Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blue Drop Discussion (Sci-Fi Yuri)

4 posters

Go down

Blue Drop Discussion (Sci-Fi Yuri) Empty Blue Drop Discussion (Sci-Fi Yuri)

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:11 pm

Blue Drop

Blue Drop Discussion (Sci-Fi Yuri) Animepapernet_picture-standard-anime-blue-drop-tenshi-tachi-no-gikyoku-dvd-vol1a-79590-louise-preview-4adaa31f

Blue Drop Discussion (Sci-Fi Yuri) Animepapernet_picture-standard-anime-blue-drop-tenshi-tachi-no-gikyoku-dvd-vol2a-82537-louise-preview-a3e3a103

Blue Drop Discussion (Sci-Fi Yuri) Animepapernet_picture-standard-anime-blue-drop-tenshi-tachi-no-gikyoku-dvd-vol3a-86343-louise-preview-dd552045

Blue Drop is a series I had in my collection for quite some time now. I've never read the manga series that is supposed to take place after the anime, so my quick thoughts will focus on the 13 episode anime series.

From what I remember, Blue Drop started off very slow and I mean SLOW. The pacing of the series made it seem like it wasn't going to go anywhere, even with the mystery behind the disaster which Mari survived. The sole survivor of an incident that happened when she was young, Mari is sent to an academy to interact with people her age. Hopefully to make friends, which she does in the door chief, a tomboy and the shy nerdy girl. I forgot their names, forgive me. XD It's been a while. I do remember Hagino aka the alien girl Ekaril, as the series chose her to be the one for Mari to build a relationship with.

Like Kannazuki no Miko, the friendship between Mari and Hagino was planted at the start and you (the audience) watched it grow with each passing episode. What made it unique was the concept of female alien invaders plotting to conquer Earth...as a minor role! There's a lot at stake with a situation like that, but because Mari and Hagino are such yuri marvels, the aliens aren't even that important. It's all about the character relationship between these two girls or Mari with her other new friends and her sensei (who could forget sensei Yuko Sugawara? One of my minor crushes!). In just one episode, there was a little yuri moment between Yuko and Mari. That would of made a sweet subplot...*sigh* wishful thinking.

The ending opened the doors for the manga; not much of a surprise as my friend spoiled me by accident at the time. Regardless, it felt like a crummy ending with no real resolve other than to wipe that slut Shivariel off the map. Satisfying, with unfortunate bittersweet results.

Have anyone of you seen this series before? Or the manga? Comment below, discuss characters/story, etc. Arika Yumemiya
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Blue Drop Discussion (Sci-Fi Yuri) Empty Re: Blue Drop Discussion (Sci-Fi Yuri)

Post by zaisuro Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:41 am

Well I suppose lurking around has to end sometime so this topic should suffice.

I initially got into the series via the original manga, it was alright kind of sad and dramatic, you know all the fun things. I did not like the Tenshi no Bokura version. The whole dude being turned into a woman thing was a big turnoff and the Arume go from respectable enemies to, well, super tramps lol.

I liked the anime, I was going to watch it in original format but then I realized Monica Rial was doing the english dub for Ekaril. Normally I prefer subs but I thought the english cast did quite well. And while open endings are fine in my book, the ending to the anime was so open the damn door came off the hinges.
zaisuro
zaisuro
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 45
Armitage GUTS!!! : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by SpiralDasher Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:40 am

GLOWING EYES OF DOOOOOOOOOOM. *_____*

I liked Hagino and her glowing eyes, and well, her general character. She was my fav. She's an alien trying to fit into human society (under cover) and meeting Mari turns that upside down. She feels an obligation to keep Mari safe after what she caused. And she looks good in her commander uniform. The choking part made me interested (I thought this would be a boring series until we got to that part.) and the fact that she can't control her powers while around Mari, I dunno, kinda made me happy. Proved she was affected by the human in some way. Towards the end you can see a change in both characters and the ending made me really sad. =(
SpiralDasher
SpiralDasher
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 1200
Armitage GUTS!!! : 400

http://www.fanfiction.net/~littledemoninside

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:38 pm

zaisuro wrote:I liked the anime, I was going to watch it in original format but then I realized Monica Rial was doing the english dub for Ekaril. Normally I prefer subs but I thought the english cast did quite well. And while open endings are fine in my book, the ending to the anime was so open the damn door came off the hinges.

XD Sadly I got the DVD set before the re-release, so I've never heard the dub before. I'll take your word on it as Monica Rial is a phenomenal voice actress. With the exception of the great Shelley Black, I see that Rial had quite a Noir reunion in the Blue Drop English dub with Tiffany Grant and Hilary Haag.

Rad.

SpiralDasher wrote:I liked Hagino and her glowing eyes, and well, her general character. She was my fav. She's an alien trying to fit into human society (under cover) and meeting Mari turns that upside down. She feels an obligation to keep Mari safe after what she caused. And she looks good in her commander uniform. The choking part made me interested (I thought this would be a boring series until we got to that part.) and the fact that she can't control her powers while around Mari, I dunno, kinda made me happy. Proved she was affected by the human in some way. Towards the end you can see a change in both characters and the ending made me really sad. =(

I got a little E.T. meets Terminator 2 feel with Hagino and her entire ordeal leading up to the 13th episode. Her and Mari had great chemistry towards the end, I wish this were a 26 episode series, so we at least see Hagino and Mari have their relationship develop further before the Earth goes to Hell. By the way, when Michi's play was interrupted (despite Tsubael's efforts to prevent interruption); that was incredibly hard to watch. The well-deserved happy times were put to a halt because of the invasion. What a strong sense of realism that entire scene gave us, knowing there is no Goku or Sailor Moon type to save the day. This invasion was reality and it hits everyone smack in the face.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by SpiralDasher Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:27 am

After they're trapped by the storm, I don't remember who was carrying whom along the highway, but I remember that being hard to watch. Again, it's been years since I've seen the anime, but I remember that being a really tense scene, from the scene in the resturant(? in the blackout) all the way back to the school.
SpiralDasher
SpiralDasher
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 1200
Armitage GUTS!!! : 400

http://www.fanfiction.net/~littledemoninside

Back to top Go down

Post by ATHENAx514 Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:48 pm

heh "touch telepathy" oh yeah! lmao. i watched this anime on netflix a few months ago so its still fresh in my my mind. i didnt like maris voice dub but haginos was wonderful as expected from Monica Rial :) I loved that scene where they were in the dinner waiting for the rain to stop and then the "touch telepathy" kicked in Razz sorry it just gets me everytime. It started offterribly slow i will agree but it had those tense moments that pulled you into the story
ATHENAx514
ATHENAx514
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 140
Armitage GUTS!!! : 60

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down