Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mai-HiME EXA Discussion and Downloads COMPLETE in English and Español

+32
IlliterateKoi
Bluholic711
Magus Phantalus
SpiralDasher
Acid Raw
Sergay Tate
Defiant
The Fire Stirring Ruby
planetwarrior
Dia
Chibola
Mikotoreborn
The_Yawn
bubbleduckie
Abicion
yurishadow
Asuka Tenjou
Natsuru Kujino
Hohoemu
il0vesunfl0wers
Ice Silver Crystal
Aurora-stylus
Layla-San
roven
fibereco
TongBaox3
venz07
Krystal of Nol
Midori Sugiura99
Kino karutta-chan
SpiderNeKoHiME
Luu Sky Sapphire
36 posters

Page 4 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Mai-HiME EXA Discussion and Downloads COMPLETE in English and Español - Page 4 Empty Re: Mai-HiME EXA Discussion and Downloads COMPLETE in English and Español

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:11 pm

...and it's here! XD

Mai-HiME EXA Discussion and Downloads COMPLETE in English and Español - Page 4 RoseOfHeaven_00

http://www.mediafire.com/?mttgzzdlmzz
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Mai-HiME EXA Discussion and Downloads COMPLETE in English and Español - Page 4 Empty Mai-HiME EXA Chapter 4 Translated!

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:52 pm

Mai-HiME EXA English Chapter 4 is now available for download!

:bounce: :cheers: :bounce:
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Mai-HiME EXA Discussion and Downloads COMPLETE in English and Español - Page 4 Empty Re: Mai-HiME EXA Discussion and Downloads COMPLETE in English and Español

Post by Midori Sugiura99 Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:06 pm

Woot, chapter 4! Sorry it took a little longer this time, my lovlies, but ya know, work and stuff XDD Thankfully Shizuru wasn't as big a pain to translate as she was in the last chapter Wink Hope you all enjoy!
Midori Sugiura99
Midori Sugiura99
Asami Hikaru aka Komu
Asami Hikaru aka Komu

Bubuzuke points : 4714
Armitage GUTS!!! : 913

Back to top Go down

Post by SpiderNeKoHiME Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:49 am

:/ i don't get it...what makes shizuru's dialogue so hard to translate midori?
-shrug- spanks for the chapter! o_o downloading faster this time!!! X3
SpiderNeKoHiME
SpiderNeKoHiME
Spider Queen
Spider Queen

Bubuzuke points : 1353
Armitage GUTS!!! : 278

Back to top Go down

Post by Midori Sugiura99 Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:53 am

Because of her accent, the grammar is sometimes off from the standard grammar I'm used to. And little nuances like that can change the meaning of an entire sentence so I gotta be careful X_X
Midori Sugiura99
Midori Sugiura99
Asami Hikaru aka Komu
Asami Hikaru aka Komu

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:27 pm

Mai fans wouldn't think the Kyoto-ben accent translates itself on text/paper. It sure as Hell does. Rolling Eyes

Here's something I've saved a long time ago concerning dialects.

http://edufire.com/forums/7-languages/topics/6675-kansai-dialect-situation

Midori-sama, how accurate is the information there?
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Krystal of Nol Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:36 pm

Midori Sugiura wrote:Woot, chapter 4! Sorry it took a little longer this time, my lovlies, but ya know, work and stuff XDD Thankfully Shizuru wasn't as big a pain to translate as she was in the last chapter Wink Hope you all enjoy!

Yay chapter 4! Don't worry about that, we understand all about work or college *sigh* anyway I'm going to work in the traslation to spanish righ away! or when I have the time...

Thanks again :)

I'm having some trouble finding chapter 05, so I don't know when I could post it, but if you guys lend me a hand it could be easier Mai-HiME EXA Discussion and Downloads COMPLETE in English and Español - Page 4 Icon_razz
Krystal of Nol
Krystal of Nol
ShizNat Queen: cuz is never enough ShizNat!

