Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mai-HiME's Final Battle: Awesome or Letdown?

3 posters

Go down

Mai-HiME's Final Battle: Awesome or Letdown?  Empty Mai-HiME's Final Battle: Awesome or Letdown?

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:07 am

Spoiler Alert! Read at your own risk!

Mai-HiME's Final Battle: Awesome or Letdown?  PDVD_000-22

Mai-HiME's Final Battle: Awesome or Letdown?  PDVD_001-9

Mai-HiME's Final Battle: Awesome or Letdown?  PDVD_002-11

Mai-HiME's Final Battle: Awesome or Letdown?  PDVD_003-8

Mai-HiME's Final Battle: Awesome or Letdown?  PDVD_004-7

When I first saw Mai-HiME Episode 26, I was content with the happy ending. What I wasn't content with was the final battle. The Obsidian Lord/Prince was pretty pathetic. Reito fighting Tate wasn't final battle material, and Mai did her best NOT to fight Mikoto (I can understand this though, given the results.) And to me it just seems like the best fight of the episode was between Kagutsuchi and Miroku and they didn't even focus the cameras on them. *scoff* Maybe I have to rewatch it again. ^^;

Don't get me wrong, I love the happy ending (predictable, I know.) and the build up for the HiME when Mashiro revived everyone. That was a classic moment. I almost (almost mind you) cried when Nao's eye got healed. Her reaction got to me. Then there was Shizuru's apologetic breakdown, which tugged at the heart. Natsuki telling her "it's okay" heightened the emotion.

When the HiME Rangers assembled, I expected a massive confrontation against the Obsidian Prince. ^^; I was wrong. While this was Mai-HiME's first major final battle, it was no Goku vs. Frieza on Namek. Or Sailor Moon vs. Queen Beryl at D-Point for that matter. For an epic series like Mai-HiME, maybe I expected too much. *shrugs* It's not a bad episode, just the final battle could of been better.

Your turn. ^o^
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Mai-HiME's Final Battle: Awesome or Letdown?  Empty Re: Mai-HiME's Final Battle: Awesome or Letdown?

Post by Highman Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:14 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:Spoiler Alert! Read at your own risk!

Mai-HiME's Final Battle: Awesome or Letdown?  PDVD_000-22

Mai-HiME's Final Battle: Awesome or Letdown?  PDVD_001-9

Mai-HiME's Final Battle: Awesome or Letdown?  PDVD_002-11

Mai-HiME's Final Battle: Awesome or Letdown?  PDVD_003-8

Mai-HiME's Final Battle: Awesome or Letdown?  PDVD_004-7

When I first saw Mai-HiME Episode 26, I was content with the happy ending. What I wasn't content with was the final battle. The Obsidian Lord/Prince was pretty pathetic. Reito fighting Tate wasn't final battle material, and Mai did her best NOT to fight Mikoto (I can understand this though, given the results.) And to me it just seems like the best fight of the episode was between Kagutsuchi and Miroku and they didn't even focus the cameras on them. *scoff* Maybe I have to rewatch it again. ^^;

Don't get me wrong, I love the happy ending (predictable, I know.) and the build up for the HiME when Mashiro revived everyone. That was a classic moment. I almost (almost mind you) cried when Nao's eye got healed. Her reaction got to me. Then there was Shizuru's apologetic breakdown, which tugged at the heart. Natsuki telling her "it's okay" heightened the emotion.

When the HiME Rangers assembled, I expected a massive confrontation against the Obsidian Prince. ^^; I was wrong. While this was Mai-HiME's first major final battle, it was no Goku vs. Frieza on Namek. Or Sailor Moon vs. Queen Beryl at D-Point for that matter. For an epic series like Mai-HiME, maybe I expected too much. *shrugs* It's not a bad episode, just the final battle could of been better.

Your turn. ^o^

After six years, you still get emotional about I mean there was nothing wrong with the final episode or was it?

But they rushed it too much, forced drama and even hype building to this. But I'm not whining over it way. It was a good ending but the one thing I want are we having a saga for HiME only. When I heard they were focusing on Otome, I just got angry about instead knowing more about the HiME's story.

If they try to connect it Otome for the upcoming saga, I promise this would be more worse than the Gundam Seed fiasco. More confusing and wasted story, simple as that.
Highman
Highman
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 634
Armitage GUTS!!! : 113

Back to top Go down

Mai-HiME's Final Battle: Awesome or Letdown?  Empty Re: Mai-HiME's Final Battle: Awesome or Letdown?

