupid, Dita."

Mai-X-Project Act II - Redemption of the Gods - Episode XVII: Eternal Anxiety Vlcsna14

As Dita stops the recording and saves it to her database, we see her walking over to a small crystal gem. She touches it with a single nail, causing the sleeping Hikari to unfreeze from time. This time gem is Dita's only way of avoiding any suspicion from Hikari's sharp eye for deception, due to his weak point against time manipulation.

"We cannot jeopardize the Raids. President Arika's only hope is through you, and the data Dr. Medusa collects. That's why Medusa has given me this. If you or any of your friends figure this out, I beg you, Hikari. Please find a way to forgive me."
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluholic711 Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:38 pm

The space limo continued to driving through the neon lights. Mako looked out the window with awe and wonder, like a child seeing a parade or a circus for the first time. Ryuko was still grumpy about the situation she was forced into.

If only there was something to spoil the ride, she thought.

Of course, when she noticed how excited Mako was, she lightened up, slightly. She was glad that her best friend was enjoying the views of the city, mind you. But, Ryuko was not looking forward to the Baby Doll show.

Why was she picked? Why her, someone who has always been tomboyish, masculine, and aggressive? There could have been plenty other girls who were of a better definition of cuteness than Ryuko herself. Hell, Mako could've easily passed up as the perfect model for the fashion show.

It probably didn't matter now, anyway. Fate had a way to be cruel, it seems. There was no sense brooding over it. So, for now, she had to wait for the dreaded ride to be over and pray for twist of events to unfold.
Bluholic711
Bluholic711
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:21 pm

---
As Princess Anna and Sundae Fundae headed towards the gigantic mixing room, the staff could be seen examining the various machines and program commands in the main computer for any errors. So far? Zippo.

"Tell me, my friends!" shouted Fundae, "have any of you found the source of the problem yet?"

"It's going to be diffult to narrow anything down, Sir! We are dealing with the biggest chocolate crisis here! The only way we're ever going to advance is to take this entire facility apart. We're running out of options!"

"You see, Your Majesty? There's no hope, and now I'll have to unscrew this entire joint to find the-HEY! WHERE DID YOU GO!?"

The Princess sneakily made her way to the tall ladder that led to the mixer. She admired the size of the mixer from a distance, already salivating at the amount of chocolate inside.

Mai-X-Project Act II - Redemption of the Gods - Episode XVII: Eternal Anxiety Ae398c10

"WOW! It's, like, the size of Arendelle castle! NO! ARENDELLE ITSELF! Oh, Elsa, why are you not heeeeeeerrrrrrrre!? UGH! This is what heaven must look like!"

Down below, Sundae Fundae signaled his staff to leave for the day. "Silly girl."

Anna would have noticed this, if it weren't for her nose. The sweet aroma of rare chocolates from all over the various galaxies filled the air.  She looked down to see this expanded cesspool filled with the greatest piece of food ever created.

"I'm so going to dive down there. I'm so going to dive down there. I'm so going to dive down there."

Anna had already made up her mind! For she was already losing it! Anna dressed down, removed her boots and prepared to dive. "This is what dreams are made of!"

The Princess was focused like never before. She was so focused that she didn't even feel the freezing metallic floor pressed against her bare soles. She wanted to dive into the abyss of her own personal ecstasy. She took a running start, but immediately put on the breaks the second she hit the hit of the mixer! Why?! What happened?! Anna was never afraid to jump from high places before, and certainly chocolate was a more pleasant landing than snow.

"What's that?" she questioned. "That doesn't belong there...Mr. Fundae, I think you-"

WHACK!

Mai-X-Project Act II - Redemption of the Gods - Episode XVII: Eternal Anxiety 8eb3b910

The Princess fell forward towards the mixer, but was caught just in time by Fundae. She had been knocked out by Fundae himself with a hit to the back of the head. Sundae drops the fist fill of Meseta coins, which helped make his punch deliver harder impact.

"Ha ha ha ha. Stupid girl. Even with my heavy fist, her head is as hard as a jawbreaker from the Griff system (petrified rock planet). No matter. See, Your Majesty, working men like me have no future. I've slaved making candy and chocolate for every major universe, and what did it get me? Isn't it ironic, little Princess? The Orlarks gave up their craft, and now I, the only Orlark foolish enough to continue that craft in this prison, have decided to call it quits. It's called being smart with finances, you spoiled brat. If I sabotage my own factory, I can sell this dump to some jerk from another world, and live better than you. I've lived for the happiness of others, Your Majesty. And now? Heh, I want my happiness! A work free happiness. Ha Ha Ha Ha! Now, Princess, it's time to go away, and forget all that you saw..."

----------

"So you're telling me I have to wear THAT?!" Ryuko commented with great annoyance.

The team of Kazama's dress assistants, designers, coordinators and other "Yes" People all nodded at once. One of them, a beautiful woman in her mid 20s, and clearly someone from Earth ( "Thank baby Jesus" Ryuko thought), holding both her iced caramel macchiato in one hand, and a fancy futuristic tablet in the other, came forward to commence the gushing torture.

"You will be the belle of the millennium, Ryuko! THIS is the latest number from BABY DOLL. Mr. Kazama would very much like to see you in it, and so would everyone in Pioneer II."

"I'M 101 DALMATIANS PERCENT COMPLETELY OKAY WITH THIS!" exclaimed Mako, and she rubbed her small hands all over Ryuko's dress. "So soft! So frilly! So Ryuko-chan!"

This irked Ryuko, but considering her blood pressure was skyrocketing by this point, she figured it wasn't worth busting more blood vessels.

"Whatever, let's get this over with. HEY, TOUCH SCREEN CLIPBOARD CHICK!!! HOW MUCH TIME DO I HAVE TO GET READY?! THAT THING LOOKS LIKE A GLOVE, EVEN FOR ME!"

Mai-X-Project Act II - Redemption of the Gods - Episode XVII: Eternal Anxiety Ryuko-10

Senketsu had to get a word in there. "Oh, come on! It's not like you're not used to getting jammed into fabrics by now. You shame the memory of old timey women of the old century Earth."

Mai-X-Project Act II - Redemption of the Gods - Episode XVII: Eternal Anxiety Ryuko-11

"YOU SHUT UP! THERE'S A HUUUUGE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN GETTING INTO YOU FOR COMBAT, AND GETTING INTO SOME TOUCHY FEELY PRINCESS CRAP FOR SOME PERVERT'S ENTERTAINMENT! IF IT WEREN'T TO KEEP OUR IMAGE CLEAN FOR THIS SPACE BALL, I WOULD TEAR SOME ASS!"

Ryuko marches toward the nearest window and points up to the heavens where the Top Level resides. "WHEN IT'S MY TURN TO ENTER THAT VALHALLA CHAMBER, I'M TAKING ALL MY ANGER OUT ON ARIKA'S STUPID PUPPETS! MARK MY WORDS!!!"

HALLELUJAH!
 Mai-X-Project Act II - Redemption of the Gods - Episode XVII: Eternal Anxiety Fd33e1b6f570e9b2e5b6968b117899219e0e8f7e_hq

"Ryuko-chan! You must not lose your red streaked head now! This is your golden opportunity! To show the multiverse how cute you can be! For cuteness is the ultimate intimidation factor! You are so cute, Galaxia herself will drop dead from your cuteness ALONE..."

"Wouldn't that be nice..." Ryuko thought to herself.

