Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oh! My Goddess! aka Ā Megami-sama general discussion thread

5 posters

Go down

Oh! My Goddess! aka Ā Megami-sama general discussion thread Empty Oh! My Goddess! aka Ā Megami-sama general discussion thread

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:41 pm

Oh! My Goddess! aka Ā Megami-sama general discussion thread Ah-my-10
Oh! My Goddess! aka Ā Megami-sama general discussion thread Ohmygo10
Oh! My Goddess! aka Ā Megami-sama general discussion thread Oh_my_10
---

General discussion thread for all your Oh! My Goddess! fandom and chat! Kōsuke Fujishima's legendary series is about a lowly everyday guy named Keiichi Morisato who accidentally summons a gentle and kind goddess named Belldandy to grant his wish. For kicks and giggles, he asks for Belldandy to remain by his side forever. Once his wish is granted, he realizes he's stuck with this odd, powerful.....sweet....kind...beautiful girl. Wink No complaints here! As the series progresses, we meet a bunch of colorful characters like Skuld, Urd, Megumi, Sayoko, Hild and many more. The series became an instant hit with the manga, the OVA anime series, a television series, and even a series focusing on a rat (Gan-chan) and shrunken goddesses called "Mini-Goddess".

Now I'd like to continue singing the praises of this classic title, but I must talk about some of the recent chapters. I haven't kept up with the manga's recent chapters, so I thought I'd fix that by talking about chapters 285, 286, and 287. I just got done reading these three chapters (thanks to my girlfriend for bringing them to my attention. Turn my back once and these raw copies become translated in a finger snap lol). Let's cut this cherry tree down little by little:

So the demon Hild is trying to expose Keiichi's inner most desires and Belldandy's deceiving ways in terms of keep secrets from Keiichi. Basically exposing them both of them as deceivers who, despite being in love, still keep things from one another. However when a new woman (who turns out to be Belldandy's mother) enters the realm, she sees no dishonesty in Keiichi. To add more drama gasoline to the flame, there is tension building between Hild and Belldandy's mother, involving her husband. So the two of them with their Rancor and Gungnir fight. Fight, fight, fight. Coming to the conclusion that Belldandy and Keiichi must pass a test of goddess with human; the so-called Judgement Gate. Now this scenario feels awfully familiar...oh yeah, because we've seen it before in the Ah! My Goddess Movie where Belldandy and Keiichi had to pass through to prove their love and belief in each other! >:3 Nice try, Fujishima.

Like a true couple in love, the two decide on entering through the gate based on their shared trust. Faith for the layperson. We're left with the ditzy gate keeper for comedy relief before things get serious again. She questions faith as well.

Now I'm going to stop because both Keiichi and Belldandy have traveled into the past, so this will require an all-night read after Rizzoli & Isles. Again, use this thread as a discussion post for everything Oh! My Goddess!

HiME 
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Oh! My Goddess! aka Ā Megami-sama general discussion thread Empty Re: Oh! My Goddess! aka Ā Megami-sama general discussion thread

Post by depression76 Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:31 am

Omg why has no one posted in here??

I LOVE AA! MEGAMI-SAMA!!! XD

I mean, Keiichi is kinda bland all by himself, but put all the goddess with him and everything became a riot xD URD IS BEAUTIFUL ZOMG and Skuld is adorbs with a pinch of annoying at times.

asjdlkasjdklasjdklasjdakl

I haven't caught up with the manga notime but have you seen the tv special, Luu? The 'Fighting Wings/Tatakau Tsubasa' special?

ITS AWESOME!

#LindForLyfe
depression76
depression76
White Devil Worshiper
White Devil Worshiper

Bubuzuke points : 7627
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1396

http://daydreamwiththedragon.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Oh! My Goddess! aka Ā Megami-sama general discussion thread Empty Re: Oh! My Goddess! aka Ā Megami-sama general discussion thread

Post by shezaei-neko Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:07 pm

I love this series.
I remember reading some of the very first chapters of the manga several years ago.
And of course watched the OVAs, the Movie, Mini-goddess, and some episodes of the new series (which I still need to finish watching).