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:50 pm

Yeah, I'm a pansy like that. :) No, it's just the magic of a good series. A bad series wouldn't get any kind of reaction from me.

I believe everyone was also angry about SUNRISE's little joke movie trailer. That was the worst Rick Roll we Mai-fans could ever receive and it's sad. It was a huge miss to pass up on a feature film with Arika as the main villainess. SUNRISE doesn't seem to have a tight grip on the ball, it just keeps dropping.

Off-topic, but I have to know abut the Gundam Seed fiasco. Not a Gundam follower, but I'm curious. Short as humanly possible, what was the fiasco about?

Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Highman Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:49 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:Yeah, I'm a pansy like that. :) No, it's just the magic of a good series. A bad series wouldn't get any kind of reaction from me.

I believe everyone was also angry about SUNRISE's little joke movie trailer. That was the worst Rick Roll we Mai-fans could ever receive and it's sad. It was a huge miss to pass up on a feature film with Arika as the main villainess. SUNRISE doesn't seem to have a tight grip on the ball, it just keeps dropping.

Off-topic, but I have to know abut the Gundam Seed fiasco. Not a Gundam follower, but I'm curious. Short as humanly possible, what was the fiasco about?

It was a good series but I wished it would continue when it left off. I have no problem with fake movie but Sunrise should've made alot of money but the missed opportunities including the Big Bang Theory. Matter of fact, they were positive stuff from fake HiME movie trailer (just forgot about that).

Yes because of the Gundam Seed issue was because of it's dragged story and rehashed characters. The first series was good but the second was just plain awful in everyone's opinion. If your going to watch the Gundam Seed series just watch the first but not the sequel.
Highman
Highman
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 634
Armitage GUTS!!! : 113

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:13 pm

Let's talk about some of those positive things. I already mention Arika being evil which at the time of the fake trailer's release, didn't mean anything to me. After seeing Mai-Otome, where Arika built herself as the ultimate Sailor Moon 2.0 babyface, I look back on the fake trailer and see the brilliance in turning Arika into a heel. It would of made an explosive movie. There are some negatives in the trailer though, which would upset the large Shizuru fanbase. As you most likely remember, she appears to be taken out. Not in the same way as Nao (NAAAAAAAAAAAAAOOOOOO!!!) but still out of action. We'll never know.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by SpiderNeKoHiME Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:58 pm

Letdown i say! the hime got together (cool!) and all they did was ram into the core-power source of the obsidian prince (not so cool). i was like 'that's it?' :/
SpiderNeKoHiME
SpiderNeKoHiME
Spider Queen
Spider Queen

Bubuzuke points : 1353
Armitage GUTS!!! : 278

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:02 pm

I know, I KNOW. After all that build up too, you'd think SUNRISE would have the HiME/CHILDs trying to beat the Obsidian Prince to death, with him returning fire on everyone. Leaving Mai to automatically rejuvenate her health like in Halo, and finish him off with the biggest one-hit KO Kagutsuchi blast.

Rolling Eyes Nope. What you see is what you get.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:30 am

Letdown, completely.

I wished it had gone differently, with every Child going insane against its master under the Obsidian Lord's control and their would be dramatic battles and Natsuki would refuse to fight Duran and everyone would eventually try to find a way around it, and then Natsuki shoots Reito in the face with an ice cold bullet.

Then everything returns to normal.

((LOL XD))

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:29 am

Death Row Kruger wrote:Letdown, completely.

I wished it had gone differently, with every Child going insane against its master under the Obsidian Lord's control and their would be dramatic battles and Natsuki would refuse to fight Duran and everyone would eventually try to find a way around it, and then Natsuki shoots Reito in the face with an ice cold bullet.

Then everything returns to normal.

((LOL XD))

The CHILDs turning on the HiME? That actually doesn't sound bad! It would of made a better climax, but SUNRISE didn't think so. ;p Instead they had Tate (who has no powers, just sideburns) battle Reito which resemble a generic kendo match than a battle for the planet. ^^;
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by SpiderNeKoHiME Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:02 pm

tate and reito was too anticlimactic! >< maybe if they were given powers i would understand :/
SpiderNeKoHiME
SpiderNeKoHiME
Spider Queen
Spider Queen

Bubuzuke points : 1353
Armitage GUTS!!! : 278

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:57 pm

SpiderNeKoHiME wrote:tate and reito was too anticlimactic! >< maybe if they were given powers i would understand :/

Reito had some kind of offensive powers as the Obsidian Prince, he just never utilized them properly, thus a suck ass villain. His manipulation skills were better.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down