Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Girl - Complete

4 posters

Go down

My Girl - Complete Empty My Girl - Complete

Post by Syralind Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:07 am

I completed this maybe 4 years ago; It was originally meant to be a one-shot but my great reviewers persuaded me to do more, so I did :)
I like to think that my writing improved with every chapter - I hope you think so too I love you

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2640734/1/My-Girl

Please let me know what you think, either on this thread or in a review. I'm open to criticism and thoughts ^^ (If you see questions from me at the bottom of my chapters, the questions still stand so please feel free to answer them either here or on a ff.net review :D ) I'm working on a new fic now so whatever thoughts you have will surely inspire me to keep writing! Arika Yumemiya

PS: You might notice in later chapters that some words don't have spaces between them - that was a bug on fanfiction.net at the time, so I apologize in advance if you see any. Thank you again! Viola
Syralind
Syralind
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 146
Armitage GUTS!!! : 40

Back to top Go down

My Girl - Complete Empty Re: My Girl - Complete

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:21 pm

ff.net reviewers are just so awesome, aren't they? I only wrote one one-shot and two incomplete stories, but their positive response was always nice to read.

I've never read your work before, so expect a review sometime in the future. ruby

While I'm here, I might as well ask you this. Is ff.net really going through some kind of censorship lately? Yuri authors on other websites have complained that their more raunchy works have been taken down. Probably why nobody talks about ff.net much these days. Around me anyway. Is this true?
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Syralind Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:29 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:ff.net reviewers are just so awesome, aren't they? I only wrote one one-shot and two incomplete stories, but their positive response was always nice to read.

I've never read your work before, so expect a review sometime in the future. ruby

While I'm here, I might as well ask you this. Is ff.net really going through some kind of censorship lately? Yuri authors on other websites have complained that their more raunchy works have been taken down. Probably why nobody talks about ff.net much these days. Around me anyway. Is this true?

Hmm... I haven't seen any changes. I was thinking maybe they're just pulling pwp's but I know people are still responding to smut scene requests. They've been cracking down on people who don't have the proper rating but that's about it. It would seem strange to me that they'd take down raunchy work yet leave one-shot-smut up there :|
Syralind
Syralind
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Back to top Go down

Post by IlliterateKoi Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:44 pm

Holy crap, I've read your fic many times over, I love it! XD Particularly like the last chapter...for...reasons ;D

Anyway, I'm happy to hear that you're working on a new fic, keep us updated with that! :3

As for the censorship going on over at ff.net, it IS happening, or at least it was, I'm not sure if it still is. I think our fandom has been pretty lucky, though a couple of fics have gone missing that could just be the authors taking them down *shrugs*

Fics were only taken down if they were reported by readers though, as far as I'm aware, so they were able to pick and choose which ones stayed :/

IlliterateKoi
IlliterateKoi
Goldfish wanker of Camelot

Bubuzuke points : 4261
Armitage GUTS!!! : 441

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:52 pm

You know, I can understand (at best) the removal of the smut fics. We had a former member here who wrote nothing but smut fics. I allowed them haven in good faith for the series we celebrate, even though they were all poorly written fics by a very poor author.

Hey Koi, do these authors on ff.net get a chance to appeal for their fanfiction getting taken down? Or is it like YouTube where a group of flaggers are enough to have it taken down?

Bah, either way, I'll be enjoying Syralind's work soon. Watch for my review soon!
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Syralind Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:26 am

IlliterateKoi wrote:[color=darkred]Holy crap, I've read your fic many times over, I love it! XD Particularly like the last chapter...for...reasons ;D

lol yep LOL. Seriously as I read that last line I felt an impish grin grow on my face cuz I knew exactly where you were going lol. I'm glad you've been enjoying my work though ^^ I've still been getting reviews and I'm surprised people still read it since I'm sure it's way back in the MH fanfic archive Razz I'm perhaps 75% done with the first chapter - I like to reread my chapters once or twice though, just to check for any loose ends I meant to tie. I know that happens once or twice in My Girl (nothing major, but...) so I want to try and develop that a little more. Also, the only place I can write is at work sweatdrop since there are at least moments of peace there but damn work-related distractions make me lose my train of thought Argh lol

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:[color=black]You know, I can understand (at best) the removal of the smut fics. We had a former member here who wrote nothing but smut fics. I allowed them haven in good faith for the series we celebrate, even though they were all poorly written fics by a very poor author.

