Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fruits Basket Discussion Thread

+2
Kicchu
Luu Sky Sapphire
6 posters

Go down

Fruits Basket Discussion Thread Empty Fruits Basket Discussion Thread

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:02 am

Fruits Basket Discussion Thread Fruits-basket6

Fruits Basket is a series about the cursed Sohma family and the hardworking kind girl who stumbles across their secret. They transform into the 12 animals of the zodiac when hugged by a person of the opposite gender!

cat : Meoooooow.

My bad. The 12 animals, plus the cat.

The manga ran much longer than the anime series. My ex-gf and roommate Mitchie is a huge fan of the series, mainly the manga incarnation. I did read the first 5 or so volumes, but don't remember too much. The anime I do recall quite well. Arisa Uotani (YANKI!!!) was my favorite character, she's so badass and caring for Tohru Honda. <3 Kyo was my favorite Sohma family member since cats rule! (in Fruits Basket anyway). I don't see the fascination with Yuki, damn rat. xD

So, anyone else watch this cool series? ^_^
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Fruits Basket Discussion Thread Empty Re: Fruits Basket Discussion Thread

Post by Kicchu Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:10 am

Yep! I've watched it and I've read all of the manga, too. ^^ I am a really big fan of Fruits Basket and it was the first manga I ever bought. The anime was pretty well done story wise, until the end, but it still remains one of my favorite. When I was younger, I really liked Kyo(and one of my friends even bought me one of those Kyo-cat plushies for Christmas), but now I'm not so sure. In the manga, I got quite a liking for Kureno, though. x3

I do Arisa and Hana, too. ^^ They bring such enjoyment to the series.

Hahah, Fruits Basket is the series that I somehow got EVERYONE into back in high school... and even a little afterward, as well. ^^;
Kicchu
Kicchu
HiME Ranger
HiME Ranger

Bubuzuke points : 257
Armitage GUTS!!! : 94

Back to top Go down

Post by GaleLupin-Otome Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:57 am

Yeah, Fruits basket is one of the best Anime/Manga out there. It was one of the few mangas I bought too! I really wished they continued the Anime though, to include Rin and Kureno, but it's not happening anytime soon I guess.

The beauty of fruits basket is the light colours they use, it makes everything look fresh and so pwetty! (*Laugh*) but I loved the jokes the best, like how Ayame teases Yuki and Kyo, priceless!!

What's cooler is the english dub is actually better than the original japanese, well I think so anyway, so you'll have much more fun watching it in english.
GaleLupin-Otome
GaleLupin-Otome
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 29
Armitage GUTS!!! : 4

http://GaleRider.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:45 pm

Haha, good to see more fans here! ^_^ Arisa and Hana are just awesome, Kicchu. X3 Whenever Hana goes apeshit...XDDD Recipe for lolz!

GaleLupin-Otome wrote:What's cooler is the english dub is actually better than the original japanese, well I think so anyway, so you'll have much more fun watching it in english.

I think so too. I only say that because it was the first GOOD Funimation dub, imo. In fact, it was the Funimation dub that made them okay in my eyes. Before with Dragon Ball Z's dub, I thought my ears were gonna bleed lobsters. They tried a lot harder with Fruits Basket and it shows with (for example...) Laura Bailey's amazing performance as Tohru Honda.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by SpiderNeKoHiME Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:02 pm

kyo-kitty rules, he's cute and i feel sorry for him!!!! >> never liked yuki-rat....
i'm a huge fan of fruits basket manga. so much better than the anime.
the anime does get points for that trippy Chiisana Inori ending theme :3333
la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la
SpiderNeKoHiME
SpiderNeKoHiME
Spider Queen
Spider Queen

Bubuzuke points : 1353
Armitage GUTS!!! : 278

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMikoto Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:29 pm

This series takes me so far back to so many fond memories. :3

I did both the Anime and the Manga... I found the manga to be a lot darker than the anime, but still found the anime to be more to my likening, even though it is not the complete story of all the manga-chapters.

Also liked Kyo Sohma the most! I remember a childhood friend of mine and I were hanging out during Halloween and wanted to do an anime night. We went to a gaming store called Microplay (that is now no longer existent - at least here.) where we could rent anime DVD's. Fruits Basket was there, and we went with it. This is how we... I ... discovered the series for the first time. It would have been somewhere between 2000-2003.

Back then we would do what's called Character Calling. There was a rule though that the first three episodes of ANY anime series had to be watched before a character from that specific series could be Claimed as ones own character-personality/identity.

Of course, this guy was always better at calling the characters first, and instantly claimed Yuki Sohma as his character. At first I was pissed about this, because all I had at the time to decide from was wither Tohru Honda or Shigure. <_< That is when Kyo Sohma made his appearance... "It's time to pay the piper, RAT-BOY! And I'm here to collect!" ... it was at that moment my friend new that he fucked up, as I claimed Kyo Sohma as my own! XD

To this day, Kyo Sohma remains my favorite character in Fruits Basket / Furuba. Other than Yuki as a second, and then maybe Tohru as a third favorite, I didn't really take to any of the other characters as much, though I have a feeling my character-preferences would be quite a bit different today if I ever do decide to give that classic series a re-watch! :3

I actually like the psychic girl with the pig-tail a lot now, because she's ... well ... got a pig-tail *blush* X//D

My Fetish. :

Kisa is also a cool character. I like her because she's the TIGER according to the Chinese Zodiac. And, well, I just so happy to be the Tiger, too! :3

Overall, I loved this series!! :D

EDIT: Oh, and Akito is cool too. :3
ShadowMikoto
ShadowMikoto
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 537
Armitage GUTS!!! : 82

Back to top Go down

Post by Break String SpinElf Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:29 am

ShadowMikoto wrote:That is when Kyo Sohma made his appearance... "It's time to pay the piper, RAT-BOY! And I'm here to collect!" ... it was at that moment my friend new that he fucked up, as I claimed Kyo Sohma as my own! XD
This brings back so many fond memories. Much as I love Kyo, though, in all his Byronic glory, Momiji - my pwecious ickle bunny wabbit - remains my favourite. That scene with Tohru when he reveals his obvious pain, hidden by a smile, over the situation with his younger sister... almost made a Roy Mustang shower fall on my cheek.
Break String SpinElf
Break String SpinElf
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 976
Armitage GUTS!!! : 103

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMikoto Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:14 pm

Break String SpinElf wrote:
ShadowMikoto wrote:That is when Kyo Sohma made his appearance... "It's time to pay the piper, RAT-BOY! And I'm here to collect!" ... it was at that moment my friend new that he fucked up, as I claimed Kyo Sohma as my own! XD
This brings back so many fond memories. Much as I love Kyo, though, in all his Byronic glory, Momiji - my pwecious ickle bunny wabbit - remains my favourite. That scene with Tohru when he reveals his obvious pain, hidden by a smile, over the situation with his younger sister... almost made a Roy Mustang shower fall on my cheek.

I am trying to visualize that scene, which I can do, because Momiji's character quite well, but am having trouble actually picturing the scene word-for-word, because it's been at least... 15 years since I watched it! XD

... Just writing that ^ made me realize that I gotta re-watch it this year! XD

I remember role playing a Momiji many years ago on Yahoo.Chat. <_< As we all know, Momiji is like the Counter Pick to Kyo in that series! So if Kyo was a fire element in the anime... Momiji would probably be a water element! X)

I can't count how many times this RP would turn into one big argument!! XD But I sure did enjoy RP-ing a HOT HEAD like Kyo Sohma back then!! ^^

ShadowMikoto
ShadowMikoto
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 537
Armitage GUTS!!! : 82

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down