Bubuzuke points : 1967
Armitage GUTS!!! : 737

http://krystal-of-nol.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Krystal of Nol Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:45 pm

I think we have a problem, I fould this while I was lookin for EXA 05:

To all our readers
There are now many people unjustly posting copies of manga on the
internet. These unjust copies are inconsistent with mangakas' feelings.
They are also distorting the authors' intentions of "I want the work to
be read this way". The actions of posting these unjust copies on the
net, into which the mangakas have poured their hearts, are not only
hurting mangakas in real life but are also against the law, even if done
in a light-hearted manner. Every time we discover such "unjust copies",
we talk to the mangaka and consider every possible countermeasure. But
the number of inconsiderate people is great, and at present we cannot
deal with all of them. We have a request for all our readers. The unjust
internet copies are deeply hurting the manga culture, mangakas' rights,
and even mangakas' souls. Please understand once again that all of that
is against the law. Also, the mangakas and Shueisha will severely deal
with any unjust copies found on the internet. We ask that our readers
please continue to support us.

~Weekly Shounen Jump editorial department

Maybe this is why even after one month I could not find the raw? :( if it's true, what are we going to do?
Krystal of Nol
Krystal of Nol

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:25 pm

Krystal of Nol wrote:I think we have a problem, I fould this while I was lookin for EXA 05:

To all our readers
There are now many people unjustly posting copies of manga on the
internet. These unjust copies are inconsistent with mangakas' feelings.
They are also distorting the authors' intentions of "I want the work to
be read this way". The actions of posting these unjust copies on the
net, into which the mangakas have poured their hearts, are not only
hurting mangakas in real life but are also against the law, even if done
in a light-hearted manner. Every time we discover such "unjust copies",
we talk to the mangaka and consider every possible countermeasure. But
the number of inconsiderate people is great, and at present we cannot
deal with all of them. We have a request for all our readers. The unjust
internet copies are deeply hurting the manga culture, mangakas' rights,
and even mangakas' souls. Please understand once again that all of that
is against the law. Also, the mangakas and Shueisha will severely deal
with any unjust copies found on the internet. We ask that our readers
please continue to support us.

~Weekly Shounen Jump editorial department

Maybe this is why even after one month I could not find the raw? :( if it's true, what are we going to do?

I've read this article a few weeks ago and it's not a worry considering the context of the message. It's an obvious warning to the source of all free manga: The scanlators. We did the lesser "evil" by translating and editing the scans. Japanese companies know their own countrymen are the ones distributing the latest manga to other fans worldwide on the internet. Priority number one is to take out the source, that's how these companies work. Even so, their chance at success is very slim considering the amount of scans that get shared through forums, bittorrents and basic websites. Onemanga and Mangafox will be prime targets, although I don't see them going down easily.

With Mai-HiME EXA, scanlators are doing a service to the mangakas by promoting their work and it benefits the fanbase in the end. Trust me, fans WILL pay for top quality manga. The response for Mai-HIME EXA is much stronger than that of the original Mai-HiME manga. I don't believe these fat cats over in Japan need to be concerned about losing profits. If Mai-HiME EXA does get released in the United States or anywhere else, I guarantee fans will purchase each volume at full price. Why? Because it's supporting the series itself. It's more faithful to the popular anime series, which is another factor. All these companies see is numbers, without taking the quality of the series itself into consideration. Makes you wonder if they truly know their fanbase.

There's also the issue of how expensive manga is in other countries. Not trying to brag, but not every manga reader makes a huge wad of money. There are fans still in school with no jobs, wanting to read the further adventures of their beloved characters. If they can't afford to be shopaholics at Borders and Barnes&Nobles, they'll look for free scans online. Simple logic really. Some fans get lucky finding manga at their library or spend their time reading at the store. In any case, those who want to obtain their favorite stories will pay through the nose and if they can't, then Hi, Ho the dairy oh, It's off to Google they go.

Mai-HIME EXA was translated because of our love for the Mai series. Nothing more, and nothing less. I don't think it would be fair to keep it hidden away in my memory stick forever. I'm greedy, but not THAT greedy XD. This is a community where we share and support our love for Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome. And while I appreciate you guys enjoying our translations, make sure you purchase the actual manga whenever it goes global...officially. ^_~

Now onto something more upbeat, my review for Mai-HiME EXA Chapter 2!

