Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Join the KORRA NATION! [Legend of Korra/Avatar The Last Airbender Discussion Thread]

+14
CaptainVonCookie
shezaei-neko
Sergay Tate
Bluholic711
Cheshire Kat
depression76
Konaxookami
IlliterateKoi
SulliMike23
SpiralDasher
SoulEaterHaruhis0s
Luu Sky Sapphire
hildebrant
WolvenBane08
18 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Join the KORRA NATION! [Legend of Korra/Avatar The Last Airbender Discussion Thread] Empty Join the KORRA NATION! [Legend of Korra/Avatar The Last Airbender Discussion Thread]

Post by WolvenBane08 Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:46 pm

Pretty sure this is the right place for this...but if it's not, feel free to move it, Luu~

ANYWAY. Avatar: Legend of Korra. Gonna be EPIC! (There's already ALL KINDS of Korra/Yue yuri floating around. Check out Yamino on dA for some examples.)

SO. Why not hop on the bandwagon? Mike and Bryan (Bryke) are offering fans a chance to sign up for the Korra Nation. You earn points, which in turn earn you rewards.
Go here to sign up~
Viola
WolvenBane08
WolvenBane08
Shizuru Fujino-Mama a.k.a. The Viola-tor

Bubuzuke points : 950
Armitage GUTS!!! : 285

http://wolvenbane08.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Join the KORRA NATION! [Legend of Korra/Avatar The Last Airbender Discussion Thread] Empty Re: Join the KORRA NATION! [Legend of Korra/Avatar The Last Airbender Discussion Thread]

Post by hildebrant Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:07 pm

WolvenBane08 wrote:Pretty sure this is the right place for this...but if it's not, feel free to move it, Luu~

ANYWAY. Avatar: Legend of Korra. Gonna be EPIC! (There's already ALL KINDS of Korra/Yue yuri floating around. Check out Yamino on dA for some examples.)

SO. Why not hop on the bandwagon? Mike and Bryan (Bryke) are offering fans a chance to sign up for the Korra Nation. You earn points, which in turn earn you rewards.
Go here to sign up~
Viola

I've seen the first ep today and I'm in. The new series has potential, and I like Mako so far. Its a shame the series is set to only have such a small number of episodes compared to the original series three seasons, or at least thats what I've heard. Either way I'm sure the Mike and Bryan can make it one helluva fun ride no matter how long its going to last

hildebrant
hildebrant
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 888
Armitage GUTS!!! : 233

Back to top Go down

Join the KORRA NATION! [Legend of Korra/Avatar The Last Airbender Discussion Thread] Empty Re: Join the KORRA NATION! [Legend of Korra/Avatar The Last Airbender Discussion Thread]

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:09 pm

Legend of Korra is pretty good. If it can be a long running series, I'd be really content. The animation is extremely well done. Without a doubt the best children's cartoon on the air today. Sure, I'd probably have to give Avatar it's 500th try to properly enjoy Korra more, but it was so engaging that it felt stand alone.

Join the KORRA NATION! [Legend of Korra/Avatar The Last Airbender Discussion Thread] Ob-mw910
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by SoulEaterHaruhis0s Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:34 pm

I've really dug the premiere! The animation is so beautifully done. Its so... I dunno. It has a theatrical feel to it. You can tell they put a lot of time and effort into this. I'm really happy to see a female lead in an action cartoon. Love Korra herself. The boys (Mako and Brolin) are gonna be favorites, too. But, I think I got a lot of enjoyment from Tenzin and his kids. XD

This is what American action cartoons should be doing. I think Legend of Korra has potential to surpass Avatar. I have a good feeling it will. I hope it does. This is a good kick to the nuts cartoons need nowadays.

hildebrant: I think I hear Nick is looking into greenlighting another season if this first season does well. Shouldn't be too long until we hear news. ^^
SoulEaterHaruhis0s
SoulEaterHaruhis0s
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 156
Armitage GUTS!!! : 57

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1452642/Haruhi_Suzumiya_s0s

Back to top Go down

Post by hildebrant Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:41 pm

SoulEaterHaruhis0s wrote:I've really dug the premiere! The animation is so beautifully done. Its so... I dunno. It has a theatrical feel to it. You can tell they put a lot of time and effort into this. I'm really happy to see a female lead in an action cartoon. Love Korra herself. The boys (Mako and Brolin) are gonna be favorites, too. But, I think I got a lot of enjoyment from Tenzin and his kids. XD

This is what American action cartoons should be doing. I think Legend of Korra has potential to surpass Avatar. I have a good feeling it will. I hope it does. This is a good kick to the nuts cartoons need nowadays.

hildebrant: I think I hear Nick is looking into greenlighting another season if this first season does well. Shouldn't be too long until we hear news. ^^

Yeah one thing we can always count on in the Avatar series is great animation and realistically coreographed fight scenes by real life martial arts masters and lots of three dimensional characters that grow and change. You're not gonna see anything like this on Spongebob that's for sure. I know Korra is gonna get herself quite the following but I think I'm gonna stick with Mako as my favorite character so far, if only because I just naturally gravitate towards the silent brooding loner types, and because his voice actor David Faustino has been entertaining me for years as the sleazy Bud Bundy on Married with Children, it'll be interesting to see him act as a completely different type of character.

