Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New valkyrie!

+3
Blackfang64
Luu Sky Sapphire
Maylin
7 posters

Go down

New valkyrie! Empty New valkyrie!

Post by Maylin Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:37 am

Heya all!  Hug

I'm Maylin, May, Lin or... Well, whatever you'd like to call me!(This username was kind of made up on spur of the moment, like yesterday, so I don't really have any preferences just yet. And I really like nicknames, so feel free to go crazy!) devious (like I'm doing with your amazing emoticons.)

Where to even begin with these series' though... Mai-HiME was actually the first anime (aside from pokemon, digimon and such on TV) that I saw, and it, believe it or not, became my gate to "discover" the Internet about... 9 years ago. I got so invested in it from the get-go that I immediately started spending hours reading up on facts and extra material, searching the web for franchise stuff etc. (some time later also watching the Otome series' as a part of that!)

Since then I've probably watched it at least 4 times, read "literally" thousands of fanfictions, (though never written any myself) roleplayed etc. In recent years real life ended up drawing me away from most of the fandoms I used to follow, but a nostalgic YouTube search through my old playlists got me right back on fandom-track!

And me? Well, I'm a soon to be 22 years old girl... Woman... (gosh guys, I forgot, when am I supposed to have become a grown up again?)...student? Trying to delay the day I have to start working by doing a bachelor's in history. My place of residence and birth is the not-actually-that-cold Norway though I've just come back from living a year abroad in actually-very-hot Taiwan.

My all time favourite character from the Mai-HiME anime is the one and only Midori Sugiura(Gakuten-Ou!), drunk though my OTP is (and I'm sure I'm not alone on this one) the legendary Shizuru x Natsuki.  ShizNat2   I'll add that Midori x Youko comes in on a close second though! - And that I have so many characters in these series' that I like so mentioning only one slightly hurts my soul.

Nice meeting you all! (and I've already started stalking your podcasts on YouTube by the way, which are really good!)
Maylin
Maylin
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 8
Armitage GUTS!!! : 3

Back to top Go down

New valkyrie! Empty Re: New valkyrie!

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:55 pm

Maylin wrote:Heya all!  Hug

I'm Maylin, May, Lin or... Well, whatever you'd like to call me!(This username was kind of made up on spur of the moment, like yesterday, so I don't really have any preferences just yet. And I really like nicknames, so feel free to go crazy!) devious (like I'm doing with your amazing emoticons.)

Where to even begin with these series' though... Mai-HiME was actually the first anime (aside from pokemon, digimon and such on TV) that I saw, and it, believe it or not, became my gate to "discover" the Internet about... 9 years ago. I got so invested in it from the get-go that I immediately started spending hours reading up on facts and extra material, searching the web for franchise stuff etc. (some time later also watching the Otome series' as a part of that!)

Since then I've probably watched it at least 4 times, read "literally" thousands of fanfictions, (though never written any myself) roleplayed etc. In recent years real life ended up drawing me away from most of the fandoms I used to follow, but a nostalgic YouTube search through my old playlists got me right back on fandom-track!

And me? Well, I'm a soon to be 22 years old girl... Woman... (gosh guys, I forgot, when am I supposed to have become a grown up again?)...student? Trying to delay the day I have to start working by doing a bachelor's in history. My place of residence and birth is the not-actually-that-cold Norway though I've just come back from living a year abroad in actually-very-hot Taiwan.

My all time favourite character from the Mai-HiME anime is the one and only Midori Sugiura(Gakuten-Ou!), drunk though my OTP is (and I'm sure I'm not alone on this one) the legendary Shizuru x Natsuki.  ShizNat2   I'll add that Midori x Youko comes in on a close second though! - And that I have so many characters in these series' that I like so mentioning only one slightly hurts my soul.

Nice meeting you all! (and I've already started stalking your podcasts on YouTube by the way, which are really good!)