Mai-HiME EXA Discussion and Downloads COMPLETE in English and Español - Page 4 Scan_003

Oh Akane, why does this always happen to you? Picking up from Akane's early defeat (again. Come on now, she's not hard to write for! >_> Bungholes.), the buzz surrounding her and Kazuya spreads all over Fuuka Academy. I believe all blame can be placed on the shoulders of the queen of gossip, Chie Harada. ^_^ Mai is called into the Student Council room to be interrogated by loud mouth Haruka. It is here that we get a nice introduction by our very own Shizuru Fujino. Luckily Mai's straightness didn't budge. ;p With an investigation under way (with no proof of Mai's involvement), Mai continues her day with more Chie gossip and work. Oh Midori-chan, why must you be lie about your age...again. XD So Mai heads back home and feeds a starving Mikoto once again. Mikoto disappears again with Mai searching for her. Did I mention we get a nice Mai panty shot in the garden scene? :3 There she meets Reito Kanzaki again, our suspicious playboy. Natsuki shows up and stalks Mai, nagging some more about being a HiME. Only this time, Natsuki decides to put Mai's skills to the test. Enter Duran puppy...watch out Mai!!! It's a cliffhanger!!!

Seeing Mai get questioned in the Student Council room brought back memories of the 2nd episode of the Mai-HiME anime. Kouteiryuu really seems to love Mai Tokiha, paying close attention to detail every time there's a close up of her face. Such cuteness, like whenever she's around Reito. The extra blushy Mai of EXA still looks younger than she should be, which kinda throws me off at times. XD Moe girls are not my cup of tea. I have to say that Shizuru's introduction was a beautifully drawn shot, her face is so pretty doncha think? X3

Overall, I enjoyed Chapter 2 regardless of being riddled with tons of deja vu-ness from the anime. I'll be back with my reviews of both Chapter 3 and 4. ^_~
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Midori Sugiura99 Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:44 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:Mai fans wouldn't think the Kyoto-ben accent translates itself on text/paper. It sure as Hell does. Rolling Eyes

Here's something I've saved a long time ago concerning dialects.

http://edufire.com/forums/7-languages/topics/6675-kansai-dialect-situation

Midori-sama, how accurate is the information there?

This article pretty much sums up why I have some minor difficulties with translating accents and is very accurate. The example of "~shiteru" becoming "shitaharu" is a good one. If I'm reading and I see "shitaharu" instead of the standard "shiteru"... my brain will automatically say "WTF is a shitaharu?" XDDD Its hard to keep up with all the accents and dialects, so it takes a little longer to translate those who speak with them, like Shizuru. The first chapter she was in was a little difficult but thankfully in the last chapter she didn't give me much of a problem XD

Also about the article Krystal posted, Luu pretty much said my feelings on it. I'm hoping we can find chapter 5, just got to keep looking!
Midori Sugiura99
Midori Sugiura99
Asami Hikaru aka Komu
Asami Hikaru aka Komu

Back to top Go down

Post by Krystal of Nol Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:55 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:I've read this article a few weeks ago and it's not a worry considering the context of the message. It's an obvious warning to the source of all free manga: The scanlators. We did the lesser "evil" by translating and editing the scans. Japanese companies know their own countrymen are the ones distributing the latest manga to other fans worldwide on the internet. Priority number one is to take out the source, that's how these companies work. Even so, their chance at success is very slim considering the amount of scans that get shared through forums, bittorrents and basic websites. Onemanga and Mangafox will be prime targets, although I don't see them going down easily.

I do understand what you're trying to say but what I mean is if there are no scanlators, how are we going to get the raws? you know that without them we can't do our lesser evil *sigh*

Hope time change this
Krystal of Nol
Krystal of Nol

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:00 pm

Midori Sugiura wrote:This article pretty much sums up why I have some minor difficulties with translating accents and is very accurate. The example of "~shiteru" becoming "shitaharu" is a good one. If I'm reading and I see "shitaharu" instead of the standard "shiteru"... my brain will automatically say "WTF is a shitaharu?" XDDD Its hard to keep up with all the accents and dialects, so it takes a little longer to translate those who speak with them, like Shizuru. The first chapter she was in was a little difficult but thankfully in the last chapter she didn't give me much of a problem XD

I thought so! lol Even Shizuru can offer us some kind of learning experience.

