Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How DID Cat Goddess Mikoto train Arika?

+3
Chaglette
Twisted Eternal Wolvetta
Luu Sky Sapphire
7 posters

Go down

Mikoto - How DID Cat Goddess Mikoto train Arika? Empty How DID Cat Goddess Mikoto train Arika?

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:49 pm

How DID Cat Goddess Mikoto train Arika?

Another one of those questions that continues to bother me even to this day. Those who remember the aftermath of Arika's embarrassing fight with Mikoto will recall her requesting training from the Cat Goddess. In such a limited time, it's Arika implied that she received enough training before the final battle of Mai-Otome took place from episodes 25-26.

With no episode focusing on training, nor a training montage, what do you think Mikoto did to train the daughter of Lena Sayers? Arika Yumemiya Mikoto Minagi

Thought out theories and sarcasm responses are welcome, as we'll never know at this rate. X3
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Mikoto - How DID Cat Goddess Mikoto train Arika? Empty Re: How DID Cat Goddess Mikoto train Arika?

Post by Twisted Eternal Wolvetta Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:13 am

Hm... now that I've thought on this, I'm thinking that Arika merely needed guidance of using her head more, considering, she has the issue in where she jumps straight into a battle, she does no reading whatsoever once pouncing onto the subject of chasing after another character, as the Mikoto vs. Arika scene proves here.

However, I can't help that TrollSunrise went Bleach here and overpowered Arika further instead of really focusing on her actual character development which desperately needed producing properly throughout the entire Otome series (thankfully Arika doesn't scream whilst waving a sword around, randomly having a huge argument before the battle just to somehow win with ease though, of course). After all, it wasn't really until Zwei that she was a little better, although not much at all, merely more... understanding of situations?

I doubt Arika will ever gain the true powers of the Sky Blue Sapphire however, after all, Lena was a HiME and an Otome, so there was no wonder she was enabled with the ability of putting even the sacred GEM under strain like she had done so with royal GEMs.

Twisted Eternal Wolvetta
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 708
Armitage GUTS!!! : 188

Back to top Go down

Mikoto - How DID Cat Goddess Mikoto train Arika? Empty Re: How DID Cat Goddess Mikoto train Arika?

Post by Chaglette Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:37 am

One of the audio tracks of drama cd 2 started with Arika screaming, fighting Mikoto and I think she missed but Mikoto gave a good comment (assuming it is good coz she sounded positive) maybe about something related to Arika getting closer to hitting Mikoto <--- pure assumption Arika Yumemiya

That part lasted for less than 20 seconds and it ended with Mai sounding the lunch/dinner pot. Mai Tokiha Arika had lots of injuries, probably scratches and Mashiro helped to treat them.
Chaglette
Chaglette
Archmeister of Fujinoism
Archmeister of Fujinoism

Bubuzuke points : 4959
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1293

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:07 am

Character development was clearly rushed towards the end of the series. Why else would Arika become so much stronger in just a one episode span? It's not really a complaint on my end, I don't want my thread to come off that way. If anything, there is personal bias (on my part) towards the character of Arika and rightfully so. It just baffles me to think that Mikoto must of had a very effective training strategy to offer her students, and if that's the case, why couldn't Mai Tokiha budge Harmonium Nina?

The Blue Sky Sapphire, man. The Blue Fucking Sky Sapphire.

Nagi wrote:One of the audio tracks of drama cd 2 started with Arika screaming, fighting Mikoto and I think she missed but Mikoto gave a good comment (assuming it is good coz she sounded positive) maybe about something related to Arika getting closer to hitting Mikoto <--- pure assumption Arika Yumemiya

That part lasted for less than 20 seconds and it ended with Mai sounding the lunch/dinner pot. Mai Tokiha Arika had lots of injuries, probably scratches and Mashiro helped to treat them.

Assumption, but a good one that is considered canon. :) It shows us that the training did take place and it was done in a physical sense rather than any form of spiritually. Proving that the goal was to build raw power for Arika, in order to defeat her now rampaging former-BFF. Mix that with the Blue Sky power she eventually obtains and you have the most powerful Otome since Lena Sayers.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptainVonCookie Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:27 pm

Hmm, that part was rushed... But it did serve it's purpose! Kids watching would associate hard work and persistence with goal achieving! While adults would clearly see the lazy ass writers failure to find a good training regime and satisfactory evolution. (Or plain simple they had to follow a tight schedule)
Nevertheless, it suited Arika's character very much! The typical main character soaked in self rightness that'll achieve their goals simply because it's the right thing to do.
She annoys the hell out of me and I still don't know why. But I do like her. And I think her attitude is the right one! If you believe in something it WILL come true! Doubting yourself ain't gonna help! So if she believes she can win over the harmonium in just 5 minutes of training she'll work her ass off and do it and somehow crack the secret at the last minute! Stranger things have happened in Otome.
Spoiler:
CaptainVonCookie
CaptainVonCookie
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 535
Armitage GUTS!!! : 161