"..SO DON'T GIVE UP! Ryuko-chan is Ryuko-chan! Cuteness is the newest weapon of the women's revolution!"

Senketsu sweatdrops. "Ryuko, remember, you are one of the many symbols of hope for this planet. I know, I know, it's a ridiculous task, but think of the people. Not so much the old man. Besides, I have a plan that may benefit us all."

"What's that, Senkentsu? You've got a cyanide pill in there for me?"

"No, smart ass. What if we can alter that dress for you. Just enough to satisfy you, and that old man."

Ryuko thought about it for a second, but decided to wave it off. "No. What if Kazama, the pudgy-midget-moron gets a hissy fit over it?"

"There are fashion industries back in our universe that green lit last minute alterations. So long as it ends up as an improvement of the original concept. You may want to ask that Janet A.I.

The swordswoman's eyes lit up, "Not a bad idea! HEY, JANET!"

Mai-X-Project Act II - Redemption of the Gods - Episode XVII: Eternal Anxiety 1x06-j11
"Hi! I'm Janet!"

"I KNOW YOU'RE-nevermindfuckit-SO! I need to ask you something, since you seem to know everything..."

"Everything about Pioneer II, the Multiverse, your world and more! I can even tell you when the first Condom was made."

"Charming. No, my question concerns this fashion show I'm about to do. Is it allowed to alter my dress?"

"As long as it doesn't stray too far from the original design, you can alter the dress yourself. Unfortunately, your team of designers are preparing for your debut in 5 minutes. You have little to no time to save yourself from humiliation. Have a nice day!"

Before Janet disappeared, she gave a small wink to Senketsu.

"WHAT THE HELL?! Wait!" Ryuko looks down. "Senketsu!"

"You got it."

Minutes later, we pan over to a giant outdoor concert hall where 130,000 screaming fans, media and fashion critics were jam packed to the non-existent rafters. The lesser fashionistas screamed their heads off as each girl came out one by one. Decked out in Lolita style, wedding style and infant style. There, in the front row, Mr. Kazama in all his slouching glory was enjoying every second.

"OOO! OOO! YOU! AND YOU! JUST MARVELOUS! Call me, little Jenny! Nobody looks sweeter in teal than you, my honey bunny! HA HA!"

Once the last girl finished strutting her underage body, a familiar host came out to announce the unveiling of the final, most hyped model.

Current BGM:

"AND NOW, HERE'S YOUR HOST ONCE AGAIN: CEASAR FLICKERMAAAAAAANNNNN!!!!"

Ceasar Flickerman looking as sharp, and colorful as ever, struts in with style and profile. Waving his arms towards the adoring crowd, laughing about in his famous "Haw! Haw!" trademark.

Mai-X-Project Act II - Redemption of the Gods - Episode XVII: Eternal Anxiety X0910

"Thank YOU! Thank you! Welcome! Welcome! Welcome! Welcome to the 2nd annual Baby Doll's Baby The Star Shine Bright Fashion Walk! Haw! Haw! Haw! Tonight...we unveil Mr. Kazama's greatest masterpiece yet! Like all our models, she comes from a distant universe not of our own. But what makes this one more unique than anyone else...other than catching the eye of our esteemed Chairman of the Board, Mr. Kazama."

Kazama whistled his approval, "your salary is going way up after tonight, Flickerman!"

"I'll bet it will! Haw! Haw! Haw! Now, the biggest reason this model is unique, is because she is one of the Heroes who have come to save...us...all...from the oppressors occupying each of the worlds through Valhalla. I have seen heroes like her before, most recently in fact in my own universe. But unlike the troublemaker I knew back home, THIS hero brings authenticity and honor to Pioneer II!"

Someone in the audience, "WHAT ABOUT JOHANNA MASON!?"

Caesar bit his lip, and lowered his head in shame, "Yeah...what about Johanna Mason...ANYWAY, LADIES AND GENTLEMAN! MAY I PRESENT TO YOU, THE EPITOME OF CUTENESS IN THE ENTIRE MULTIVERSE: RYUKO MATOIIIII!"

Mai-X-Project Act II - Redemption of the Gods - Episode XVII: Eternal Anxiety 22f10

Ryuko stepped out in dramatic fashion, all cameras focusing closely on her. What Kazama, and the entire crowd in attendance, and television audience saw at that moment was not what was expected.  Through the legal loophole, Senketsu had absorbed Kazama's frilly dress, and turned it into something Ryuko finds acceptable. Ryuko waved at the crowd, and then looked down at Senketsu, "Thanks, buddy. This is more like it."

"Anytime, Ryuko. Promise you'll iron me later as a reward."

"Now who's the pervert?" teased Ryuko, as she continue to wave at the adoring crowd of thousands. She hated to admit it, but this didn't turn out so bad! Even Ceasar can be seen clapping like a train seal. The only person who wasn't visibly content was not-so-jolly ol' Kazama.

"WHAT ON EARTH IN THIS?! I DIDN'T TELL YOU MORONS TO ALTER HER ALREADY PERFECT DRESS! THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!"

The Yes assistants all shook their heads, and responded in unison. "But the contract clause article 26 clearly states that your dresses can be modified as long as they look similar to the original. And seeing how Miss Matoi used your original dress for this modification..."

"NO! NO! NO! I DON'T CARE WHAT THE CONTRACT SAYS!!!! I'M FIRING THAT GIRL RIGHT NOW!"

Mako comes up from behind Kazama, "you fire Ryuko-chan, you're going to have to deal with me!"

Mai-X-Project Act II - Redemption of the Gods - Episode XVII: Eternal Anxiety 14589910

Kazama looked like a bloated red balloon by this point, "You stupid little girl! If your friend had worn my design, I'd be the talk of the multiverse! That....THAT....MESS! THAT IS NOT CUTE FASHION! How am I supposed to fantasize properly about this young woman in DARK colors?! Now back away, or else..."Suddenly, Kazama finds himself upside down. His suspenders hanging off Ryuko's Scissor Blade.

"Or else what, fat man?"

Kazama coward in fear of Ryuko's intense glare, "Eiyahhhh!!! I'm sorry! I'll do anything you want!"

Ryuko smiles. "Let me enjoy my time in the spotlight. It's not the nightmare from Hell I thought it would be. But once it's over, leave me the hell alone."

Mako pops in, and somehow finds herself clinging to Kazama's head. "Hear the crowd! Hear that love! Ryuko-chan's one time appearance gave you all the publicity you needed! WE ALL WIN! SO MUCH WIN!"

"ALRIGHT!" cried Mr. Kazama. "I'll happily let you tear your own contract up!"

Caeser Flickerman thought nothing of the scene, and continued to sell the moment. "DON'T YOU JUST LOVE THE BOND BETWEEN THE C.E.O. AND HIS TOP MODEL?! THAT'S WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT, FOLKS! HAW! HAW! HAW!"

"For the record, Ryuko."

"Yeah, Senketsu?"

"You make a beautiful bride. Someday, you'll make some lucky individual really happy."

Ryuko reluctantly blushes. "Thank you, my friend."

----------

"Multipass work everywhere. Work! Work!"

"Fuck, man. I don't care for your Rihanna impression. Just give me the damn "MOOL-TEE" pass before I go wacko on all of you."

Alice snatches the key card from Leelo. As she swipes it, we see that the trip have arrived at a small compound with tight defenses. How did one single undead manages to escape all this?

"Question of the goddamn year. Now if only we can penetrate their defenses without causing a stir. Pioneer II is dead against violence, so if we're caught, we're fucked."

