Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Read or Die

+3
Luu Sky Sapphire
ookamidesu
Judamacaby
7 posters

Go down

Read or Die Empty Read or Die

Post by Judamacaby Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:08 pm

Today we're going to discuss my new favorite show.

I got into it over Christmas. I rented the movie (OVA) from Netflix and seriously...obscure superpowers? Hot librarians? Sign me up. It was a great show with really campy spy music and I LOVED it. Then I watched the TV show. Pretty much every character from the OVA, aside from the main three, turned out to be insane. The plot gets a little weird sometimes, but other than that, it's a pretty fantastic series. Has anyone else watched it?
Judamacaby
Judamacaby
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 17
Armitage GUTS!!! : 7

Back to top Go down

Read or Die Empty Re: Read or Die

Post by ookamidesu Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:23 pm

I have I have!!

I loved it. XD
ookamidesu
ookamidesu
Sexilicious Zhang-papa
Sexilicious Zhang-papa

Bubuzuke points : 8884
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1354

http://jnz5012.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:00 am

I've always enjoyed the Read or Die OVA a lot. Yomiko x Nancy "The Deep" are instant LOVE for me. :3 The action sequences (even in the television series) were some of the best I've seen in any anime.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by zanekal1 Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:40 pm

Judamacaby wrote:...obscure superpowers? Hot librarians? Sign me up.
Sign me up indeed!!!!!!I still owe you a debt of gratitude for mentioning this series in the chat :)
zanekal1
zanekal1
Looks like a Yukino tastes like a Chie
Looks like a Yukino tastes like a Chie

Bubuzuke points : 628
Armitage GUTS!!! : 248

http://krypton619.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by cecirdr Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:48 pm

I have this OVA...totally love Yomiko and Nancy. I remember the first time I watched it I got so peeved at Nancy at the end.

I haven't seen the TV series, but I wonder if I'd like it. I've heard that the characters in the TV show aren't nearly as powerful as "The Paper" so I might have to do a bit of adjusting my expectations.

I'd love to see some follow up on how the Nancy clone from the OVA fared.
cecirdr
cecirdr
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 40
Armitage GUTS!!! : 13

Back to top Go down

Post by depression76 Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:51 pm

I LOVE THIS SERIES!!

I always thought librarians are yucky, especially that one, but Yomiko was the savior to that stereotype! She's awesome, funny, and very lovable. The OVA was too short in my opinion, and I was rather confused at the ending.

The TV series, on the other hand, was one of the animes I go crazy about. The great fighting scenes, the great soundtrack, the three's family bond (I'm a sucker for family themed movies)...and loads others. This series is a gem, but not too many people watch it.

Really, if only anyone translated the novel. I'd buy them in a heartbeat @_@
depression76
depression76
White Devil Worshiper
White Devil Worshiper

Bubuzuke points : 7627
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1396

http://daydreamwiththedragon.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SoulEaterHaruhis0s Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:19 pm

Ah, I really enjoyed the OVA! The action was deliciously awesome. Yomiko's an awesome heroine. :D

I've only seen bits of the TV series and I've liked what I've seen. I hope to pick up both on DVD (or Blu-Ray!) sometime later.
SoulEaterHaruhis0s
SoulEaterHaruhis0s
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 156
Armitage GUTS!!! : 57

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1452642/Haruhi_Suzumiya_s0s

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:58 pm

YAY, more R.O.D. fans!

Just in case nobody saw either Mai or General video game thread, here is some Read or Die related news:

Read or Die 76a34410

Read or Die 8a7c2d10

The title was revealed in this week's Weekly Famitsu, and there are even more screens over at Famitsu.com. Additional details about the turn-based combat include the fact that each character in the party corresponds to one of the PSP's face buttons (square, triangle, circle and x), and pressing one will cause that character to attack. Pressing the d-pad will cause characters to shift position, as formation plays a big part in fights.

