Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random articles and trending news stuffs~

+3
ookamidesu
Luu Sky Sapphire
Yuri-hime
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Random articles and trending news stuffs~ Empty Random articles and trending news stuffs~

Post by Yuri-hime Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:00 pm

Just because this forum needs a thread like this, for people to just be able to talk about all the many interesting things that go on in our world =3

First up -

*brain breakage* How does this epic artist make these pictures look so real? O.o

http://news.yahoo.com/photos/alexa-meade-photos-imitate-paintings-1319236464-slideshow/

And second -

I was sure this was what was going to happen at the NY protests -

http://news.yahoo.com/oakland-tense-police-protesters-clash-100606437.html

Glad Luu and I were able to escape this kind of deadly drama happening to us.

Yuri-hime
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 1178
Armitage GUTS!!! : 347

Back to top Go down

Random articles and trending news stuffs~ Empty Re: Random articles and trending news stuffs~

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:26 pm

O_O That is a mind boggling work of art!

Oop! There goes the tear gas! :) Luckily we got out before any further damage was done. >:3 God bless that Barnes and Noble that awaited us~

Nice thread, baby! I figured we could use a thread like this for news reports. ^^; I had an Amy Winehouse article earlier but it disappeared on me.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Random articles and trending news stuffs~ Empty Re: Random articles and trending news stuffs~

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:01 pm

bump

Yesterday's new episode of South Park was making fun of the protests. o_o That was fast, then again the series only focuses on current events now, rather than original material.

The following is more entertainment news than actual news, but whatever:

‘Interview With The Vampire’ Author Knocks ‘Twilight’, and a Comedian Sues Kim Kardashian Over Divorce

A vampire rivalry is brewing. Anne Rice, author of the popular 'Vampire Chronicles' series that includes 'Interview With the Vampire,' took to her Facebook page to knock the author of 'Twilight,' Stephenie Meyer. Rice said her vampires would "feel sorry for vampires that sparkle in the sun," as the "Twilight" vampires do. She also knocks the fact that the 'Twilight' vampires remain in high school throughout the books. Wouldn't you know it, Rice's Facebook post has exploded. It has almost 9,000 "likes" and more than 1,800 comments. Most cheered her on, saying "Twilight is for kids, and the Vampire Chronicles are adult fiction." But another person said, "Cutting on someone else's success seems more than a little petty to me." The comments escalated so much that Rice stepped in to clarify that "there's plenty of room for a little humour in talking about the various interpretations." Rice isn't the first vampire author to knock Stephenie Meyer. In 2009, Stephen King said, "Stephenie Meyer can't write worth a darn. She's not very good." Which vampire author do you prefer? Rice or Meyer? Tell me on Facebook and Twitter!
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri-hime Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:09 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
bump

Yesterday's new episode of South Park was making fun of the protests. o_o That was fast, then again the series only focuses on current events now, rather than original material.

‘Interview With The Vampire’ Author Knocks ‘Twilight’, and a Comedian Sues Kim Kardashian Over Divorce

A vampire rivalry is brewing. Anne Rice, author of the popular 'Vampire Chronicles' series that includes 'Interview With the Vampire,' took to her Facebook page to knock the author of 'Twilight,' Stephenie Meyer. Rice said her vampires would "feel sorry for vampires that sparkle in the sun," as the "Twilight" vampires do. She also knocks the fact that the 'Twilight' vampires remain in high school throughout the books. Wouldn't you know it, Rice's Facebook post has exploded. It has almost 9,000 "likes" and more than 1,800 comments. Most cheered her on, saying "Twilight is for kids, and the Vampire Chronicles are adult fiction." But another person said, "Cutting on someone else's success seems more than a little petty to me." The comments escalated so much that Rice stepped in to clarify that "there's plenty of room for a little humour in talking about the various interpretations." Rice isn't the first vampire author to knock Stephenie Meyer. In 2009, Stephen King said, "Stephenie Meyer can't write worth a darn. She's not very good." Which vampire author do you prefer? Rice or Meyer? Tell me on Facebook and Twitter!
Lol, I actually showed Dye the video to this article yesterday -

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/trending-now/vampire-chronicles-author-knocks-twilight-public-figure-sues-162007091.html

And we had a good laugh over it XD
Meyers got BURNED by a real Vampire-writing author 8D

Yuri-hime
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by ookamidesu Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:37 pm

Yuri-hime wrote:
Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
bump

Lol, I actually showed Dye the video to this article yesterday -

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/trending-now/vampire-chronicles-author-knocks-twilight-public-figure-sues-162007091.html

And we had a good laugh over it XD
Meyers got BURNED by a real Vampire-writing author 8D