As the battle hardened woman examines the area closely, she starts to feel kicking against her buttocks.

"Alice?" Shane kicks harder. "Alice!"

"The fuck are you going, you shaggy shit?"

"Nuttin'. Just wanted to know if I can bum any smokes, and perhaps some movement? This place makes me nervous."

Alice sarcastically smiles at the manly woman. "You don't look nervous. Maybe my orange hair dyed clone can teach you a thing or two."

"I wish. She's fucking hot."

"And I'm not hot?"

"You're trying to LAY LOWWWW. You're killing my buzz with this mission shit."

"Listen, you stupid little shit. You may be one of the Heroes, but you and your bad posture come hew-hawing in here like a jackass. You have immunity. I don't.  So shut the fuck up and help."

Mai-X-Project Act II - Redemption of the Gods - Episode XVII: Eternal Anxiety Ccac8d10
"Fuck! Fuck! Fuck!"

"No, Leelo. Not until we're done here," replied Alice angrily. And I have a running bath faucet fuck waiting for me at home, so no thanks."

Shane's eyes widened, then smiled with great interest for Alice.

"What now, Shane?"

Mai-X-Project Act II - Redemption of the Gods - Episode XVII: Eternal Anxiety Tumblr10

"You drive me FUCKING crazy~"

"Wait!" cried Alice. Look. One of the guards left the shutters open. It's under the cover of darkness now, so let's get in while we still can.

Shane nodded. "Right'. Let's rock this bitch! Leelo? Get your skinny ass moving!"

Alice chuckles under her breath. "Look who's talking. You're a MOP with it's head dipped in tar."

--------

My-Hime OST Vol. 1 08 Yasashisa no Guuwa

"Why are you worried?" questioned Natsuki with heavy concern for her best friend. "First off, you have mastered the bond between HiME and CHILD. Secondly, I haven't known this Hikari as long as you have, but he seems capable and determined."

"He is. I'm not. So many emotions hold me back, Natsuki. You know better than anyone," frowned Mai. "Arika is right when she said I was my own worst enemy."

"If you place yourself over Arika as the biggest threat, then that does speak volumes. You can't lose yourself, Mai. If it weren't for you, none of us would even be here."

"That's what I thought you'd say," Mai snickered, "it's just that..."

FLASHBACK TO MAI-HIME EPISODE 24

Mai-X-Project Act II - Redemption of the Gods - Episode XVII: Eternal Anxiety Vlcs4054_800x600

"That's the kind of person I am, you see. I've been fighting everyone...taking away the people who mean the most to them!"

FLASHBACK ENDS

"...am I really that pigheaded, Natsuki? Was it always my way, or the highway?"

Natsuki and Duran looked at one another, and nodded in agreement. "Yes, actually. Death, and chance stole your brother, and our friends. But rather than become a victim, you've done everything possible to control the fates. Mai Tokiha is the symbol, an effort to save humanity. To control death itself."

Memories of Takumi as a child start flooding Mai's mind.

Mai-X-Project Act II - Redemption of the Gods - Episode XVII: Eternal Anxiety Vlcs4012_800x600

"If I cannot even accomplish that, what is left to do?"

"Nothing. We will die peacefully knowing we did the right thing. That is something Arika, even with her great power, can never take away from us. Then you have E.M.P.R.E.S.S."

"I will ascend, Natsuki."

Mai-X-Project Act II - Redemption of the Gods - Episode XVII: Eternal Anxiety PDVD_090

"We all will. I guarantee that. Midori's looking into it as we speak."
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:16 pm

THE FOLLOWING DAY

Current BGM: The Messenger - Soundtrack - 21 Rex Coronatur

"I can't. I can't. I can't. I've done everything I could for this world, and now all I want is to be normal."

"Why is that?"

"Because I can't take it."

"You can't...take it?"

"Yes."

"Oh, Mai. You've taken it over and over. The results are there, and they keep coming back because you seem to take pleasure in saving the world. A world that is irrelevant to what is happening now."

"What is happening now?!"

"All caused by you. Did your friend Natsuki not tell you to leave the land of Fuuka?"

"It couldn't be helped."

"Ah, yes. It couldn't be helped. Your unlimited excuse making is irrational, Mai. If you had left Fuka Academy alone, you could have saved billions."

"Coming from you? You started the Carnival."

"But I didn't finish it. Everything comes in patterns, Mai. First, there was Alyssa. Then me. Then Arika. Now...you're dealing with Arika again, but nothing like she was before. All because of you. You should have become my bride, so that the continuous loop of domination under me remained everlasting. Instead, you made way for a bigger, much stronger threat that you yourself cannot control!"

"STOP!!!!!!!!! I'M NOT GOING TO HEAR THIS!!!!!!!!!!"

"You are solid proof that guilt is an even greater punishment for people like you. The so-called "Good". Your actions have come with a price, Mai. I need you, to own up to them."

"No. It wasn't my fault. It wasn't my fault. I did what I needed to do. I did what I needed to do."

"Sis..."

"Takumi?!"

"Akira was a month away from delivering our baby. Why didn't you make sure Arika was dead, so that we could have our family. As usual, people die because of us. Mother, myself, dad, Akira...our friends...why do you do this? I wonder."

