Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Should there be a sequel to Mai-Otome? To expand the mythology.

5 posters

Go down

Should there be a sequel to Mai-Otome? To expand the mythology. Empty Should there be a sequel to Mai-Otome? To expand the mythology.

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:52 pm

Should there be a sequel to Mai-Otome? To expand the mythology. Vlcsna59
---

Reason why this topic is here instead of the Mai-Otome section is because I'm one of the fans who believes the anime entire series is one in the same universe. For me, the final chapter so-to-speak was the ending of Mai-Otome Zwei, after Arika and Nina destroyed the alien threat known as Yuna. No more wars, no more evil, everything tied into a nice bow. All we were left with was a cute Ribbon-chan declaring her desire to become an Otome. Should the series continue from here or reboot back to Mai-HiME?

Discuss and share your opinions!
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Should there be a sequel to Mai-Otome? To expand the mythology. Empty Re: Should there be a sequel to Mai-Otome? To expand the mythology.

Post by shezaei-neko Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:18 pm

What about a cross over?
A full cross over this time!! Something like the manga did BUT! well done this time, and of course using the canon-verse of the anime.

The Otome going back in time to help the Hime. Or the Otome summoning the Hime to help them fight against a big evildoer. *3*
shezaei-neko
shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Bubuzuke points : 4088
Armitage GUTS!!! : 756

http://shezaei-neko.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Should there be a sequel to Mai-Otome? To expand the mythology. Empty Re: Should there be a sequel to Mai-Otome? To expand the mythology.

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:49 am

shezaei-neko wrote:What about a cross over?
A full cross over this time!! Something like the manga did BUT! well done this time, and of course using the canon-verse of the anime.

The Otome going back in time to help the Hime. Or the Otome summoning the Hime to help them fight against a big evildoer. *3*
*3* That sounds like a brilliant concept. The time traveling storyline worked for a lot of anime like Sailor Moon R and even movies like the upcoming X-Men film, Days of Future Past. Having Otome era characters meeting HiME era characters in a story involving the merger of two timelines? Perhaps the latest villain is attempting to destroy both for whatever reason? My guess would be something to do with the HiME star yet again or another alien invasion like in Zwei. The Mai-Otome manga's crossover was unexpected and awesome! My only complaint was that it was sort of played for laughs.

Akira Okuzaki But I agree, a time travel story would be the way to go for a series following Mai-Otome Zwei. Ribbon-chan should be the hero this time, just so we can have strong continuity going in. Just don't make the time travel explanations as contrived as Final Fantasy XIII-2 and we'll be golden.

Lightning FF13 : What's that supposed to me? Worst. Birthday. Ever.

Fang : It's nawt yo birtdhey, Sunshine~
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptainVonCookie Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:00 am

It can go anywhere really! The good thing about it is it can be connected in so many different ways, just have Ribbon-chan fall inlove with shiznat's daughter in the past or future and I'm 100% behind it!
CaptainVonCookie
CaptainVonCookie
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 535
Armitage GUTS!!! : 161

Back to top Go down

Post by shezaei-neko Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:40 am

That'd be just simply awesome!!
Ribon-chan with ShizuNatsu's daughter!! I approve!
shezaei-neko
shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:56 am

CaptainVonCookie wrote:It can go anywhere really! The good thing about it is it can be connected in so many different ways, just have Ribbon-chan fall inlove with shiznat's daughter in the past or future and I'm 100% behind it!
shezaei-neko wrote:That'd be just simply awesome!!
Ribon-chan with ShizuNatsu's daughter!! I approve!
That can be easily arranged by the way things played out in the extended ending. @_@ If you watch it back, Shizuru Viola took an immediate liking to Ribbon-chan. As if she had plans or something!

The jokes on you both because the Gakuenchou has no interest in Ribbon-chan. >:3 Just failing at mini-golf for all eternity!
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazulous Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:39 pm

An animated retake with the manga version's robe designs and a serious, action packed revamp of it's plotline would make a guy like me a very happy chap. Alas, that is probably a pipe dream that would never come to fruition. Manshiro, Y u no like Bruce?!

As for a way to continue the anime's universe, I'm all for the 'Back to the Future' concept. That's a whole load of characters though, and I might have a tough time keeping up with that.

They haven't really touched the potential for countryside conflicts; the countries are there, and there's no way in hell they'd all get along like one happy family. Have some evil doers pull some strings, poison some minds and boom, civil unrest/World War II.

