Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The previous Five Columns?

4 posters

Go down

The previous Five Columns? Empty The previous Five Columns?

Post by Magus Phantalus Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:52 am

So can anyone help me I've been wondering what's up with the previous Columns?

You know weapons, robes, GEMS, personalities the whole caboodle so little was shown and I'd love to know more about my future Nobodies... I mean I am interested from a purely academic perspective.
Magus Phantalus
Magus Phantalus
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 613
Armitage GUTS!!! : 148

Back to top Go down

The previous Five Columns? Empty Re: The previous Five Columns?

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:13 pm

If you mean Una Shamrock and her crew, I'll gladly assist in a future post. If you mean any other Column from before the events of S.ifr that were mentioned in artbooks and fanbooks...then you may be disappointed.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Magus Phantalus Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:23 pm

Una's crew so little info was given about them and although the hime of the anime are my all time favorite characters the characters from sifr are a close second especially Una and the columns.

On a side note they way I go on about my litttle project I better get back to it soon.
Magus Phantalus
Magus Phantalus
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by ookamidesu Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:38 pm

I found some info from this site: http://some-other.wikia.com/wiki/Five_Columns

Anyway, long story short:

Column I: Elliot Chandler - GEM: GalacticaMarine - Weapon: Personal Cloak
Column II: Una Shamrock - GEM: Bewitching Smile Amethyst - Weapon: Naginata?
Column III: Rei Juckernaut - GEM: Intensly Playing Peridot - Weapon: ???
Column IV: Irma van de Velde - GEM: Whirlwind Rose Quartz - Weapon: ???
Column V: Kyoko Tsumabuki - GEM: Ice Silver Crystal - Weapon: Large gun
ookamidesu
ookamidesu
Sexilicious Zhang-papa
Sexilicious Zhang-papa

Bubuzuke points : 8884
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1354

http://jnz5012.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:15 pm

Whoo! Great information, Dye! For poor Mag's sake, I'll be going in-depth with each warrior woman as possible. Stay tuned for a future post, gotta get images together.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Magus Phantalus Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:42 pm

I appreciate any help anyone can give. Especially pics, I'd really appreciate some pics. Pwease pwetty pwease with sugah on top?
Magus Phantalus
Magus Phantalus
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Magus Phantalus Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:46 pm

Sooo any uh help for a poor poor ommnicidal magus?
Magus Phantalus
Magus Phantalus
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:26 pm

Magus Phantalus wrote:Sooo any uh help for a poor poor ommnicidal magus?

Haha! My bad dude, I'll have the information and images posted tonight. It may be a tad lengthy, so watch out. Razz
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:46 am

Welcome to my full rundown on information for the Five Columns during the S.ifr era. Dye already provided some information on the Columns. What's this? Missing weapon details? Let's change that, shall we? I will be talking about one Column for now and the rest tomorrow (my girlfriend is distracting me at the moment...), going over their weapons, technology and other random bits of information. The following Columns/Pillars are listed as ordered:

Column I: Elliot Chandler - GEM: Galactic Aquamarine

The previous Five Columns? Vlcsn802_800x600

Elliot Chandler, nicknamed "Eli-chin", is #I of the Columns. Despite the ranking, she is not quite leader material. Elliot rightfully follows orders from the current Gakuenchou (Headmistress) of Garderobe, Una Shamrock. Her GEM is the Galactic Aquamarine, the very GEM that would eventually be passed onto Sara Gallagher. Elliot is also famous for having a serious attraction to Lena Sayers. It's sort of implied that they had their wild nights in the past. Even with Lena being no longer interested, Elliot remains faithful to her. During an incident at a gala, Lena is forced to materialize into the Lofty Crimson Jade to fight off Schwartz and the Aswald. It is here where Elliot must complete her mission to kill Sifr Fran under Una Shamrock's orders. Refusing all orders, Elliot joins with Bruce Wallace, Shion, Raquel and Lena to rescue Fran.

Elliot's powers/abilities are through her Galactic Aquamarine. The standard flight, heightened super strength and speed are added, along with an array of unique moves. She tosses a massive boomerang-scythe like weapon at opponent, causing brutal damage. In her fight against the android M-9, she is seen launching multiple boomerang-scythes at a time. It's even used as a melee weapon for close encounters. She is also equipped with a cloaking device that makes it difficult for enemies to spot her, with the exception of her battle against M-9, who was able to spot her movements and incoming attacks.

