Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

With the Light

2 posters

Go down

With the Light Empty With the Light

Post by Chibi Rachy Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:40 pm

I'm going to bet that this manga is not really heard of. I'm sure even less have actually read it. Anyway, I've recently started reading With the Light. It's a manga on raising an autistic child. I came across it sometime ago, but never picked it up. There is a pair of autistic twins in the grade I teach though, so when I stumbled across it again, I decided to pick it up.

I've only just started the second volume of it, but each volume is over 500 pages. The story tells about Hikaru Azuma who was born autistic. His parents don't realize it at first, and his father nearly disowns him. The mother, Sachiko, has a hard time believing that her son could be autistic and so ignores the doctors at first. Things change though and soon the family is learning about autism and how to help their son, as well as deal with the cultural issues that come with it. The first volume goes from birth to the 3rd grade. There are 7 of these huge volumes published, which go up to Hikaru's high school years. There isn't going to be anymore beyond that, as the mangaka has passed away.

It really is a touching story. I'm not one for the more slice of life sort of drama stories, but I really enjoy this one so far, and I am happy to continue reading it until I finish. So... tell me if I'm the only one here who reads it XD
Chibi Rachy
Chibi Rachy
Sibylla Aurea of Simoun Fanfic

Bubuzuke points : 479
Armitage GUTS!!! : 174

http://chibirachy.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

With the Light Empty Re: With the Light

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:46 pm

You're the only one who reads it.

There, I told you what you wanted to hear. ;p Never heard of this title before and I'm sorry to read about the mangaka's passing. All the more reason to check this manga out, aside form you recommending it. :o Scans? Or should I just get my credit card ready on Amazon?
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Chibi Rachy Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:50 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:You're the only one who reads it.

There, I told you what you wanted to hear. ;p Never heard of this title before and I'm sorry to read about the mangaka's passing. All the more reason to check this manga out, aside form you recommending it. :o Scans? Or should I just get my credit card ready on Amazon?

Haha very funny Razz

I don't read scans so I don't know if there are scans available. Amazon.com has a bargain book price you can take advantage of, unless they've sold out. It makes the manga $6, but you take the chance of a copy being a bit beat up. Otherwise, you can pay 11.50 or so for a copy. Also, there's one character in the manga named Moe that visually looks like Neviril as a child. Not to mention, her actions are similar too.

With the Light Moe10
Chibi Rachy
Chibi Rachy

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:20 am

:o Don't mind beat up copies at all, and I'll take that risk with a series like this.

With the Light Neviri10

Coincidence? I THINK NOT! XD It'll freak me out even more when I read everything Moe goes through.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Chibi Rachy Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:00 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote: :o Don't mind beat up copies at all, and I'll take that risk with a series like this.

With the Light Neviri10

Coincidence? I THINK NOT! XD It'll freak me out even more when I read everything Moe goes through.

Hah! I did a similar pic comparison in my LJ, except I used both Neviril as a child in the anime, and the fanart piece of her as a child for mine. Moe's actions are what you would expect of a young Neviril and they do reflect the things I wrote for Neviril in my Simoun Kindergarten fics.

As of last night, I finished volume two. I hate where it left off. You see, there had been a change at the school and this teacher...I wanted to strangle her. The teacher was just realizing her mistakes and what she could do when it ended. Thankfully, I'll have volume 3 tomorrow. I think it finishes the late elementary years up and begins the middle school years. I'm not sure though. I can't wait to find out though.

There actually is a TV drama that goes with this, but it's never been subbed here. I can easily get it from y!J, but I won't have any idea what's being said. I'll just know the basics from what I've read.
Chibi Rachy
Chibi Rachy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down