Lol. Indeed. Meyers shoulda just called her vampires unicorns or something... or a mermaid. ^-^;

ookamidesu
ookamidesu
Sexilicious Zhang-papa
Sexilicious Zhang-papa

Bubuzuke points : 8884
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1354

http://jnz5012.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri-hime Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:45 pm

ookamidesu wrote:Lol. Indeed. Meyers shoulda just called her vampires unicorns or something... or a mermaid. ^-^;

LOL! Homg, great link Random articles and trending news stuffs~ 111189

Yuri-hime
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:38 pm

Black rhino given new home

Random articles and trending news stuffs~ Rhino110

The seventh black rhino population established by the WWF Black Rhino Range Expansion Project, was recently released after an epic 1500 kilometer (932 miles) trip across the country. Nineteen of the critically endangered animals were moved from the Eastern Cape to a new location in Limpopo province.

X'D Maybe I'm still somewhat immature for my age, but that photo kills me. So what happens when you take the blind fold off? >:'3 Rhino freak out?

I mean, what if Midori did that to Gakutenou?

Spoiler:

Midori : kekekekekeke!!!
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Defiant Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:40 pm

Two month old news (was just checking on any development) but if you didn´t heard...

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/09/22/us-science-light-idUSTRE78L4FH20110922

As a skeptic I think that most likely there was some interference in the measurment, although they claim they have triple-checked it like 50 times. Definitely would be nice to see new age of physics but at this point even if it were true that would only disprove that light is the fastest particle/wave(of course exept theretical mass-less particle like tachyon), not why Einstein´s special theory of relativity worked(and still works) even though it is founded on wrong assumption.
It would be nice of CERN (or OPERA) to actually build FTL Neutrino drive (and scince fiction writers wouldn´t have to resort to cheats like warp, hyperspace or gravity drive) :]
Defiant
Defiant
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 348
Armitage GUTS!!! : 83

http://www.postavy.cz

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri-hime Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:59 pm

Thought this story was absolutely brilliant, and so so true :3

How Generation X (ages 30-45) ruined Generation Y (ages 14-29) ^^

http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-ways-we-ruined-occupy-wall-street-generation/

Yuri-hime
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:39 am

Old knows, but I'm sure a lot of you heard about the government disabling Megaupload? ^^; Only certain countries can access it from what I've heard.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaglette Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:34 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:Old knows, but I'm sure a lot of you heard about the government disabling Megaupload? ^^; Only certain countries can access it from what I've heard.

America's government is disabling Megaupload?
Chaglette
Chaglette
Archmeister of Fujinoism
Archmeister of Fujinoism

Bubuzuke points : 4959
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1293

Back to top Go down

Post by Defiant Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:01 pm

Nagi wrote:
Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:Old knows, but I'm sure a lot of you heard about the government disabling Megaupload? ^^; Only certain countries can access it from what I've heard.

Isn´t it somehow connected to the SOPA? Although I am far from beeing american citizen, ever since I noticed this is on the table of US goverment I became a suporter of pirate political party, cuzzz I would be pretty pissed if similair law was passed in my country (not that it hasn´t been tried, we stoped it with petition)...

PS: Although URL of MU might be blocked in your area, you can still get to the site through it´s IP adress, which for MU is 174.140.154.22

THIS was definitely a sad news for me, Krtek was my childhood hero :-/

Defiant
Defiant
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaglette Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:41 am

Defiant wrote:
Nagi wrote:

Isn´t it somehow connected to the SOPA? Although I am far from beeing american citizen, ever since I noticed this is on the table of US goverment I became a suporter of pirate political party, cuzzz I would be pretty pissed if similair law was passed in my country (not that it hasn´t been tried, we stoped it with petition)...

PS: Although URL of MU might be blocked in your area, you can still get to the site through it´s IP adress, which for MU is 174.140.154.22

I don't really care if they ban MU in my area as long as they don't ban Mediafire too. >3

Aw D: He led a long life, it's time for him to rest I guess :)
Chaglette
Chaglette
Archmeister of Fujinoism
Archmeister of Fujinoism

Back to top Go down

Post by Defiant Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:33 am

Nagi wrote:
Defiant wrote:
Nagi wrote:

I don't really care if they ban MU in my area as long as they don't ban Mediafire too. >3

Aw D: He led a long life, it's time for him to rest I guess :)

Well, if SOPA and the other thing passes they could disable or block pages (for US) with any copyright concerns, basicaly they can shutdown things like twitter, facebook or youtube based just on one single complain from any user. For example if you post lets say a song on youtube which you don´t own, you might even go to prison and youtube could get blocked just based on that. Hell, they might even block this page for you guys...

