Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any rational explanation as to why the resolve of Mai-HiME meant nothing to Mai-Otome?

+2
Bluholic711
Luu Sky Sapphire
6 posters

Go down

Any rational explanation as to why the resolve of Mai-HiME meant nothing to Mai-Otome? Empty Any rational explanation as to why the resolve of Mai-HiME meant nothing to Mai-Otome?

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:36 pm

Any rational explanation as to why the resolve of
Mai-HiME meant nothing to Mai-Otome?

Any rational explanation as to why the resolve of Mai-HiME meant nothing to Mai-Otome? Vlcsnap-2012-06-05-20h24m31s250
Any rational explanation as to why the resolve of Mai-HiME meant nothing to Mai-Otome? Vlcsnap-2012-06-05-20h24m45s138
Any rational explanation as to why the resolve of Mai-HiME meant nothing to Mai-Otome? Vlcsnap-2012-06-05-20h24m52s208

Oh sure, there is The Predecessor Lady Fumi, how "Earth" once existed and the images provided above which archive the events of Mai-HiME's eight episode between Akane Higurashi and the Orphan. But that's what I'm talking about. My topic centers on why the major events and victory over the Obsidian Lord wasn't mentioned or talked about in Mai-Otome? I'd like better answers than "That's the way Sunrise intended" or "maybe they just forgot, durrrrr". This may be a nitpick in disguise on my part, but I'd like some great insight on the matter. The events of Mai-HiME feel like they need to be regarded as some legendary event that happened many centuries ago in the Mai-Otome universe. Maybe they aren't aware of what happened? Let's get some discussion going here. I guess saving the world means nothing anymore...unless you're Super Arika. Arika Yumemiya Super Arika doesn't lie down for anybody. :D
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Any rational explanation as to why the resolve of Mai-HiME meant nothing to Mai-Otome? Empty Re: Any rational explanation as to why the resolve of Mai-HiME meant nothing to Mai-Otome?

Post by Bluholic711 Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:57 pm

Well, here it goes.

Perhaps Mai-Otome is a "what if?" series.
Maybe Sunrise wanted to try something different rather than resume back to Mai-Hime. The characters we see are possibly descendants, reincarnations, or just expies of the entire cast from the first series.
They might as well be an alternative cast in general.
Mai-Otome is probably a whole different series in another world somewhere.

This is just mere speculation but remember the last part of Mai-Hime episode 26? I think Mashiro and Nagi were planning to return to their own home but ended up transporting into another world and ended up reborn or something.

That archive would not be there without a legit reason. Sunrise, you trolls, you.
Bluholic711
Bluholic711
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Bubuzuke points : 4629
Armitage GUTS!!! : 626

Back to top Go down

Any rational explanation as to why the resolve of Mai-HiME meant nothing to Mai-Otome? Empty Re: Any rational explanation as to why the resolve of Mai-HiME meant nothing to Mai-Otome?

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:31 pm

Bluholic711 wrote:Well, here it goes.

Perhaps Mai-Otome is a "what if?" series.
Maybe Sunrise wanted to try something different rather than resume back to Mai-Hime. The characters we see are possibly descendants, reincarnations, or just expies of the entire cast from the first series.
They might as well be an alternative cast in general.
Mai-Otome is probably a whole different series in another world somewhere.

This is just mere speculation but remember the last part of Mai-Hime episode 26? I think Mashiro and Nagi were planning to return to their own home but ended up transporting into another world and ended up reborn or something.

That archive would not be there without a legit reason. Sunrise, you trolls, you.

Mai-HiME final episode with Nagi and Mashiro leaving is still open to speculation. I'll get to making that thread shortly. Like many people, I was also skeptical about Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome being canon with each other. Lena looking at those historic books revealing photos of the Akane vs. Orphan fight and Cat Goddess Mikoto said to be a Crystal Princess (HiME) changed my views entirely.

Cat Goddess Mikoto and Miyu, more than anybody, should be the ones who share the story of Pre-Earl Mai Tokiha who ended the Obsidian Lord's reign of terror. If you are new to the series and expecting that scene to show up, think again.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Zweifel Marguerite Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:03 pm

The more I look at this thread, the more I think that Mai-HiME movie would have explained a lot of things. Maybe they wrote a script for HiME, then for the movie and then - for Otome, but for some odd reason they didn't or couldn't make the movie, leaving a blank hole there. That would be SUNRISE's mistake.

On the other hand, if you think about that archive, it's not like it's available for everyone who is interested, and probably nobody has read the whole archive, so that would explain why nobody talks about battle with OL like of some sort of grand moment in history. Maybe nobody actually knows it happened. People in Mai-Otome (even Otomes themselves) seem to know little to none information about HiMEs, so what's the chance of other people knowing that? Almost none.

