Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

what does everyone think of the Shiznat couple

+11
Zweifel Marguerite
Veronica-Searrs
GAP
ookamidesu
Mai_Tokiha
depression76
Lerena
mandygirl78
Amaya
Luu Sky Sapphire
Miyotakano
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

what does everyone think of the Shiznat couple  - Page 2 Empty Re: what does everyone think of the Shiznat couple

Post by Veronica-Searrs Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:46 am

"That's why Shizuru's love for someone like her is so sweet, I mean how could you not love these two?"

For sure Luu ... I wanted someone who had done the same for me ...

---But your words remind me of a friend who watched Mai-HiME and soon after stopped like it the way he did before just because of the relationship between the characters (ShizNat). It’s sad to know that he’s homophobic. Well, he loves the relationship between Takumi & Akira and Mai & Tate.
Veronica-Searrs
Veronica-Searrs
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 511
Armitage GUTS!!! : 172

Back to top Go down

what does everyone think of the Shiznat couple  - Page 2 Empty Re: what does everyone think of the Shiznat couple

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:25 am

Veronica-Searrs wrote:"That's why Shizuru's love for someone like her is so sweet, I mean how could you not love these two?"

For sure Luu ... I wanted someone who had done the same for me ...

---But your words remind me of a friend who watched Mai-HiME and soon after stopped like it the way he did before just because of the relationship between the characters (ShizNat). It’s sad to know that he’s homophobic. Well, he loves the relationship between Takumi & Akira and Mai & Tate.

XD Lord. I'm most likely more straight than your friend and I have no problem with the homosexual relationships in the Mai-Series. Love is love, accept it!
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Veronica-Searrs Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:10 pm

"I have no problem with the homosexual relationships in the Mai-Series."

Hahahaha, I've noticed it before (well, everybody did so... Luu xD).

Well, I think he overreacted a little and kinda offended me after seeing...

---Meeeeh, I'm still loving him. -q
Veronica-Searrs
Veronica-Searrs
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 511
Armitage GUTS!!! : 172

Back to top Go down

Post by ookamidesu Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:15 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
ookamidesu wrote:And even crazier... NatNao? ShizNao? MaiNao? ShizMai? MaiNat?

I'm quite fond of the crazy crack pairings you have listed. >:3

Could it be that, in terms of fanfiction, people just find it easy to write for ShizNat than any other Mai-Ship? Crack or Canon. Easy street sadly, I'd like to think authors can find a challenge in writing for other couples.

I'm not so much a fan of ShizuNatsu for the fanfiction anymore, I think me and Zhang are on the same page here. ShizNat is a couple I follow through doujinshi and the anime series only.

I actually started off two multi-chapter fics that are ShizNat.
I should finish them though... I really should >.>;;
ookamidesu
ookamidesu
Sexilicious Zhang-papa
Sexilicious Zhang-papa

Bubuzuke points : 8884
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1354

http://jnz5012.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Zweifel Marguerite Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:19 pm

[rant]
Definitely NOT one of my favourite couples,and it's not because I dislike Shizuru.
I am just tired of seeing them everywhere.
If you like this couple,it's fine,I can live with that.Just remember that there are people who MAY NOT like ShizNat.
And,like ookamidesu said,what about other couples?ShizNat steals the spotlight from them.I mean-ShizNat is not the only good couple in Mai-Series.Couples like ShizTom,MaiNat,YoukoMidori,ChieAoi,HaruKino(and PLENTY of others,I just can't name them all!) are awesome too!And some straight couples like TakuAki,MaiTate,MaiReito,ShizReito need some attention too.
[/rant]
Feel free to hate me after this,people. psyduck
Zweifel Marguerite
Zweifel Marguerite
Resident TakuAki fanatic
Resident TakuAki fanatic

Bubuzuke points : 1192
Armitage GUTS!!! : 337

Back to top Go down

Post by GAP Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:54 pm

I just didn't beleive that ShizNAt was that popular, I see amvs on Youtube of that stuff. I just had no idea at the time.
GAP
GAP
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 429
Armitage GUTS!!! : 126

Back to top Go down

Post by Kino karutta-chan Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:16 pm

Shizuru and Natsuki are my OTP well, yeah, I have two of them now, but who cares?? :S. But that doesn't mean that they shouldn't be shipped with other characters. Well, since they are my OTP I wouldn't read these FFs, but when other people like it that way, why not?? ö.ö *shrugs* It's not like I would hate them (and it should be the other way around too, non-Shizuru and Natsuki shippers shouldn't hate Shizuru and Natsuki shippers so that we all can live in peace! I am being silly again :3). Oh, and since I most of the time only ship real couples or more like people who are in love with each other (maybe XD)... - you see ö.ö
...anyway. Ship whoever you want to ship!