Aw I hate that, but at least you provided them a place to present their work, however incondite it might be. And thank you for your interest Mikoto Minagi
Last I knew, you were given an appeal or a warning, but that might have changed. I wrote a shoujo-ai fic for Soul Calibur and some people were so against it that they started going around masquerading as me (and a friend of mine, who wrote the same kind of fic for the same game and characters) and started blasting other peoples work. Before I knew it, I was getting angry messages from people saying how childish I was being. We notified FF.net and they fixed it while I sent out letters back explaining that it wasn't me. So at least there's some order in the site's maintenance and its writers but it was weird.
Syralind
Syralind
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsukichan1 Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:46 pm

Wow... I HATE SOMETHING LIKE THAT! I really like your Fanfictions. There are at place 2 at my fav. Shoujo-Ai/Yuri fanfictions!!!! I REALLY HATE PEOPLE WHO WRITE JUST BECAUSE OF SUCH AN SMALL THING HATE MESSAGES :evil: Argh Nina Wang
Natsukichan1
Natsukichan1
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Bubuzuke points : 1219
Armitage GUTS!!! : 166

http://xxserichanxx.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by IlliterateKoi Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:13 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:

Hey Koi, do these authors on ff.net get a chance to appeal for their fanfiction getting taken down? Or is it like YouTube where a group of flaggers are enough to have it taken down?

As Syralind said, you used to get a warning/be able to appeal, but from what I've heard that isn't the case anymore. People were having their fics taken down for things like having certain words in their description, which could have been quickly/easily rectified if the authors had been given a warning :/

To be honest though, this was a scheduled purge of fanfictions that broke the ff.net terms, with the amount of stories on the site it would be difficult to take them all case by case, issue warnings and then follow them all up. I should also mention that it wasn't just aimed at smut fics, song-fics and authors notes posted as chapters were also reported...and probably some other things that I can't remember sweatdrop

@Syralind - You had a good experience with the ff.net team?! Holy crap that's a first! They generally don't even respond! XD
IlliterateKoi
IlliterateKoi

Bubuzuke points : 4261
Armitage GUTS!!! : 441

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsukichan1 Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:27 am

Yeah, I know this sweatdrop I wanted to write an Shiznat story, but they ignored me.... Argh
Natsukichan1
Natsukichan1
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Bubuzuke points : 1219
Armitage GUTS!!! : 166

http://xxserichanxx.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Syralind Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:44 pm

IlliterateKoi wrote:
As Syralind said, you used to get a warning/be able to appeal, but from what I've heard that isn't the case anymore. People were having their fics taken down for things like having certain words in their description, which could have been quickly/easily rectified if the authors had been given a warning :/

@Syralind - You had a good experience with the ff.net team?! Holy crap that's a first! They generally don't even respond! XD

Yeah, well, they did the best they could since they only used my name as their alias for their otherwise anonymous name. I dunno if they blocked their emails or what but, unfortunately it's not like that could stop people like that however... :/ But, it seems I'm gonna have to save my individual chapters of what I'm writing now and if they take it down, I'll just keep putting it up until I get whatever combination of correct words in the summary and correct rating until their satisfied leek

@ Natsukichan1 - Really?? That sucks Argh
Syralind
Syralind
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsukichan1 Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:56 am

Yup..... I hate it.... Umm, I read your fanfiction complete. Very nice :D

Blarhg... School... I'm goin now study hah 😢