"I DIDN'T KNOW! TAKUMI....TAKUMI!!!!!!!!!"
~~~~~~~~~~

Mai awakens violently from her sleep, attempting to catch her breath. She gets out of bed, and rushes to the bathroom sink to wash the large amounts of sweat off her face. Lifting her head to face her reflection in the mirror, Mai's breathing starts to slow down. She feels the person looking back at her is lost. This was not the first time these hurtful dreams occurred. Ever since the Carnival incident ended, Mai has been receiving violent nightmares of all sorts. They only became stronger as the years went by, and there's no signs of stopping. Was this in fact guilt, she would often question. Guilt for what? It's a fact that Mai saved her world on three different occasions, and yet there seems to be no sign of peace within herself.

Meanwhile...

Over in New York Town, Hikari, already dressed in his trademark attire, meditates by the balcony. The HiME high rise building isn't far off, so he takes the time to sense how Mai is feeling prior to her training.

"Such hurt. Her conscience is devouring her well being. It's no wonder Mai doesn't believe in herself as strongly as she does others. She is her own worst enemy, even now. With no hope of peace...but she mustn't give up trying."

"Did you say something, Mr. Tsunami?"

"Oh, nothing at all," Hikari replied, as he kip ups back into standing position. "You were standing at my doorway for approximately 34 minutes and 46 seconds, Hives. No need to be shy."

"My apologies, Sir! You just looked so focused! I only came to tell you that Dita Mirkov is awaiting your presence downstairs in the main lobby. She just completed her morning news coverage, and now would like a word with you."

"Funny..."

FLASHBACK TO 2 HOURS EARLIER

"I've got to do the news coverage covering...well....just about everything. The Galaxy Network isn't paying me by the hour!"

"You're a salary woman, Miss Mirkov. Let's not play pretend here~" spoke Hikari in a sly tone.

Dita giggled playfully. "You were amazing last night. How...about...a quick hummer...to help you relax?"

"Tempting. Just not right now, Miss Mirkov..."

"Call me, Dita."

"Miss Mirkov sounds sexier. Just because I have powers and abilities, doesn't mean I don't want you being in charge. My preferred title for you feels authoritative."

"You sure know what you like, Hikari. I love that in men."

"There's something else I'd like, too."

"Name it."

"Promise you won't cover the stories on what happens to our friends in calculated, glossy fashion."

Dita scoffs at the idea while slipping her high heels on forcefully. "Don't ask me to do that, Hikari. For crying out-this is the media business! It's no different from your time, or my own. I love all of you, you're all risking your lives out there. But people need to see their efforts in glamorized fashion, otherwise we lose viewers and sympathy for the cause. You're all painted as colorful heroes, not lost travelers that are suffering."

"There should be no gloss over what we're doing. These people, aliens, creatures and mystical beings that inhabit this space station SHOULD see what's behind the glass."

"I have to go, Hikari. I'm sorry."

"I don't need you to be sorry, Miss Mirkov. We need you to help present our cause properly."

FLASHBACK ENDS

"I'll be seeing her now."

The seemingly endless elevator ride from Hikari's suite to the lobby was admittedly fun. "Smooth, noiseless and actually plays hit songs from my time instead of mellow piano playing. What service, Hives! Keep the change!"

Mai-X-Project Act II - Redemption of the Gods - Episode XVII: Eternal Anxiety 529f5a10

"What am I supposed to do with this?!"

Across from the luxurious and spacious lobby was Dita finishing up an interview with scattered press.

Mai-X-Project Act II - Redemption of the Gods - Episode XVII: Eternal Anxiety Vlcsna93

"And I assure you all that the Heroes are in fine condition. Soon they will capture these universes, and bring justice and freedom to all. Stay tuned tonight for an exclusive interview with Heroes Ryuko Matoi and Mako Mankanshoku in the wake of their successful modeling show. This is the Galaxy Network's Starship Channel, and Dita Mirkov...signing off!"

The Russian woman hears sarcastic clapping hands from behind her. "Uh, Jean and Teebot, why don't you take the equipment over to the third cathedral and cover the new virtual museum of old technology that's being built. I'll catch up soon."

"Nice job, Miss Mirkov."

"Hikari, I wanted to finish our talk. Look, I'm really sorry. I don't mean to make light of Mai Tokiha's cause. Until the time is right, I cannot pull down the curtain. Believe me, I am not your enemy."

"I know that, Miss Mirkov."

"You do?"

"Yes. While you have created a media sensation around us, and the deaths of our companions and everyone who cried out for our help in that Multiverse maze of Hell, there's a chance to redeem yourself. You're just doing your job, but in time, you will awaken to your true priorities lie."

"Time wil tell, I suppose," shrugged Dita, while giving Hikari a playful wink.

"Thank you, Miss Mirkov. See you tonight."

"Come to my suite. The view is the finest in all of Pioneer II!" exclaimed Dita, as she blew a kiss to the masked man.

Hikari half smirked, and left quietly.

Current BGM: Pioneer II theme from Phantasy Star Online

"Ah, Pioneer II. Love this place."

As Hikari made his way to the nearest transporter that will take him to the top level, one located near the edge of the city later (that's a long way down...), he sees a small, but strangely hesitant mob of people coming toward him; being led by two women who seem to resemble...

"HOLD IT RIGHT THERE, HIKARI TSUNAMI! YOU ABSOLUTE DISGRACE TO OUR NATION!"

Hikari's eyes widened with a bit of a surprised. "Kellyanne Conway and Tomi Lahren?"

Tomi was the first to bat, "BECAUSE OF YOU AND YOUR TWO VIGILANTE FRIENDS, THE LEFTISTS HAVE TAKEN CONTROL OF OUR COUNTRY!"

Then the worn Conway, "NO WEAPONS. CRIMINALS ARE TOO SCARED TO KILL, PUTTING THE POLICE FORCE INTO EXTINCTION, OUR SUPPORTERS UNABLE TO GET A SAY IN ANYTHING AND THE BALLS OF CORRUPT POLITICIANS HAVE DROPPED EVER SINCE YOU MURDERED MADAM PRESIDENT XENAKIS* (reference to the events of KnightZ of the Moonlight: The Legend of Versailles)! GIVE US BACK OUR 2ND AMENDMENT! GIVE US BACK OUR AMERICA!!!"

Mai-X-Project Act II - Redemption of the Gods - Episode XVII: Eternal Anxiety Hikari10

Hikari sharpened his gaze, which causes the mob and it's two loud leaders to freeze in place. "As I've told your government, we did not kill President Xenakis. She deserved her fate for placing her soiled hands on the history of France. And I'll repeat myself for the final time: We, the KnightZ...and that's funny you mention that...for it was the police, the press and news stations all over the world who coined the title "KnightZ", we've never encouraged, or claimed that. We only embraced it after a while because, as you must understand by now, we do not represent any country on Earth. We are freelance knights, making sure the planet is safe from threats bigger than you domestic terrorists, and politicians. President Xenakis was the biggest Right-wing extreme in the history of Earth, and our grandest enemy due to her unprecedented intellect that challenged us. Unlike the rest of our previous enemies, she was merely human, which was impressive. However, it wasn't her beliefs that made her strong. She was tainted by people like you, and I didn't know this until after her death. As a result, everything and everyone has naturally turned against you. Right and wrong? You were the wrong the whole time, and I'm happy that the people finally see it. Except the 5 or 6 lost souls following behind you who are probably unaware of the truth, that President Xenakis' last act was to launch all nuclear weapons on the world just to get us. She could care less if you, her gracious supporters, were caught in the crossfire. All she wanted was her magic French sword."

There was silence among the crowd, with only Tomi and Kellyanne grinding their teeth in frustrations.

"Now leave me be, I have greater matters to attend."

The small mob moves away slowly, and mutter in disappointment over what has just revealed.

"LIES!" cried out Tomi.

"DEATH TO THE KNIGHTZ!!! WE SHALL REALIZE PRESIDENT XENAKIS'S DREAM AND-"

Suddenly, both women were shoved over the edge by the mob! Hikari walked over to see the two women fall to their deaths without so much as a peep. Dita was right about needing the transporter to get around Pioneer II, otherwise the molecules in your body break apart completely until you're no more.

One of the mob, a human male fell to his knees in tears, while his wife came to comfort him. "I can't believe we did that. Do you think they're dead, Hikari Tsunami?"