As for Cat Goddess Mikoto...there might be a possibility that Harmonium corrupted/damaged her memories of Earth somehow. We all see how that thing corrupts minds *cough* Nina *cough*, so that wouldn't surprise me.

I don't think MIYU got her memories corrupted. I think she never told anyone about Earth simply because she can't get access to her memories because of the DNA code. We all know that Alyssa controls MIYU in HiME, and nothing changed in Otome as well. In order to unlock her special abilities, she has to use DNA of Alyssa Searrs (kept in a bird). What if the same thing applies to her memories, only you need an ''alive'' DNA of Alyssa's descendant to activate them (since memories are quite the private thing.), not the one from the bird (that way she is ensured that nobody can use the DNA gotten from the bird to unlock the special information)? That triggers the possibility that if MIYU would come to a contact with a DNA of Alyssa's descendant (Lena or Arika), that might unlock her memories of Earth.
Wolvy's theory that all Otome are just the new generation of ''fake'' HiMEs (Alyssa Searrs) goes with it as well. You would need a DNA of a descendant of ''mother'' of Otomes, Alyssa Searrs, to trigger the memories of her and Earth and HiMEs.

Now I seriously wish SUNRISE made that movie. :/ I am getting deeply philosophical here.
Zweifel Marguerite
Zweifel Marguerite
Resident TakuAki fanatic
Resident TakuAki fanatic

Bubuzuke points : 1192
Armitage GUTS!!! : 337

Back to top Go down

Post by depression76 Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:57 pm

I'm not in a very good condition to think right now, but I'll try my best to put down what I think.

Something like blu said, I do think that this is also a form of a "What-if" scenario. But I would like to think that it's not a completely AU "What-if" but still, somehow, canonical to its predecessor HiME.

Like how about this theory. As far as we know the HiME system had existed since hundred of years ago. True, in the HiME series the girls saw an end to the nightmarish carnival, but did they say anything about the end of HiME system itself? The center of their power was the HiME star, and if that thing works like a normal astronomical star, even if it faded/explode/go poof, some remnants of the star itself won't go away. You know like supernova, one star's explosion can trigger the formation of new stars.

And perhaps that remnant of the HiME star existed until far in the future, as the HiME system itself regressed and people and technology developed into a higher form. The once 12 (13?) HiME with powers would dwindle down and ended up as a handful of people with hidden powers, perhaps carried by bloodline, as shown with the Arika = Alyssa's descendant theory.

Well not the bird, but maybe the kid Alyssa's humant descendants that carries the leftover HiME gene throughout the years, who upgrades/fixes MIYU to enable her to exist until the Otome Timeline. I also don't think that Cat-Goddess Mikoto is our HiME Mikoto, coz they're very different...a direct descendant maybe? Hence why no memories. Perhaps she was only left with the powers and stories of the HiMEs and Carnival of old.

And as people say, history becomes myth with time, myth then becomes legends. No one left knows the truth but a couple, and when Otome arrived, the story of HiME and the Carnival are never heard again.

MIYU, who I strongly suspect runs on Solar Power, and Cat-Goddess Mikoto holds the key of the connection between these two universes, I just wished Sunrise had given some moments for these two to at least talk to each other and give us some hints about it.
depression76
depression76
White Devil Worshiper
White Devil Worshiper

Bubuzuke points : 7627
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1396

http://daydreamwiththedragon.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by *BlackRose* Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:47 pm

wasn't there a blue-ray special were arika,nina and estrin were in fuka were nagi and mashiro had set them back together Also how would otome know about the himes they kept it a secret and my bet is that nagi was messing around in a different universe
*BlackRose*
*BlackRose*
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Bubuzuke points : 1157
Armitage GUTS!!! : 54

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:41 pm

Okay, I can easily buy the fact that Alyssa Searrs (the HiME-verse Alyssa) is the ancestor of the entire Lena and Arika bloodline. What I don't understand is why Alyssa chose or was forced into becoming a bird that is totally useless, other than unlocking Miyu's ARTEMIS attack. The very attack that is based on a fake CHiLD that died way back in 2004 AD.

Who knows? Miyu probably never went over past Earth events because nobody flat out asked her. Not even Lena Sayers who saw the archives of Hari and the Orphan it fought during the events of Mai-HiME Episode 8.

