Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My thoughts on Haruka and Yukino

3 posters

Go down

My thoughts on Haruka and Yukino Empty My thoughts on Haruka and Yukino

Post by MidnightPersona Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:06 pm

This has been long overdue. Haruka Suzushiro and Haruka Armitage. Yukino Kikukawa and Chrysant. What about them forms the HaruKino I love and how would they be if they met later in life, if not at all? Of course, the recent Mai Series without -insert character here- threads takes care of one topic, but what if they didn't meet till Fuuka? What is the core, the base personality for both Haruka and Yukino? What about these two drive your favorite Fanwhore crazy with fan-love? Well, read this and you'll find out exactly why HaruKino is my favorite pairing and probably see a side of both Haruka and Yukino you never even considered. This is Haruka and Yukino as I see them, based on everything I know and the way life is. Based on my multiple re-watching of the series and much, much more.

This is my thoughts on Haruka and Yukino.

To start, I will go through with both of them as we know them now. Suzushiro and Kikukawa, knowing each other since a young age and up till Fuuka Academy and beyond.

Scene. A young, blonde child see's three little boys harrasing a young, bespectacled brunette. The blonde felt anger boiling up inside her. She's not one, even at a young age, to tolerate injustice, and she refused to let these tiny terrors keep torturing this girl. So what does she do? She run up and gets between the boys and the brunette. She doesn't care what happens to her, or what they'll do to her. Part of her is scared, there are more of them than her and she doubts the brunette will do much good if they start pushing, but she goes anyways. Headstrong and ready to fight. The boys leave and the brunette starts praising her. She stands tall, taking the praise but she also finds a fondness for the brunette. The look of admiration in her eyes is a bit scary, but the tough blonde's heart begins to sing at apparently meeting a new friend.
"My name is Suzushiro Haruka! Who are you?" The blonde, Haruka, asks.
"Ki-Kikukawa Yukino! I'm, um, nice to meet you, Suzushiro-San!" The brunette blushes and bows. Haruka looked confused and bends down, moving to look into Yukino's face, the brunette's eyes closed in the never-ending bow.
"Why are you being so string? We're friends! Just call me Haruka." The blonde says with a smile as Yukino moves from her bow and straightens herself.
"I-I think you mean strange, Haruka... chan?" The blonde blushed.
"That's what I said!" The blonde bursts out.
"You're... my first friend." Yukino admits, still blushing, examining her savior before her in fear of never seeing her again.
"You're mine too! My house isn't far from her, come with me and I'll introduce you to my parents! You can call yours and see if it's okay if you stay over!" Haruka exclaims, grabbing the young brunette's hand before rushing off, not giving her the chance to reject. Yukino smiled, looking toward Haruka happily. A friend.

Okay, yes, that isn't canon (but so headcanon) as I just wrote it, but it seems, to me, a conversation slimier to what might actually have been.

So Haruka and Yukino start sticking together. Haruka, the loud and obnoxious girl she is, standing up for Yukino and taking any negative attention off the younger girl and putting it on herself. Getting in fights and worrying Yukino as Haruka always tells her she's okay. Both girls find intense love for each other. Their love is solid, built with time. Yet the passion in which they mesh is something I believe would've happened even if they met later in life. Though, both of their outward attitude would be far different and they'd have to work far harder to build the same connection. Yukino is a bit 'soft' and emotional because she had Haruka to protect her from true pain. The pain of betrayal and heartbreak that most people suffer and Haruka is protected in the same way via Yukino. They work together, Yukino and Haruka protect each other from the heartbreaks that make other people more relate-able.

Some people may see that Haruka and Yukino, being so close and so tight-knit are unbreakable (Save for untimely death...) and therefore haven't suffered the betrayal and heartbreak of a typical fair-weather friend or even a friend whom you trusted so extremely you thought they'd never hurt you and then... they did. Haruka and Yukino never had that. Yes, they've fought and disagreed and Haruka tends to drag Yukino into crazy schemes to become president or even to save a wild dog from getting hurt by some rowdy kid (I bet this would've happened). Haruka's strong sense of right/wrong makes her seem like she has no 'grey' area, which isn't true. She has the capacity to change her view, but must have a reason. Yukino usually gives her that reason. Like their Otome counterparts, I see most HaruKino arguments happening behind closed dorm room doors. Both of them together late into the night discussing what to do, because they rely so heavily on each other.