"Oh, they'll be back on their feet in no time. Most likely Tweet about how it'll take more than that to destroy conservative rights. Hashtag Liberal Losers."

Hikari was kidding of course, but in this small space was what he never thought would happen. The official end of one of Earth's political matters.

"Listen. Go back to your families. I won't share what happened here. Rebuild and cooperate with the good people of our world. Start over. Remember, you come from ,potentially, the greatest country in the world. This time, prove it."

As they all nodded in agreement, Mai emerged from the crowd.

Mai-X-Project Act II - Redemption of the Gods - Episode XVII: Eternal Anxiety Vlcs1910

"Hikari?"

"Tokiha?"

"Tell me something, the magic French sword. Is that..."

Hikari smiled at the irony. "Remember when I told you that I've met Oscar before. Well, the Oscar who joined us won't meet me for another 230 years. Her sword gained magical properties after her eventual death at the Storming of the Bastille in 1789. Her love for her beloved Andre, her heroics in the battle and the friendship with Queen Antoinette. It had great power, and one of my old enemies wanted it. Yes, I've seen Oscar before. I'll never forget her warm smile when Shin handed her the Rapier, and when she reunited with Andre and Marie in heaven. It was one of our greatest adventures, Mai."

Mai was amazed by the story. What kind of life did her soon-to-be teacher live?

"I've always pictured you as some kind of treasure hunter," remarked Mai in a matter-of-fact manner. "What gets my head lost in the shuffle is how you became...what you are."

Hikari smiled, and signaled towards the transporter. "Come on, Tokiha. Let's breakaway from the good people of this floating lifeboat, and answer some of your questions."

Mai nodded, and proceeded towards the transporter. The HiME took a moment to really admire these transporters. Ever since her arrival, she took notice of their beauty. Like a glowing spark that lights up the heavens, one with enough power to de-materialize and re-materialize giant passengers like Kagutsuchi and Summanus. Mai's wild thoughts then traveled to her dreams earlier, which caused her to abruptly pause before entry. Hikari took notice before walking into the transportation energy.

"You alright?" questioned the concerned Knight.

Mai acted quick by nodding convincingly. "Yes! Just thinking how beautiful the technology is here."

"If you think that's impressive, you should see their ramen shops. When the Cat Goddess returns, she'll be eager to taste forty six thousand styles of ramen from the various universes represented here."

Mai had a good laugh from that one. She remembered how expensive it was to feed Mikoto as she grew older. "It's a good thing we have unlimited Meseta here! When she returns, I'll gather enough recipes from these worlds to make her, and everyone something amazing!"

Meanwhile.

"Dr. Medusa, we're preparing the data you've requested."

Mai-X-Project Act II - Redemption of the Gods - Episode XVII: Eternal Anxiety 3752e210

"I'll transfer it all to our central network. You can be sure that I'll produce the desired results. My only concern now is the magma readings in the Northwest isle. Have you seen these numbers, gentlemen and ladies? We cannot have numbers like these when the sanctuary is so close to our main populated city. Go back, and grab samples from the nest of the core guardian to confirm the true source. I cannot be wasting my time on minor expeditions when I have more pressing matters concerning the treatment, and training of our Heroes.  Remember, different materials burn at different temperatures, pressures and oxygen concentrations. Proceed carefully."

"With all due respect, Dr. Medusa, taking samples from the guardian's nest, who I shall respectfully remind you, is in dormant sleep, is a task for the grunts of the Gurhal Star system."

"So...you want grunts to do the work of thinkers? Mind blowing. Why didn't I think of that? Perhaps the roles have reversed here."

"You don't need to be sarcastic, Doctor."

Dr. Medusa forms a tight grin and chuckles away at the expense of the research team. As the research team leaves the Training Center, Mai and Hikari can be seen walking in together.

"Good morning, Mai Tokiha. Mr. Tsunami. You both look rested."

"Rested enough, Doctor," replied Hikari as he checks Medusa's curves closely.  "Some things can't be hidden with a lab coat."

"Charming, Mr. Tsunami."

"NOT REALLY!" screamed Mai as she whacks Hikari with a mallet. >:3

After the Knight recovers, he puts on his serious demeanor.

"Actually, I'd like to start Mai Tokiha with her training. It won't be long until the others return, and it'll be our turn to test our abilities against these villains."

"Realistically speaking, we don't have much time," spoke Mai.

"Smart girl. You're right, the best time to start is now," replied Dr. Medusa as she shoves her hands into her pockets. "You may enter the Multidimensional Chamber."

Mai nodded, and along with Hikari and Dr. Medusa, proceeded to walk down the endless metallic hallway towards the Chamber. Hikari, Gabrielle and Rezetta were here before to test the waters of the Center. Being Mai's first time, she was already feeling a bit nervous. All she heard was that Hikari, Gabrielle and Rezetta were defeated in their training sequence.

"So about yesterday when you three got your butts kicked..." Mai interjected in a playful tone.

"Yes, Mr. Tsunami, what about that?" chimed in Dr. Medusa.

Hikari laughed it off. "Was my explanation of how we lost not enough, Doc? Just a miscalculation, ladies.  Most of it was simple enough, but I'll never forget the abilities of the woman with the firearm on her heels."

Mai was confused by such a wild description. "She had guns on her feet? How does that even work?!"

"Perhaps you both will discover the answers, and more. Welcome to the Multidimensional Chamber.  The size of an American football field from Earth, but boundless once activated. No matter where you're transported, you are actually there. No illusions. It's all as real as you and I. The perfect simulation in the Multiverse. So perfect in fact, that you can die. So, please, we wouldn't want to lose you before you get the chance to save your actual worlds. You may request conditions including weather, temperature, enemy spawn and the list goes on. We contain every recorded universe, thanks to President Arika. Any and all universes you seek are available for use. The only thing you will not have access to is the population of each universe. Total. Isolation. The exception being your fellow Heroes."

Mai steps forward, "Thank you, Dr. Medusa. I am ready."

"Not yet," countered the masked man. "Doc, send us to one of the most isolated planets in your virtual database. As a bonus favor, could you add a special extract to the magic field that surrounds the chamber?"

"Interested. What would you like?"

"All sound cannot be heard from the outside. In case our enemies are among us, with sensitive hearing."

The doctor half smiles. "Consider your first training exercise ready and private to your liking."

Mai and Hikari enter the large white chamber, both making their way to the center sphere insignia. Mai examined the insignia, and already manifested internal question concerning it's origin.

Mai-X-Project Act II - Redemption of the Gods - Episode XVII: Eternal Anxiety Il_ful10

"Hey, Tokiha. Before Medusa activates this room, I want you to give me your promise."

Mai shook her head, and kept her focus on Hikari. "YES! What is it?"

Hikari's deep azure eyes locked onto Mai's violent gems in an attempt to create a sacred pact between Heroes with a common goal to not only save all that is, but to become the best versions of themselves. Everyone wins this way.

"No matter what I teach you, or how I intend to do so, you will trust me the whole way. In return, you will have the ability, experience and respect to defeat the opposite. That is my promise to you."

Mai didn't waste any time accepting these terms. "Yes, I trust you."

"Are you both ready?" chimed in Medusa on the intercom.

"YES!" replied both heroes, as the beautiful doctor took control of the room. Transporting both Mai and Hikari through time and space, both boundless; infinite sources. Mai was captivated by the shift being caused around here. Large white walls melted into a vast landscape where the moon was visible, and heaven seemed to almost be within touch. The masked man thought this chosen location looked a bit familiar, but unfrequented enough to make it the perfect training space.

Current BGM: Moon - Yoko Kanno

Mai-X-Project Act II - Redemption of the Gods - Episode XVII: Eternal Anxiety Blueal10

"Incredible!" exclaimed Mai.

