Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kashimashi: Girl Meets Girl (Slice of life Yuri)

2 posters

Go down

Kashimashi: Girl Meets Girl (Slice of life Yuri) Empty Kashimashi: Girl Meets Girl (Slice of life Yuri)

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:38 pm

Kashimashi: Girl Meets Girl

Kashimashi: Girl Meets Girl (Slice of life Yuri) Animepapernet_picture-standard-anime-kashimashi-girl-meets-girl-under-the-sky-20358-animeallen-preview-cff74651
Kashimashi: Girl Meets Girl (Slice of life Yuri) Animepapernet_picture-standard-anime-kashimashi-girl-meets-girl-picnic-for-three-173550-marcus91-preview-40040755
Kashimashi: Girl Meets Girl (Slice of life Yuri) Animepapernet_picture-standard-anime-kashimashi-girl-meets-girl-kashimashi-girl-meets-girl-20431-bikixnn-preview-4d767e86
Kashimashi: Girl Meets Girl (Slice of life Yuri) Animepapernet_picture-standard-anime-kashimashi-girl-meets-girl-girl-meets-girl-meets-girl-229409-nat-preview-fbaffb20

Now here's a series I've been rewatching lately. My ex-girlfriend Mitchie was into the gender-bender anime/manga titles, so she brought this cute series home one day. What caught my eye was Media Blasters/AnimeWorks labeling it as a Yuri series. So I thought "Oh! This could be good!"

Kashimashi: Girl Meets Girl has it's problems; by no means a masterpiece series. It's not really trying to be one, though the chemistry between it's main three characters did bring joy and sadness. Hazumu Osaragi, a young and VERY uke boy gets turned down by his girl(SPACE)friend Yasuna and soon finds himself wandering off alone in the mountains, unaware that is about to get smacked in the face by an alien spaceship.

WTF?

Hazumu is dead...but not for long. The people of Earth noticing the alien spacecraft and no-selling it; makes the scene leading up to Hazumu's sex change feel unrealistic. I know it's supposed to be part comedy, but come on, I guess space ships have passed by Earth countless times before? Anyway, to apologize for ramming into Earth, the aliens bring Hazumu back as a female. From here, the series enters into not only yuri mode; but a very cute love triangle. Tomboy best friend of Hazumu, Tomari Kurusu, always had a thing for Hazumu since they were children. In the first couple of episodes, Tomari gets used to Hazumu's switch to the female gender. She accepts it finally, but not without Yasuna-chan entering the fray. Now that Hazumu is female, Yasuna finds immediate attraction in him...erm....HER.

This series is cute; all of the characters have something very likable about them. The aliens responsible for the sex change are a fun duo. Jan PU! :3 Maybe it's just me, but are the alien characters needed? Most of the time Hitoshi is just there to observe and feed us unnecessary exposition on human emotions between Hazumu, Yasuna and Tomari. And why is there no love for Namiko-sensei!? That crazy "35 year old woman who never had a boyfriend" deserves her own spin-off! XD

Yasuna is the only character I had a bit of a problem with, just in the beginning. Her condition where she can't see men kinda hit a raw nerve with me at first. Was that an actual condition or she just chose to not see men because men are just nasty to a lesbian character. Somehow, I refuse to believe this is some unique condition of hers, it's a symbolic way of how unattractive we men are to females. Then again...SPOILER ALERT TURN AWAY NOW....she couldn't see women or anybody later on either (you'll see why). It all started with her father giving her negative attention. That theory that human beings have "energy"? Probably that. Yasuna felt strong negative "energy" from males and either blocked males from her vision or that condition of hers set off. *shrugs*

Fan of Kashimashi: Girl Meets Girl? Comment below, discuss and all that jazz. Gay Rainbow

Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Kashimashi: Girl Meets Girl (Slice of life Yuri) Empty Re: Kashimashi: Girl Meets Girl (Slice of life Yuri)

Post by SulliMike23 Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:29 pm

Well, I've said it once before and I'll say it again. Love triangles bring nothing but trouble for all parties involved. Even lesbian love triangles.
SulliMike23
SulliMike23
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 959
Armitage GUTS!!! : 281

Back to top Go down

Kashimashi: Girl Meets Girl (Slice of life Yuri) Empty Re: Kashimashi: Girl Meets Girl (Slice of life Yuri)

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:25 pm

SulliMike23 wrote:Well, I've said it once before and I'll say it again. Love triangles bring nothing but trouble for all parties involved. Even lesbian love triangles.

Very true, but that was the driving force of this series. The whole drama centered around Hazumu's inability to make choices because of his past. Some people suffer from that problem, luckily I always know what I want. It just takes a little soul searching and honesty.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down