PS.: I do crackship Shizuru and Reito sometimes. It's fun :'D
Kino karutta-chan
Kino karutta-chan
Eyes Set to Kk-chan ö.ö
Eyes Set to Kk-chan ö.ö

Bubuzuke points : 7047
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1556

http://kinokarutta-chan.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:58 am

Kino karutta-chan wrote:PS.: I do crackship Shizuru and Reito sometimes. It's fun :'D

Somewhere out there, Kara secretly loves you right now.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by GAP Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:03 pm

Come to think of it, I always thought Shizuru would be shippe dwith Reito when I first saw the series but I was surprised when Shizuru "came out of the closet" if you know what I mean.
GAP
GAP
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 429
Armitage GUTS!!! : 126

Back to top Go down

Post by ookamidesu Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:31 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
Kino karutta-chan wrote:PS.: I do crackship Shizuru and Reito sometimes. It's fun :'D

Somewhere out there, Kara secretly loves you right now.

Lol

Ever thought about other crack ones like ShizTakeda?
ookamidesu
ookamidesu
Sexilicious Zhang-papa
Sexilicious Zhang-papa

Bubuzuke points : 8884
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1354

http://jnz5012.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:43 am

GAP wrote:Come to think of it, I always thought Shizuru would be shippe dwith Reito when I first saw the series but I was surprised when Shizuru "came out of the closet" if you know what I mean.

XD Yes indeed, though I knew Shizuru was gay from the start. Her mannerisms were too different from the other girls at Fuka. :) The 4th omake pretty much sealed the deal and that was very early on.

ookamidesu wrote:Ever thought about other crack ones like ShizTakeda?

o_o No I haven't. Just imagining those two together is a bit creepy...then again:

what does everyone think of the Shiznat couple  - Page 2 PDVD_035

Shizuru is good at teasing men as well. :) There's also Takeda's constant trips to the Student Council Room...
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by mystic gohan Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:37 pm

Most of you already said what I was going to say about this paring so I don't really have much to say.

I'm just not a big fan of this paring. I don't see what the big deal is either.

mystic gohan
mystic gohan
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 127
Armitage GUTS!!! : 58

http://misticgohan.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:30 am

mystic gohan wrote:Most of you already said what I was going to say about this paring so I don't really have much to say.

ShizNat2 When you've been around these two long enough, you start to see the beauty in their relationship. For a lot of people, the first step is liking Shizuru Fujino's character; I know members like MidnightPersona went through this.

Everything is subjective in our fandom of course; I can't even begin to imagine a couple more right for each other than Shizuru and Natsuki.

Last edited by Luu Sky Sapphire on Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Lerena Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:06 pm

Just some more thread contribution (though I have a bit of difficulty keeping the topic on ShizNat at this point).

Shizuru and Reito? I have to admit I've fantasized about putting those two together. It's just wrong to completely overlook other great couples out there. One of my favorite crack couples, ShizNao, would definitely not work out; the two have clashing personalities.

I tend to avoid writing fanfiction for any fandom these days, even Yu-Gi-Oh, because I've realized that it's just easier to write my own stuff instead. Somehow, fanfiction is just not my style anymore. It involves using the work of someone else, and I see myself drifting away from the idea of fanfiction. I keep coming up with ideas for my own characters instead of characters from fandom, which is a state of mind I thought I'd never reach.

If I ever decided to write fanfiction for the Mai HiME universe, it'd probably be HaruKino. They're the closest to a couple I'd be able to write accurately.
Lerena
Lerena
The Solitary Slytherin Duelist
The Solitary Slytherin Duelist

Bubuzuke points : 3771
Armitage GUTS!!! : 558
Location : In the middle of a dark void containing me and a laptop with inter-dimensional Internet

Back to top Go down

Post by SpiralDasher Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:51 am

I'm one of those people that likes to pair one person with one other person, with only a few exceptions. I also like canon pairings best, so needless to say I like Shiznat while dislike pairing them with others (with a single exception here P;).