Most people never experienced, or even have the chance to experience, a HaruKino kind of relationship. They do not have to worry about the other betraying them, they know they won't hurt each other, and they don't care to find much anyone else. Haruka, especially, doesn't really care to. Haruka does, though, care about others such as Reito and Shizuru, but she isn't one for words and has trouble expressing herself with Yukino usually has to do for her and keeping the blonde's anger in check, especially when tricked by the Bubuzuke woman or anyone for that matter. When it comes to Haruka and Yukino they fit each other like puzzle pieces. They mesh on such a deep level that the series shows that and that's why, unless someone has a base personality similar to one or both, can't usually see it. ShizNat is the top because 1.) hey kiss and 2.) They've both been hurt by people and they show what most people go though. I know some people won't agree with me, but Haruka and Yukino have a far deeper relationship than Shizuru and Natsuki will. Not trying to belittle that relationship, I love my ShizNat, but there's something about being by someones side like that, being two sides of the same coin, and just... it's a feeling few people can truly understand and it's one where almost no one can recreate.

In the infamous episode where Haruka goes -death- I know people get convinced she is, idk, straight. Which, yes, if you look at it literally it could seem that way. Let someone who has a similar anger issue and word problem as Haruka explain this to you.

When you're that dense to your on emotions, angry at someone else, and just generally not thinking you don't think about yourself. Growing up Haruka was sure to have it the base idea of male+female=relationship. Haruak, though, has never considered anything other than time spent with Yukino, but she doesn't want to think to deeply on that. Really, Haruka is smart, but she's fearful and dense. As long as she remains in denial of her feelings and refuses to admit to herself it's okay to love Yukino or any woman (but, really, just Yukino) then she won't have to feel like Yukino may throw away future happiness with a man and family for her sake, or risk losing her truest and closest friend to a love that will never be reconciled. Imagine, with that subconscious mindset and refusing to admit your feelings to yourself that one of the only other friends you have has the very thing you fear happen to her. Rejection, especially after leaving her place of duty just to protect this person. Haruka talks tough, but if it was Yukino who was caught by Nao and Haruka had the ability do you honestly believe Haruka would be concerned with the Executive Committee? If you answered 'yes' you should just leave this thread now. :p Haruka was pushing her own self-hate onto Shizuru, and that obviously was a bad idea, and she unintentionally hurt Yukino. That didn't stop Yukino from thinking of nothing but Haruka after her green-sparkles-of-doom. Yukino was only thinking of Haruka, even up to Haruka's reappearance and Yukino glomping her to death (I imagine a kissed happened upon them hitting the ground, but maybe that's just me). They both are tight-knit and most people cannot comprehend how a love of that kind can be possible, so ShizNat seems more 'real' because it's more common.

But... What if Haruka and Yukino didn't meet until they arrived at Fuuka?

Well, you have two girls, same base personality, but different outlooks on life.
Yukino is now (as described in the Without Series: The Mai-Verse without Haruka Suzushiro thread by moi) a 'fucks are not given' person who trusts no one and, really? Doesn't care. In fact, Yukino's main focus is school and she really doesn't care about much more. So she enters Middle school and she finds out, ugh, she has a dorm mate. Imagine her aggrivation when she discovers her dorm mate to be a loud, obnoxious, second year middle school student. A busty blonde girl who couldn't even form a proper sentence.

"Hello! I'm Suzushiro Haruka! I'm a second-year middle school student! What's your name?" The blonde, Haruka, asked.
"Kikukawa Yukino." The brunette stated bluntly, not caring for such formalities. She preferred it when people left her alone.
"That's a pretty name, Yukino-chan. Oh, is that a laptop? My parents want to get me one but I don't know a lot about them. They keep asking me what kind of dick drive I want and I don't have a clue--"
"...Disc. Disc drive, Suzushiro-sempai."
"That's what I said! So anyways--" As The blonde continues to talk, the brunette became more and more annoyed until, finally, the blonde seemed to notice.
"Is something wrong? You seem angry." Haruka asked, Yukino knew it would be a bad idea to say exactly what she thought, so she tried to be tactful.
"I don't like people much. I usually prefer to be left alone." Maybe she'd get the hint.
"That's no fun! I'll spend time with you, should be better than getting constant abuse from the bubuzuke woman..." Yukino wanted to bang her head on the wall, is this girl stupid?

