Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dye's Psycho-Analysis of Midori Suigura

+2
MidnightPersona
ookamidesu
6 posters

Go down

Dye's Psycho-Analysis of Midori Suigura Empty Dye's Psycho-Analysis of Midori Suigura

Post by ookamidesu Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:56 pm

Background Information: Midori is first introduced into the series as a fellow waitress at Lindenbaum, where Mai works. She claims to be 17 years of age, though no one believes her. She later quits her waitress job and takes a job offer at Fuuka Gakuen as a history teacher. She is a HiME with the CHILD Gakutenou and her element is a labrys. She is the self-appointed leader of the HiME Sentai and a complete history nerd. To her, being locked in a shrine full of historical documents is considered orgasmic. She has red hair, green eyes, and a mischievous smile.

Warnings, cautions, notes, and randomness that you should know: I'm writing this analysis based on pure memory, so if there is incorrect information, let me know and I will fix it. Before reading this, you should have watched Mai HiME, or at least know all the essential details, because there will (undoubtedly) be many many spoilers. And some opinions. Okay, a lot of opinions.

As well, I would like to state that my "approval" of a character is determined by whether or not I would like the character if they were a real life person.

My psycho-analysis: Simply put, Midori is a leader hiding behind the friendliness of a teenager. When we first met Midori, she seemed like the happy-go-lucky kind of girl with a very straightforward and seemingly innocent mindset. It was later revealed that she was knowledgeable of the HiME legends and that she was actually researching said legends.

Midori is the type of person that tries to shield others from hurt. This is exemplified in the start of the carnival arc where she continuously advises the other HiMEs that they should not fight, no matter what. She tries to uphold her happy-go-lucky demeanor in order to lighten the mood for everyone else, even as she knows the dark side of their fate. In a later episode where Mashiro confides in Midori, we can see Midori displaying her serious and protective side.

Midori is also the type of person who would sacrifice her own happiness if she believes that it would help the greater good, which shows when she sacrificed herself to save Miyu from Mikoto in that episode where Mikoto was sent to kill Miyu. She believed that Miyu was the key to changing things in that certain carnival, so she willingly allowed her CHILD to die, which ultimately meant she allowed her most precious person to die. That's character right there. She is unselfish, putting others before her.

To be honest with you, I found Midori's analysis hard to write, but not because her character is difficult to understand. Instead, her character has so many layers that I'm not sure where I should begin. The way I see her is... she's goofy, she's silly, she's fun, she's smart, she's passionate, she's kind, she's protective, she's loyal. She's the kind of person who doesn't ever let anyone know what she's thinking, except sometimes, she lets her mask slip. She's the kind of person who would carry all the burden herself if she could, and step back to watch everyone else have fun.

She's also a potentially great leader. Though, this is my personal opinion based off of my perception of Midori's character.

My name is Dye, and I approve of Midori's character. Because she was a nerd with such noble qualities. And awesome fighting skillz.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow, I'm sorry it took me so long to get this out. Next one is Shiho!

Last edited by ookamidesu on Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
ookamidesu
ookamidesu
Sexilicious Zhang-papa
Sexilicious Zhang-papa

Bubuzuke points : 8884
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1354

http://jnz5012.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Dye's Psycho-Analysis of Midori Suigura Empty Re: Dye's Psycho-Analysis of Midori Suigura

Post by MidnightPersona Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:26 pm

I really enjoyed reading this and it's well thought-out. I am excited to see your thoughts on Shiho.
MidnightPersona
MidnightPersona
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Bubuzuke points : 4253
Armitage GUTS!!! : 798

Back to top Go down

Dye's Psycho-Analysis of Midori Suigura Empty Re: Dye's Psycho-Analysis of Midori Suigura

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:28 am

Wonderful read, Dye. :) Midori Sugiura to me is a natural born heroine. She is a superheroine at heart, in addition to an adventurer. Her best quality remains the ability to unite the HiME together as a team, rather than a lost group of girls with powers who don't know who their friends or enemies are. You're right about her leadership, though Mai Tokiha is the most powerful (my opinion), she couldn't lead the girls if her life depended on it. She couldn't even pick up on her Japanese history. ;p Midori needs to tutor her badly.

In short, I enjoyed this read as well. Miss Sugiura is a charismatic beauty who cares about her friends and believes in the power of friendship, ala Sailor Moon. You gotta love her. ^_^
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ookamidesu Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:17 pm

Thanks. Looks like it'll take a while for Shiho's to come out. Life is getting in the way now. :(
ookamidesu
ookamidesu
Sexilicious Zhang-papa
Sexilicious Zhang-papa

Bubuzuke points : 8884
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1354

http://jnz5012.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:45 pm

ookamidesu wrote:Thanks. Looks like it'll take a while for Shiho's to come out. Life is getting in the way now. :(

Take your time, Dye. :) My personal thoughts on Shiho are gonna be lengthy (I wanna do justice to her, even though I'm not fond of her), so I can wait patiently to type all that.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by SpiralDasher Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:00 am

I will dominate this thread and make it my bitch. >3 MUAHAHAHAHA!!!