Maybe what we should really be asking is why the Carnival from Mai-HiME the most important Carnival in the long sad history of Carnivals set up by the Obsidian Lord? Well, maybe it's because THE OBSIDIAN LORD DIDN'T GET HIS WAY THIS TIME AND IN RETURN, WAS DESTROYED! ALONG WITH HIS LITTLE GAME OF MURDER, PARANOIA AND BETRAYAL AMONG HiME! Mai and the others ended a long running reign of sadness. They should have statues built of them somewhere in Queen Mashiro's garden!
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Magus Phantalus Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:06 am

Hey Luu have you ever read The Kyoto Hunt and Mai Kisaki? Based off the theme of this thread I would suggest reading them oh how I wish they were canon. The Hime even do get statues or was it paintings I can't remember. Anyway they are a very well written stories linking Hime and Otome. Oh and shiznat.
Magus Phantalus
Magus Phantalus
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 613
Armitage GUTS!!! : 148

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:22 pm

Magus Phantalus wrote:Hey Luu have you ever read The Kyoto Hunt and Mai Kisaki? Based off the theme of this thread I would suggest reading them oh how I wish they were canon. The Hime even do get statues or was it paintings I can't remember. Anyway they are a very well written stories linking Hime and Otome. Oh and shiznat.

Yes I have. Wasn't that fic a sort of a distant prequel to Otome? It not only connects that "bridge" between HiME and Otome I'm always going on about, it also explains the creation of the Otome. As for Mai Kisaki, it takes place after Otome if I'm not mistaken. Those were good stories that Sunrise could utilize for a true sequel/prequel to each respective series. :) You know Sunrise though, they'd never take any fanfiction into consideration...muahahaha.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Magus Phantalus Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:51 am

Now if Sunrise had any sense they would have taken advantage of shiznat's popularity and given a shiznat centric spinoff of some sort maybe a manga... that they would also release internationally!
Magus Phantalus
Magus Phantalus
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:10 pm

Magus Phantalus wrote:Now if Sunrise had any sense they would have taken advantage of shiznat's popularity and given a shiznat centric spinoff of some sort maybe a manga... that they would also release internationally!

I highly agree, but we can't say they never paid attention to ShizNat fandom. Making ShizNat canon in Mai-Otome, giving them borderline hentai moments in drama CDs, Natsuki no Prelude, and being Milla-Jovovich-as-Alice-from-Paul-Anderson's-Resident Evil-movies-powerful in Mai-HiME EXA shows me that they're highly aware of our beautiful beloved couple.

That doesn't mean we DON'T want more. O_O I WANT MOAR. MOAR SHIZNAT!!!! ShizNat1 ShizNat2 ShizNat3 ShizNat Viola Gakuenchou
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Magus Phantalus Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:28 pm

Don't mention those movies I ship Alice and Rain sooo hard and they keep killing her I mean three times! Why do they have to do that to Michelle's character she is so awesome Gwaaaaaaa! (begins foaming at the mouth)
Magus Phantalus
Magus Phantalus
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:30 pm

Magus Phantalus wrote:Don't mention those movies I ship Alice and Rain sooo hard and they keep killing her I mean three times! Why do they have to do that to Michelle's character she is so awesome Gwaaaaaaa! (begins foaming at the mouth)

Haha. I'm actually one of the few people who loved the Paul Anderson RE films, especially Retribution and Afterlife. :) Alice x Rain shipper all the way.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Magus Phantalus Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:42 pm

I could recomend some great fanfiction if you want. There isn't much great stuff that is completed but there is one story that was finished a few years ago where the author essentially gives Rain an Alice more characterization than all of the movies combined.

I too am a fan of the movies despite their terrible writing.
Magus Phantalus
Magus Phantalus
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:52 pm

Magus Phantalus wrote:I could recomend some great fanfiction if you want. There isn't much great stuff that is completed but there is one story that was finished a few years ago where the author essentially gives Rain an Alice more characterization than all of the movies combined.

I too am a fan of the movies despite their terrible writing.

I'll just get this off my chest since we're going off topic. :) If you want to continue, we have a movie thread in the off-topic forum.

Bottom line, Paul Anderson made Milla Jovovich action films with zombies. Not Resident Evil films. If I wanted the true Resident Evil experience, I'd play 0, 1, remake of 1, 2, 3, Code Veronica, and 5. Paul knew what he wanted to make with his films and they're not trying to be Oscar winners. I love them for what they are. :) Besides, his RE movies have some of the hottest women in all of Hollywood. Milla Jovovich, Sienna Guillory, Michelle Rodriguez, Ali Larter (omg Ali-sama...) and even minor nobodies like that cook from Afterlife. Damn, she's hot.

Anyway, back on topic. Reply in the movies thread. :)
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Magus Phantalus Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:00 pm

Will do my apologizes for the off topicness.
Magus Phantalus
Magus Phantalus
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:30 pm

Magus Phantalus wrote:Will do my apologizes for the off topicness.

No harm done, dude. Wink Have a Chie, it's on me.

GRANDE CHIE
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down