"Not bad at all, huh Tokiha? For a room that is roughly 120 yards long and 54 yards wide.  It feels much larger than that. This is the technology of Pioneer II."

Mai then activates her Element and flies off in the distance towards the abandoned castle. At her speed, and amount of fly time, surely she should be smacking into a wall by now.

"IT'S AMAZING! I'm way past 120 yards, and yet I'm not restricted. I could fly to the moon of this universe, or even a distance planet. Doctor Medusa deserves an award for such an achievement!"

"True, it does make you count your blessings that Doctor Medusa is a genius. Then again, the technology probably does comes from Arika herself."

"I wish!" sounded Dr. Medusa on the intercom. "Happy to see you two have made it."

"IT'S INCREDIBLE, DOCTOR! I've never seen anything like it before...by human hands, anyway."

"Ah, yes! Of course Mr. Tsunami would doubt my nicely funded project. President Arika funded us, to be exact. But this consruct was put together by me. Compared to my old life where magic spells and curses were the norm, this great technology became my new passion."

Hikari shrugs, "I have to say, you have outdone yourself, Doc."

"The wonders of science and magic. One without the other is why you humans could never advance..no offense, Miss Tokiha."

As Mai remained there floating, she takes a close look at her Element, "my powers are ancient and of a technology beyond understanding. The HiME realized this the second our CHILDs were summoned, to the day we survived the first Carnival. I'm accepting of this. It's the consequences of having this powers that's...well...so much different."

"I'll leave you both to your business. Your sound proof environment is activated. To turn off training sequences entirely, speak these words: "Nake Snake, Cobra, Cobra."

Hikari nods, "You got it, Doc."

ACTIVATION OF SOUND PROOF MODE CONFIRMED

As Mai continues to admire the beautiful, probably once rural planet, Hikari appears by her side.

"How's the temperature for you, Tokiha?"

"It's funny...I should be freezing, but I'm not. My Element keeps me in check."

"This planet is a bit cool, however not that much different from Earth during chilly winter nights. Normal gravity...too normal for my taste. No life as expected. I can't think of a better place to train you."

"I'm ready, Hikari. Tell me, what must I possess in order to defeat our enemies. All of whom are just Arika's puppets, yes...but...I refuse to believe they came of their own free will. If they did, however, I must find the secrets to beating them. Tell me, what do I need to do?"

Hikari breaks out in laughter.

"HEY! What's so funny about my question?!"

"Hoooo-ha-ha! Sorry, Tokiha! You just remind me of myself. To tell you the truth..."

"Yes?"

"...."

"Yes?!"

"...you have all that you need."

"WHAT?!"

"I'm serious, Tokiha. Your Element, Kagutsuchi, your strong heart. You didn't think I needed to change everything that made you what you are. Let me explain, okay? You are a HiME, Mai. I would be a disservice if I took that away from you. Whether I trained you, Ryuko, or even pretty boy Shane, the goal is not taking away your natural gifts. In a literal sense, you have all the tools necessary. I'm not here to take away your powers and abilities. I'm here to bring out their full potential through my biggest secret."

Mai nodded as Hikari went along, trying to let this all process.

"You often asked me during our travels as to why I'm so strong.  Hard work, training, experience are all the standard, yes. Only I was able to greater increase my efforts through the most effective method every taught to me. The once most taboo ability from my universe: Energy absorbtion.  It all started with my partner, Rain. Rain, unlike her step-brother Shin and I, was human. Born on Earth, no alien DNA, nothing. However, she was born with the power to literally take in energy from all living matter through body prayer. It didn't just stop with energy around her, she could also draw energy from beyond our planet. Stars, distant planets, passing meteors and even the sun. This new form of training was brand new to me. To be able to increase your fighting power was just the beginning. Rain taught me new ways to utitlize energy absorption, to open spirtual energy doorways so that it can do more than raise attack power. It can raise sight. Speed. Soon with the development of enemy counters: Magic. Ectoplasm. I was able to slay demon curses that couldn't be destroyed otherwise. Rain had opened new doors from that point on. Through her, I have learned to become immune to magic, death curses and bindings. Then came the first of these advantages COATING."

"Coating?" questioned Mai with great interest.

"I thought, if I can take what Rain did, and mold collected energy to enhance our defense. I've absorbed so much from a traveling star twice the size of the sun, and "coated" my body with all of it's properties. The result? Survived the wrath of God. I'll tell you, though, Arika hits harder. As did the Shadow HiME known as Fumi."

Mai covered her mouth with her hands in surprise, "So when you turned down the offer to have armor crafted for you..."

"I didn't need it. COATING is natural energy built from the energy of life itself, psyhical or astral plane, your enemies and...even friends."

The HiME was prepared to jump to conclusions, "Wait, so you..."

"Rifts have opened up, Tokiha. We've encountered countless monsters, spirits, aliens, creatures, mystical beasts and even Arika's crew during our last encounter in the skeleton city. And so, as a result of that, I have used the resulting residual magic, aether, energy, life-force, ki to my advantage. To mutate myself from within to become stronger. But don't you think for one second that this means abandoning training exercise, Tokiha. Energy absorption, and Coating are increased through smarts, practice and never underestimating your opponent. You know, the common sense for good guys 101 stuff."

Mai-X-Project Act II - Redemption of the Gods - Episode XVII: Eternal Anxiety Vlcs2200

"Tell me the truth. Have you taken energy from us?"

"Yes, I have. None of you knew because it wasn't much. Although continuous energy absorption may kill the target, only a bit will trigger nothing more than tiredness. When I took energy the one known as "Satsuki", I noticed her yawn during her fight with Ryuko. Side effect of this technique.

"Why couldn't you drain away Arika's energy? Or Galaxia's?"

"I cannot use on Galaxia what she already knows herself. Her coating is much stronger than mine, due to her awareness of galaxies beyond my own. Without even leaving the area, she was able to summon enough energy into her body. I'm not certain, but some of that energy were the souls of the dead during our encounter with the machines. She taps into her absorption faster, and better than I could ever pull off. For now, anyway. As for Arika...really?"

Mai-X-Project Act II - Redemption of the Gods - Episode XVII: Eternal Anxiety Vlcs4410

"Right. Sorry...that was a dumb question on my part. Did you at least try?"

"Yes. She knew. No amount of coating can take a single punch from her. Think back to when we first met, Tokiha. She was the first to ever knock me out with a single hit-AFTER learning about the art of coating. I was prepared, yet I went down like a brick."

It had become clear to Mai that this ability could bring out the full potential within herself, her HIghly-Advanced Materializing Equipment and Kagutsuchi. Wait...

"Will I be able to transfer coating to Kagustuchi?"

"Yes, Tokiha. You will be able to store, and transfer your energy output to anyone. However, I only recommend this for Kagutsuchi, and in dire emergencies. Through coating, you can do basic healing, but it's more for vastly increasing your attack, defense and all senses, physical movement and established abilities you possess. The more energy you store, and dress yourself with, the more powerful you will become. Let me share one example of how this whole process works."

"Okay! What do you want me to do?"

"Get into a fighting stance."

Mai ignites her Element once again, and enters into a tight Forward Stance. Hikari shifts and steps through into a wide stance, feet shoulder apart. The back of his palm against Mai's brightly lit palm.

"First close your eyes. Think of this beautiful, somber planet. Picture it in your head to start your connection with it's spirit. Think of nothing but this planet. How it makes you feel. How it's beauty inspires you. How grateful you feel for the opportunity to practice on it's sacred ground."

BGM: The Last Crusade OST - Father's Study

"Yes..."

"Good. Inhale through nose, then breathe out. Take in everything around you. There's no life on this planet...or is there? Look beyond the isolated nature, and see what could have been. This planet's history is underneath us. Cherish, honor and respect it."