In the end, as long as the story is good and the girls look great, I don't really care either way. c:
Kazulous
Kazulous
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 43
Armitage GUTS!!! : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:38 pm

Kazulous wrote:They haven't really touched the potential for countryside conflicts; the countries are there, and there's no way in hell they'd all get along like one happy family. Have some evil doers pull some strings, poison some minds and boom, civil unrest/World War II.
Just like real life! Feels 

According to the story, Arika Yumemiya put an end to wars by the end of the original series. Just like she promised in front of Miss Maria. But like you said, all it takes is some evil doer to weave his or her (preferred) web of manipulation around these nations. Or another enemy from beyond the stars like Yuna in Zwei if human villains are too easy/boring.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazulous Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:26 pm

I'd personally like to see a human type of villain. Some chaotic nutjob or maybe a reserved snake in this sequal.

I could just imagine Arika's internal misery when she's faced with that classic question, if she'd still be the heroine.

"This friend, or that friend? Don't dilly dally dear, cause you can only save one."

Realistic expectations forced on a forever dreamer. (Evil laugh)

Kazulous
Kazulous
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:33 pm

Kazulous wrote:I'd personally like to see a human type of villain. Some chaotic nutjob or maybe a reserved snake in this sequal.

I could just imagine Arika's internal misery when she's faced with that classic question, if she'd still be the heroine.

"This friend, or that friend? Don't dilly dally dear, cause you can only save one."

Realistic expectations forced on a forever dreamer. (Evil laugh)

So you'd like another Nagi Dai Artai with the personality of a Heath Ledger Joker? I thought Sunrise Inc. had that in mind with their Mai-HiME "Movie" idea. Evil chaotic Psycho Arika, haha.

Say Arika is once again the leading heroine, I'd like a villain that threatens her rather than Garderobe, the nations and the planet itself.

Expectations away. That's why this thread is here. Yukino 
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazulous Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:52 pm

So you'd like another Nagi Dai Artai with the personality of a Heath Ledger Joker?
Nagi saying 'Why so serious?'...

The mental image is perfect.

If we're talking expectations, I'd like to see what they'd do with the REM system. I know in the anime that its a sort of 'temporary vaccine' for the Black Valley plague and GEM countermeasure, but I always wondered what sorts of amazing potential could come of it if the system was perfected. Could it replace the GEM system? Does this mean men could fight too?
Kazulous
Kazulous
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:46 pm

Kazulous wrote:Nagi saying 'Why so serious?'...

The mental image is perfect.

If we're talking expectations, I'd like to see what they'd do with the REM system. I know in the anime that its a sort of 'temporary vaccine' for the Black Valley plague and GEM countermeasure, but I always wondered what sorts of amazing potential could come of it if the system was perfected. Could it replace the GEM system? Does this mean men could fight too?
It should be. The guy always has that "Why so serious" look on his face. Even in his ridiculous swimwear:

Should there be a sequel to Mai-Otome? To expand the mythology. Vlcsna70

Clever point about the REM system. Granted, The Aswald believed the GEM system was more useful since they risked life and limb to steal it, but the REM system helped Midori survive battles against various Otome, including a veteran like Shizuru Viola in close combat. Not an easy feat to pull off. I'd like to see this explored in a new series. Perhaps our fantasy villain is the one who exposes the true potential in REM and uses it to her or his advantage.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by shezaei-neko Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:02 pm

I don't remember how the Aswald became sick and to the point they had to turn into robots ala Full Metal Alchemist... Razz

If that was not answered, I'd like to see that evil doer come again and threaten Arika and the Otome with it. Creating an army of REM soldiers super enhaced to defeat the Otome and replace the GEM.
shezaei-neko
shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by firesphere306 Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:36 am

That would be pretty cool. Since I have only seen Otome once, it would make sense for there to be a sequel to that one. )Which by the way I'm getting the DVDs of Otome this week.)

They could expand a lot for there to be another season of it.
firesphere306
firesphere306
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Bubuzuke points : 1571
Armitage GUTS!!! : 212

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:54 pm

firesphere306 wrote:That would be pretty cool. Since I have only seen Otome once, it would make sense for there to be a sequel to that one. )Which by the way I'm getting the DVDs of Otome this week.)

They could expand a lot for there to be another season of it.

You'll be watching all of it during Setsucon 2015 weekend with me. Viola You'll appreciate it better from an adult perspective.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down