Krystal of Nol wrote:I do understand what you're trying to say but what I mean is if there are no scanlators, how are we going to get the raws? you know that without them we can't do our lesser evil *sigh*

Hope time change this

I understand that, señorita. My point is, scanlators will always find loopholes to share scans. Can't stop them all. ^_^ Give it some time.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Krystal of Nol Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:36 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote: Even Shizuru can offer us some kind of learning experience.

Yeah, ask Natsuki about it XD

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:I understand that, señorita. My point is, scanlators will always find loopholes to share scans. Can't stop them all. ^_^ Give it some time.

Ah sorry it just that I'm really worry about it, but yes you're right it's better give it some time, meanwhile I'll work in chapter 04 and my ShizNat meme... STILL I can't finish it!!!
Krystal of Nol
Krystal of Nol

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:22 pm

Krystal of Nol wrote:Yeah, ask Natsuki about it XD[/color]

XD What Shizuru offered Natsuki is something exclusive to her only. ;P

Krystal of Nol wrote:Ah sorry it just that I'm really worry about it, but yes you're right it's better give it some time, meanwhile I'll work in chapter 04 and my ShizNat meme... STILL I can't finish it!!![/color]

Nah, don't be sorry. Patience, my young padawan. ^_^ Just concentrate on your projects for now. We have a new language translation coming soon for Chapters 1-4, so that will keep fans busy too. ^_^
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Kino karutta-chan Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:46 pm

Well... I know that makimaki scanlations thought about doing the EXA manga, so maybe they already have RAWs?? IDK.

Kino karutta-chan
Kino karutta-chan
Eyes Set to Kk-chan ö.ö
Eyes Set to Kk-chan ö.ö

Bubuzuke points : 7047
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1556

http://kinokarutta-chan.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by SpiderNeKoHiME Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:11 am

krystal is a hard working shiznat fangirl!! x3
um can you still get mai hime destiny from makimaki scanlations?
SpiderNeKoHiME
SpiderNeKoHiME
Spider Queen
Spider Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:40 pm

SpiderNeKoHiME wrote:krystal is a hard working shiznat fangirl!! x3

Not sure, I can check for you later. ^^; I do know that they're not working on Mai HiME EXA, although they were it was part of their "what to do next" poll or something.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Krystal of Nol Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:01 am

SpiderNeKoHiME wrote:krystal is a hard working shiznat fangirl!! x3

Haha, well I'm trying my best, even when I wish I could do more...

It's just how Luu said, they're doing a poll and between the options are: Mai HiME EXA or continued with Mai HIME Destiny
Krystal of Nol
Krystal of Nol

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:28 pm

Krystal of Nol wrote:It's just how Luu said, they're doing a poll and between the options are: Mai HiME EXA or continued with Mai HIME Destiny[/color]

That is correct and Mai HiME EXA didn't get the highest votes on that poll, although they seem to be tied with something else.

My reviews of Chapters 3 and 4 will be posted here and on my blog tomorrow (finally!).
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by SpiderNeKoHiME Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:28 am

>> who would chose anything over mai hime exa on a poll! -attacks something!-
like you always say to me luis, peoples is peoples.
SpiderNeKoHiME
SpiderNeKoHiME
Spider Queen
Spider Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:43 pm

SpiderNeKoHiME wrote:peoples is peoples.[/color]

The greatest advice I've ever received. lol

I agree with you, who wouldn't make Mai HiME EXA their top priority. Rolling Eyes Oh yeah, I forgot. Not everyone likes the Mai franchise. Tis sad...
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Midori Sugiura99 Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:17 pm

Tis sad, but just makes us more awesome for translating it :D
Midori Sugiura99
Midori Sugiura99
Asami Hikaru aka Komu
Asami Hikaru aka Komu

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:47 pm

Midori Sugiura wrote:Tis sad, but just makes us more awesome for translating it :D

*glomps and chus you* I love you. Oh it's true, it's damn true. Razz

Welcome readers! Here's my reviews of Mai-HIME EXA Chapter 3 and 4

((WARNING! SPOILERS! GO AWAY NOW IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THEM!!!))