A meeting between them, if they hadn't met so young. Yukino enters middle school to discover herself sharing a room with Haruka. Obviously Haruka is less-brash and, in a sense, more childish. More talkative and one may wonder if she actually doesn't understand Yukino trying to get her to go away, or if she just refuses to.

Yukino would be having issues trying to keep Haruka away. I see Haruka seeing something in the brunette that she couldn't explain. It would give Haruka a sense of happiness, a sense or wonder, and her determination would be working to help the girl open up to the world. Haruka would have 'friends' and would be more social than the one we know from the series, but she would also be more broken. She would've been hurt quite a bit already, but would keep fighting. There would be weak moments...

Yukino couldn't understand what Suzushiro's deal was. She was so chipper and shit, then she starts crying. Out of no where, what the hell? Yukino figured leaving her alone would be best, but a part of her couldn't stand to see this, a part of her she hadn't experienced in... a while.
"Can I talk to you, Yukino-Chan?" Haruka asked, shocking the bespectacled kouhai.
"Sure." Yukino stated, colder than intended.
"I... I don't usually tell people these things, not even bubuzuke and I've known her since I started middle school... well, I guess I never fully trusted her."
"Then why tell me? You know next to nothing about me." Yukino pointed out. Haruka chuckled and rubbed her eyes.
"That's a good question, I haven't a clue. I just... you make me feel safe." Haruka admitted.
"Mm. Kay." Yukino couldn't understand this girl, but whatever.
"You see, I..." And one long discussion about feelings later, Haruka opens up about things that cause Yukino's head to spin a bit, and Yukino would find herself shocked to open up to the busty blonde as well.

Time would go by. Haruka and Yukino would gradually get closer, fight, etc. Yukino would constantly push Haruka away and Haruka wouldn't allow it, cuz that's Suzushiro for ya. Upon the HiME festival Yukino would be more determined to cut Haruka out, and when Reito puts Yukino on the spot for knowing where Shizuru is, Haruka would not only want to yell at Shizuru, but help her friend and convince her she was being stupid and return. Yukino would finally take Haruka to Shizuru, a fight would occure, it would go a bit differently, but Haruka would still die. Yukino would take all the blame on herself.

Upon Haruka's undeath, there relationship would be more complex. It would be years of work for these two to build their relationship from the pain of their pasts, but they could do it. It takes a stubborn, headstrong bitch like Suzushiro Haruka to get past even a single well-placed defense of a Yukino who's stop caring about anyone else.

It's something that will either fail, or succeed. But a failed attempt could leave both different and unable to fully recover.

Armitage and Chrysant: The way of the Otome

This fanfiction explains Otome HaruKino better than I can: Intents and Purposes by dreiser and I highly recommend it. Any 'idea' I would have to explain Otome-verse HaruKino is in this fanfic. Dreiser, whoever you are, I'd love to meet you. You made the best Otome HaruKino ever and I am eternally grateful!

Anyways, plug for random person aside...

Zwei, episode 2 and my reaction video with Luu Sky Sappire, amoung this fanfic, how better to explain it? Haruka Armitage and Yukino Chrysant worked their entire lives to get where there are in Otome/Zwei. They are a team and without each other they don't seem much more of people than Suzushiro and Kikukawa. Chrysant and Armitage show, to me, the same base personality as Suzushiro and Chrysant (of course) which is why you see Chrysant so able to deal with things with such a cool, almost uncaring demeanor and you see Haruka's more childish, competitive, and friendly side. In both series, they are flip sides of a coin and nothing is better than what these two can and do do for each other. I just... that fanfic. That's more what Ihave to say about these two.

So... I suppose I will end this thread here for now. Questions, comments, and anything anyone wants to say, do so. I'll be here to reply at some point.

I hope I made the understanding of these two a bit easier.