I did hear from a friend about the second season being greenlit. Glad to see this show is going to last a bit longer, though I imagine Bryan and Dante will stretch it out to be as long as it needs to be, and I can't wait to see how it is from beginning to end
hildebrant
hildebrant
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by SpiralDasher Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:53 am

I was browsing the channels yesterday and came across this series when it was playing on Nick. I'd heard it was good and... it really was! I don't know what episode I jumped in on (it's the one where she arrives at Republic City, can someone tell me how much catching up I have? ^^), but I really liked what I saw. I wasn't able to watch the whole episode (I had yard work to do), but I might go back and put this series on my to-watch list.
Note: I haven't watched the first Avatar series, and I don't plan on it... ^^;
SpiralDasher
SpiralDasher
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 1200
Armitage GUTS!!! : 400

http://www.fanfiction.net/~littledemoninside

Back to top Go down

Post by hildebrant Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:55 am

SpiralDasher wrote:I was browsing the channels yesterday and came across this series when it was playing on Nick. I'd heard it was good and... it really was! I don't know what episode I jumped in on (it's the one where she arrives at Republic City, can someone tell me how much catching up I have? ^^), but I really liked what I saw. I wasn't able to watch the whole episode (I had yard work to do), but I might go back and put this series on my to-watch list.
Note: I haven't watched the first Avatar series, and I don't plan on it... ^^;

You pretty much saw the first two eps turned into an hour long special. Next weekend it may be an hour long special like this one but I'll probably miss it due to a comic book convention. Shame you don't intend to watch the previous series, but you could always look up the characters in this one on the Avatar Wiki
hildebrant
hildebrant
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by SpiralDasher Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:21 am

hildebrant wrote:You pretty much saw the first two eps turned into an hour long special. Next weekend it may be an hour long special like this one but I'll probably miss it due to a comic book convention. Shame you don't intend to watch the previous series, but you could always look up the characters in this one on the Avatar Wiki

Thanks for the info! Ha, I was wondering why the episode seemed so long. Now I have my answer. XD If it's only the first two I jumped in on, I might follow it as it airs. I'll be sure to look up some information on the Avatar wiki. =)
SpiralDasher
SpiralDasher
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:27 pm

SpiralDasher wrote:Note: I haven't watched the first Avatar series, and I don't plan on it... ^^;

I've tried it on many occasions. hildebrant isn't wrong about the animation, it's rather good. Borderline great for it's time of release. But when the characters/story didn't click with me, I knew something was wrong. I mostly just played with my Tyzula fanart.

With Korra, I got a sense of a strong female protagonist I can actually follow.

Wonder Woman ----> Sailor Moon -------> Arika Yumemiya ------> Korra?

Both episodes reeled me in fast, can't wait to see what they do next.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by SpiralDasher Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:18 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:Sailor Moon -------> Arika Yumemiya ------>

But I really don't like Sailor Moon or Arika... ^^;;;
SpiralDasher
SpiralDasher
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by hildebrant Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:19 pm

SpiralDasher wrote:

I never thought I'd see the day I'd agree with you on something SD
hildebrant
hildebrant
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by SpiralDasher Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:21 pm

hildebrant wrote:
SpiralDasher wrote:

I never thought I'd see the day I'd agree with you on something SD
Miracles happen. =P
SpiralDasher
SpiralDasher
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:16 am

SpiralDasher wrote:Miracles happen. =P

gay unicorn <---- Thank the magical gay unicorn. *would love a fanart where Korra rides a magical gay unicorn*
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by SulliMike23 Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:33 pm

I just finished watching the first two episodes on iTunes and I gotta say...it's awesome! I officially like pro-bending better than quidditch!
SulliMike23
SulliMike23
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 959
Armitage GUTS!!! : 281

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:05 pm

SulliMike23 wrote:I just finished watching the first two episodes on iTunes

^ Speaking of that, I didn't actually watch Korra on Nick. I tend to avoid a company that is supposed to play original cartoons and has lousy anime instead. Korra was viewed on my Xbox 360...in fact, that's how I discovered it.

Me: Huh? *looks at icon* Who's that bad ass looking girl? *clicks* Oh...a sequel to Avatar: the Last Airbender? *rolls eyes* It's the XFL all over again.

*About an hour later*

kawaiidesuplz
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by SulliMike23 Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:02 pm

Already Legend of Korra is gaining popularity from original Avatar fans. I really like Korra's character too. She acts like how a teenager would in her situation and she's also completely different from Aang.
SulliMike23
SulliMike23
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:09 pm

I must say that Korra is what I'd like to call "Queen of the facial expressions". Every time she does her pissy pouts, does the uke face or look embarrassed, it's either over-the-top or uber adorable.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:09 am

Double post!