I always thought that Keiichi was a lucky bastard... :'3
That Belldandy was so precious, and Urd was sexy as hell. :3
shezaei-neko
shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Bubuzuke points : 4088
Armitage GUTS!!! : 756

http://shezaei-neko.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:20 am

depression76 wrote:I haven't caught up with the manga notime but have you seen the tv special, Luu? The 'Fighting Wings/Tatakau Tsubasa' special?
o.o No...what's that? Is the TV special connected to the latest Ah! Megami-sama anime or something? No spoilers, I'll look for it myself. XD
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by depression76 Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:59 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
depression76 wrote:I haven't caught up with the manga notime but have you seen the tv special, Luu? The 'Fighting Wings/Tatakau Tsubasa' special?
o.o No...what's that? Is the TV special connected to the latest Ah! Megami-sama anime or something? No spoilers, I'll look for it myself. XD
Lol yep yep, it's connected to the anime! It's a two-episode tv special which hasn't been dubbed into english. It's really good! You should give it a watch xD
depression76
depression76
White Devil Worshiper
White Devil Worshiper

Bubuzuke points : 7627
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1396

http://daydreamwiththedragon.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptainVonCookie Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:41 am

Ooooohh this is nostalgic! It was one of the first animes shown in TV here that weren't for kids. They showed the OVAS and it had a big impact on me, who knew cartoons could have such beautiful artwork?
I know there's a movie coming up, I have it somewhere on my to-watch list. I can't remember the plot at all besides why she's with him. But this was a nice walk down memory lane =)
CaptainVonCookie
CaptainVonCookie
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 535
Armitage GUTS!!! : 161

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:05 pm

depression76 wrote:
Lol yep yep, it's connected to the anime! It's a two-episode tv special which hasn't been dubbed into english. It's really good! You should give it a watch xD
I will! Just spotted it online. *_*

CaptainVonCookie wrote:
I know there's a movie coming up, I have it somewhere on my to-watch list. I can't remember the plot at all besides why she's with him. But this was a nice walk down memory lane =)
A new Ah! My Goddess movie? Whatever it's going to be about, it'll be difficult topping the first Ah My Goddess movie. A masterpiece in every regard. Razz 

Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by shezaei-neko Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:16 pm

Wait...what?! Is this true?? There is another Ah! Megami-sama! Movie?? I must watch it.

But I gotta agree with Luu. It'll be hard to top the first. One of my favorites of all time. *3*
shezaei-neko
shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Bubuzuke points : 4088
Armitage GUTS!!! : 756

http://shezaei-neko.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:00 pm

shezaei-neko wrote:Wait...what?! Is this true?? There is another Ah! Megami-sama! Movie?? I must watch it.

But I gotta agree with Luu. It'll be hard to top the first. One of my favorites of all time. *3*
*3* It must be true if Deppeh says so. She wouldn't lie to us now, would she? Natsuki Kruger2 

Yeah! It's quite exciting to know they bothered to make a second one. Belldandy, Urd, Hild, Peorth, etc., they're all deserving of new stories. What bothers me is if Keiichi develops as a character this time. He's basically like me, 100% sure of his love for someone...*blushes and ahems it away*...so there's little left to discover with him.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:00 pm

bump 

"Ah! My Goddess" Manga Ending Announced
Final chapter set to be published in June issue of "Afternoon," on sale next month

Oh! My Goddess! aka Ā Megami-sama general discussion thread 2b41d510

Kōsuke Fujishima's long running manga Ah! My Goddess! (or Oh My Goddess!) finally has an end an sight, with the 1998 magic girlfriend series set to wrap up in the June issue of Afternoon, on sale April 25th. The upcoming magazine will also feature an important announcement concerning the issue.

The 48th and final volume, on sale July 25th, with feature an audio drama, artbook and special box with its limited edition.

Dark Horse's release of the series is America's longest running manga.

Source: Crunchyroll

---

This is huge. ;A; Never thought I would see the day come. Fujishima's legendary series can have a proper close now. It's so sad when a long running series (that's good) comes to an end. I'll miss Belldandy and Urd-sama.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by PuppyHaru Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:23 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
bump 

"Ah! My Goddess" Manga Ending Announced
Final chapter set to be published in June issue of "Afternoon," on sale next month

Oh! My Goddess! aka Ā Megami-sama general discussion thread 2b41d510

Kōsuke Fujishima's long running manga Ah! My Goddess! (or Oh My Goddess!) finally has an end an sight, with the 1998 magic girlfriend series set to wrap up in the June issue of Afternoon, on sale April 25th. The upcoming magazine will also feature an important announcement concerning the issue.

The 48th and final volume, on sale July 25th, with feature an audio drama, artbook and special box with its limited edition.

Dark Horse's release of the series is America's longest running manga.

Source: Crunchyroll

---

This is huge. ;A; Never thought I would see the day come. Fujishima's legendary series can have a proper close now. It's so sad when a long running series (that's good) comes to an end. I'll miss Belldandy and Urd-sama.

awww It's ending *sadface* I'll have to catch up on the manga now

anyway randomly besides keichi and belldandy as an adoriable ship
Ships Urd x Mara and Lind x Peorth because I can Razz
PuppyHaru
PuppyHaru
HiME Ranger
HiME Ranger

Bubuzuke points : 172
Armitage GUTS!!! : 49
Location : Australia, otherwise check for a note I left on the fridge!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down