---

Coming later today: The rest of the Columns.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuga Natsuki Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:06 am

ookamidesu wrote:
Column II: Una Shamrock - GEM: Bewitching Smile Amethyst - Weapon: Naginata?
Ara, blood relative of Shizuru much?

Viola : We'll never know~
Kuga Natsuki
Kuga Natsuki
Space Samurai Marshall Banana
Space Samurai Marshall Banana

Bubuzuke points : 9709
Armitage GUTS!!! : 593

http://stargazerium.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:46 am

Nymphetamine wrote:
Ara, blood relative of Shizuru much?

Viola : We'll never know~

This will be covered as well. Viola

I'll have my post ready when I return from work, just need to write up Irma's bio. Look forward to it!
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:15 pm

Column II: Una Shamrock - GEM: Bewitching Smile Amethyst

The previous Five Columns? Vlcsnap-2013-01-29-23h22m06s27

Una Shamrock is Number II of the Five Columns and holds the Bewitching Smile Amethyst GEM (that Shizuru Viola will eventually use). She is the Headmistress/Gakuenchou of Garderobe and overall leader of the Columns. Shamrock is a direct, commanding, strict, cynical and powerful woman. Her main objective in the events of the S.ifr OVA series is the termination of Sifr Fran before her powers as a Weaver are used as a weapon by Schwartz. Una is usually seen with Irma van de Velde, possibly hinting that they are discreet lovers. It would make sense if they were, as a symbolic tie-in with Shizuru Viola x Natsuki Kruger in the future.

The previous Five Columns? Vlcsnap-2013-01-29-23h00m11s187

The previous Five Columns? Vlcsnap-2013-01-29-22h59m52s254

Una's extreme measures are just the beginning of her power as Gakuenchou, the series also hints at some animosity between Una and Maria Graceburt. Una's entire plot to assassinate Sifr Fran was all behind Maria's back. With Maria none the wiser, Una became very close to accomplishing her mission. However, Una met defeat at the hands of Lena Sayers after she took the Blue Sky Sapphire's power to it's maximum potential. Una, along with Irma, Kyoko and Rei were all defeated easily by Lena.

Una is also seen as a high ranking commander, leading her ships and Otome across dangerous regions where giant creatures reside. She is very intelligent, using every tactic to her advantage. To her, the pawns go first when it comes to dirty work. In the role of commander, Una Shamrock never participates in battle with weaker foes.

The previous Five Columns? Vlcsnap-2013-01-29-23h26m22s27

With her GEM being the Bewitching Smile Amethyst, her main Element consists of a double-edged sword with curved blades that extend into whip-like chains. In addition to her super strength, enhanced speed, ability and flight. Una also seems to be the only Column able to shut down an Otome's powers. She was able to disable Elliot Chandler's GEM during their confrontation. Some people have mentioned that this only works on on the Five Columns, but then Lena (who isn't a Column) mentions Una cannot shut the Blue Sky Sapphire with the power of ARTEMIS. Hinting that any Otome from Coral to Column can lose their authorization if Una chooses.

The previous Five Columns? Vlcsnap-2013-01-29-23h25m25s224

The previous Five Columns? Vlcsnap-2013-01-29-23h25m18s156

Up next, the final three Columns.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Magus Phantalus Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:37 pm

I thought Una used a whip sword with a single blade.

That bit about her being able to shut off the powers of other otome could prove useful if it can be enhanced with the pieces of the Obsidian Lord Una would make a perfect second/ Lieutenant to Magus Phantalus and Magus Antithesis.

Elliot will be problamatic even as a Nobody should she be summoned with Lena the timing must be perfect. As Lena will still undoubtedly sacrafice herself even though she isn't this world's Arika's mother.

I thank you Luu this data is invaluable I look foward to more.
Magus Phantalus
Magus Phantalus
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:10 pm

Magus Phantalus wrote:I thought Una used a whip sword with a single blade.

That bit about her being able to shut off the powers of other otome could prove useful if it can be enhanced with the pieces of the Obsidian Lord Una would make a perfect second/ Lieutenant to Magus Phantalus and Magus Antithesis.

Elliot will be problamatic even as a Nobody should she be summoned with Lena the timing must be perfect. As Lena will still undoubtedly sacrafice herself even though she isn't this world's Arika's mother.