Mai-X-Project Act II - Redemption of the Gods - Episode XVII: Eternal Anxiety Vlcs2548
"I cherish, honor and respect this planet."

"For what, Tokiha?"

"For giving me the chance to practice on it's sacred ground."

"Now, can you feel it. The Gaia of this planet calls out to you. You listen by opening your heart to it's generous gift of life."

"I can see it!"

"What is it, Tokiha?"

"Life. Royalty. Children."

"Continue, Mai, and don't be afraid."

"Tragedy. Extinction. Rebirth...without life. Cold."

"What you took in was an accelerated look into this planet's history. What life is left over from it's ancient civilization. It must of been horrible for them. But I can tell you this, the souls of these people have returned to this planet. You have found them, Tokiha..."

In that moment, Mai felt stronger, lighter and less afraid than before. Was this the power of the planet? Was this the power she took in for herself?"

"...what do I do now?"

"Open your eyes."

Mai slowly opens both eyes, and sees Hikari smiling back at her.

"You have harvested a small amount of energy. Only those with a truly good heart can accomplish this on their first try. Now, to finish our practice off, you must take me down."

"WHAT?!" exclaimed Mai, as she started to feel a bit of drain.

"Hold the energy you've collected, Tokiha!"

The HiME manages to regain herself properly. "Okay!"

"Good. Square off against me, and take me down. I'll do the same with the energy I've collected. My goal is to take you out with one strike, yours is to take me down. I won't hit you, Tokiha. But when I throw a faker you couldn't counter, you will now the extent of the damage. You must take me down to pass. And...go."

Hikari and Mai sized one another up, both the backs of their palms still connected until Hikari managed to catch Mai off guard. She flinches, but continues to focus hard.

"Severe brain damage."

Hikari catches her off guard again.

"Living the rest of your life with several oxygen tanks. Try again."

The HiME once again couldn't use her energy to catch Hikari's slipped jab.

"Death. Possible damage to your astral body, which will make finding you in the afterlife difficult. Galaxia's going to have a day off with you, Tokiha."

Mai realizes she had to let go of this need to rush. What was she rushing to win for? There's nothing to win here, she thought. This was for the sake of her friends, and everyone she ever held dear to her. She owed it not only to herself, but also to the fallen souls of this blue sphere floating out in space without civilization, love and laughter. Mai heard Kagutsuchi's soft purr from within her own spirit, fused with the energy of this planet coursing through her veins. If she couldn't honor herself on behalf of the poor souls of these inhabitants, what good was she?  There, in a flash of bravery and the increased energy needed, Hikari found himself slammed into the ground. His body reaching down deep into the earth of this alien planet. Tremendous force on the part of Mai Tokiha, the HiME of Flames had done it. She vowed in that moment that she will perfect this newfound power.  As she finishes her internal promise, Hikari's incomparable speed brings him back to his victorious trainee.

"You see, Tokiha?! It isn't the size, or strength that matters. You have harnessed your natural given powers, and harassed that of ONE of the universe's natural resources from a distant past. It has made you stronger, and in time, there will be nothing you cannot bend to your will."

For the longest time, Mai thought this kind of mentality only suited the physically strong. Those built since birth for combat. Now she sees the truth behind the art of fighting. "Yes, the art of fighting" she thought, for Hikari provided her with a canvas. Her unforgiving spirit to work hard would be her brush strokes.

"Can I ask you something, Hikari?"

Hikari chuckled as he sat cross legged by the edge of the plateu. "Heh, I'm still here, Tokiha."

"Right!" replied the slightly embarrassed HiME, "were you the strongest of your team?"

Hikari shook his head. "Not the strongest, Mai. The most powerful. Shin was the wisest. Rain is the strongest, and I attributed that to her discovery of energy absorption. Our leader, Setsuna-sama, said Rain's abilities have become so polished over time, that even she came to believe in the idea of Rain being Earth's Gaia."

Mai walked over to sit alongside Hikari, allowing her legs to hang. "This planet has a Gaia, too. Or was it just the left over energy of this once great kingdom?"

"Most likely both, Tokiha.  Judging by the density of magic left behind, the people of this planet had a history that stretches twice as long as Earth's. The planet itself is a lot older than that. This is why training every day is essential until it's our turn to be thrown into the lion's den. If we survive, we come back here. If we survive our 2nd vacation, we come back again, and again, and again. We owe it to places like this, that still have their civilizations in tact."

"If we fail, everything, everywhere could be become like this," frowned Mai.

"Yes. But don't you dare shatter yourself if something goes awry, Tokiha. I can feel it, you're almost on the edge. But what you proved to me today shows you can pull yourself together and become better than the others. Including me."

"What?"

"You will be better than I am. That is also my promise to you. It's called doing the honors."

Mai blushed a bit, though naturally felt doubt about the man's promise. Not that he couldn't get her to a level beyond his own, but the fact that he would. "Should I be calling you teacher, or Master?"

"There is no such thing as a master," replied Hikari in a harsh tone. "Get that idea out of your  head. "You begin idol worshiping, and placing others on a pedestal, it'll be even more difficult to improve. You find yourself too enraptured with the individual, and hold yourself back. We are forever students, Tokiha. I'm still learning myself. Our travels have shown that there's much for me to uncover...then there's my recent loss in this very training center. I can only foresee my opponent so much until I meet someone better. Forever a Student, Tokiha. Forever a Student. The only one who can rightfully call herself the perfect specimen is your friend, Arika. But in time, Tokiha, in time...we will prove that no one. NO. ONE. Is unbeatable."

Mai threw a hard nod in Hikari's direction, which made the masked Knight smile. Mai pulls herself back up and deactivates her Element.  Hikari gets into a standing position as well.

"Where to next?!"

"You're not done for the day, Tokiha. You may have the basics down, but even with your accumulated energy, you still have much to learn. Though I must say, you've impressed me so much that I'm willing to treat you to a quick breakfast. We'll be back later."

"REALLY?! I mean, of course! Why wouldn't you treat your fellow student to a little nourishment?"

"I'm just being nice after you managed to throw me into the cold hard ground." >:3

"How did that lovely ground feel?"

>:3 "Unforgiving. This ground surface is made of a highly crystallized alien material, thank you kindly."

Mai laughs playfully. "Perhaps I can pull it off again?"

"Ha! Only if I let you!"

As the two teased and laughed away their focused nature, they placed themselves back where they started.

"You know, Tokiha, it doesn't matter where we stand. According to Dr. Medusa, we'll wind up in the room, anyway."

"I know, I just loved the view of this planet from where we came in."

"Heh. Maybe we'll come back someday. To enhance your training, we'll need variety..."

The masked man then threw his hands up into the air and shouted, "NAKE, SNAKE, COBRA, COBRA!"

The planet's surroundings, including it's beautiful azure atmosphere, dead castle and crystal snow surfaces began to fade away revealing the massive white room once more.

"Welcome back, you two," announced Dr. Medusa, "everything to your liking?"

"Swell!" shouted Hikari, "You've certainly outdone yourself, Doc. The environment wasn't some cheap illusion on the mind. It was as real as you and I."

Medusa grinned, "what did your expectations prey on, Mr. Tsunami? inputting images into your minds, and thus extracting images out of your mind to be altered? Only a low tier sorceress could ever concoct such a farce. What you two have just experienced was authentic on a grand scale."

"Dr. Medusa," said Mai Tokiha, "what was the planet you sent us to?"

"Alania," replied the Doctor, "right smack in the center of it's galaxy, with it's highly concentrated ethyl formate; after an almost infinite existence of thriving culture, magic and realms for fairies..."

