Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why Luu Sky Sapphire loves Una Shamrock [Mai-Otome 0~S.ifr~]

4 posters

Go down

Why Luu Sky Sapphire loves Una Shamrock [Mai-Otome 0~S.ifr~] Empty Why Luu Sky Sapphire loves Una Shamrock [Mai-Otome 0~S.ifr~]

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:36 pm

Why Luu Sky Sapphire loves Una Shamrock [Mai-Otome 0~S.ifr~] PDVD_002_720x480

I'm a little late with my promised explanation to why I love Una Shamrock. Your admin is quite aware of this, so please silence your tongues before I cut them off. :)

So why do I like Una Shamrock? I suppose all blame can be placed upon how much of an impact she's made in three episodes. Una Shamrock is immediately introduced to us as the former Gakuenchou (Headmistress) of Garderobe. Not only that, she is also part of the Five Columns under her GEM of the Bewitching Smile Amethyst. From here, we can see that she is involved in shady activity that Elliot Chandler seems to be uncomfortable with. Could her roles in this universe be anymore important? <3

This is where my interest in her truly began. Before we delve deep into her personality, I must comment on her physical appearance. Una Shamrock is a GORGEOUS woman. One of the better looking women in the Mai-Otome universe. I have a 'thing' for short haired women. They tend to be uber serious and no-nonsense, which turned out to be the case here. Did I mention that Una's boobs are really nice? Well, they are. :)

Why Luu Sky Sapphire loves Una Shamrock [Mai-Otome 0~S.ifr~] Una%20shamrock1

Why Luu Sky Sapphire loves Una Shamrock [Mai-Otome 0~S.ifr~] PDVD_057_720x480

Una's personality was just that, a no-nonsense woman who firmly believed in her own decisions and actions to safeguard Garderobe. Schwartz and not knowing anything about Sifr Fran was enough to drive Una into a state of paranoia. This is why I cannot fault Una for being an extremist and a murderer. She only did what she herself thought was right. Forcing Elliot to assassinate Sifr Fran didn't make me dislike her either. All she knew was that Fran is involved with Schwartz. She thought that if they wanted her so badly, she may pose as a treat to Garderobe. To prevent this, she ordered to eliminate her so that Schwartz can't achieve their goals. Do I agree with killing Fran? Of course not, but you can't blame Una-sama for selling out on her morals when she wants to maintain order!

Speaking of selling out, have you girls taken the Kodak printer challenge?

Why Luu Sky Sapphire loves Una Shamrock [Mai-Otome 0~S.ifr~] Kodak10

Here's how it works!

Why Luu Sky Sapphire loves Una Shamrock [Mai-Otome 0~S.ifr~] Kodak_10

Switch your current printer for a Kodak one.

|
|
|
|
V
Why Luu Sky Sapphire loves Una Shamrock [Mai-Otome 0~S.ifr~] Kodak_11

Then see how much money you save over the course of the decade. Or was it a year and not a decade...in any case, here are my results I'm going to share them with you! I've been logging all the times that I've purchased ink and how much I've paid...AND NOW IT'S TIME TO SEE HOW MUCH I'VE SAVED BY USING A KODAK PRINTER! *_*

Spoiler:

>:3 What. AFTER Facking TEN YEARS THAT'S ALL I SAVED!??!?!?!?!?YOU PIECE OF Facking CRAPWHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻
┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻

Anyway, one of the biggest characters positives about Una is all the little things that make up her strict personality. Unlike the lazy, useless and stupid Gakuenchou that takes up the mantle in the original Mai-Otome series, Una Shamrock is a military genius. She is able to lead Otome and various weapon based ships against giant monsters. She is often appointed Captain in these situations, showing that she is experienced as a military strategist. It's refreshing to see the Headmistress be directly involved with Otome-based missions. Gives her character a lot of depth. Unlike that blue haired wolf cub who sits in the chair while constantly drinking tea her girlfriend prepared. Gakuenchou

Why Luu Sky Sapphire loves Una Shamrock [Mai-Otome 0~S.ifr~] PDVD_018_720x480

Una's relationship with Maria Graceburt. In the scene between Una and Maria Graceburt, we can feel the tension between them. It's like they don't really like each other or lack some sort of trust. Maria's hunch comes to fruition after finding out about her little escapade to kill Sifr Fran and Lena Sayers. I would of actually liked to see this explored further. What started this suspicion and mistrust between two of Garderobe finest warrior women? Maria must of discovered Una's extremist ways at some point prior to the events of S.ifr. Maybe this whole issue with Sifr Fran was the first and only time Una acted like this? I refuse to believe it. Una-sama ran the Five Columns like a clique. A gang if you will. Everyone answered to her and nobody said no....until Elliot finally said "enough's enough!" In my mind, Una has a history of unreported brutality. But again, she is doing it to PROTECT the people. She's an anti-hero badass, not necessarily a villain like Grand Duke Nagi or both John Smiths.

Why Luu Sky Sapphire loves Una Shamrock [Mai-Otome 0~S.ifr~] PDVD_082_720x480

Lastly, could this woman be anymore of a badass upon her suspension from Garderobe Academy? She doesn't look sorry for trying to end Lena and Fran's lives, nor is she sorry for letting Maria down. She walked down those steps and out of Garderobe with her head held high. She was wrong to go to such extremes to fulfill safety and stability, but I'll be damned if she isn't remembered as a proud warrior. Her pride wasn't damaged by her suspension, nor being easily defeated by Lena Sayers.

Una Shamrock is the textbook definition of "Head Bitch in Charge" and that my friends, is why I love this woman to death. Sunrise did a great job with the character in such a short amount of time.