Mai-HiME EXA Discussion and Downloads COMPLETE in English and Español - Page 4 EXA-3-03

Chapter 3: The struggle intensifies!

Kicking things off with a little ShizNat! Being worried about Natsuki, and probably knowing she has some sort of hidden agenda, Shizuru is left confused and alone. We quickly cut to where we left off in chapter 2, with Natsuki and Mai having their confrontation. A randomly placed panty shot soon follows XD. Natsuki makes it clear once again to Mai (as if we didn't know already...) that Takumi will die if her Child is defeated just like Akane was. Being told "you killed him" isn't something you want to hear. In the middle of the chapter, we are shown a flashback with her mother. It seems Natsuki is making the ritual of the HiME very clear to Mai, forcing her to decide between losing and protecting her most important person. With Kagutsuchi not doing so hot (must be Sunrise's counter to all the "Mary-Sue pet" claims), Natsuki orders Duran to fire directly into it's head. Uh oh...

This chapter didn't really advance the story aside from the quick flashback of Natsuki's past. It was just Natsuki giving Mai more warning and making an example out of Kagutsuchi. EXA Natsuki is one serious babe. The real highlight of this chapter for me (aside from our short ShizNat moment), is the battle art. It's absolutely stunning to see Duran and Kagutsuchi look so fierce and the action scenes are a visual marvel to behold. XD I'm still not used to Shizuru looking so young, btw. Kouteiryuu made her look more vulnerable...hard to explain.

Mai-HiME EXA Discussion and Downloads COMPLETE in English and Español - Page 4 02-1

Chapter 4: Kagutsuchi is defeated...!?

...psych. Natsuki didn't finish off Kagutsuchi, firing only a blank shot. These continued warnings towards Mai pressure her to protect Takumi. Ensuring his survival. Soon after, Mikoto arrives on the scene and almost dices Mai. So pleased with Mai's helpful ways, Mikoto declares her a big sister! *raises fist in the air* SO SHE CAN PROTECT HER! whee!

The next day, Mikoto runs into Mai again at her restaurant job. Midori wonders about her, even asking if she could be Mai's little sister. As if. Food isn't safe from Mikoto, eating everything in sight while Mai works. Pre-tty annoying for poor Mai who took her job too seriously. To help get her mind off work, Midori brought up an open invitation to the Tamayura Festival. Midori's vast history knowledge explains the event as a maiden's sacrifice ordered by the ruthless Obsidian Prince. Fear and folklore, perhaps? Not to Mai, it all sounded too familiar.

Later on, Midori runs into an unexpected visitor. Who defeats her and Gakutenou rather quickly, in hopes of protecting a certain princess of ice.

Better. Much better. It's not just
Spoiler:
either, we're treated to Mai understanding a little more about what the HiME are all about. So it'll be interesting to see where they take her with this. It was also nice to see some humor with Mikoto going around with her health appetite, I was worried it would get too serious like the Festival/Carnival arc in the anime. Maintaining that balance helps get the viewer distracted. Not expecting the unexpected. It happens to me with Midori and her confrontation near the end. My only nitpick is the contest was over in the blink of an eye. Very disappointed considering it was a dream match of mine. If it continues like this, then perhaps the ShizNat fans have spoken! Wink You'll see.

Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Kino karutta-chan Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:23 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:I agree with you, who wouldn't make Mai HiME EXA their top priority. Rolling Eyes
Actualy I didn't voted for EXA, because you already translating it, so why should makimaki do it again?? :0 (I did vote for EXA on the old poll).
Kino karutta-chan
Kino karutta-chan
Eyes Set to Kk-chan ö.ö
Eyes Set to Kk-chan ö.ö

Bubuzuke points : 7047
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1556

http://kinokarutta-chan.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:10 am

Kino karutta-chan wrote:Actualy I didn't voted for EXA, because you already translating it, so why should makimaki do it again?? :0 (I did vote for EXA on the old poll).

Wink Ara, ara. Aren't you thoughtful for thinking about us. <3

Are makimaki still active? I heard from some fans on a blog that their site was down for a long time. I dunno. *shrugs*
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next