That said... there's a heck load of Shiznat and while I like reading and writing for them, they aren't my favorite Mai Series pairing, so I get a tired of seeing only them. I make any effort to write other pairings I like, even if they don't get reviews or viewed often. =)

Short version: I like Shiznat, but in smaller doses than people with Shiznat as their OTP.
SpiralDasher
SpiralDasher
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 1200
Armitage GUTS!!! : 400

http://www.fanfiction.net/~littledemoninside

Back to top Go down

Post by mystic gohan Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:35 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
mystic gohan wrote:Most of you already said what I was going to say about this paring so I don't really have much to say.

ShizNat2 When you've been around these two long enough, you start to see the beauty in their relationship. For a lot of people, the first step is liking Shizuru Fujino's character; I know members like MidnightPersona went through this.

Everything is subjective in our fandom of course; I can't even begin to imagine a couple more right for each other than Shizuru and Natsuki.

You may be right. I just don't get it I guess. XXD.

To me its a one sided romance. I don't think Ntauski is all that into the thought of being with Shizuru, but Shizuru is pushing the matter.

Then again that might be the point behind their fandom.

mystic gohan
mystic gohan
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 127
Armitage GUTS!!! : 58

http://misticgohan.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:34 am

SpiralDasher wrote:I'm one of those people that likes to pair one person with one other person, with only a few exceptions. I also like canon pairings best, so needless to say I like Shiznat while dislike pairing them with others (with a single exception here P;).

That said... there's a heck load of Shiznat and while I like reading and writing for them, they aren't my favorite Mai Series pairing, so I get a tired of seeing only them. I make any effort to write other pairings I like, even if they don't get reviews or viewed often. =)

Short version: I like Shiznat, but in smaller doses than people with Shiznat as their OTP.

:) ShizNat fandom shouldn't discourage anyone from writing fics; there is quite a number of couples in the Mai-Series that could be written for. Yeah, barely anyone will give Natsuki x *insert female other than Shizuru* the time of day. Just as long as you and someone else enjoys it, you've succeeded. :)

mystic gohan wrote:You may be right. I just don't get it I guess. XXD.

To me its a one sided romance. I don't think Ntauski is all that into the thought of being with Shizuru, but Shizuru is pushing the matter.

Then again that might be the point behind their fandom.

To me, the one-sided romance is mostly portrayed in the doujinshi where Shizuru plays a sort of "rapist" type with her forcefulness and leek wielding. And though that Shizuru is mainly used for laughs, I can understand why nobody would want THAT Shizuru with CANON ANIME Natsuki.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by SpiralDasher Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:53 am

I don't pair Natsuki with anyone other than Shizuru. Shizuru on the other hand... I have my own crack pairing.
That doesn't mean I haven't tried pairing them with others. I've dipped my hand in and found I didn't like the feeling. There's just one pairing I won't ever try. XD

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:there is quite a number of couples in the Mai-Series that could be written for.
I just wished it was a bit more balanced on what was written and read...
SpiralDasher
SpiralDasher
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:05 pm

SpiralDasher wrote:I don't pair Natsuki with anyone other than Shizuru. Shizuru on the other hand... I have my own crack pairing.
That doesn't mean I haven't tried pairing them with others. I've dipped my hand in and found I didn't like the feeling. There's just one pairing I won't ever try. XD

So NatNao is definitely out of the question. XD That must of been a difficult draft for you. NatNao

I'm on the same boat too; Natsuki can't be paired with anyone else. Ive tried obviously, it just feels off.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by SpiralDasher Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:33 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:So NatNao is definitely out of the question. XD That must of been a difficult draft for you. I'm on the same boat too; Natsuki can't be paired with anyone else. Ive tried obviously, it just feels off.

Mm, I tried writing NatNao and didn't like it. Tried reading Haruzuke and didn't like it. Wrote a little spoof about Shizuru questioning her sexuality with Reito (heavy on the "spoof." It's meant for humor) but I can't see them as a couple. (I say that, but I wouldn't mind reading some more ReitoxShizuruxNatsuki triangles. It's the only love-triangle I've found I like.)