New valkyrie! Downlo26

Nina-chan's request! Not mine, I swear! swoon

Welcome to Mai-Multiverse Forum, Maylin! Nice to see more supporters of Mai-HiME/Otome! You're a mark for Midori Sugiura, I see! You'll definitely fit right along. In fact, being a fan of Midori means you're quite the drinker. Shizuru Fujino

It's always YouTube that reconnects fans to older shows. XD I hate the word "nostalgia" or "nostalgia glasses". Only silly people who desperate want today and tomorrow's media to be hailed at perennial classics (barf) use those terms. Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome are perennial classics; timeless and still hold up today. They were killing off their girls in unexpected ways long before Madoka Magica did! Arika Yumemiya Only a taste of their innovation.

You sound awesome! Enjoy your stay with us! If you need any assistance, contact me or the other moderators any time. You're allowed to bump any topic thread, no matter how old. Or create a new one! Have fun! HiME
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackfang64 Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:21 am

Welcome May, we hope you'll enjoy your time here :) There is a Midori fanclub dedicated to the great sentai leader https://ltahime.forumotion.com/g27-i-m-seventeen-bitches-team-midori

Have fun! :D
Blackfang64
Blackfang64
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 90
Armitage GUTS!!! : 30

Back to top Go down

Post by Break String SpinElf Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:10 am

Hello Maylin/May/Lin,

Welcome to the Forum! Hope you enjoy it here among this wonderful group of people.

Just to introduce myself, if you notice a barely-audible English voice hemming, hawing and muttering incoherently in the podcast, that would be me.

Hope you have a great week!
Break String SpinElf
Break String SpinElf
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 976
Armitage GUTS!!! : 103

Back to top Go down

Post by Ice Silver Crystal Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:01 pm

welcome to this nice Mai Hime forum Maylin-san
^.^ what fanfiction have you read for mai hime?
so many good ones i can't decide! ._.
Ice Silver Crystal
Ice Silver Crystal
Kruger Wolf Pack Puppy
Kruger Wolf Pack Puppy

Bubuzuke points : 1340
Armitage GUTS!!! : 485

Back to top Go down

Post by Maylin Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:14 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
New valkyrie! Downlo26

Nina-chan's request! Not mine, I swear! swoon

Welcome to Mai-Multiverse Forum, Maylin! Nice to see more supporters of Mai-HiME/Otome! You're a mark for Midori Sugiura, I see! You'll definitely fit right along. In fact, being a fan of Midori means you're quite the drinker. Shizuru Fujino

It's always YouTube that reconnects fans to older shows. XD I hate the word "nostalgia" or "nostalgia glasses". Only silly people who desperate want today and tomorrow's media to be hailed at perennial classics (barf) use those terms. Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome are perennial classics; timeless and still hold up today. They were killing off their girls in unexpected ways long before Madoka Magica did! Arika Yumemiya Only a taste of their innovation.

You sound awesome! Enjoy your stay with us! If you need any assistance, contact me or the other moderators any time. You're allowed to bump any topic thread, no matter how old. Or create a new one! Have fun! HiME

My Nina, when you did you become such a forward one~ Flirt

Thank you so much for the warm welcome! Haha, oh yeah I'm a Midori follower alright. Don't know about the drinking part to be honest and I'm not really a beer person, but when it comes to her staying up all night immersed in reading books (when she should've been doing something else) I definitely see myself!

Indeed. I'm actually rewatching the original show with my flatmates as I write, and although I find the first part to be quite messy, I think the plot is highly impressive(especially the second half.) As you said, it was quite groundbreaking for its time and is still standing strong. Both HiME and Otome(although I am one of those who disliked the Otome series when I first saw it. I think I need to rewatch that one as well!)

Thank you so much. I will. Happy

Blackfang64 wrote:Welcome May, we hope you'll enjoy your time here :) There is a Midori fanclub dedicated to the great sentai leader https://ltahime.forumotion.com/g27-i-m-seventeen-bitches-team-midori

Have fun! :D

Thank you so much! Hug Yess, I'll fit right in there!

