Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is Mai-Otome Canon to Mai-HiME?

+3
Twisted Eternal Wolvetta
SpiralDasher
depression76
7 posters

Go down

Is Mai-Otome Canon to Mai-HiME?  Empty Is Mai-Otome Canon to Mai-HiME?

Post by depression76 Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:11 pm

There have been speculations about this possibility, about how Otome is connected to HiME. Some say Otome happened a hundred thousand years after HiME, and there are others who thinks that Otome is in a completely different alternate universe and thus has no connection to HiME.

I've heard speculations, but I want to see your opinions here x3

Is Mai-Otome Canon to Mai-HiME?
To me personally, I've always thought of Otome as a millions of years' worth of continuity after HiME. Seems like people of earth on HiME abandoned that planet and moved to Otome's planet and then stuff happens and cultures changed and also with that rises the Otome system that uses the HiME star as it's source.

I suppose my theory is based on the fact that Alyssa (bird form) is somehow Arika's ancestor. So maybe somewhere in the past, Alyssa must have been human, and is related to HiME's Alyssa, or something and maybe that Miyu we see in Otome is the same Miyu from HiME and survived on solar power all this time xDDD

Lol, I swear that makes more sense in my head.

Anyhow, what do you guys think?
depression76
depression76
White Devil Worshiper
White Devil Worshiper

Bubuzuke points : 7627
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1396

http://daydreamwiththedragon.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Is Mai-Otome Canon to Mai-HiME?  Empty Re: Is Mai-Otome Canon to Mai-HiME?

Post by SpiralDasher Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:04 am

Didn't Nina and Nao find the old Fuuka Academy underground and found the library Nagi was usually in? I thought that's what Zwei was about?
SpiralDasher
SpiralDasher
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 1200
Armitage GUTS!!! : 400

http://www.fanfiction.net/~littledemoninside

Back to top Go down

Post by Twisted Eternal Wolvetta Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:14 pm

From what I've gathered... (this might be somewhat complicating to explain);

There is a lot of Norse/Nordic (Viking) mythology at play within the Mai Series. e.g. Mikoto becoming the Crystal HiME (Mashiro was during HiME, but Mikoto was during Otome) and having the control over certain cats (Freya, the Nordic goddess of both cats and Valkyrie was the protector of the world tree, Yggrasil - Mikoto is the guardian of the Harmonium whilst MIYU is the Merciful Intellectual Yggrasil Unit).

During HiME, both Nagi and Mashiro went through the Valhalla gate (Valkyrie travel from Midgard (Earth) to Asgard (heaven/realm of the gods) via the Rainbow Bridge which is basically just like the Valhalla gates found in the Mai Series). John Smith had nicknamed the HiME, the "Valkyrie" during HiME, and of course created them in Otome (the Nazi believed that the Norse were actually from Atlantis, dubbing them the "true race" / the Schwartz believe the Valkyrie are the superpower compared to the Otome).

I believe that when they went through this gate the new world (Earl) had automatically been created due to the HiME Carnival finally coming to an end, so the area which they had used the gate (Fuuka Academy) had duplicated itself as a form of "landing station" so both dimensions could continue existing (as for random objects and technology popping up, I think this was due to damaged Valhalla gates). e.g. there is a random jet fighter plane underneath Windbloom Castle which is completely unexplained.

We all know how important Mai and Mikoto are, especially considering they ended up meeting up together in the events of the Otomeverse (Anime). So I am thinking that they are the true creators of Earl, whilst Fumi and Mashiro are "spiritual connectors" for Earth and Earl.

Harmonium background ~ the "cursed ones" of the Black Valley are doomed to become lost within the Spirits' Forest. Ironic? I think not, there is another Tokiha seen in official Sunrise artwork with Mikoto at some point during Sifr.

Is Mai-Otome Canon to Mai-HiME?  Mai_s_14

Remember when Nina was thrown through one of the Valhalla gates during Zwei? Well, the reason why it didn't take her to Earth is because (in my theory) that it was because Mikoto was in the area at the time, so it connected to the nearest source of energy it has left, I believe the Harmonium and Valhalla gates have a form of connection to one another and that there are possibly more Valhalla gates with duplicated areas of Earth somewhere.

An example of this is that there are certain Easter eggs from Earth on Earl, e.g. the Arch of Triumph (France) based within Florince.

