Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chance Triangle/Pop Session

2 posters

Go down

Chance Triangle/Pop Session Empty Chance Triangle/Pop Session

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:58 pm

Chance Triangle/Pop Session

Chance Triangle/Pop Session 51WOGpubYSL
Chance Triangle/Pop Session PDVD_002-17
Chance Triangle/Pop Session PDVD_003-14
Chance Triangle/Pop Session PDVD_006-5
Kisaragi Akiba
Chance Triangle/Pop Session PDVD_005-6
Reika
Chance Triangle/Pop Session PDVD_008-4
Akari
Chance Triangle/Pop Session PDVD_004-11
Yuki
Chance Triangle/Pop Session PDVD_007-4
Nozomi

I've been meaning to create a thread dedicated to what I personally consider, the greatest 13 episode series of all time, but something always got in the way. Mostly time. XD nao I'll save time by posting my old review of it:

---

Chance Pop Session. Where do I start? This anime was one of the very few that touched me with it's story about starting from the bottom, then rising all the way to the very top. The art is unique and the English voice acting is perfect. While the Japanese seiyuu are amazing, top notch English voice actresses like Shelley-Black, Monica Rial, Christine Auten, Hilary Haag, Kelli Cousins, (and my all time favorite...) Tiffany Grant have done wonderfully to bring their girls to life. The English VAs never came up short and really nailed who they were playing. ADVFilms has been gifted with the best in voice acting (now they're working for FUNimation). Chasing dreams and being inspired is never cliche, it's what normal people face everyday and it's wonderful to see an individual complete his/her mission. Chance Pop (Triangle) Session is that story.

The story is about three girls, each one comes from a different background and lifestyle. They all attend a concert which features blond bombshell/singing sensation Reika. Reika is one hell of a singer from watching the first episode, it's no wonder the girls became inspired. All three girls, now inspired by the beautiful blond, have set a goal to become singers. First we have: Akari, the easy going polite girl who sings like an angel, always had the talent and never showcased it until now. Second, Yuki: Yuki started out as a crew member for Reika's concert. She works several jobs, saving up for her chance at singing. Third, Nozomi: Nozomi comes from a rich family with over-protective parents, but her obsession for Reika has given her a push to become singer as well.

All three girls eventually overcome the odds and end up becoming R3, a trio group. However, there's a connection between the three and many road blocks they must overcome to succeed. In addition to their story, the touching and powerful moments between strict, but intelligent manager Kisaragi Akiba and adopted daughter (who turns out to be Reika) are beautiful to watch.

The music is amazing. People have complained that the same song repeats itself, however I feel that each song can be heard a million times but they never grow old. The entire Chance Pop Session soundtrack was stuck in my head for a long time; can't say that about most anime soundtracks. And I don't care what anyone says, "Priority" is one of the greatest J-POP songs of all time.

This is a story about overcoming the hard life reality and working hard to achieve your goals. Just good old anime storytelling of overcoming the odds and singing, singing, SINGING to your hearts content!

---

Here is the first episode on YouTube, with the rest on animenetwork's playlist.

(no longer available, sadly)

Buy it on DVD from Amazon. You'll love it almost as much as I did. :)

Last edited by Luu Sky Sapphire on Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Chance Triangle/Pop Session Empty Re: Chance Triangle/Pop Session

Post by hildebrant Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:09 pm

I watched an episode of this on one of my first Newtype sampler discs. Good times. Gooood times. God I miss them. the episode was good, nice little slice of life with very wonderful characters. I might give it a shot someday when I get a few other series in my collection out of the way
hildebrant
hildebrant
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 888
Armitage GUTS!!! : 233

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:19 pm

hildebrant wrote:I watched an episode of this on one of my first Newtype sampler discs. Good times. Gooood times. God I miss them. the episode was good, nice little slice of life with very wonderful characters. I might give it a shot someday when I get a few other series in my collection out of the way

Holy crap, I actually got a bump for this thread! There aren't a lot of fans of Chance Pop Session in the world, hopefully you get inspired by it the same way I did. It's one of the all time greats and nobody knows about. Get a hold of one of the old box sets (the latest slimpak is beautiful, utilizing Reika's red themed colors) and watch the rest, it gets better.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:47 pm

bump 

I'm uploading the entire soundtrack of the anime Chance Pop Session! Starting with track 01, "Pure Blue". Sung by the seiyuu of Akari, Yuki and Nozomi of "R3". My favorite 13 episode anime ever.

Chance Pop Session (OST) - Track 01 - Pure Blue

Music from the hit Japanese animated anime series, Chance Pop Session. Also known as Chance Triangle Session. This is track 01 of the album titled "Pure Blue" by Mayumi Iizuka, Atsuko Enomoto and Maria Yamamoto.

Lyrics and English translation for "Pure Blue":

Spoiler:

Chance Pop Session (OST) - Track 02 - Priority

This is track 02 of the album titled "Priority" by Mariko Konda.

Lyrics and English translation for "Priority":

Spoiler:
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down