Heroes Fantasia is currently 60% complete, and due for a Winter release in Japan

If you ever wanted a game along the lines of the Super Robot Wars series but with a ton of your favorite anime characters taking the place of famed mecha, you're in luck. Namco Bandai's Banpresto label has announced the Heroes Fantasia RPG for PSP.

The crossover title will feature characters from a variety of anime, including s.CRY.ed, Darker than Black Ryusei no Gemini, Darker than Black Kuro no Keiyakusha, Sorcerous Stabber Orphen, Sergeant Frog, R.O.D. Read or Die, Slayers Revolution, Rune Soldier, Mai Hime and Blood+.

Phew, that's a mighty heap of anime. The manner in which all of these characters come together is still unknown, but the basic structure of the story involves our world (centered on Japan) and the world of Adroas. Heroes from the aforementioned anime come into play when Adroas is faced with a great threat.

Combat will be turn-based, using parties of four, with control of each freely switched with the d-pad during battle. The developer behind Heroes Fantasia is Witch Craft, who also developed Square Enix's Gleipnora for the Mobage social gaming network and Maho Shojo Lyrical Nanoha A'S The Battle of Aces for PSP.

According to Famitsu, Heroes Fantasia is listed for a Winter release in Japan.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2011/08/03-1/first-screens-of-heroes-fantasia-emerge

The legendary Yomiko Readman fighting alongside some of anime's biggest legends like Lina Inverse and Mai Tokiha will be one heck of a treat.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by depression76 Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:58 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:YAY, more R.O.D. fans!

Just in case nobody saw either Mai or General video game thread, here is some Read or Die related news:

Read or Die 76a34410

Read or Die 8a7c2d10

The title was revealed in this week's Weekly Famitsu, and there are even more screens over at Famitsu.com. Additional details about the turn-based combat include the fact that each character in the party corresponds to one of the PSP's face buttons (square, triangle, circle and x), and pressing one will cause that character to attack. Pressing the d-pad will cause characters to shift position, as formation plays a big part in fights.

Heroes Fantasia is currently 60% complete, and due for a Winter release in Japan

If you ever wanted a game along the lines of the Super Robot Wars series but with a ton of your favorite anime characters taking the place of famed mecha, you're in luck. Namco Bandai's Banpresto label has announced the Heroes Fantasia RPG for PSP.

The crossover title will feature characters from a variety of anime, including s.CRY.ed, Darker than Black Ryusei no Gemini, Darker than Black Kuro no Keiyakusha, Sorcerous Stabber Orphen, Sergeant Frog, R.O.D. Read or Die, Slayers Revolution, Rune Soldier, Mai Hime and Blood+.

Phew, that's a mighty heap of anime. The manner in which all of these characters come together is still unknown, but the basic structure of the story involves our world (centered on Japan) and the world of Adroas. Heroes from the aforementioned anime come into play when Adroas is faced with a great threat.

Combat will be turn-based, using parties of four, with control of each freely switched with the d-pad during battle. The developer behind Heroes Fantasia is Witch Craft, who also developed Square Enix's Gleipnora for the Mobage social gaming network and Maho Shojo Lyrical Nanoha A'S The Battle of Aces for PSP.

According to Famitsu, Heroes Fantasia is listed for a Winter release in Japan.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2011/08/03-1/first-screens-of-heroes-fantasia-emerge

The legendary Yomiko Readman fighting alongside some of anime's biggest legends like Lina Inverse and Mai Tokiha will be one heck of a treat.

It's in PSP right? HMMM..... :evil:
depression76
depression76
White Devil Worshiper
White Devil Worshiper

Bubuzuke points : 7627
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1396

http://daydreamwiththedragon.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:07 pm

:) Yes it is, my friend. Luckily for gamers like me. *hugs my PSP*

Hopefully Nancy "The Deep" Makuhari will join Yomiko in her crossover quest....
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down