I'll stick with Shiznat. =)
SpiralDasher
SpiralDasher
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:26 pm

SpiralDasher wrote:Mm, I tried writing NatNao and didn't like it. Tried reading Haruzuke and didn't like it. Wrote a little spoof about Shizuru questioning her sexuality with Reito (heavy on the "spoof." It's meant for humor) but I can't see them as a couple. (I say that, but I wouldn't mind reading some more ReitoxShizuruxNatsuki triangles. It's the only love-triangle I've found I like.)

xD I can only make Haruzuke work by having Haruka reach the breaking point of how much she really, REALLY looks up to Shizuru Fujino, to the point of romance. Taking what Yukino said in the anime (about Haruka looking to Shizuru) and working a story around it, basically.

ShizRei is good for laughs I think. Kara of Mai-HiME Abridged Series fame made the idea work in certain rant posts and fanart. They're similar in character so it makes just as much sense as NatNao. XD Adding Natsuki to that mix? I have to read THAT story, it's hard to believe in. XD

SpiralDasher wrote:I'll stick with Shiznat.

Huzzah! ShizNat2
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by SpiralDasher Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:51 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:I have to read THAT story, it's hard to believe in. XD

One I know of: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5868089/1/

I want it updated!! T_T
SpiralDasher
SpiralDasher
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:29 am

SpiralDasher wrote:One I know of: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5868089/1/

I want it updated!! T_T

o_o TransparentLight, who did the 'Falling into you' ShizNat doujin, wrote this! Definitely bookmarking this, thanks Dash. :3
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyria Lightning Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:24 am

As for ShizNat, I have to say: I love it. Even if I rejected it for a few years. Now, why?

Because it got old and also, boring. As some people mentioned it before, you see and read TOO much of storylines that sound very much alike. Always stereotypes, always cliché actions. And not enough psychological background. I like my characters a bit authentic and not only seeing things through the rose colored glasses...

My interest to Natsuki and Shizuru started when I thought about several options. If they would really start a relationship, it would be hard - taking a LOT of work on both sides. And it would consume a lot of time, tears and misunderstandings. "growing" from like to love needs time and patience. And as for Natsuki, I think she needs a LOT of time. And Shizuru is surely willed giving her the time she needs. But what, if she starts growing impatient and pushy? Conflicts granted. I think that Shizuru is not the perfect person, she also makes mistakes (we all could see where those mistakes ended ^^; ).

Most fanfictions and doujinshi just SKIP that. You read about a happy couple, being as close as only soap-bubble-reality could be. (in my first longer fic, I made the same mistake, maybe influenced by the wrong things.) This couple surely is more 3dimensional than others and not the typical top/bottom story, so it has potencial.

I learned one thing after some time: people have to tolerate other people's favourite pairings. If someone thinks that ShizNat is overrated, they think so. They have several reasons for their opinion. If they prefer Nao/Nat or Shiz/Nao, let them be :)

I also became interested into Nao and Natsuki, since it's the "hate/love" relationship (most people would compare that with Sanji/Zoro from One Piece XD). they surely wouldn'T be the PERFECT couple or even a couple at all. while... being "roommates", having their discussions, escalating situations with a rather dumb move from one side and passionate (caused by anger) intercourses? I can see it.

So... yeah. ShizNat is overrated. I admit that much. But it always depends on how you look at it. Is it overrated because of the wrong view at them? ShizNat1 I mean... each fandom got their overrated couples...

*sneaks off*

(eeh. didn't make much sense, right? But I hope you know what I wanted to point out. Chaotic thoughts so not ftw .__. )
Valkyria Lightning
Valkyria Lightning
The Apex Asexual Predator struck by FLightning
The Apex Asexual Predator struck by FLightning

Bubuzuke points : 2299
Armitage GUTS!!! : 740

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:52 am

ShizNat2 Made perfect sense, Narsi-chan. Your thoughts on the subject aren't that different from my own, only I have no interest in NatNao. xD

Most fanfictions and doujinshi just SKIP that. You read about a happy couple, being as close as only soap-bubble-reality could be. (in my first longer fic, I made the same mistake, maybe influenced by the wrong things.) This couple surely is more 3dimensional than others and not the typical top/bottom story, so it has potencial.

In Mai-HiME, Shizuru and Natsuki in were two very lonely people who found comfort in each other and overcame the odds with the power of love. Natsuki Kuga becoming an understand individual when she was vengeful person just a few episodes ago, is great character development. The doujinshi only capture their togetherness, mixed with a lot of naughty comedy. Leek wielding Shizuru never comes to mind when I think of the anime series. :)
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2