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:31 pm

CaptainVonCookie wrote:Hmm, that part was rushed... But it did serve it's purpose! Kids watching would associate hard work and persistence with goal achieving! While adults would clearly see the lazy ass writers failure to find a good training regime and satisfactory evolution. (Or plain simple they had to follow a tight schedule)
Nevertheless, it suited Arika's character very much! The typical main character soaked in self rightness that'll achieve their goals simply because it's the right thing to do.
She annoys the hell out of me and I still don't know why. But I do like her. And I think her attitude is the right one! If you believe in something it WILL come true! Doubting yourself ain't gonna help! So if she believes she can win over the harmonium in just 5 minutes of training she'll work her ass off and do it and somehow crack the secret at the last minute! Stranger things have happened in Otome.
Spoiler:

I never found Arika annoying, but then again, I am a major fan of this Hall of Famer:

Mikoto - How DID Cat Goddess Mikoto train Arika? Sailor12

If SUNRISE told me the character of Arika Yumemiya wasn't influenced by Usagi Tsukino, they're either joking or pulling my dick. Whatever the case, Arika's fast training reminds me a lot of Luke Skywalker. His rushed improvement from Empire Strikes Back to Return of the Jedi always confused me, so with Arika, Mikoto must of just given her a Mario star or something. At least until she got the full powers of her mommy dearest, L(R?!)ena Sayers.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptainVonCookie Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:03 pm

I like Usagi. But they both share something that is just annoying! Maybe how they always do what's right for everybody. Be selfish every once in a while dammit!

A Mario Star!!!!! Dude!!! I think you just discovered the zero to hero discrepancy in all the shows!!!! I knew Mario was sneaky, that mustache was always suspicious!

Luke Skywalker had a lot of time to practice from one movie to another! Plus the dead time on set, I'm surprised it took the whole movie to win!
CaptainVonCookie
CaptainVonCookie
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 535
Armitage GUTS!!! : 161

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyria Lightning Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:30 pm

somehow, I was tempted to think about the movie Kill Bill 2, the way Kiddo got trained. But on the other hand- no. that would be just too freaky O.o

But I'm sure it has something to do with food. The one who grabs the food faster, is the winner of the round?

(geez I shouldn't post anything after midnight +_+ )
Valkyria Lightning
Valkyria Lightning
The Apex Asexual Predator struck by FLightning
The Apex Asexual Predator struck by FLightning

Bubuzuke points : 2299
Armitage GUTS!!! : 740

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:51 pm

Valkyria Lightning wrote:somehow, I was tempted to think about the movie Kill Bill 2, the way Kiddo got trained. But on the other hand- no. that would be just too freaky O.o

But I'm sure it has something to do with food. The one who grabs the food faster, is the winner of the round?

(geez I shouldn't post anything after midnight +_+ )

XDDD I expected crack answers for this topic as we'll never know what training methods Mikoto used for Arika. ;p Don't worry so much, Narseh. *poke*
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by roxas <3 Arika Yumemiya Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:23 pm

not to say i did not like yall thing but come
the Cat Goddess must had made Arika cook
for her if she did not do it right she hit her head
so to add this up the cookin was the power boost
lol
even if am wrong she must had made her run like hell
through the woods they had like wat happen in these dumb
movies when u run through this lake in the wood an u bein chase
by a MONKEY THAT WANT TO EAT UR SOUL
roxas <3 Arika Yumemiya
roxas <3 Arika Yumemiya
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Bubuzuke points : 1905
Armitage GUTS!!! : 79

Back to top Go down

Post by Sergay Tate Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:04 am

wasn't there a decent time difference in between the episodes where Arika is training/returns? my memory tells me that there is, but i'm not 100% on the matter. that being said, i reckon Mikoto helped her to unlock more of the power of the blue sky sapphire, as the gem alone is immensely powerful. Mai did learn from Mikoto too, but remember Luu, she's been out of practice for quite a few years now lol.

failing a logical answer... i think while Mikoto was toying with Arinko-chan, Mai might've been lacing her food with some kind of herbal steroids...
Sergay Tate
Sergay Tate
Cat Goddess
Cat Goddess

Bubuzuke points : 5920
Armitage GUTS!!! : 724

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:38 pm

Sergay Tate wrote:wasn't there a decent time difference in between the episodes where Arika is training/returns? my memory tells me that there is, but i'm not 100% on the matter. that being said, i reckon Mikoto helped her to unlock more of the power of the blue sky sapphire, as the gem alone is immensely powerful. Mai did learn from Mikoto too, but remember Luu, she's been out of practice for quite a few years now lol.

failing a logical answer... i think while Mikoto was toying with Arinko-chan, Mai might've been lacing her food with some kind of herbal steroids...

I don't believe so, unless time runs slowly in the Black Valley? Most unlikely, but it would explain how Arika can get enough training. Once she obtained the full power of the Blue Sky Sapphire ( *sniff* bai bai mama... ), Arika is officially stronger than Mikoto. Which was obviously the goal of the training. I believe Mikoto even said something along the lines of "That Harmonium girl is a lot stronger than you."
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sergay Tate Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:25 pm

i see... my mistake then.

unless... the room from DBZ comes to mind lol, where 1 day is a year or whatever it was... possible few years of training? xD highly unlikely lol. OR liike King Kai's little planet where gravity is maximum, but it would've shown something...

maybe she just suddenly realised what she had to do and focused on it? Arika Yumemiya lol
Sergay Tate
Sergay Tate
Cat Goddess
Cat Goddess

Bubuzuke points : 5920
Armitage GUTS!!! : 724

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down