I thank you Luu this data is invaluable I look foward to more.

Details. I'd be more specific with her Element if Otome had a scene that went over technical specs of everybody's Element. That would of been a very cool and informative scene for the audience.

Perhaps with your assistance, Una-sama can get back at Lena Sayers for that defeat. Man, Una is so inspiring, I'm dedicating my next fanart commission to her.

---

Column III: Rei Juckernaut - GEM: Intensely Playing Peridot

The previous Five Columns? Vlcsnap-2013-01-29-23h00m30s134

Column IV: Kyoko Tsumabuki - GEM: Whirlwind Rose Quartz

The previous Five Columns? Vlcsnap-2013-01-29-23h00m35s179

Column V: Irma van de Velde - GEM: Ice Silver Crystal

The previous Five Columns? Vlcsnap-2013-01-29-23h00m41s227

From this point on, the Columns become a bit difficult to distinguish. Most Mai-Series websites and wikipedias point out that Rei, Kyoko and Irma just blindly followed Una's orders without question. Not here. There is a distinction shown with each character. We've already established that Irma works closely with Una Shamrock, probably hinting at a romance between the two. Nothing officially stated, just a theory that Sunrise put them together as a nod to the future Bewitching Smile Amethyst and Ice Silver Crystal, Shizuru Viola and Natsuki Kruger.

There are specific characteristics and action with each girl. Rei seems to be a very silent, yet powerful Otome. She always serious-faced, while her companion Kyoko is the more flashy of the two. During her brief scenes, Kyoko seems to like being the center of attention. Cocky smiles from Kyoko as opposed to the more no-nonsense character of Rei. Irma also tends to be quiet, but mostly talks to Una so she isn't as much of a woman of few words like Rei.

Powers/abilities:

As before, the standard abilities given to their Otome robes are here. Enhanced strength, speed and flight. Irma's Element is the Howling Silver Wolf, a massive ice cannon. There will be no disputing that Irma is a superior markswoman compared to Natsuki Kruger. She nails her targets every time, even one of Lena's after-images. Her shots are dead on perfect.

Rei's Element is a large sword ala Mikoto Minagi's Miroku of Mai-HiME. THEY ARE NOT THE SAME, so get that idea out of your head. I've seen comments on YouTube that mistake Rei for Mikoto's mother. NO. Rei is a completely different character. Rei moves at incredible speed with fierce striking force. Kyoko wields a giant axe Element and appears to equal Rei in speed, since they both connect on Lena simultaneously. Unsuccessfully. Wink

There's also a defensive attack for Kyoko's Element. Her axe is able to unleashed what appears to be a fire based attack. She is in a standing position when it happens, so either she commands the power to unleash or it reacts on command when enemies are close. It's never clear.

The previous Five Columns? Vlcsnap-2013-01-29-23h23m10s151

The previous Five Columns? Vlcsnap-2013-01-29-23h26m56s112

The previous Five Columns? Vlcsnap-2013-01-29-23h24m33s208

The previous Five Columns? Vlcsnap-2013-01-29-23h23m34s143

The previous Five Columns? Vlcsnap-2013-01-29-23h25m57s34

The previous Five Columns? Vlcsnap-2013-01-29-23h26m02s88
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Magus Phantalus Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:48 pm

I thank you for this it was most informative. And I will propose my new data battle in the vs thread soon should Noobhack's battle not be resolved in another week(I know nothing of strike witches so I can't help).

Although admittedly for this data battle Una's role will be minor for good reason she is not a pawn but rather a far more valuable piece such as a bishop. Although the queen(Magus Antithesis) wishes to exercise her power...
Magus Phantalus
Magus Phantalus
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:59 pm

Magus Phantalus wrote:I thank you for this it was most informative. And I will propose my new data battle in the vs thread soon should Noobhack's battle not be resolved in another week(I know nothing of strike witches so I can't help).

Although admittedly for this data battle Una's role will be minor for good reason she is not a pawn but rather a far more valuable piece such as a bishop. Although the queen(Magus Antithesis) wishes to exercise her power...

I've seen Strike Witches, just don't remember much beyond the first season. The girls supposedly get more powerful later on, so I can't really determine anything for now.

On topic, you're welcome. Not just for thanking me, but also not thinking of Una-sama as a pawn. She's too good for that. Arika Yumemiya
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down