Warning, fangirl rant ahead:

To me, Midori is a unique character- something I've never seen before so she instantly drew me in. A smart history teacher, a power-rangers otaku, A+ skills at battling giant monsters, happy and playful personality, a heavy drinker, excellent leader qualities = Jiminy crickets!!! <333 /favorite character "The only thing she can't do is fly-- oh wait! She had Gakutenou, a chariot Child why can fly at the speed of sound!" My favorite Hime and my favorite Child.

I could fangirl about this character all night, but I've done that enough on this board, so I'll try to calm down for the next parts.

At first I admit I didn't like her character; we first see her in the resturant wearing the waitress outfit. She seemed like the overly-giddy characters and that kinda put me off. I admit I was amused when she snuck into the shrine, but little did I know her awesomeness would soon reach levels over 9000.

She single-handedly took down that giant orphan with mostly her own abilities (She used her labrys as a boomerang for crying out loud!!) all the while giving an inspiring speech about friendship and justice.

It turns out she's researching the Carnival and a way to overcome it. She gathered everyone together and was easily about to take on the leadership role. She has a wacky and likeable personality. Even when everything was falling apart, she was one of the Hime that didn't go insane and in fact sacrificed her own Child in order to save Miyu and put an end to the 300-year repeating cycles.

Usually happy, but serious when she needs to be and willing to do the work and effort to get something done. I can't find fault with this character. Maybe that's because I love her too much but gah! To me, she'll always be awesome. <3

Sorry that my thoughts are all over the place with this post. I could be more direct when talking about certain scenes, but I can't think of any scene to nitpick at, so I'm fangirling about her character as a whole. ^^;
SpiralDasher
SpiralDasher
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 1200
Armitage GUTS!!! : 400

http://www.fanfiction.net/~littledemoninside

Back to top Go down

Post by depression76 Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:25 am

SpiralDasher wrote:I will dominate this thread and make it my bitch. >3 MUAHAHAHAHA!!!

Warning, fangirl rant ahead:

To me, Midori is a unique character- something I've never seen before so she instantly drew me in. A smart history teacher, a power-rangers otaku, A+ skills at battling giant monsters, happy and playful personality, a heavy drinker, excellent leader qualities = Jiminy crickets!!! <333 /favorite character "The only thing she can't do is fly-- oh wait! She had Gakutenou, a chariot Child why can fly at the speed of sound!" My favorite Hime and my favorite Child.

I could fangirl about this character all night, but I've done that enough on this board, so I'll try to calm down for the next parts.

At first I admit I didn't like her character; we first see her in the resturant wearing the waitress outfit. She seemed like the overly-giddy characters and that kinda put me off. I admit I was amused when she snuck into the shrine, but little did I know her awesomeness would soon reach levels over 9000.

She single-handedly took down that giant orphan with mostly her own abilities (She used her labrys as a boomerang for crying out loud!!) all the while giving an inspiring speech about friendship and justice.

It turns out she's researching the Carnival and a way to overcome it. She gathered everyone together and was easily about to take on the leadership role. She has a wacky and likeable personality. Even when everything was falling apart, she was one of the Hime that didn't go insane and in fact sacrificed her own Child in order to save Miyu and put an end to the 300-year repeating cycles.

Usually happy, but serious when she needs to be and willing to do the work and effort to get something done. I can't find fault with this character. Maybe that's because I love her too much but gah! To me, she'll always be awesome. <3

Sorry that my thoughts are all over the place with this post. I could be more direct when talking about certain scenes, but I can't think of any scene to nitpick at, so I'm fangirling about her character as a whole. ^^;

This post Like plus THUMBS UP.

You said everything I had in mind about her.

Go Midori ♥️♥️♥️
depression76
depression76
White Devil Worshiper
White Devil Worshiper

Bubuzuke points : 7627
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1396

http://daydreamwiththedragon.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:51 am

SpiralDasher wrote:I will dominate this thread and make it my bitch. >3 MUAHAHAHAHA!!!

>:3 I can see that. You've made this thread lie on it's back!!! Azusa

SpiralDasher wrote:Warning, fangirl rant ahead:

You know those people who are naturally happy and have not one worry in the world as they appreciate their lives and know they can unite many people for one positive just cause? The kind of person who does things the way he or she wants to do, to write his or her own poetry in life.

That is Midori Sugiura. So grab your booze, attractive nurse and giant chariot beast and be the best damn human being you can be.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Midori Sugiura Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:27 am

I enjoyed this, and if I add this to my research of Midori's Divine nature, It only fleshes out her divinity more,
Midori Sugiura
Midori Sugiura
High Priest Brony of Midori-ism

Bubuzuke points : 3743
Armitage GUTS!!! : 251

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:44 pm

Midori Sugiura wrote:I enjoyed this, and if I add this to my research of Midori's Divine nature, It only fleshes out her divinity more,

The thing I enjoyed most about Dye's analysis threads was that the information came directly from her. Nothing felt copy and paste. Midori
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Midori Sugiura Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:19 am

I am the High Priest Brony of Midori-ism and I approve of this post
Midori Sugiura
Midori Sugiura

Bubuzuke points : 3743
Armitage GUTS!!! : 251

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down