Of course companies like Adobe and all Hollywood studios suports that crap because they think they can suck some extra money of it (which I think is not going to happen), on the other hand there are many companies like Google against it. But what pisses me most is that none of those senate represantatives understands how much they can screw the internet and with that one of the few parts of economy that still grows.
Defiant
Defiant
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:45 pm

While downloading anime with my girlfriend earlier, I noticed Megaupload is up and running again.

Megaupload hosts >>>>>>>> government?

I'll be damned. o.o
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Lerena Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:15 pm

This SOPA bill is serious business. I could rant about it for what feels like hours. Akira Okuzaki I have seen information about this bill crawling around tumblr and I must say that I'm extremely opposed to it.
Lerena
Lerena
The Solitary Slytherin Duelist
The Solitary Slytherin Duelist

Bubuzuke points : 3771
Armitage GUTS!!! : 558
Location : In the middle of a dark void containing me and a laptop with inter-dimensional Internet

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaglette Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:44 am

bump

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/outrage-over-human-zoo-indian-islands-114103816.html

What has the world come to?
Chaglette
Chaglette
Archmeister of Fujinoism
Archmeister of Fujinoism

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:51 pm

Nagi wrote:bump

o_o I see enough of a human zoo in the city, I don't need to actually visit one.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaglette Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:44 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:o_o I see enough of a human zoo in the city, I don't need to actually visit one.

It still sucks anyway o___o
Chaglette
Chaglette
Archmeister of Fujinoism
Archmeister of Fujinoism

Back to top Go down

Post by ookamidesu Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:36 pm

Nagi wrote:bump

It's things like these that make me think people are either idiots or evil... and in most cases, both.
ookamidesu
ookamidesu
Sexilicious Zhang-papa
Sexilicious Zhang-papa

Bubuzuke points : 8884
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1354

http://jnz5012.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaglette Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:19 am

ookamidesu wrote:It's things like these that make me think people are either idiots or evil... and in most cases, both.

Hum. This should be FACEPALMED.
Chaglette
Chaglette
Archmeister of Fujinoism
Archmeister of Fujinoism

Back to top Go down

Post by Defiant Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:35 pm

The king is dead...

http://www.megaupload.com/

Long live the king...

http://109.236.83.66/

Revenge is a bitch, ain´t it goverments?Random articles and trending news stuffs~ Anonymous-logo-1
Defiant
Defiant
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:24 am

Being gay is a choice? Sex and the City's Cynthia Nixon speaks on such matters:

As far as Cynthia Nixon is concerned, there's no wrong way to be gay. The Sex and the City actress began dating her girlfriend Christine Marinoni in 2004, following a 14-year relationship with English professor Danny Mozes, the father of her two oldest children. Though Nixon, 45, is an impassioned advocate for gay rights, she has caused some controversy in the gay community for believing that her sexual orientation is a choice.

"I gave a speech recently, an empowerment speech to a gay audience, and it included the line 'I've been straight and I've been gay, and gay is better,'" Nixon tells The New York Times. "And they tried to get me to change it, because they said it implies that homosexuality can be a choice. And for me, it is a choice. I understand that for many people it's not, but for me it's a choice, and you don't get to define my gayness for me."

The actress, now starring on Broadway in the one-woman cancer drama Wit, says she understands why members of the gay community have a problem with her statement. After all, the idea that homosexuality is a choice -- that heterosexuality is the norm, and same-sex attraction can be "cured" -- is a belief that gay activists have fought against for years. However, Nixon says that she's just speaking her own truth, and her fellow gay Americans should "stop trying to make a litmus test for who is considered gay and who is not."

"Why can’'t it be a choice? Why is that any less legitimate? It seems we're just ceding this point to bigots who are demanding it, and I don't think that they should define the terms of the debate," says Nixon. "I also feel like people think I was walking around in a cloud and didn't realize I was gay, which I find really offensive. I find it offensive to me, but I also find it offensive to all the men I've been out with."

The new interview is drawing plenty of fire across the Internet from writers like CNN AMERICAblog's John Aravosis, who worries that Nixon's words will be twisted to serve an anti-gay agenda.

"What (Nixon) means is that she's bisexual, and doesn't quite get that most people aren't able to have sexual romantic relationships with both men and women because they're just not into both genders," writes Aravosis. "She is into both genders. And that's fine. But she needs to learn how to choose her words better, because she just fell into a right-wing trap, willingly."

Most of the criticism boils down to the idea that Nixon should be calling herself bisexual, not gay. For a person who's attracted to both men and women, like Nixon, there is indeed a choice. But for many people, there's only one gender they're interested in dating -- and that leaves no room for choice at all.

Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:09 pm

Renamed this thread to discuss not just news, but also trending articles! I found this old gem:

For every person, there is a different person that first person irrationally hates. For some, this “hate” can best be described as mild annoyance, tinged with jealousy or lack of understanding. For others, the hate does not warrant quotes around it, because it is real. It is completely without true reason or proper explanation, but it’s there. Many people still have it for Angelina Jolie, some have it for Lady Gaga, and I have it for about half of Hollywood, hence why I have devoted an entire job’s worth of words about them.

That is why I am starting a new sub-feature of CABTY to explore that irrational hate, and today, it is directed at Lea Michele. Because I know I’m not alone.

My irrational hatred for Ms. Michele is particularly odd because of the thing that most likely separates me from her other hataz: I don’t watch Glee. When Glee started, everyone I knew from my high school glee club and musical theater days freaked the fuck out about it. As is typical of me, I’m often too lazy to watch a new TV show until I’m finally forced by copious Emmy wins or the thinly veiled threats of friends, or until the backlash pours in, then I feel pretty ahead of the curve.

With Glee, it was somewhere in between. Mid-season one, when they released the first half on DVD, I Netflix’d it and found myself in a state of confused resignation about it. I understood why it was popular, but not that popular. I liked it, but as the season went on and into season two, I saw the same trajectory of Ryan Murphy’s other show, Nip/Tuck, meaning “let’s have a show that’s a bit over the top, but good enough that it works, and then completely drop the whole ‘good enough it works’ part and turn the OTT up to eleven.”

Lea Michele is really annoying on the show. And I realize that’s acting and that’s kind of her job, but as part of this irrational hatred towards someone I don’t know, believing her to be just like her character is perfectly fine. Especially since news of her twuntery does not seem to be greatly exaggerated.

For those of you who do not pour over gossip blogs on a weekly basis, let me tell you about Lea Michele’s rumored personality: she acts exactly like a bitchy theater person.

If any of you were ever in theater, that’s really all I have to say. You get me.

For the rest, basically, she’s an asshole. The kind desperate to have attention poured on her, accolades thrown like roses and to not have to get that by being kind. It started when she was an annoying idiot to a photographer because he had the unmitigated gall to not know her name.

Ever since then, it’s been tale after tale of “Lea Michele’s a big bitch, Lea Michele is trying so hard to be famous, she makes that blonde chick from new 90210 look subtle, Lea Michele makes little girls cry.”

Sure, most people only get into this industry to be famous but look at her face. Every single picture. She will gnaw the fame out of your neck if you try to hide it from her. And there’ve been more than a few reports about how much she hates her co-stars getting HER attention.

Sunday night, Chris Colfer won a Golden Globe. Deservedly. He’s the best part of the show not named Sue Sylvester. Please watch the normal responses of the cast. Then watch Lea Michele.

Other than the general assholery, I have a number of tiny reasons for my loathing (unadulterated loathing; so pure, so strong):

- She’s a PETA member, which means she is a part of that special club of people who care about animals, but not enough to look into an organization that actually helps them.
- There’s two types of people with the unmatched ability to be insanely irritating: vegans and theater people. She is both.
- She tweets stuff lilke this: “Woke up today and it was snowing!!!! So beautiful!!! Spending the day on the couch watching movies, hiding out from the snow!!! :)”

I love true bitches. I’m continuously fascinated by old Hollywood stories of Bette Davis and Joan Crawford, and Julia Roberts is a massive cunt of epic proportions and I love it (I still won’t see her movies, but the love is there). But Hollywood Bitchiness is earned. You do not just receive it like a participation badge and wear it like people care.

What I’m saying is this: Lea Michele has in no way personally offended me. She’s frankly no different than 90% of all famous people. She is a truly gifted singer, and it’s nice to see a “different” looking girl get famous, proving once again that we are all beautiful as long as we are skinny. Also, one could correctly argue that she is in no way famous or important enough to warrant this kind of vitriol. But that’s the thing about irrational hatred. Once it’s there, it is a plague. A pox upon my column. I hate her. And I am comfortable with this.

Let’s talk about you. I know you hate people, too. Don’t be the cool internet person who suddenly doesn’t care. You hate SOMEONE. Tell it. That’s why god invented comments.

---

My thoughts? Lea can sing, no doubt about it. If she actually shares the same ego that her character Rachel Berry has on the show, then we'd probably never get along. So while I can't hate Lea, I can understand why people would think she's a cunt.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaglette Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:07 am

God this. It makes me so pissed when these kind of things happen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=mhee&v=IwvNRKqldyk

SHE GAVE YOU THE FUCKING SEAT ALREADY WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT?

Last edited by Nagi on Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Chaglette
Chaglette
Archmeister of Fujinoism
Archmeister of Fujinoism

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next