Last edited by Luu Sky Sapphire on Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Why Luu Sky Sapphire loves Una Shamrock [Mai-Otome 0~S.ifr~] Empty Re: Why Luu Sky Sapphire loves Una Shamrock [Mai-Otome 0~S.ifr~]

Post by Magus Phantalus Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:51 pm

I loathe to admit it but Una is infinitely more badass than Kruger. One of the reasons I'm not a fan of the various otome verses. That said Una carried herself with a level of poise and dignity that seems to be lacking in the various other my-multiverse canon... especially the manga.

Gakuenchou :Hey I thought I was your favorite!

Silence worm only the anime and EXA versions of you hold my respect! You are nothing more than my vessel until I can recreate a proper physical body!

That reminds me Luu you have given me another Nobody...
Magus Phantalus
Magus Phantalus
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 613
Armitage GUTS!!! : 148

Back to top Go down

Why Luu Sky Sapphire loves Una Shamrock [Mai-Otome 0~S.ifr~] Empty Re: Why Luu Sky Sapphire loves Una Shamrock [Mai-Otome 0~S.ifr~]

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:16 pm

Nice to see someone else think so. :) I don't think Una-sama should be given that Shizuru Fujino criticism/treatment since she was placed in a high ranking position to take action. It may have been the wrong action, but she knew what she wanted. What. a. Woman. :oops:

I have given you a Nobody? Explain zis, Herr Magus.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuga Natsuki Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:29 am

I think other members should give an essay like what Luu did on why they love this HiME/Otome character, a full explanation :)
Kuga Natsuki
Kuga Natsuki
Space Samurai Marshall Banana
Space Samurai Marshall Banana

Bubuzuke points : 9709
Armitage GUTS!!! : 593

http://stargazerium.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Magus Phantalus Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:20 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:Nice to see someone else think so. :) I don't think Una-sama should be given that Shizuru Fujino criticism/treatment since she was placed in a high ranking position to take action. It may have been the wrong action, but she knew what she wanted. What. a. Woman. :oops:

I have given you a Nobody? Explain zis, Herr Magus.

I am building an army to attack the planet of Earl and ultimately the entire My-Multiverse. Una would make a perfect lieutenant but I'd still have to turn her into a Nobody for insurance. We will tear down this world of lies. Kruger, MANshiro, Viola I will devour their hearts along with their world I will prove Viola doesn't love Kruger and that MANshiro is really a tyrant turning Gardrobe into a harem. In their despair they will submit to me and strengthen my power.

Una knows the only way to protect mortals from themselves is if the strong take action she will help me end all the lies and prove a quick death for all is preferable to a slow decay!

In the dark of the night I was tossing and turning
And the nightmare I had was as bad as can be --
It scared me out of my wits --
A corpse falling to bits!
Then I opened my eyes
And the nightmare was...me!!

I was once the most mystical man in the entire multiverse.
When Lillith betrayed me she made a mistake!
My curse made her family pay
But one little girl got away!
Little Gwendolyn, beware,
Phantalus is awake!

In the dark of the night evil will find her
In the dark of the night just before dawn!
Aah...

Revenge will be sweet
When the curse is complete!

In the dark of the night

She'll be gone!
I can feel that my powers are slowly returning!
I shall prepare another’s heart for my spell!
AS the pieces fall into place
I'll see them crawl into place!
Dasvidanya, Kruger, your grace, farewell!

In the dark of the night terror will strike her!

Terror's the least I can do!

In the dark of the night evil will brew.
Ooh!
Soon they will feel that their nightmares are real.

In the dark of the night

They'll be through!

In the dark of the night
Evil will find them
Find them!
Ooh!
In the dark of the night terror comes true.
Doom them!

My dear, here's a sign --

It's the end of the line!

In the dark of the night...

Come my minions,
Rise for your master,
Let your evil shine!
Find her now,
Yes, fly ever faster
She'll be mine!

Bonus points if you can recognize this re worded song.
Magus Phantalus
Magus Phantalus
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Midori Sugiura Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:12 am

wasn't much of a fan before, but after reading through your reasoning I think I might be an Una Shamrock fan as well,

you may have converted me
Midori Sugiura
Midori Sugiura
High Priest Brony of Midori-ism
High Priest Brony of Midori-ism

Bubuzuke points : 3743
Armitage GUTS!!! : 251

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:36 pm

In the Dark of the Night from Don Bluth's Anastasia. You sir, get extra kudos points. Not just for plugging a great underrated non-Disney film, but also giving it a Mai-Series touch. :)

Noobhack wrote:wasn't much of a fan before, but after reading through your reasoning I think I might be an Una Shamrock fan as well,

you may have converted me

I might or may have converted you...yay? My thread(and any others you all might cook up for specific characters) is just to express my own thoughts. If you fall under Una's love spell too, then more power to her. 8D
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Magus Phantalus Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:39 pm

Underrated indeed has an epic sound track to boot. I was thinking sbout trying to make it sound more related to the My-series and my character but eh.
Magus Phantalus
Magus Phantalus
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:18 pm

Magus Phantalus wrote:Underrated indeed has an epic sound track to boot. I was thinking sbout trying to make it sound more related to the My-series and my character but eh.

*derpy mode*

Dasvidanya, Kruger, your grace, farewell!

Dat wuz my phavorte parrrrrt~

For what it's worth, it was pretty cool. Plus, as an Una Shamrock fanboy, I'm flattered you feel she is worthy enough to be your gimmick-self's lieutenant. Arika Yumemiya
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down