In reality, I think Earth and Earl are both connected from not only at least a thousand years but also alternate dimension. I would go on further about all my theories, but a lot of them don't relate to how precisely the two planets connect together. (Remember that within Arika and Erstin's OVA there is a weird spaceship thing in the making within Fuuka, this could have been to travel between Earth and Earl. But we just have no clue what the true answer is, and probably never will - this could be where that jet came from based underneath Windbloom Castle).

As for Alyssa-Bird, I remember something popping up about her having strands of DNA from Human-Alyssa and that she is the true Mysterious Grandma Yumemiya which Arika is constantly talking about. Why else would MIYU see Arika with the classic golden hair which shines? MIYU probably created Alyssa-Bird with the strands of DNA so she could not be alone without her, but also for continuing to use her locked abilities. e.g. Artemis.

Another Easter egg; Midori's research book (Shiro, Arika's father owns this during Sifr).

And lastly there is the other theory within the Otome-Manga. Near the end the Dark-HiME abruptly appear via some sort of dimensional vortex, so you never know this could happen with the Anime if Sunrise were to ever continue on with the Mai Series anime plotline. But knowing Sunrise... well...

Akira Okuzaki It's Sunrise. They form an amazing plot and character then screw them over near the end of said dimension.

Twisted Eternal Wolvetta
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 708
Armitage GUTS!!! : 188

Back to top Go down

Post by IlliterateKoi Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:59 pm

What Wolvy said XD I never would have been able to explain it properly, so I'm glad I don't have to Razz

I wish Sunrise had given us a bit more information about this...but then that would take the fun out of theorising I guess ^_^;;

If Otome was set in a completely different universe, and wasn't connected to Earth/HiME in anyway, the discovery of Fuuka would be one heck of a coincidence lol

I also believe that the Miyu we see in Otome is the same Miyu from HiME, she just gained an awesome coat and hat from somewhere on her travels Miyu

But yeah, what Wolvy said! XD
IlliterateKoi
IlliterateKoi
Goldfish wanker of Camelot
Goldfish wanker of Camelot

Bubuzuke points : 4261
Armitage GUTS!!! : 441

Back to top Go down

Post by Midori Sugiura Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:31 am

I have 4 theories on how it can be canon

1: It is an alternate world created through St. Vlas' illusions

2: The HiME were reincarnated on Earl

3: This is an alternate universe and there could be plans to bridge the two together (like the fights between the HiME and Otome in the Mai Otome Manga)

4: Natsuki ate some bad mayo and this is all just a dream
Midori Sugiura
Midori Sugiura
High Priest Brony of Midori-ism

Bubuzuke points : 3743
Armitage GUTS!!! : 251

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:39 pm

Midori Sugiura wrote:

rei hino rei hino rei hino

As funny as that sounds, I wouldn't want it to be #4. Mai-Otome is a worthy addition to the series. Sunrise passing it off as a bad dream to retcon it would be bullshit. Mai-Otome was never treated by fans like a Dragon Ball GT or Alien 3, so it should be safe from that. :)
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Midori Sugiura Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:04 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
Midori Sugiura wrote:

rei hino rei hino rei hino

As funny as that sounds, I wouldn't want it to be #4. Mai-Otome is a worthy addition to the series. Sunrise passing it off as a bad dream to retcon it would be bullshit. Mai-Otome was never treated by fans like a Dragon Ball GT or Alien 3, so it should be safe from that. :)

I agree, if it turned out to be a dream I'd be really disappointed

Perhaps it's the opposite and Mai HiME is the mayo dream, I wonder if anyone ever thought of that...
Midori Sugiura
Midori Sugiura

Bubuzuke points : 3743
Armitage GUTS!!! : 251

Back to top Go down

Post by PostoronnimV Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:38 am

Midori Sugiura wrote:4: Natsuki ate some bad mayo and this is all just a dream
LOL =D Actually, when I watched Mai-Otome, I sometimes have had the feeling, that it was someone's delusional dream, because there was a much more WTF moments, than tolerable... imo, of course.
PostoronnimV
PostoronnimV
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 367
Armitage GUTS!!! : 120

https://www.youtube.com/user/XxPostoronnimVxX

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:16 am

PostoronnimV wrote:LOL =D Actually, when I watched Mai-Otome, I sometimes have had the feeling, that it was someone's delusional dream, because there was a much more WTF moments, than tolerable... imo, of course.

rei hino To me, only Shiho Huit's MAKI MAKI scenes can be considered someone's delusional dream. LOL!
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down