"That explains a lot," chimed in Hikari. "Whether good, or bad, Fairies are often sought after for their power in storybooks and non-fictional myths. Furthermore, it's no surprise that it smelled like rum and raspberries."

"Oh, my god!" Mai shouted, "I thought I was the only one, but I didn't want to sound like an oddball."

"....right, Mr. Tsunami. Then at the height of their harvest, the mages, sorceresses and trickster people of Alania were wiped out by the cataclysmic event they themselves have created. By combining technology with magic, that very ambition had turned on them. According to my records, the technology contained heavy amount of radiation from a traveling blue sun. It was knocked into the solar system by a small big bang in the far reaches of space. Blue suns in this universe are known to extinguish fire, and those with God-given fire abilities in their DNA. Naturally,  any fire users like Mai would not only have their powers sealed, they would die instantly from the radiation. The people of Alania were a planet of fire casters who evolved to magic, and then technology. Moral? I'd say it's better to stay traditional than seek more power. Unbelievable, coming from me. Unlike the Alanians, my science will not become a double edged sword due to careful research, and a RESPECT for what I'm looking into. The Alanians deserved their fate for their stupidity, when, for the first time in their history, felt the sting of arrogance. Power corrupts."

Mai had to interject her opinion, "You're wrong, Dr. Medusa! I felt the energy of these people! Their curiosity may have backfired, but that doesn't mean they were foolish! I felt it...they were a people with no wars. No balance of good and evil. Just happiness...oh, what I wouldn't give...you have no right to damn them!"

Dr. Medusa stared down at Mai coldly, with Hikari shrugging off to the side. The scientist woman laughed, and smiled. "No harm, Mai Tokiha. You have passionate opinions. We differ here, my little optimist. Now, where should I send you both next?"

"Actually," spoke up Hikari, "we'll be taking a short break before continuing. Give us an hour and some minutes. Though, if the others show up and want their turn, then we'll be standing by."

Later on

Current BGM: Xenosaga Episode I OST #16 - Relief

"You know, Tokiha, you didn't have to go off like that."

"Geez, sorry. It's just that Dr. Medusa can be a bit cold. Why send us to Alania if she finds it's history equal to that of a man slipping on a banana peel?"

"I wouldn't say that, Tokiha. Criticizing someone, or in this case, an entire race can be healthy. There's always room for improvement. If only we were transported to the planet before the peope were wiped out."

"WAIT! Can't we do that? Dr. Medusa said any universe-ANY timeline!"

"Tokiha. It's just simulation training. As real as it felt in there, we weren't actually at Alania. Even if she had us sent to the planet's thriving era, what good would there be in telling them of their impeding deaths?"

"Right, I forgot. So the real Alania...out there..."

"I'm afraid so."

Mai thought deeply about how many voices cry out in vain for a hero who would save them. She felt even more determined to master Hikari's training. Ever since Arika sent her on this dangerous journey, the HiME felt the weight of not just her world, but the worlds of her companions.

"I know Arika wasn't responsible for Alania's destruction, but it makes me upset knowing that, in the position I've been placed, am unable to rewrite the history of these worlds. So that no harm comes to them, and the good people who dwell within them. What am I saying...it's not like I'm God. I just...sometimes...want to be..."

As Mai pondered that thought, one of the researchers from Dr. Medusa's staff came storming into the lobby area. The patients and other staff were completely shaking in their boots! "DR. MEDUSA! DR. MEDUSA! DR. MEDUSA!"

"Yes, what is it?!"

"The research team! They're...they're..."

Dr. Medusa signaled over to Mai and Hikari. The party of four entered Medusa's office to avoid further noise.

"Now, Dr. Benson. What exactly is the matter?"

"Dr. Medusa...our researchers are trapped and holding on for dear life! We went deep into the caverns of Inferno Island for soil samples as instructed. But when my wife found a rare pearl caught between a rock formation, it unleashed....him."

"Him? Oh, Benson. She didn't."

"Forgive my wife! She meant no harm!"

"You're forgiven, Benson. We just need to rectify this issue immediately. Shooting Star is the source of energy in that island, if we lose him, many people will get hurt."

"Pardon me," chimed in Mai, who couldn't help but hear that someone or something is actually powering an island. "What is Shooting Star?"

Medusa sits down and brings up the holographic data for the two to see.

Mai-X-Project Act II - Redemption of the Gods - Episode XVII: Eternal Anxiety Vlcsna92

"A red dragon, one of the five ancient dragons that had come from it's respective universe. It was brought to us by a powerful sage named Slayn. Shooting Star is the most powerful of the dragons, it protected the most powerful artifact from it's universe, the Scepter of Domination. Shooting Star resided in Inferno Island, not far from Pioneer II's 4th city. For the longest time, it acted as the island's power and elemental source."

Hikari crosses his arms, and looked on with interest. "How did this mage get such an animal to cooperate? It sounds hostile, due to the nature of it's mission back home."

"And by the sound of it, he appeared to have been slumbering peacefully while his power was extracted to maintain the island. Right, Dr. Medusa?" questioned Mai.

"You're correct, Mai Tokiha. To answer both of your questions, Shooting Star had a powerful spell placed upon him to cooperate with President Arika's wishes of using a dragon to keep the island stable. To feed it it's natural resource and power. However, it would seem that that spell was nothing more than a shaky exchange. The mage, Slayn, did warn us that he was able to get Shooting Star to perform his duty willingly. As long as he got what he wanted."

"The dragon made a demand?" questioned Mai.

"Yes," said Medusa. "That it would remain dormant without the threat of attack. If Inferno Island is to be it's eternal resting spot, then so be it. I'm afraid we have broken that promise due to an error on behalf of the research team. Benson?"

"Yes, Dr. Medusa?"

"Take the day off. Your wife and the research team will be returned soon enough. If Shooting Star killed them, you will be brought to trial for confirmation of euthanasia."

"Yes, ma'am."

"NO!" cried out Mai. Please, Dr. Medusa, let me handle this!"

The Doctor smirked, "the optimist strikes again. You were exactly what I had in mind, Mai Tokiha. Can you and Hikari head over to Inferno Island and deal with this situation? As quietly as possible, mind you. For now, a barrier around the island has been set so that Shooting Star doesn't escape, and enter the void of nothingness like poor Tomi Lahren and Kellyanne Conway. What, Hikari. You thought I didn't know?"

Hikari smirked back at the good doctor, while pressing his index and middle finger against the left side of his nose. "We'll make sure Shooting Star stays put."

Mai turned to Hikari, "I can't let them harm that poor dragon. He must be so scared, and I'm sure he didn't fry those researchers! There must be something we can do. "

"There is, Tokiha. What a perfect opportunity."

"For what?" asked the curious HiME.

"Your second lesson."

--

Meanwhile

"Your Majesty? Your Majesty? Princess Anna? Are you well?"

Mai-X-Project Act II - Redemption of the Gods - Episode XVII: Eternal Anxiety 20140310

"10 more minuuuuuutes, if not 1,000". Anna's eyes begin to open slowly, seeing her personal maids by her bedside. One of them holding Elsa II for safe keeping. "Huh? What happened? Am I  back in Arendelle Town?"

One of the maids nodded. "Yes, Your Majesty. You were gone a long time. We searched for you after you didn't come back to the palace. We figured maybe you went training with the Heroes. When we went to your chambers to make the bed again, you were back. We're so happy you've returned, Your Majesty."

"Wait...so...I did go out and...did I say where I was...going?"

"Yes, you said you were going sightseeing. You were last seen at a factory in another city. But none of us were able to find you, and the man in charge said you were long gone."

"Factory...FACTORY!" Anna tossed the bed sheets and pillows in a fury of anger. "Sundae Fundae, you JERK!"

"Your Majesty, are you alright?"

"HE BROUGHT ME HERE! HOPING I'D KEEP MY TRAP SHUT! You messed with the wrooooong Princess. You mess with chocolate, you're messing with ALL of ME!!!"
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down