Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kimi no Tame Nara Shineru [姫のためなら死ねる]

3 posters

Go down

Kimi no Tame Nara Shineru [姫のためなら死ねる] Empty Kimi no Tame Nara Shineru [姫のためなら死ねる]

Post by depression76 Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:37 pm

Kimi no Tame Nara Shineru [姫のためなら死ねる] A89a81c588401e2eb0fe3873e7db4eff

If you're expecting a serious love drama just from seeing the awesome cover...well, you're dead wrong xD This manga is a silly 4-koma story set in the Heian Period between Sei Shonagon, a famous real life Japanese author, who's serving as a court lady to the real-life Empress Teishi.

In this manga, Sei Shonagon is pretty much a NEET by modern's standards until her best friend got her motivated enough to find a job as the Teishi's tutor and court lady. Sei, who's never known love before, fell in love with the Teishi during their first meeting and that leads to hilarious outcomes with the people around them xD

So if you like ancient Japanese literature/history, humorous romance, give this a chance. It has a great art and colorful pages to add more to the story's feel. Only the first volume has been scanlated by Zefiberyl, they're working on the 2nd volume tho until when we don't know ^^; Damn, JManga has licensed this manga...so you gotta pay to read more >> dang.

But for now, enjoy what's been released freely and don't forget to tell me what you think of it after you read it xD
depression76
depression76
White Devil Worshiper
White Devil Worshiper

Bubuzuke points : 7627
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1396

http://daydreamwiththedragon.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Kimi no Tame Nara Shineru [姫のためなら死ねる] Empty Re: Kimi no Tame Nara Shineru [姫のためなら死ねる]

Post by SpiralDasher Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:52 pm

I read this a while ago.

If this is the series I think it is, it was way different than what I thought it'd be. I have studied Japanese history, it was interesting seeing the characters put into the roles they were and how they acted, especially Sei. XD (Given what I learned about her in class, this personality and characterization took me by surprise!)

It was cute, what I did see, and completely unexpected. Given the first few pages, I thought it was going to be a deep love story with drama and in-depth relationships, but nope! XD It quickly turned into a slap-stick comedy.

It's one of the few definite-yuri titles I know that've be licensed and sold in the states, or to the states, without having to go through some Japanese merchandise site/Amazon. Wouldn't have been my first choice, but it's innocent enough.

Last edited by SpiralDasher on Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:20 am; edited 1 time in total
SpiralDasher
SpiralDasher
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 1200
Armitage GUTS!!! : 400

http://www.fanfiction.net/~littledemoninside

Back to top Go down

Kimi no Tame Nara Shineru [姫のためなら死ねる] Empty Re: Kimi no Tame Nara Shineru [姫のためなら死ねる]

Post by depression76 Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:18 am

Hahaha, indeed I agree with you xD I've read a couple of translations of Sei Shonagon's works, and I prefer her personality here. Much more....adorable? hehe.

I really want to read volume two, people said Teishi's Mom, who's making her entrance xD, is going to add more into the chaos, alongside of her already creeped-out Dad xDD
depression76
depression76
White Devil Worshiper
White Devil Worshiper

Bubuzuke points : 7627
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1396

http://daydreamwiththedragon.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by shezaei-neko Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:56 pm

I really enjoyed this one.
I'm not very familiar with japanese literature and history to fully understand all the background of the main character. Nonetheless, it's light and innocet approach to yuriness made it quite enjoyable.

I can't wait to read the second volume. :D
shezaei-neko
shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Bubuzuke points : 4088
Armitage GUTS!!! : 756

http://shezaei-neko.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down