The Resident HaruKino Fanwhore,
MidnightPersona/Raven Armitage
MidnightPersona
MidnightPersona
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Bubuzuke points : 4253
Armitage GUTS!!! : 798

Back to top Go down

My thoughts on Haruka and Yukino Empty Re: My thoughts on Haruka and Yukino

Post by SulliMike23 Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:34 pm

When you put this into perspective Raven, it actually makes perfect sense. But you know, from what I've learned on your observations about Haruka and Yukino, it makes me think that Haruka may have Asperger's Syndrome (look it up if you don't know what it is) like I do. Growing up, I also had a strong conviction of right and wrong and that there was no grey in my world. For me it was good/bad, heroes/villains, cops/robbers, etc. I had no grey area or anything similar.

But from what you've said, Yukino would grow up to be more anti-social than Natsuki and be more like Chisame fom Negima, whereas Haruka would have more of Arika's personality. Everything you said about them puts things in a whole new perspective.
SulliMike23
SulliMike23
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 959
Armitage GUTS!!! : 281

Back to top Go down

Post by MidnightPersona Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:07 am

SulliMike23 wrote:When you put this into perspective Raven, it actually makes perfect sense. But you know, from what I've learned on your observations about Haruka and Yukino, it makes me think that Haruka may have Asperger's Syndrome (look it up if you don't know what it is) like I do. Growing up, I also had a strong conviction of right and wrong and that there was no grey in my world. For me it was good/bad, heroes/villains, cops/robbers, etc. I had no grey area or anything similar.

I must disagree on this. Haruka does have a lot of grey, it's just hard to explain. The thing is, Haruka IS a lot like me, and I have a friend with Asperger's. We can be similar, but there are differences. Haruka knows there are grey's and she acts upon that. It shows more when she's older. She just tends to be head strong and that can make her appear to have said syndrome, but she doesn't. I think I saw another member who said something similar, but that isn't Haruka. I even mention that she appears to have no grey area, but it's more of a defense. She knows the grey is there, she can see it clearly, but she tries and make everything go for the best and that can sometimes lead to her making stupid mistakes that appear to be black/white. her ability to argue and compromise with Yukino as both Kikukawa and Chrysant show she is more than capable of grey-area. She just prefers action based off her first instincts which can cause her to appear less-thoughtful. I must disagree on her having that disorder. I can see where one would get that idea, but a lot of my writings on Haruka come from personal experience and I know quite a few people with quite a few problems. Haruka's main issues stem with emotions/anger. It's behind the scenes where most of those discussions are because Haruka would have the idea of letting people see her acceptance of 'grey' as a weakness because she assumes she must be strong and stick to ideals which is why she'd discuss the grey with Yukino and confide in her about her reservations and such. It's more of a hiding matter than the syndrome. Hence why the anger/pride is more prevalent and it stems more from emotional issues. Then again, that's more my idea, but based on those I met with the syndrome I cannot agree with Haruka being that unless someone looks at her in a way she is not.

SulliMike23 wrote:But from what you've said, Yukino would grow up to be more anti-social than Natsuki and be more like Chisame fom Negima, whereas Haruka would have more of Arika's personality. Everything you said about them puts things in a whole new perspective.

Yes, I tried to do such. Yukino would make Natsuki seem like a social butterfly and Haruka would be more... well, yeah, like Arika. There may be a reason Armitage saw something in Yumemiya, ;D
MidnightPersona
MidnightPersona
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Bubuzuke points : 4253
Armitage GUTS!!! : 798

Back to top Go down

Post by wetochan Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:18 pm

I may don't have much information about these too.. But i approved Harukino relationship
Because~
in 2009 in indonesian website forum about MaiHime/Otome (but now this website already dead)
they posted news about Harukino in Mai Otome
From the author who did wrote maihime/otome scenario (who the one wrote natsuki prelude)
he said Haruka and yukino in couple years later they are gonna will be a couple
but Takes long time to for Haruka to notice Yukino's feeling ^^;
but for sure haruka is really care about yukino.. she is really want to protect Yukino no matter what happen!

so my conlusion after read that info: why haruka is really want to protect yukino so badly if she doesn't have feeling for her..

and sorry for my bad english ^^

wetochan
wetochan
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 668
Armitage GUTS!!! : 252

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down