Korra chibi Korra sad Korra rasp

Korra emoticons are now available! Couldn't help myself. :)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Special thank you to AnimeStudent09 of deviantART: http://animestudent09.deviantart.com/

For granting me permission to use his Korra chibi for MM Forum.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by SulliMike23 Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:20 am

Nice! Korra chibi I think I'll make use of one now.
SulliMike23
SulliMike23
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:11 pm

SulliMike23 wrote:Nice! Korra chibi I think I'll make use of one now.

That's the spirit!

Korra rasp

Now now, Korra. Don't be a naughty little Tsundere now. :3

Korra sad

>///< KAWAII~~~
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by WolvenBane08 Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:51 pm

Wow, vanish for a bit and the thread takes off!
*is pleased with self*

Anyway, Luu. If it's a strong female character your looking for in A:TLA, try starting at Season 2. Normally, I don't suggest this...but I'll make exceptions every now and then.
Though, to be fair, Katara does grow a backbone in the last few episodes of Season One. And goes all ninja with Zuzu during Season Three.
But, as far as the Gaang is concerned, Toph is the badass fuck-you-I'm-doing-my-own-damn-thing character.

And, of course, Ozai's Angels make their entrance in Season Two. Can't get much more fierce than Azula.

((I would absolutely LOVE to see Zula in LOK. But I think she might be dead. Sad.))
WolvenBane08
WolvenBane08

Back to top Go down

Post by hildebrant Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:29 pm

WolvenBane08 wrote:Wow, vanish for a bit and the thread takes off!
*is pleased with self*

Anyway, Luu. If it's a strong female character your looking for in A:TLA, try starting at Season 2. Normally, I don't suggest this...but I'll make exceptions every now and then.
Though, to be fair, Katara does grow a backbone in the last few episodes of Season One. And goes all ninja with Zuzu during Season Three.
But, as far as the Gaang is concerned, Toph is the badass fuck-you-I'm-doing-my-own-damn-thing character.

And, of course, Ozai's Angels make their entrance in Season Two. Can't get much more fierce than Azula.

((I would absolutely LOVE to see Zula in LOK. But I think she might be dead. Sad.))

Truth be told at the end of the original series Azula was committed to a mental asylum and odds are she is dead at this point. Only thing confirmed is that Zuko is still alive just not the firelord anymore. One of my hopes is he's still running his uncle's tea shop in Ba Sing Se, and done the really intelligent thing and franchised it. Its the Starbucks of the Avatar world. Hey I got to see the start of the Fire Ferrets wearing company logos and brand names on their uniforms like the Nascar racers and UFC fighters do so who knows, I may be on a roll
hildebrant
hildebrant
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by WolvenBane08 Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:49 pm

hildebrant wrote:
*is pleased with self*

Truth be told at the end of the original series Azula was committed to a mental asylum and odds are she is dead at this point. Only thing confirmed is that Zuko is still alive just not the firelord anymore. One of my hopes is he's still running his uncle's tea shop in Ba Sing Se, and done the really intelligent thing and franchised it. Its the Starbucks of the Avatar world. Hey I got to see the start of the Fire Ferrets wearing company logos and brand names on their uniforms like the Nascar racers and UFC fighters do so who knows, I may be on a roll

Oh, I know 'Zula winds up in an asylum, but I read somewhere, when LOK had just been confirmed, that she has a descendant in the new series. Which means she likely got out of the asylum.
And let's face it. Short of having her bending removed, there's really nothing to stop her from breaking out once she regains her mental faculties.
She's like Toph, the way I see it. Nothing can keep her down permanently. She's too strong for that. All she needs to do is find herself, or draw upon her loyalty to and desire to please Ozai.

Personally, I think she's distantly related to Amon. Or is Amon, and just told the world a load of shit in regards to the "my parents were murdered by firebenders" story.
WolvenBane08
WolvenBane08

Back to top Go down

Post by hildebrant Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:51 pm

WolvenBane08 wrote:
hildebrant wrote:
*is pleased with self*

Oh, I know 'Zula winds up in an asylum, but I read somewhere, when LOK had just been confirmed, that she has a descendant in the new series. Which means she likely got out of the asylum.
And let's face it. Short of having her bending removed, there's really nothing to stop her from breaking out once she regains her mental faculties.
She's like Toph, the way I see it. Nothing can keep her down permanently. She's too strong for that. All she needs to do is find herself, or draw upon her loyalty to and desire to please Ozai.

Personally, I think she's distantly related to Amon. Or is Amon, and just told the world a load of shit in regards to the "my parents were murdered by firebenders" story.

You're quite the Azula fangirl aren't you?
hildebrant
hildebrant
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by WolvenBane08 Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:05 am

hildebrant wrote:

You're quite the Azula fangirl aren't you?

She turned me gay. Or at least made me come to terms with my inherent gayness. XDD
WolvenBane08
WolvenBane08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next