Break String SpinElf wrote:Hello Maylin/May/Lin,

Welcome to the Forum! Hope you enjoy it here among this wonderful group of people.

Just to introduce myself, if you notice a barely-audible English voice hemming, hawing and muttering incoherently in the podcast, that would be me.

Hope you have a great week!

Thank you for the sweet welcome, you're all too nice. Happy I'm sure I will!

Hahaha, I've not heard your voice yet, but I'm sure I will. (sounds very promising! devious)

Thank you~! You too. Mikoto Minagi

Ice Silver Crystal wrote:welcome to this nice Mai Hime forum Maylin-san
^.^ what fanfiction have you read for mai hime?
so many good ones i can't decide! ._.

Thank you so much! swoon

Such a hard question... There are so many good ones, though I usually like the ones that are the most "popular" ones so to speak.(often the ones with the most comments and such) Not always, of course, but I'd say the "list" below reflects this quite well. Shizuru Fujino

I think my all time favourite is Dezopenguin's EMDN series. It's brilliantly written and as a sucker for murder mystery novels (including Sherlock, of course) this was right up my alley. I'm sure you've also heard of ShayP's work, which is incredibly good(My favourite being "Siren of the sea.") Then there's EvanescentAmethyst's work, also very well written.(And so much more!)

Besides AUs like the ones mentioned above I love post carnival fics like "Learning how to walk" by Shigan and "Crimson and clover" by Dr-Lemona. I don't know if it's because I'm unhappy with how the series ended, as I don't blame the creators for stopping where they did. Most viewers are less interested in seeing the aftermath of something, so it's a rare sight to see any anime actually exploring what comes after dramatic events, such as in Mai-HiME. But it still leaves the viewer with so many questions, which post carnival fics like these might help answering!

How about you? Do you have any favourites? Mikoto Minagi
Maylin
Maylin
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Back to top Go down

Post by franticfranz Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:09 am

Maligayang pagdating sa Mai-Multiverse!
Welcome to Mai-Multiverse!

Franz here! Glad to see a new member in the house. Have fun while you're here!

This'll probably be my last instance to welcome a new member.
franticfranz
franticfranz
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Bubuzuke points : 2192
Armitage GUTS!!! : 273

Back to top Go down

Post by Maylin Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:51 pm

franticfranz wrote:Maligayang pagdating sa Mai-Multiverse!
Welcome to Mai-Multiverse!

Franz here! Glad to see a new member in the house. Have fun while you're here!

This'll probably be my last instance to welcome a new member.

Hi Franz! Thank you so much. You're from the Philippines? I'll try to remember that phrase. Happy Glad to be a part of it.

Ah~ I feel honoured haha. swoon
Maylin
Maylin
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:14 pm

Maylin wrote:
Thank you so much for the warm welcome! Haha, oh yeah I'm a Midori follower alright. Don't know about the drinking part to be honest and I'm not really a beer person, but when it comes to her staying up all night immersed in reading books (when she should've been doing something else) I definitely see myself!

A big time reader? drunk Then I assume you're submerged in Japanese history like Midori-sensei. Or any other fiction/non-fiction goodness you're obsessed with. XD
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by ookamidesu Sat Oct 08, 2016 10:26 pm

Welcome to MM, may! :D

Hope you enjoy your time being immersed with all of our....unique personalities. Wink
ookamidesu
ookamidesu
Sexilicious Zhang-papa
Sexilicious Zhang-papa

Bubuzuke points : 8884
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1354

http://jnz5012.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:17 pm

ookamidesu wrote:Welcome to MM, may! :D

Hope you enjoy your time being immersed with all of our....unique personalities. Wink

My apologies on behalf of Dye, May. She suffers from a lifelong obsession with the same sex. Unique to devious, and concise individuals such as her. X3
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down