Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Code Geass

2 posters

Go down

Code Geass Empty Code Geass

Post by SXD Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:28 am

I just finished watching through Series 1, 2 as well as Akito the Exiled.

I don't see any other CG threads, but I cannot be the only person here that loves this series.

My watch order:
I'm a stickler for chronology. Contrary to what is normally suggested, I always watch in chronological order instead of order of release. I've never regretted doing so.
Code Geass: LotR (Lelouch of the Rebellion, not lord of the rings)
Code Geass: Akito the Exiled
Code Geass: LotR R2

It is not really necessary to watch Akito, however the main character and another from LotR DO have a few scenes that set a tone and gives hints which make the transition to R2 a LOT less abrupt (or as I call it S2E1WTFisgoingon?). Akito is also a very good story in it's own right IMO.

That aside I am completely astounded by how good this series is. I ran out of flashy promo anime to watch so thought I'd give this a try. I had seen a lot of positive comments on it,... and now I know why.

Long Short:
Modern day
Wars for territory, revenge, the crown etc
Random but not so random guy gets a power
Other people also have powers
Shifting alliances with family and friends
People actually die
No one is perfect... ESPECIALLY the main character
Tragedy, oh the tragedy, yet there are bits of comedy, just enough to keep it entertaining without turning it into a kids show (which it is definitely not at all).

The second I realized the main character was flawed, beyond what I'm normally used to, I was hooked. And to be honest. I did not and still do not like him,... at all. But the story captivated me nonetheless.

IS ANYONE ELSE HERE A FAN?

I do however have some issues with the summary ova's and the resulting alternate continuation.

SPOILERS HERE ON OUT REGARDING THE ENDING:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Thoughts?

SXD
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 26
Armitage GUTS!!! : 8

Back to top Go down

Code Geass Empty Re: Code Geass

Post by Lerena Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:17 pm

I love this series. My opinion of the main character is different, but I'll admit that I wouldn't be surprised if most people hate his guts. He has done some awful shit. In my case, however, fiction is best written to accomplish things that would never work in real life. The main character doesn't have to be a super moral, stereotypical good person to be well written and engage the audience in a captivating story. In fact, I think I like him, because he's morally questionable and I tend to lean toward having more favorite characters that are at least slightly antagonistic to begin with if not downright assholes. I do have a variety of favorites though and Lelouch, to me at least, is written very well. He gets shit done. While he may not be likable from a realistic perspective, he's definitely part of why I love Code Geass.

If I must be honest, as well, the appeal of this series for me is that the characters feel more human. No one is all good or all evil. They're all in-between and in varying shades of gray. For most of the characters, for example, they all have someone they care about no matter how they may seem at first glance.

Spoilers about the ending:
Lerena
Lerena
The Solitary Slytherin Duelist
The Solitary Slytherin Duelist

Bubuzuke points : 3771
Armitage GUTS!!! : 558
Location : In the middle of a dark void containing me and a laptop with inter-dimensional Internet

Back to top Go down

Post by SXD Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:32 pm

Lerena wrote:While he may not be likable from a realistic perspective, he's definitely part of why I love Code Geass.

That's pretty much how I feel. As I mentioned, he was the reason I got hooked. And I vividly remember the specific moment:

Spoiler:

So yes, I like, that I don't like him. I just say "flawed", which sounds generic, but I can't really say it any other way without spoiling anything. In fact, I agree, all of the characters were written very well. Maybe not all were given enough screen time, but I feel they were all done very well.

Lerena wrote:If I must be honest, as well, the appeal of this series for me is that the characters feel more human. No one is all good or all evil.

Agreed. While some of the characters are initially introduced as good or evil, in the end you find that there are reasons why they did what they did. And for the most part it is all understandable.

Spoiler:

And what's with all the outrage over the table? Of all the way more sick and twisted things that happen in the world of anime... people are going to complain about something this insignificant? I literally brushed this scene off like it was just someone sipping tea. I think people were reading WAY too much into the newspaper picture.

SXD
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 26
Armitage GUTS!!! : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down