Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aoi Hana: Sweet Blue Flowers Discussion

4 posters

Go down

Aoi Hana: Sweet Blue Flowers Discussion Empty Aoi Hana: Sweet Blue Flowers Discussion

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:36 pm

Aoi Hana: Sweet Blue Flowers Discussion

Aoi Hana: Sweet Blue Flowers Discussion Animep98

Aoi Hana: Sweet Blue Flowers Discussion Animep99

Aoi Hana: Sweet Blue Flowers Discussion Anime100

---

Life isn't easy when you have as many feels as Fumi Manjome and her best friend Ah-chan (or as my bootleg subtitle DVD set says: Aa-chan). Aoi Hana surprised me a little when I first saw the anime (and later, the manga). Fresh off Sasameki Koto at the time, I found this title to share some similarities. Now by no means are they the mean yuri anime at all. Sasameki Koto had a bit more over the top moments thanks to Sumika and practically all the immature secondary characters, while Aoi Hana is a more gentle, sweet and visually warm series. You can literally see it through the artwork in both incarnations. It's so warm, that the art itself reflects the feelings of shy lesbian Fumi. I love the animation in this series.

The show shares a lot of romance plot yes, but it also deals with dealing with their own sexuality. Before I continue, just wanted to point out that marrying cousins is normal in Japan. Not to mention, Japanese (practically most of the world too) don't consider it incest at all. Even if they're your first cousins? I could be wrong about this. Now why did I mention all this? No spoilers, just watch the series and know a lot of young lesbians on the same boat as these girls. You can relate to their plight, their hopes and dreams and their sadness.

Oh! It's also the only series where you'll hear Mamiko Noto say "rezubian" AND Mai Nakahara (The original Mai Tokiha herself say "Bisexual". I pissed myself when I heard rezubian. Then again, I'm a racist who finds Engrish very amusing. :3

So discuss, share memories and post images for Aoi Hana!
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Aoi Hana: Sweet Blue Flowers Discussion Empty Re: Aoi Hana: Sweet Blue Flowers Discussion

Post by ookamidesu Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:40 pm

I first came across Aoi Hana when I was in college. And the person who introduced it to me was my ex, peaches. I was actually quite surprised with the anime considering who recommended it to me.

It has such a gentle and calm feel to it, which is a change from a lot of other yuri animes that I had seen at the time. Also, I love the opening theme.

As for the manga... I'm still keeping up with it, but sometimes I forget that I am because there is such a long wait period between each release. Regardless, I enjoy both the anime and manga version and I would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for something to watch/read.
ookamidesu
ookamidesu
Sexilicious Zhang-papa
Sexilicious Zhang-papa

Bubuzuke points : 8884
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1354

http://jnz5012.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Aoi Hana: Sweet Blue Flowers Discussion Empty Re: Aoi Hana: Sweet Blue Flowers Discussion

Post by depression76 Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:35 pm

I'm following the manga, but never seen the anime.

For some reason it's too....um....I don't know what to say.

It's like watching Maria-sama ga Miteru without Yoshino's tsukkomi...

xD
depression76
depression76
White Devil Worshiper
White Devil Worshiper

Bubuzuke points : 7627
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1396

http://daydreamwiththedragon.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaglette Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:33 am

bump

Aoi Hana was pretty boring to me at first, since it didn't become FumiXAkira immediately and that Sugimoto showed up. But It started to get better after the the play and I couldn't stop watching cuz I wanna root for Fumi xD

In the first episode, the impression Aoi Hana gave me was 'The simple anime where the main character cries once every 5 minutes'. Lucky she stopped crying in the next few episodes.

The artstyle was simple but lovely and the characters were drawn almost exactly the same way as the manga, which I found to be uncommon since the art style used in the manga is sometimes replaced with another style which gives it a different feel. Glad they kept Aoi Hana the way it is :3

The ending in the anime was like the cherry topping on a cake. *SPOILERS AHEAD*

Spoiler:
Chaglette
Chaglette
Archmeister of Fujinoism
Archmeister of Fujinoism

Bubuzuke points : 4959
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1293

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down